Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 09:14 AM   #76  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning...I caught up on all the post and too many to respond.

Mary...I hate reading the same book twice so after I read a book on my kindle, I delete it.

K3....I think I'll try your cake recipe, sounds good.

Cajun...I can see you on your deer stand, listening to the leaves fall. Smells good out in the woods doesn't it.

Gayle...I just finished a blue jean quilt. Now I'm busy putting up Christmas decorations. We didn't have a fire place at our country home but do now and I'm having fun decorating that. I'm thinking it would be a relief that your mom loves the nursing home.

KarenMo....did you get any damage from the 88 tornadoes that swept across the Midwest? We just got the rain, no wind or storms.

Rosey...you have moose in your back yard, we have wild turkeys. We feed 1 Tom turkey, 3 hens and 6 youngsters. Some days they're here 6 times, I told Bruce to start buying cheaper seeds. If Charlie happens to be tied up outside, he just stares at them. The turkeys just stare back and aren't frightened of him.
During the night the raccoons clean up all the leftover seeds, 5 of them last night. We put a salt block out for the deer that come, and the possums are here most nights too. We are enjoying the view from our windows, wildlife is so entertaining.

Bruce is waiting for me to get my coat on, going to the YMCA for 1/2 hour exercising. That's all I can handle, too much to do.

Hi Donna...what's up?

Old 11-18-2013, 09:53 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Good morning! We didn't have any of the horrible weather that so many others have had these past few days! I hope everyone is safe. We had some winds and rain but nothing even close to severe here.

I delete some of my books too but some I do keep. I had read When the storm passes and I just can't let that one go... I'll probably read it several times. But most I read delete afterwards.

Going to have Thanksgiving dinner here this year so have lots to do in the next few weeks. Right now our number is fluctuating from 17 to 20. But I know there will be plenty and I really do look forward to it. My son, his GF and her sons will be having dinner with us this year, looking forward to meeting her and her boys.

Then I'll have a few days to take a breath before heading to Branson for 3 days and 2 nights! That should be fun! Then hubbys birthday on the 11th, then the wedding on the 16th, then Christmas, then our anniversary on New Years Eve!! December is always busy but more so this year!!

Take care everyone and stay safe! Have a Great day!
Old 11-18-2013, 05:25 PM   #78  

Height: 5'3"

Good Monday everyone! Doctor visit today.. He said I may not need surgery now but he thinks I'm headed toward it so this will be a consultation to get to know the doctor etc. I don't really care to get to know anymore surgeons... Otherwise though...my A1C at the last visit was 7 which means it has dropped 3 pts AND that was right in the middle of all this infection etc., so thats a good sign I think that I'm eating better at least for my diabetes and that it is still controllable by my eating despite what the doc said. I told him I had lost a few pounds and he said nothing. Oh, well, I don't need his support, I know what needs to be done and will do it. Stopped for groceries on the way home...even picked up my first Christmas gift. It was 1/2 price and I'd been planning on buying it so figured I might as well get it now. Usually I don't start shopping end of Nov.

Karen31/Bobbi - I delete mine right away too. That's not my problem...I simply have too many on my Kindle. They sync to all my other devices too, but the change is that now when I buy them, I have them downloaded instantly to only my iPad and I just checked and they are not downloading to my Kindle. I only read my Kindle when I'm at the gym or waiting for an appt etc. usually. I read my iPad while watching TV and playing games. So this will help me not to overload my Kindle as I'm afraid it might slow down or even freeze. I was told it holds 1500 and right now I have 1922 items on it. Once I get it to a more reasonable level I will start downloading new books to it.

Bobbie - Are wild turkeys good to eat?

Karen31 - sounds like you have lots of fun ahead! I just found out my gs (7), the son of my runner dd, is going to run in a kids run on Dec 1st. It's also here in town so I'm looking forward to that.

Last edited by maryea; 11-18-2013 at 05:26 PM.
Old 11-18-2013, 08:15 PM   #79  

rosey
Old 11-19-2013, 07:40 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Good morning. What I thought was goin to be a lazy afternoon turned into work. Ds needed our help at his house yesterday afternoon. Hurried back to shower and get to church at 6. Pulled up and dh said that's slit of people early for mass. Looked at the schedule on the sign and it said 515. Hmmm they changed it and we didn't know. It a church in the next town and not our regular church but we go because we camp every weekend and they offer a Sunday afternoon mass. :-(. Felt real bad. The weekend was great diet wise. I did 100 %. For some reason I'm tired this morning.
I'm thinking this weekend I'm going to sneak away from the camp and start some Xmas shopping. I hate waiting until the last minute.

Karen31 your weekend sounded like fun.
Mary the good part about your weight going up and down by a couple lbs is your maintaining. I think that's harder than losing it. Your doing great!
Tuesday: just realized I typed yesterday's post and didn't send it. Still doing well on food plan. Nothing going on but work. Tomorrow is weigh on day. I'm hopeful.

Hi to all. Work early this morning.
May have time for personals later.
Hugs
Cajun
Old 11-19-2013, 03:34 PM   #81  

We slept in then went to dh's retiree club brunch. I had two small blueberry pancakes (from side menu) and remembered to order SF syrup, and we shared the bacon so don't think I did too badly. I took a chance with eating the blueberries, but I love them and haven't had any since all this colon stuff started. Just made sure I chewed the raw ones well and counted the ones in the pancakes as cooked. I now have my appt for the surgery consultation..on Dec 12. I went over on my eating last night but I actually dropped a few ounces so didn't seem to hurt.

Cajun - Thanks, yes I am maintaining. MFP really helps me.
Old 11-20-2013, 10:31 AM   #82  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Quick Catch-up Good Hola, Goldens!

I made an appointment with the doc on Dec. 2nd for a consultation on the hip. It's obviously not getting better, and I think sooner rather than later is a good idea... I hope I can have the surgery early in the year without a lot of "let's try this, let's try that" nonsense. As you know, my patience and tolerance are, um, like, limited.

Nothing much going on here. It's still GORGEOUS, although the WF are wringing their hands in anticipation of WEATHER. We'll see.... One guy on NPR said 1-2 feet by tomorrow morning; actually, he might be a professional WF, because everyone else said 1-2 inches. Or he could be a man...

Off to have b'fast, fix lunch, lather the lard, and then grind some stone.

Hope you're all well. Personals sometime! Later, lovelies!
Old 11-20-2013, 10:49 AM   #83  

Good morning ladies.

2 LB loss this week. I'll take that. So I'm down 4 lbs. it's lbs that I've already loss and have to do again. I need to be at 205 to be back to where I was. I'll get there. Nothing going on here. Just work.

Bobbi it is very nice sitting on a stand. Peaceful. The birds singing and the fall leaves falling.
Mary no one wants to have surgery but if you have to have it maybe you will feel better. This colon and the foods you should avoid are worrying you constantly. It has to be hard never knowing what will hurt you and what won't. Hang on there.
Karen31 it sounds like your going to have a very busy time on December.
Karenfl how are you doing?

Have to get back to work. Hii to all I missed!

Hugs
Cajun
Old 11-20-2013, 11:47 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

I just finished Week 2 of a 3-week course. Keeping me busy. My DD & SIL are on their way up north for Thanksgiving. After our get-together with my nieces, I am going back to FL with DD for the rest of the holiday season. Cats coming with me. I will have my computer.

Lynn
Old 11-20-2013, 02:37 PM   #85  

So far no colon pain today. Went to gym...walked a mile, then rode bike 21 min. , did hand bike 6 min. and one other weight machine for 20 reps. Since I haven't been there for several days I decided that was enough. Finished a book there and started another one.

Some stupid program (malware?) is downloading ads on my computer. About every time I load my browser or click on a link. Such a bother! At least this one has a consistent name...it says I can deactivate the ads but then the link doesn't work. Gave an email so I tried that but doubtful it will work. Worried about giving them my email address but I think it came with another program I installed so likely they have it already. ETA: I restored my computer to an earlier date and it appears to be gone (until the next one comes along!)

Lynn - Thanksgiving in FL sounds lovely.

Cajun - congrats on the 2# loss! Yes, if I determine I really need the surgery I will have it but I honestly don't feel I do need it yet. If I were to have any I think I need my hernia repaired more but also hope to wait on that. So if things stay the same I'll just talk to him and try to learn whether there is more I can do/not do.

Tired now so guess I'll lay down for a while.

ETA: I may be out of pocket for a few days again. Just want you to know I'm ok. Will pop in if I can.

Last edited by maryea; 11-20-2013 at 05:07 PM.
Old 11-21-2013, 10:37 AM   #86  

Good morning ladies,
It's a cloudy dreary day. Supposed to rain Friday Saturday and Monday and Tuesday. Then turn cold. 32 degrees thanksgiving morning. I do like the cold weather. We are headed to the camp after a late lunch thanksgiving for a long weekend. I'm going to be hunting NOT shopping. We are still not sure if we are going to the camp Friday afternoon like usual or wait until Saturday morning. Just depends on the rain. But I do love to be at the camp when it's raining. I love to sleep with the rain falling on a metal roof. Like my youngest son would say mom that's a good sleep. Lol.
Gotta go. Hi everybody
Hugs
Cajun
Old 11-21-2013, 01:46 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Hi all....Not missing just feeling so sad and lacking joy. My friend's Dx isn't good and I feel so powerless. All 3 men that are my bridge partners are having mega problems with their wives and alzheimers. Told my husband he better be thankful for a wonky kneed wife this season.

Cajun....Just be happy and taste everything a little Thanksgiving. Stuff the bird not the chick!

Lynn...Still late summer down here. I'm going down to Bradenton Feb 3ish for a tournament. We stay in a motel not far from the outlets

Karen...I miss doing the huge dinners for Xmas and Thanksgiving...but I still enjoy that midnight snack of turkey sandwich on cheap white bread. That was always when I enjoyed the dinner. OMG NO Wonder Bread...ALASSSSS!

Rosey...Hope you have a pot simmering on the new wood stove for moisture. Threw in some lavender and Mr Cranky will be cheerful all winter.

Donna....2-3" or 2-3'....now that is a big difference.

Poor Dash...I just threw in the electric fry pan 2 turkey thighs. I want gravy/egg noodles/turkey for dinner. Yeah I know but my stomach is begging asap. He will be herding us into the kitchen for an hour wanting dinner.

Bobbi...Your move to town has really upped your busy.

k3
Old 11-23-2013, 01:04 AM   #88  

Hi everyone we had a snow storm last nite and got 8 inchs of snow. it was really blowing and swirling around. then this am we had a power outage.. for several hrs but we were snug and warm with the new stove. sure am glad we put it in. its all christmas'sy outside. Happy weekend rosey
Old 11-23-2013, 08:59 AM   #89  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good morning... We have a beautiful dusting of snow...looks like a landscape of diamonds. Two days ago my computer downloaded explorer 11without my consent. It took me 2 hours to get rid of it by uninstalling it. Nothing worked so I did a systems restore. The next morning. It was back on my computer. I took it into a guy that fixes cp's and still don't have it back. I feel like I lost my best friend. I'm pecking this message out on my kindle. Happy weekend everyone.
Old 11-23-2013, 10:42 AM   #90  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Chilly Morning, Goldens!

Bobbi - when you do get your computer back, go to Windows Update (from search programs in the start menu), then go to change settings (along the left hand column), click and choose "check for updates but let me choose when to download". It sounds like your setting is for an automatic update download.... NOT GOOD. It's way too early to trust IE 11; it just came out this month. In fact, it's barely long enough to trust that IE 10 is bug free. I just allowed that to be downloaded this week!

Slept long and deep last night and feel great this morning! Sleep is such a good thing!

Hope you're all without stress in anticipation of the big meal on Thursday! I just love the turkey and the trimmings... so looking forward.

Hope all is well. Later, lovelies!
Closed Thread