Old 08-13-2012, 09:01 PM   #31  
Chick Losing

S/C/G: S/C/G 219.6/199.2/172

Height: 5.5"

Hello everyone,
Carol Sue please take care of yourself and don't put off telling your doctor of any changes. It is so important not take chances. I will keep you in my prayers. Try to eat healthy and do the best you can.

My weight is about the same, I am having a time getting back on track.

Hugs,

izzy
BCL216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:24 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 185/174/169

Height: 5'8

Good morning all,

Carol Sue, please take care of yourself and don't hesitate to get into the ER if your symptoms worsen!

I'm glad you're losing weight - keep going!

I spent the last few days in Indy with DBF and his family so haven't been online. I'm about the same weight-wise...we ate out every night and even though I made good choices, restaurant food is full of sodium and other unhealthy things. Anyway, back on the wagon today!

Have a day girls!

Andi

Last edited by WebWoman; 08-14-2012 at 08:24 AM.
WebWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:47 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Hello girls! I felt much better yesterday afternoon and also today. I think I had a bad morning yesterday. I am keeping close watch on my symptoms. I am one who is always calling the doctor about every little thing, so much that DH tells me I'm a hypochondriac. I don't want to get to the point that they ignore me because I'm always calling about things. They are aware of my problem and that's why they test me every 6 months. One time I called the cadiologist because I was having shortness of breath. They put me in the hospital and did testing for 5 days and found nothing. All they did was increase my blood pressure meds. They could have done all that as an outpatient, but when they said I had to go to the hospital it scared me so I did what they told me. I was still working then and I used up 5 sick days because of this. So now I keep a close watch on what's going on with me. I know I have problems, but I don't think they are to the point that I have to be hospitalized right away.

Andi - There are times when we have to eat out. Knowing how to make good choices is a big step in the right direction. I don't think the couple times you are subjected to higher sodium foods is such a big deal, as long as you are aware of it and it's only once in a while, not something you do on a regular basis. The whole thing is about changing our overall lifestyle forever, and avoiding "bad foods" is not possible long term. I think as long as you are doing the right thing 80% of the time you are on the right track.

Izzy - How are you doing with your stomach problems you were having? Are they gone? You are maintaining right now and will start to lose again once your body gets back to normal.

Thank you for the prayers, they are appreciated!
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:50 PM   #34  
Chick Losing

Hi Everyone,
Carol Sue, I am glad you are feeling better and any weight loss is good.
Andi, you have done so well and set the bar so high for others to follow in your foot steps. WE can always be perfect with eating out, I agree with Carol Sue. For 90% of the time you are spot on, so I dought that a little more sodium is going to do much harm.
I am still dealing with stomach problems and finding it hard to to plan my meals as before. I need to set time aside for myself and do it. I am usually so busy doing and doing for everyone but me. I am cleaning my basement so I can get to my exercise equipment. I know if I can get back into a routine that I can do much better.Ladies take care and have a great evening.

Hugs
Izzy
Old 08-17-2012, 09:12 AM   #35  

Happy Friday girls!

It's been a wacky week for me as we got our new laptops and have been getting them set up to work from home a few days a week. In addition, I've been doing car maintenance for my twins' cars. My son got his cast off yesterday and moved back into his college dorm. My daughter moves on Sunday, so the house is a wreck of totes and laundry. It's so busy now but after Sunday morning it will be dead silent and I'll miss them. The good news is that I can get rid of any of their junk food now and shop for only healthy stuff again. :-)

I've been doing fairly well but no new weight loss due to the disruptions. DBF comes over tonight and we'll have ribs that are simmering in the crock pot now. We'll make homemade cole slaw and green beans from the neighbor's garden, so it should be a healthy dinner - and Yum!

Izzy and Carol Sue, I hope you guys are both feeling better and continue to lose. Have a great Friday!

Andi
Old 08-22-2012, 08:08 AM   #36  
Chick Losing

Good Morning All,
I know everyone has been getting kids, grand kids back to school. I have been swomped with work. I still have not got myself totally on track, but I am doing better. I have been cleaning out my basement in my spare time and plan to get out my exercise equipment and get back in to a routine. I can't wait. I hope everyone is well and having a good week.

Hugs
Izzy
Old 08-22-2012, 08:35 AM   #37  

Good morning Girls!

I worked from home yesterday and it was very weird - and very easy to get distracted with laundry and other housework that was waiting to be done. Hope I can get into the groove.

Have not lost any more, I think due to just a mental issue of adjusting to living by myself again - don't know how to put it, but always before I had so much to keep me busy I didn't have time to think about what I wanted to do when the kids are gone for good. I'm continuing to clean the house which is cluttered from my kids' stuff all over. I think when my house gets back in order I'll feel more settled.

Packed a healthy lunch and snacks and will bake pork chops tonight in Spanish rice with DBF. (well, DBF won't be IN the rice HAHA).

Carol Sue, hope you continue to feel better - it makes such a difference in our outlook.

Izzy keep up the basement cleaning! Is Sensa working for you?

Have a good day all,

Andi

Last edited by WebWoman; 08-22-2012 at 08:40 AM.
Old 08-26-2012, 06:55 PM   #38  
Chick Losing

Hi Everyone
Hope all is well. I have been in bed sick this weekend with my stomach again. I have not been doing Sensa. I have ate what ever I could stand.
I am afraid my fall challenge is not going so well for me. Its good to see Andi that you are still doing well. I am sure that with the kids gone that you will be back on track. We are leaving for the beach Sept.7th and I know that
when I am at the beach, I relax and worry about nothing. Maybe thats what I need. Oh kay ladies, lets make this week a better one and plan for the up coming holiday. Have a great week.
Izzy
Old 08-28-2012, 12:28 PM   #39  

I am feeling well these days. My weight is down a couple pounds, but it's the same pounds I keep gaining and losing over and over. I am staying below 200 at least, but I am not happy with this weight. I have decided that all I want is for my boobs to stick out further than my belly! LOL Is that too much to ask? At 66, I am not asking for a miracle! I want to be able to zip and button my pants and not be wearing elastics all the time!

I just got the results of my recent blood work. My A1c for diabetes is up a little from what it was but not as bad as I expected it to be without exercising and eating too many carbs. I am on my way to fixing that. My triglycerides are way up too, and once again, carbs and no exercise is the cause there, too. Exercise is important, not just for losing weight.

Andi - You always seem to get right back on track after a setback. That is good. Funny about the Spanish Rice with DBF!

Izzy - I am really concerned about your continuing stomach problems. That just doesn't sound right. Is it pain? or just upset stomach? Have you been back to the doctor? Apparently the antibiotics did not do the trick.

Take care!
Old 08-29-2012, 08:11 AM   #40  

Good morning Girls,

Izzy sorry to hear about your stomach ailments :-( I'm sure you're looking forward to your vacation next weekend as I was - hope you have a fun, relaxing time.

Carol Sue, don't you just hate getting lab results? I don't have diabetes, but my BP gets away from me sometimes and my cholesterol, too. So far I'm on a small med for BP but am avoiding cholesterol drugs as I hear too many bad things about side effects. Funny about the cholesterol, as I don't eat anything fatty or fried - at all.

I've been in a holding pattern weight-wise because of my stress. The water softener went out and they replaced it yesterday and I had them fix my dripping hose bibs outside. It's always something when you're a homeowner. ($$)

Hang in there ladies and eat well - one day at a time!

Andi
Old 09-02-2012, 12:00 PM   #41  

Andi - I am of the belief that high cholesterol is mainly a result of heredity. In fact, I read somewhere that even the medical field is admitting that diet is a very small contributor to high cholesterol. From what I have read, starchy carbs effect cholesterol and triglycerides more than fat does. I am on meds for both cholesterol and triglycerides. I have a record of my results each year from back in 2000, and from looking at these, I don't think meds are the biggest factor. My readings came down somewhat after I started the meds, but dropped drastically when I was exercising regularly, and my exercise is not strenuous. I read up on good and bad cholesterol and read that high intensity exercise stresses the body and stress will raise LDL and lower HDL. It said to walk longer at a lower intensity and it seemed to work for me. Now I understand that someone who is interested in weight loss is going to want to exercise at a higher intensity to burn fat and calories. Although I want to lose weight, I am more interested in improving my health because of my family history. So far, I have outlived both of my parents and I hope to be around a little longer! I also want to be able to get around well and not have to live from a wheel chair or use a walker if I can help it. Weight is becoming less and less of a priority.

My DH will also not take cholesterol meds for the same reason as you, but as far as I know I have had no bad side effects from them.

Izzy, I hope you are feeling better.
Old 09-02-2012, 12:04 PM   #42  

Sometime in the past few days I realized that my tendon pain is gone! It was getting to be less and less, but it would still bother me now and then. I have not had any pain for the past few weeks, at least. I am not even aware of when it stopped, but I'm glad it did. I was concerned because some people said that this side effect never went away for them. Remember, I got this after taking Cipro for an infection. I will never take that or any antibiotic from the same family again!
Old 09-05-2012, 07:56 AM   #43  

Hi Girls,

Carol Sue, I'm so glad your tendon pain is gone. I wish Dr's. would acknowledge some of the side effects reported with the Drugs they prescribe, but they think whatever is approved by the FDA must be good. (wrong!) I've been taking Slo-Niacin and Red Yeast Rice supplements for cholesterol for the last few months but have not gotten new labs since I began so I can't report results, but at least there are no side effects. I'll share results with you when that happens.

I've started to work from home 3 days a week and love it! There is the temptation of having the kitchen and food there all the time, so I'm trying to be careful.

Izzy hope you're doing well - I think you're on vacation now!

Have a great day all!

Andi
Old 09-09-2012, 03:58 PM   #44  

I thing I would have liked working from home, except that DH would have wanted me to do things with him instead of working. LOL When I worked, I spent so much money in the snack machines. Everything is twice the price but I bought it any way. Since I'm retired I hardly eat any snacks because we just don't buy them, but it hasn't made a difference in my weight. Probably being home around the food is making up for the snacks. I didn't eat the snacks because I was hungry, I think it was just because it was so convenient. It seems that if I quit eating one thing I make it up with something else.

Carol
Old 09-16-2012, 05:38 PM   #45  
Chick Losing

Hello everyone
Carol Sue I am glad to hear that you are doing better and that your tendon pain is gone and I know what you mean about snacks. when I am home I find myself snacking often. I think you just get in a habit out of bordem. While working at home is great it does lead to being off track and snacking.

Well, I had to come back from vacation a day early, I have a bad respiratory infection and the doctor put me on antibotics. I am feeling better, put not 100%. When I went to the doctor I was shocked when I stepped on the scales. My weight was up by 6lbs! A real eye opener. I must get back to exercising and eating right. I hate having to battle the weightloss war all the time. I just want to get back to a normal/best weight for me and be healthy.
How do you gain control once you lose it?

Hugs
Izzy