Old 11-16-2012, 01:55 PM   #106  

I just returned to BFC after a few months away and the bloat started to return. @ days and already feeling better! Now to read the thread.
KathyG
spcdcider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:08 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Welcome back Kathy. I don't know where everyone has been, probably just busy! I know what you mean about the bloat returning! We've all been there!

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 11-23-2012 at 09:13 PM.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:07 PM   #108  
Chick Losing

S/C/G: S/C/G 219.6/199.2/172

Height: 5.5"

Hello Everyone
Hope all is well, Carol Sue I am glad that you are staying on top of the situation. Please be careful and take care of yourself. I have seen a few docotrs sense my last post, but I will fill you in on that later. I am trying to do 50 things at a time to day and running behind.
I am sending LOVE and Best Wishes to all my BFC chicks and hope evryone has a safe and Happy THanksgiving.

Hugs
Izzy
BCL216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:43 AM   #109  

S/C/G: 185/174/169

Height: 5'8

Hello good friends on BFC!

I'm still up in weight but have been keeping it steady. Really need to step up the exercise, but with all the things on my mind with T-day and the approaching holidays I've lost some of my usual control. That and I'm not really sure where DBF and I are headed...but that's a different post.

I've been healthy (but lazy) and hope you all are doing well and keeping on plan. Got most of my Christmas stuff up but need to install the outside lights on the next warm day. If you didn't know, I'm a single woman living in a 3-storey house on 3/4 acre, so there's always lots to do.

How are you all coping with shopping, etc. ?

Take care,

Andi
WebWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:34 AM   #110  
Chick Losing

Good Morning all,
Its cold here and the Christmas Rush is On! I have managed to decorate and just getting started shopping. My weight is up and down, totally out of control.
Andi good to see you posting and I know what you mean. I am married, but my husband travel 5 days out of the week. So there is always alot a round the house that I must keep up with too. I have had some medical issues I have to deal with and like so many others, I say after the holidays. I am trying to do better with eating, but must do much, much better. I hope that all is well with everyone and that you are enjoying the Holiday preparations.
Stay healthy and do the best you can.

Hugs
Izzy
Old 12-01-2012, 12:54 PM   #111  

Hi everyone!

I made it through T-day. Then I woke up Wed morning and passed out getting out of bed. Was dizzy and vomiting for the next few hours. Got a DR appointment for Tuesday and an rx for Antivert. I still get slightly dizzy if I bend over and I'm being very careful. DH thinks it's from the synthroid that I started on a week ago, but dizziness is not a known side effect. I will wait to see what the doctor says. I have felt a little better since starting the synthroid. One thing I noticed is I'm no longer constipated. I'm sorry if that is too much information! LOL I am also not feeling the cold I had been feeling. I am normally not cold, but I was feeling so cold, deep inside my core. I felt like an ice cube! Now I'm back to feeling comfortable.

My weight is maintaining. I had started back to exercising but quit after the fainting spell. I think the synthroid is keeping me from gaining. At least one thing is going right. I am only having an occasional palpitation and every time I record one on the heart monitor and transmit it to the doctor he says "You are having some extra heartbeats but everything looks good." I don't know if the palpitations and the dizziness are connected.

Andi
- I hope things work out well for you and DB. Relationships can be difficult at times. I am confident that you will get back in control of your weight and exercising. You have always done it in the past.

Izzy - I hope your health issues are under control. That is the main concern. The weight and exercise are secondary at this point. Don't do anything to make things worse. It is a constant issue, I know, and one we will deal with the rest of our lives, unfortunately. But in the end, we have to stay healthy.

Kathy G - Are you still reading? How are you doing with BFC this time around? I don't follow that plan, but I do try to limit carbs.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:12 AM   #112  

Hello BFC girls, we all must be too busy to post!

Carol Sue, I hope your heart issues have abated...no one wants that kind of worry at the holidays or any other time!

Izzy - Hope you're feeling well and not sick again. Sometimes the stress of the season compromises our immune system!

I'm doing well but not losing any more due to stress and drinking wine at night ;-). I've put up the tree and decorated the house - also put up Christmas lights outside and added shelving and shoe boxes to my closets, so have been busy with powertools. Just about done with Christmas shopping but have to do wrapping, cards, and baking yet. What we put ourselves through for the holidays!

My twins (19) will be home from school tomorrow and I look forward to seeing them. I'm spending the weekend with DBF: we're going to his daughter's college graduation and will have their family Christmas dinner on Sunday when relatives are in town. Tuesday I'll have some girlfriends over for a holiday dinner at my house, and I'll host my family's Christmas dinner here on the 25th.

<<<<Stress>>>>>

Hang in there girls!

Andi
Old 12-12-2012, 10:00 PM   #113  

Well, Andi, it sounds like you have your holidays all planned out! It will be nice to have your twins home for a while. You get to play Mom and pamper them a bit. My outside decorations are up, but I still have to do the inside. Probably Thursday and Friday.

I am feeling a little better. I'm still having occasional palpitations and dizziness. My PCP wants me to go for a brain MRI for the dizziness. It's only occasional now, but I thought it would have gone away in 2 weeks. I guess I'll have to get it checked. One thing after another. Last year I had surgery right before Christmas so my holidays were very low key. I hope to get through this year a little better.

Where are you, Izzy????
Old 12-15-2012, 09:12 PM   #114  

Hi

Wondering if any one has any good lowcarb no or low sugar treats I can make myself so that I am not temped but everyone elses Christmas morning.

Since Oct 6th I have only lost 11lbs and would love to at least maintain that through the New Year.

Thanks
Anna
Pinkrose4664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:20 AM   #115  

Hi Pinkrose,

I found this link with several yummy recipes for cookies and treats. I like to use stevia powder instead of Splenda, but you have to experiment with the measurement so it's not too sweet. The Biscotti looks great!

Andi
Old 12-27-2012, 10:04 PM   #116  
Chick Losing

Hello Everyone,
Hope everyone had a great Christmas. I have had some health issues too. Much like Carol Sue, I have had 2 MRIs and still don't know what is going on. I have had some unusual systoms: dizziness, blackout for 30 sec. or so.
numbness in right foot and hot shooting pain up the same leg. Prior I had drooping of right eye and corner of my mouth plus sharp pain in my head.
I still have no idea as to what is going on. One doctor said I needed "eyelid surgery".??**# I give up.
Well ladies its almost a new year and I for one wants to get back on track and get the weight off and get healthy. I am tired of the doctors and bills. Ok
that brings me to a wish for us all to have a HEALTHY new Year.

Hugs to all and I HOPE that you all are doing well.
Hugs
Izzy
Old 12-30-2012, 08:29 PM   #117  

Hi Izzy - Sorry to hear of all your health issues. It's a royal pain, isn't it? My palpitations have improved considerably. I still have occasional dizziness which I'm blaming on my blood sugar. 2 of my meds have been increased, one of them being for the blood sugar, so I will see if that helps. Believe it or not, I use a pill box with seven days of the week, and each day has 4 sections for AM, Noon, PM and Bedtime. I am running out of room in the sections! For one thing, the fish oil capsules take up a lot of room, plus until I got my new higher dose BS meds I was taking double of the old ones. So with the new single tablet meds it will be better. But I have no more room for meds. I remember when I worked at Medco I used to feel bad for the patients who sent in so many prescriptions. Now I am one of those people.

I haven't gained any weight over the holidays, but I am making bad choices. Too many carbs. New Years Day is upon us...a time for new beginnings. We will all do better.

I hope you get to the bottom of your problems and feel better soon.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:42 PM   #118  
Chick Losing

Hi Carol Sue,
Glad to hear that you are doing better and I know that you will get that sugar under control as well. I am feeling better even though they do not know what was happening to me. I am puzzled as well and now the inside of my right foot is numb. ?? I just don't know, but I do plan tp get back on track Jan.1 2013. I know its a must! We ladies will have to hold each other accountable and take care of our selves. I wish for everyone a Blessed New Year and the best of health. We need to get busy.

Hugs
Happy New Year!
Izzy
Old 12-31-2012, 04:27 PM   #119  
Chick Losing

Happy New Year BFC Chicks!
Hope your New Year will be filled with Happinness, good fortune and good health.

Hugs
Izzy
Old 01-02-2013, 08:22 AM   #120  

Happy New Year BFC Chicks!

Sorry to hear about your mystery symptoms Izzy...hopefully they will find out what's needed to get you back to 100%. Carol Sue, glad to hear you are feeling better. :-)

I don't have any health issues to blame, but I'm now back on BFC with a vengeance! I weighed in this morning (after a huge ribs dinner last night with saurkraut, mashed potatoes, gravy, rolls, cake, ice cream..you name it) and have gained over 10 pounds !!!!!!!!! >:

So first thing this morning, I set my alarm early (didn't really need to as I couldn't sleep well), took my vitamins, and worked out in our fitness room for 45 minutes before work. Later today, I will re-join my rec center with all of the other resolutioners HAHA! They must laugh at all of us every year, but the LAST thing I want is to have to start wearing my fat clothes again after I bought several new size 12 Tall pants!

I've packed a HB egg for breakfast and a huge salad for lunch and will weigh in daily. Hope I can count on you all for company, and my goal this time is 20 pounds.

Have a happy and blessed New Year EVERYONE and let's get moving!!

Andi

Last edited by WebWoman; 01-02-2013 at 08:24 AM.