Old 10-22-2012, 12:49 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 185/174/169

Height: 5'8

Hello BFC Chicks!

And Welcome Mom23kids! It sounds like you're on the right path. I tried zevia for awhile (found it in a Marketplace Kroger) but it's a bit too expensive for me, so I just don't drink soda unless it's a mixer with my white wine HAHA.

Carol Sue, I drink a lot of coffee too and I would get jittery. So I buy the half-caff stuff now (Folgers and Kroger brands) and that helps. Lately I've even been diluting the half-caff further with a scoop or 2 of decaf. I really don't miss the extra caffeine and have less jitters - and I can drink more of it.

Izzy, sorry to hear about your injury and hope you heal soon. Sounds like you're doing a great job with your exercise - keep it up - you're inspiring me!

I've been AWOL for a while, busy with some side business (webmaster) and visiting my son at school. I'd like to report a big loss but I'd be lying. :-( I've gained a few pounds back, mostly because I haven't been exercising as much as before, and working from home is not as disciplined as I'd like. I've also been giving in to nighttime cravings, but did much better yesterday. I've realized that I can't just sit and watch TV - the cravings always win, so yesterday I got busy hemming curtains and did just fine. Tonight I plan to install the curtain rods to keep my mind off munchies.

I also did a "walk-run" yesterday which was a first! I walked down my street till I got to a cul-de-sac and would jog around the c-d-s ; then walk again to the next one and repeat the pattern. It worked out well and I was able to do this for about 40 minutes (we have a lot of cul-de-sacs here).

Hope everyone is doing well - enjoy the beautiful weather!

Andi
WebWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 02:21 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Andi - That walk-run sounds like a good idea! They recommend that you do that. I think it's called "wind sprints." It's supposed to boost your metabolism. I didn't do as well this week with my food. I was up a pound, and as of this morning I'm back down, but I don't think I'm going to show a loss this week. I am doing great at staying away from starchy carbs, which is my main problem. If I can keep that up I'll be ok.

Since my husband drinks the coffee too, I would rather just quit drinking it than buy decaffinated. I shouldn't be drinking it anyway because the tannin in the coffee irritates my psoriasis. I was off all caffeine for about a year but after this past surgery I started back on it again for some reason. If it's not one thing, it's something else! LOL These heart palpitations are a different can of worms. My cardiology appointment is on the 31st and we will see what he says about it. It's scary and I don't feel safe exercising. Also, I've noticed that my resting heart rate has been going down into the 40's. I think that's too low.

Izzy - Hope you're feeling better!

Hi Mom23kids! I thought it said "23 kids". Kind of scared me. LOL
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:47 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 170.5/164.5/140

Height: 5'6''

Quote:
Originally Posted by slmn11 View Post
Andi - That walk-run sounds like a good idea! They recommend that you do that. I think it's called "wind sprints." It's supposed to boost your metabolism. I didn't do as well this week with my food. I was up a pound, and as of this morning I'm back down, but I don't think I'm going to show a loss this week. I am doing great at staying away from starchy carbs, which is my main problem. If I can keep that up I'll be ok.

Since my husband drinks the coffee too, I would rather just quit drinking it than buy decaffinated. I shouldn't be drinking it anyway because the tannin in the coffee irritates my psoriasis. I was off all caffeine for about a year but after this past surgery I started back on it again for some reason. If it's not one thing, it's something else! LOL These heart palpitations are a different can of worms. My cardiology appointment is on the 31st and we will see what he says about it. It's scary and I don't feel safe exercising. Also, I've noticed that my resting heart rate has been going down into the 40's. I think that's too low.

Izzy - Hope you're feeling better!

Hi Mom23kids! I thought it said "23 kids". Kind of scared me. LOL
I've had several people on different forums ask me if I really had 23 kids lol. Momto3kids was already taken so I just used the '2' instead of two. I have three kids, ages 4, 6, and 8

Last edited by mom23kids1; 10-22-2012 at 04:48 PM.
mom23kids1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:32 AM   #79  

Well, we're glad to have you here, Mom23kids. When I first started posting here I tried BFC but found it wasn't for me, but I had made friends here so I stuck around. I try to avoid carbs, which is the basic BFC concept.

Kids that age must really keep you jumping! LOL
Old 10-23-2012, 07:19 PM   #80  
Chick Losing

S/C/G: S/C/G 219.6/199.2/172

Height: 5.5"

Hi everyone,
Andi & Carol Sue,
Its great to hear from you. Andi gaining a few pounds back is very troublesome, but I know you will get back on track and drop it soon. I too like your walk run, it should be very effective. Keep it up and those pounds will be gone.
Carol Sue,
I am glad to hear that you will be seeing your doctor soon. Cut back on anything with caffine and be careful.

I myself need to find a balance between exercise and over doing it. It does not take much for my back to go out. But I love walking and feel so great afterwards. I appreciate all your concerns and well wishes.

mom23kids1 how are you today?

Ok ladies have a good week

Izzy

Last edited by BCL216; 10-23-2012 at 07:20 PM.
BCL216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:47 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 185/174/169

Height: 5'8

Good morning BFC chicks,

I'm down 1 1/2 lbs but still have more to go to get to my signature weight (I refuse to raise it! HAHA). I did another walk/jog yesterday but not for the time/distance I did before and felt great afterwards - it was such a nice day and will get up to 79 today here, can you believe it? DBF is coming over later and we'll make big taco salads for dinner. I'll go easy on the taco seasoning, it has way too much salt in it.

I think the reason I gained some pounds was that I was "drifting" off the basic BFC plan - it just takes a little for the carb/sugar cravings to come back. And the place I gained? My belly! I could visibly see the bulge and didn't like it a bit! Back to Basics!

Have a great day!

Andi
WebWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:02 PM   #82  

Andi - The belly bulge should be easy to lose once you get back on track. It's those nasty carbs!

My weight is back down to my ticker weight as of today. Today is weigh-in day, and on weigh-in day I allow myself some foods I don't usually eat. I don't call it cheating anymore, because this is not a diet, but a lifestyle, and I don't intend to give up any foods, just limit them. I allow myself 2 Dove chocolate squares per day....today I had 6. I also had 3 slices of bread....2 multi grain high fiber and 1 regular. Otherwise I stuck to my plan. I am very proud of how I have cut back on bread. That was always one of my main problems. Give me a loaf of home baked bread and a stick of butter and I was in heaven! I could not eat out without eating all the rolls and bread they brought. Now I only eat bread a couple times a week and it's usually my multigrain high fiber bread I keep in the freezer. Potatoes? I cook them for my husband and might eat a forkful, just for a taste. He also eats a lot of noodles, but I pass on them, and although I love rice, he doesn't, so I don't cook it. I like brown rice and it would be a better choice for me, but just for myself, I don't make it. I have a long long way to go on my weight loss and I just hope I can stick to this. I'm taking it day by day. It makes me feel good about myself that I got past week 1.

How are things going with you, Mom 2 3?

Izzy - I understand your back problems. It seems to be one of those things that come with aging, although many young people have it too. It's always best to start out slow with a new exercise program. Ease into it and you'll be fine. I haven't had any palpitations for a week or so and I'm thinking of trying out the treadmill again before my doctor's appointment. I don't want to be telling him I'm having palpitations if they are gone. I will try it out and see if I still get them. I will go easy, and stop right away if I have a problem. I'm very curious as to what he's going to do about it. I hope it's not the hospital!
Old 10-24-2012, 07:47 PM   #83  
Chick Losing

Hello Everyone
Andi way to go, I knew that it would not take you long to get back on track.
Keep up the walking and that little bulge will be gone as well. Dowm 1.5 pounds! Great!

Carol Sue it is great that you too are back down to your ticker weight, I know it is so hard to change your life style and keep it permanent.I hope that your palpitations will all go away and that everything will be great.

I struggle every day and some times I win. But I have a way to go. I have an appointment next week for my yearly physical and I am worried. I know that the doctor will be on me for not losing the weight and my blood pressure, cholestrol and maybe sugar is of great concern. Lord why can't I just do what needs to be done?

Mom23kids1 are you still losing? How is BFC going for you?

Hugs to all
Izzy
Old 10-25-2012, 10:32 AM   #84  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCL216 View Post
I struggle every day and some times I win. But I have a way to go. I have an appointment next week for my yearly physical and I am worried. I know that the doctor will be on me for not losing the weight and my blood pressure, cholestrol and maybe sugar is of great concern. Lord why can't I just do what needs to be done?

Hugs to all
Izzy
Izzy, I know what you mean. It seems that once you have a weight problem it stays with you, and even if you lose, it's almost impossible to keep it off. That is so discouraging. I had heart surgery and still struggle with my heart problems, but it still hasn't scared me enough to do something about it. I did lose some, but when I go to the doctors on the 31st, I am up 12 lbs from when I was there 6 months ago. None of my doctors ever mention my weight, but they see it. Every time I go through another health problem I get determined to change things, but after a while I slack off. This is truly the first time I have stuck with something for a few weeks, at least. Another thing I do....I try to lose weight before a doctor's appointment, but then after the appointment is over I slack off. I can't understand why I do that because my weight is not hurting them at all....it's me who is hurting myself with it.

I hope your doctor visit is good. You have had a couple setbacks recently with your stomach infection and then your back problems. I'm sure that once you get all that straightened out you will get back on track.
Old 10-25-2012, 12:28 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 170.5/164.5/140

Height: 5'6''

I'm still here, just busy this week! I was starting to get worried because I stopped losing weight from Sunday-yesterday, but then this morning I was down 1.5lbs Who knows lol. I am continuing to find hidden sugar, even if healthy foods. I had no idea an egg has a gram of sugar?! So I've been letting a bit of extra sugar in without even realizing it, bleh. Really need to check every single thing I put onto my plate, even if it's healthy!

I was happy to find out that Jenni O turkey breast, the kind you get at the deli counter, has 0 grams of sugar and only 1 gram of carbs per serving. It's on sale for $3.49lb at my local Meijer, so I grabbed some of that to put on my bacon turkey wraps It seems like most pre-packaged lunch meats have some sugar added, so a good find!

Last edited by mom23kids1; 10-25-2012 at 12:30 PM.
mom23kids1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:15 PM   #86  
Chick Losing

Hi all
mom23kids1 Conratulation on the 1.5 pounds gone, you are doing well. Just keep doing what you have been, its working.

Carol Sue, thanks for your concern. I will be all right when I learn to deal with set backs, emotions and stress. Today was just not a good day at all. I let my emotions get the best of me and ate way off BFC.
Carol Sue, you have done well. If I had open heart surgery, I would be scared to do anything. You are brave and smart. The changes you have made will help keep you well and losing. You stay strong and thanks for always being there for me.

Hugs
Izzy
Old 10-29-2012, 09:45 AM   #87  

Izzy - I hope you don't have issues with hurricane Sandy. We are on the tail end of it and are due to get lots of rain and high winds. I am concerned about the trees behind my house and losing power. We have had 2 trees fall during storms in the past but luckily they didn't hit the house. And we do have a generator in case we lose power. We bought the generator 12 years ago and have not had a power outage since! Isn't that something?
Old 10-29-2012, 11:53 AM   #88  
Chick Losing

Hi Carol Sue,
Glad to hear from you and I hope that you will besafe from Sandy as well.
I am central Va. and right now all schools, colleges, etc. closed except private schools. It is raining but just a drizzle for now. It is supposed to be at its worse between 4-10pm tonight. Not much to do here but house work or read, watch Tv. I guess I can catch up on my sleep or clean my closet.
Ok stay safe everyone and I will check with you soon.

GOD BLESS
Izzy
Old 10-30-2012, 12:54 AM   #89  

Default Sugar is poison to me

Hi Ladies,

I have been reading all the forums on the BFC diet and was worried there was not a current one going on. I am so glad I found you tonight I need all the support I can get.

I have been playing games with my hypoglycemia for awhile leaning on my glucose tablets and ate what I want. Well, about a month a half ago I almost died for the second time due to my games. Both times I ate something I knew was bad and would cause me problems and both times could not get to my tablets in time to have them work. The last time was the scariest for my husband because we were in the car and he had to drive me to the ER (the first time 911 was called and ambulance took me) Anyway, after the second time the doctor told me that I am prediabetic and by me playing the game I was playing could and would make my pancreas stop working all together and I would become insulin dependent. It took that to make me get on track with my life. You have to hit rock bottom and I did.

So my doctor told me to keep my sugars to 15 a day and my carbs to 100 so I was looking around and found that this fits right in with the DFC diet. Only my main objective is to stay alive, losing weight is just an added bonus. I have been living this lifestyle since Oct. 6th and have lost 6 lbs. I have about 20 more to lose.

Anyway, what I wanted to write about was that Diet Coke is my everything. I drank about an average of a 12 pack everyday for years. I am cutting way back trying to drink water and decaf tea. Now in order to drink water I have to add Crystal Light which I know is not allowed on BFC but I know me and I know that I need to add the orange flavoring in order to do this important aspect at least til I get further along. So much I have had to change I am giving myself this.

I am doing the best I can and done very well using this way of life (since I can not call it a diet for me)

Any help is very much welcome, other than my husband, no one knows what I have been doing to myself.

Anna
Pinkrose4664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:56 AM   #90  
Chick Losing

Pinkrose4664
We are glad to have you. I understand your problem because I too de with
hypoglycemia. I have notice a change in the way food efffects me. I am afraid that I am diabetic. I will know tomorrow, I have a doctors appointment. I think you will find everyone here to be very supportive and friendly. I am sorry to here about your scares and hope you can get it under control. Try and keep the diet drinks to 1 aday, they are truely not good for you and they increase your appetite. I hope you find this thread to be useful and I am sure you will make friends. Ok have a great day.

Good morning to all from Va. things here are not to bad. We missed the worst of Sandy. Well at least in my area. Its gold and very windy, I hope all
is well.

Hugs
Izzy

Last edited by BCL216; 10-30-2012 at 07:57 AM.