Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 08:49 PM   #136  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Marie - what is the NAME of the series you're reading????????????????????
Old 04-11-2012, 12:17 AM   #137  
Donna

:w oo:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEAR MISSY LYNN.............
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
!!!!

I didn't want to chance missing your birthday on the morrow! Hope it's a lovely and wonderful celebration!!
Old 04-11-2012, 05:08 AM   #138  
Darcy

S/C/G: 170.6/156.6/150

Hi Goldens!

Thanks for the welcome back. :-) Glad to see everyone's Easter weekend was a good one! We stayed home, as it was one of my long work weekends (ended up finishing at 4:30 a.m., after being up all day as well, on both Friday and Saturday, but Sunday managed to finish just before a late Easter dinner Sunday night. I was only 4 reports away so I made the family wait until I was done, because I really wanted the luxury of eating and spending time with hubby and the kids without work hanging over my head. They obliged. :-) The kids were a big help working with me to get dinner prepared - they all enjoy being in the kitchen, and I figure it's setting them up for happy wives in the future. LOL

Freda, glad to know I'm not alone on the vitamin D. What really surprised me about the diagnosis was that I live in San Diego, where we get a lot of sunshine. Granted, I work indoors, but I'm outside for an hour every weekday at noon while working at the school, plus the other times at the park or beach with the kids, so I didn't expect it to be an issue. Weird. Will be interesting to see how much the level improves on my lab work in a couple of months with 50,000 units twice a week (and my copay is a little over a dollar for each gel capsule...wow!).

My stepson brought Noah over for a visit on Friday. Oh my gosh.....so CUTE! He looks like a regular little baby now, all grown out of his preemie stage. For the new members, he was born at 25 weeks last October, weighing 1 lb 14 oz, so he's come a long way! His dad said he weighs close to 13 lbs now, but looking at him and holding him, I have a hard time believing it. He looks more like 9 or 10 lbs to me! He was smiling a lot. My oldest was taking pics, so as soon as I find the cord my son borrowed, I'll transfer them to the computer and pic one or two to share with all of you. He does have retinopathy, but one eye is regressing nicely to a normal state. The other seems stuck where it is and he may require laser surgery down the road, but for now they are just in a watch and wait situation. His hydrocephalus issues seem to be behind him with a shunt that's functioning well. He's really doing remarkably well with very few issues to show for his rough start in life!

I didn't get a chance to tell you before, as I was absent for a bit, but my oldest auditioned for the district's high school honor band and was selected! It's amazing what that group can do. They had one practice of 3 hours to read through all the music and practice a bit, then had 2 weeks to practice on their own, and then had 3 rehearsals the next week of 3 hours each (6-9 pm, after school from 7:15-2:15 and the drive there and back, on school nights, while taking all advance/honors/AP classes -- rough with homework too!), one final rehearsal the next morning after that last nighttime rehearsal from 8-10 and then they performed that night. Unbelievable after 11 hours of true rehearsals over less than a week! The guest conductor was the director of bands for a local state college, which is where my son wants to attend as a music major, so how perfect was that?? They got to perform on the Symphony Hall stage (home to the San Diego Symphony and a gorgeous facility!), and they did so well. I've attached a picture of him in his tux. :-) Anyway.....I'm working on trying to get the DVD posted on Youtube or somewhere (if not that, the tracks from the CD) and if I do I'll send the link to any of you who are interested in listening/watching. He said it was really hard to go back to his high school's band after that. LOL

Took the boys on a nature hike last week while they were out of school to a regional park not too far away, though it feels like a world away. Though it borders populated areas on several sides, while there you can't see roads or houses.....such a great oasis! I'll post some pics once I get them uploaded on my computer.

As a final thought, a little chuckle from my youngest two boys (ages 9 and 11). The 11 year old has written "notes" to Santa and the Easter Bunny for years, which are mostly questions (which of course I'm answering late at night ;-)) and now his little brother is doing the same. As they get older, the questions multiply and tend to get more interesting! My 11 year old said he wanted to see if the Easter Bunny was Democrat or Republican, and when I saw his list of questions there was one that said "Are you going to vote for Romney or Obama?" Too funny! There was also "If you're married, what is your husband's favorite human sport?" (he's really into basketball right now LOL). My favorite of all, though, was "Are you on Facebook? Or Bunnybook?" Love the bunnybook!!

Have a wonderful Wednesday all!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG00507-20120225-1517.jpg (47.0 KB, 11 views)
Old 04-11-2012, 08:52 AM   #139  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Happy Birthday Lynn!
Old 04-11-2012, 08:53 AM   #140  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Happy Birthday Lynn!! Have a GREAT DAY!!!

Darcy, very good looking son! And Congrats on the high school honor band! I'm sure that is very exciting. Be sure to post the link when you get it uploaded we would love to hear him!

Now I'm off to search Facebook for Bunnybook!! LOL!! That is too cute! I wish I had made a book of all the cute things my kids said growing up....now they don't say cute things!! LOL!!

Need to get some stuff done here this morning and then I have a dentist appointment this afternoon! Need to have the other half of my mouth root plained and scaled--- and also find out why the tooth they drilled out and filled "twice" last week is still hurting really bad!! Doesn't make me HAPPY!

I'll catch you all later and hope everyone has a good day!
Old 04-11-2012, 09:10 AM   #141  
Bobbi

Darcy...we'd like to see pictures of Noah too. I remember the picture you posted of him when 1st born, so tiny.
Today I'm going to spend the day organizing my pantry, setting up a budget. Yes, a budget...We've never been on one before and we have to learn to live on our social security. We have always paid off our credit card every month, taking money out of savings to do it. We have to stop doing that as our savings is about gone. So as of today my credit card stays home and my personal check book will be used. We have our dd's Home Depot kitchen remodeling project to deal with and that is putting us in a bind. Geeeeeeeh, I wonder if I should start buying lottery tickets?
Zoe...if you're reading this, I don't want to scare you off from retiring but learning to live on social security is hard. Okay...enough moaning about being broke. A quick question for the Golden Girls, how many of you stock up on groceries when they have a sale? I have a big pantry loaded with stuff I don't even know about, purchased how long ago? Today I'm taking everything out, writing it down and start working at eating it instead of constantly adding to it. What does your pantry look like and how do you keep it rotated and eaten?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1264 (480x640).jpg (23.0 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1265 (480x640).jpg (43.7 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1266 (640x480).jpg (42.8 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by Bobbolink; 04-11-2012 at 09:13 AM.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:24 AM   #142  
Bobbi

Those of you that don't get daily emails from Hungry Girl, I posted 3 of her recipes on the recipe section. Check them out, the Chicken Parm sounds good. I haven't tested them so if you do, gives us a review.
One of them I didn't post, it was a chocolate cake mix and a can of club soda only. Nothing else, anybody tried this yet. I was wondering how it would work with a sugar free cake mix?
Old 04-11-2012, 09:39 AM   #143  

S/C/G: 318/218/160

Height: 5'6"

Hola Friends,

Busy Busy day today. Jonathan's birthday is tomorrow. So that means it's Birthday Celebration WEEK here. We like to have fun.

Party is Saturday at UT Down Under. It is the college recreational facility. They have an xbox 360 room we've rented with 9 large screen tv's. so far we have 15 friends coming. Whoot! It is a Plants vs Zombies theme (he loves the game) I tried to link you to a picture of the invitations we sent out. They're came out cute!

http://s1165.photobucket.com/albums/...athan_2use.jpg

Instead of goody bags, I'm making "goody flower pots" complete with a small terra cotta pot, a sunflower pen and all other items and candy that come from the game. (even candy brains!) Ha!!

As far as weight goes...I am teetering right at a new decade. was 250.1 this am...cannot WAIT to be out of the 250's and into the 240's. I think I'll throw a party for me when I do....seems like I've been in the 250's forever!

Hope you all have a wonderful day. Off to shop 'til I drop (which doesn't take too long these days!)
Old 04-11-2012, 10:31 AM   #144  

S/C/G: 293/Ticker/193

Height: 5 4

Good morning everyone! My Dr apt did not go real well, I had 2 spots removed one from my nose, and one from my back. He was pretty sure 1 of them was cancer. I'm going to be positive about this, take the steps to recover, and live a long life. (please God) I did have some treats last night, ice cream and cc cookies from McDonalds. BUT back on track this am. No calorie count from yesterday, as i can not count that high.

Marie come visit!

LISA

Change4life I UNDERSTAND I UNDERSTAND. Right now im at 280 and would so love 279.9. Heck even 250 works for me.

What i need to do is move more! Its hard at this weight <excuse.

Everyone have an awesome healthy day!

(if i miss a personal, please do not be offended)

debbie
Old 04-11-2012, 11:14 AM   #145  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Have a HAPPY BIRTHDAY LYNN!

Donna, the series is Robyn Carr’s Virgin River series. Romance books that are truly a soap opera. They won’t go down in history as my favorite books but I’m enjoying them while stuck on the couch.

Darcy, I love your son’s question to the Easter bunny. How cool is that? Great imagination. And I’m so glad Noah is doing well.

KarenMO, I hope the dentist appt goes well. Tooth pain is a bad thing.

Bobbi, I don’t have the pantry problem – mine is the freezer problem. At least twice a year, DH and I take everything out of the chest freezer and make a spreadsheet of what is in there and how much. Then for about a month, we eat out of it and mark off what we take out. Then we stop doing that and the thing becomes a great black hole again. So good luck with your pantry and I hope you do better than DH and I with our freezer.

Donna Change, wow that sounds like some birthday party. Have a great time and enjoy the new decade.

Debbie, on the doctor visit. My best friend (and co-worker) is a walking melanoma and hasn’t it her forties yet. She has new cancer taken off every six months. BTW, she’s my body piercing and tattoo mentor. Every 6 months she goes through the depression of new spots, has them removed and about a week later is back to smiling at her “survivor” tattoo that she had on her arm. I know you can handle the diagnosis and do what the doctor says.

Nothing new in my world. DH and I will go to town today for allergy shots and I have work to do. Always have work to do. Someday I should find a job that I don’t have to do on my leave.
Marie
Old 04-11-2012, 12:23 PM   #146  
Donna

Quick drive by on this the birth day of our Miss Lynn...........

Bobbi - I'll be interested to hear your experience with the cake/club soda. I tried it, and it was the most disgusting blob of, well, BLOB ever... totally inedible. Obviously, I did something wrong!

I love your pantry; however, I'd have mine stuffed, if I had one like that. My cupboards look like that. I need to get the forklift in for that... and just start over.

And good luck with the budget. It was a rude awakening for me, too, when the bail business was destroyed, and I had to live on social security that didn't even cover the mortgage. If I didn't have this part time job, I'd be cooked. Things have definitely changed! For one thing, the savings account is pretty well shot, since I had to fill in every month until I found this job. Life wasn't supposed to turn out this way! I'm constantly surprised.

CK - hope the dentist goes well and that your owie gets fixed!

Marie - you're feeling better, I hope? How are the furbabies (all 5 of them?)?

Darcy - I'd love to see pictures of Noah, too... and I love your little 11 year old's picture. He looks SO SWEET! I love little boys!

Gotta run.... hope you're all okay! Later, lovelies!

Last edited by jess1; 04-11-2012 at 12:25 PM.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:46 PM   #147  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hmmm - I thought for sure I posted earlier, but it is not here????????????

I guess I'm getting old. Thank you for the birthday wishes.

My DD & SIL are coming to pick me up & take me to lunch.

Have a great day.

Lynn
Old 04-11-2012, 01:20 PM   #148  

Morning everyone. its sunny and beautiful this am. i tried to get into 3fc last night and couldnt. Lynn happy birthday hope you have agreat day. we have to run errands today, in other words its "POOF" day. i second Bobbies woes about living on ss, its tuff. my dh has champaigne taste and beer pocket book. and he actually pouts when he cant have what he wants. I'll be back later gators rosey

yesterdays menu

breakfast
greek yogurt

lunch
tomatoe cuke salad

snack
coffee mocha
small handful of good and plentys

dinner
1 c ham and corn chowder
1/2 slice toast
1/2 c cantalope
Old 04-11-2012, 01:32 PM   #149  
Bobbi

I'm taking a lunch break.... the budget will have to wait for another day. But I am pumped about my pantry. You know how you start a small project and that turns into another and another? I brought home all DD's leftover flooring and planned to reline the pantry with it. I'm taking the time to do that now before I put everything back in.
Marie...that's what I have printed out, spread sheets of everything the pantry holds or they will be after I fill them in. I looked online for some printable pantry inventory sheets and spotted many. First one I downloaded was from some jerk that tried to infect my cp. Thankfully Norton caught it but it made me leary of them, found one from a mom who was good at organizing and I printed hers out.
We decided not to buy any groceries except the bare necessities, fresh produce, milk, bread, etc. A couple of years ago someone posted on fat chicks (not the 50+) about her pantry and how she was going to use and cross off everything until she was cleaned out. I joined the thread but soon got tired of using up old stuff but I'm ready to try again. I can't find the thread, probably doesn't exist anymore. Marie, Donna, anyone interested in posting what you used up? I'm talking about old foods, things that's been in the pantry/cubboards/freezer. For supper I'm using up a very old can of Campbell's cheddar cheese soup, some frozen whole milk, hot sauce and I added 16oz. of thawed butternut squash. I tasted it and pretty good. For a protein I tried to pawn off some smoked oysters or sardines, DH said no thanks on the canned protein. I'm not fond of them either, so why did I buy them. Probably on sale and I'm a sucker for sales.
Back to the grind.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:37 PM   #150  
Bobbi

Rosey...you posted the same time, are we married to the same guy? One of the reasons we went through our savings so quickly is because of DH's expensive hunting trips. We did pay off the house and his new jeep but a great deal went on hunting trips. I finally put my foot down last year and said no more. Champaigne taste and kool-aid budget. DH didn't pout, he just got real quiet and didn't say anything for days. He still trys to talk me into one last hunt. Geeeeeeeeeez, where's the money coming from. He did start selling off some of his guns and I told him when the 32' chevy is finished, we're selling it.
Quote:
i second Bobbies woes about living on ss, its tuff. my dh has champaigne taste and beer pocket book. and he actually pouts when he cant have what he wants.
Closed Thread