Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2013, 12:45 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Well, Bobbi and Donna, you made me go and check and see what version of Internet explorer I have on mine--- On my laptop which is Windows 7, I have internet explorer 11 and have no problems with it. But I went to my Desktop PC, which is Windows Vista and it is running Internet explorer 9, and doesn't even offer IE10 update for that version.. I know it is old and I have the CD and all that I need to use to upgrade it to a Windows 7 but just haven't done it. Maybe I should do that after Christmas huh???

We didn't get any snow but it sure is cold here!! Right now we are sitting at 32 degrees and no sunshine!
Old 11-24-2013, 07:28 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen3 View Post
Lynn...Still late summer down here. I'm going down to Bradenton Feb 3ish for a tournament. We stay in a motel not far from the outlets
k3
Hi Karen,

I will be in Venice FL for the month of Dec. Bradenton is not far at all from Venice. How long does it take you to get to Bradenton?

Lynn
Old 11-24-2013, 07:46 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Lynn...depending on traffic about 1 1/2 hrs. Takes time for me to get to RT75 and then fly down. Unless I hit Tampa work hours. Temp dropped here...it will be in 60's for TG. 40ish at night. Closed my slider tonight. If you have time I'd love to met with you for coffee.....k3

ps my motto is "have keys will travel"

Last edited by Karen3; 11-24-2013 at 07:48 PM.
Old 11-24-2013, 09:01 PM   #94  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

K3 and Lynn ~ wow that would be cool if you guys could meet.
Old 11-24-2013, 09:30 PM   #95  

Karen and Lynn, It is so much fun to get to meet in person-- hope you can make it happen.
Old 11-25-2013, 12:24 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies
What a cold weekend we had. The wind was the worst. We went to the camp Friday night. Saturday morning I got up and went Xmas shopping. I managed to get a good bit of gifts off my list. I got back just in time to dress warm and get on my deer stand. About 15 minutes after I was there a spike buck and doe came and fed for 40 minutes in front of me. I couldn't move nothing but my eyes. They would eat and look at me. They couldn't tell I was there. Very pretty to watch. After the walked away then I started to worry about how cold I was. We got up Sunday morning and headed to the next town about 10 miles and went to mass. We came back and went into the woods to fix my seat on my stand and fix a ladder on another. We packed and cleaned the camp and got home and unloaded and headed to academy. I needed some warmer hunting clothes. While I was there dh and I got more gifts. (Almost finished). That was our weekend. Busy busy.
Diet wise I did well again. Weigh I is Wednesday so I'm hopeful.
Thanksgiving is coming fast. I need to season the turkey. Make cornbread dressing macaroni and cheese sweet potatoe crunch casserole and 2 pecan pies. Phew. I better get busy. Then at the same time pack for the camp. We go thanksgiving afternoon and stay until Sunday.

It's taken me all morning to type this. No time to do personals. Hi everybody.

Hugs
Cajun
Old 11-25-2013, 05:03 PM   #97  

Height: 5'3"

Just got home about an hour ago. we had a nice quiet time at the OR coast crabbing. The crabbing wasn't the best but think we got about 9 dungeness (what we really want) and quite a few large red rocks. we give the red rocks to friends. When we arrived it was very cold and too windy to be out on the dock comfortably so dh just set his pots and we stayed inside. But it warmed up the rest of the time and we enjoyed our time on the docks using our lines with crab traps. I got a nice dungeness keeper myself...I haven't gotten one myself for at least a couple years so I was happy to feel I contributed. The rest of the time though I just got the little ones. We ate lunch out twice and dinner out once. Rest of time we ate in condo. Dinner last night was a bit disappointing to me but dh seemed to like it ok. I was so disappointed that I made sure not to eat much and then got dessert which was good! So good that I refused to do our usual sharing and except for a couple bites reluctantly shared with dh just so he could decide whether he wanted his own piece, I ate it all! So not surprisingly I gained 3# and now have to work on that again. The trouble with eating dessert is that it sets me up for craving desserts again. Oh well, have to deal with it.. Found one of my book wins in the mail. Looks pretty interesting.

I just finished Crossroads by Wm Paul Young. He's the author of the Shack which I liked and this one was just as good. He's been to our church, he is not a preacher but shared his personal story which was very interesting.
I am now reading a story about a highly functioning autistic young woman who is an expert in nonverbal communication. It is a mystery of sorts (not the usual) and It has kept my attention.

I've been busy since I got home putting away food, going through a lot of mail and checking email and FB. Now I think it's time for lunch.

Hope you are having a good week...I have some planning and shopping to do and then cooking for my part of Thanksgiving so the rest of the week will be busy.
Old 11-26-2013, 04:04 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen3 View Post
Lynn...depending on traffic about 1 1/2 hrs. Takes time for me to get to RT75 and then fly down. Unless I hit Tampa work hours. Temp dropped here...it will be in 60's for TG. 40ish at night. Closed my slider tonight. If you have time I'd love to met with you for coffee.....k3

ps my motto is "have keys will travel"
ABSOLUTELY! I will have my laptop & will get in touch when I get down there.

Lynn
Old 11-26-2013, 04:21 PM   #99  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Hola, Goldens...

Nothing to report... all is status quo (a good thing!).

Lynn and KarenFL - I'm excited that you're going to meet! I WANT TO VISIT WITH YOU, TOO!!! Keep us posted with all details!

Everyone, be well. Later, lovelies!
Old 11-26-2013, 09:29 PM   #100  

A busy day. Decided to do my shopping today...was going to wait for something s until tomorrow but when I saw the crowds decided to try and get it all done. Well I almost made it, but still need 3 items. So will be out tomorrow too. The good news is my left arm is finally beginning to feel a little better (about a week now), The "bad" news is that my right arm started hurting too about the same time. Don't know why...more like muscle soreness than injury but not sure what i did to cause it. But the other good news is that today it is feeling a little better too.. It's amazing how just having a bit of pain relief makes me feel so much better.

Does anyone know the difference in taste in Garnet yams and Emerald yams? I've been asking people and one told me one was sweeter but I am not clear which one. One said she didn't think there was any difference. and three other said they had no idea, two of them didn't even know there were different yams. Well, I think I've seen the signs but never thought much about it until this year. I'm making a Sweet Potato Souffle but usually use yams. Never questioned before, just grabbed. But suddenly today it has become the big question in my life. LOL I googled my question and learned that what we call yams here in America are really just different kinds of sweet potatoes and the true yam is different. Apparently we called the oranger ones yams to differentiate from the regular sweet potatoes. So I did learn something but not the info I wanted. I was googling in the store so maybe I just didn't look long enough...

Suddenly I am tired..shopping wears me out...

Last edited by maryea; 11-27-2013 at 01:39 AM.
Old 11-26-2013, 09:56 PM   #101  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Happy pre-Thanksgiving. I have a quick question for all you gadget buffs. I'm going to buy a lap top...ipad or tablet. I want it to play games on...use in the kitchen for looking up recipes...etc. I won't be watching movies or listening to music on it.I want to google stuff. What do you suggest?
Old 11-27-2013, 08:20 AM   #102  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies. Finally the rain cleared out. We caught rain for 2 days and nights. The sun is supposed to shine today but 26 degrees tonight. Love this cold weather. Yesterday dh did most of my side dishes for thanksgiving. I just have pecan pie to bake for tomorrow. Also have to pack. I just love those 4 day weekends.
Today is weigh in day and I'm pleased to say I'm down another 1.5 lbs. yay. I'm down 5.5 lbs in 3 weeks. Tim going to try and taste only the things I really would hate to miss out on. I will taste a bite of dessert and eat lots of turkey. That's the plan. I will jump right back on Thursday night.
It's going to be crazy for the next couple days so I would like to wish each and every one of you happy thanksgiving to you and your family. I'm very thankful for y'all being my friends throughout my weigh loss journey. Never judging me. Never getting tired of hearing me whine, complain or even brag about my triumphs. Thanks dear ladies.
Hugs
Cajun
Old 11-27-2013, 10:46 AM   #103  

Bobbi, I love my pad mini and it does all that and is just the right size to have a recipe on there to try out. I love it!! It is pretty much like having a laptop that is small enough to carry in our purse. You can do email, browse the web, take pictures, play games. I really like mine a lot!
Old 11-27-2013, 01:25 PM   #104  

Good morning all you goldens! I'm about to go out and finish my grocery shopping so will make this quick. I'm excited about this Thanksgiving meal as it will be the first time in a very long time that our oldest ds and his sister will be together for Thanksgiving in a long time. It will be different because it will not be in the "family home" but it will still be a great time. I'm taking sweet potato souffle (except I make with yams), St Louis short ribs (just one rack, more like an appetizer), and I think some pb cookies with chocolate Kisses on top.

I hope you all have a wonderful thanksgiving day and that you are able to enjoy time with loved ones and good food!
Old 11-27-2013, 08:55 PM   #105  
--*-}}}-*-{{{-*--

S/C/G: 206/186.4/145

Height: 5'5"

Hello there! I am 57 and looking to talk to people my age who are attending to their weight, and so forth. I came at an odd time because I am not sure I can get back for a day or so.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!
Closed Thread