Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 09:22 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Just a quick post---- Tim's Dad just passed and we are waiting to hear what kind arrangements are going to be made.. He may have to go and me stay.. bummer.... update later
Old 03-08-2012, 09:31 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Karen, I am so sorry to hear that.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:39 PM   #153  

It's been a tiring day! Nothing like company coming to get me moving! I spent quite a while grocery shopping, then came home, to clean. Finally got into the family room...been wanting to clean that room for quite a while but dh is in it so often and then when I get a chance I'm doing something else or too tired. So got it clean and it was pretty dirty and I also cleaned the living room which is not too bad except for fireplace mess. We are having leftovers tonight as I'm tired. We normally go to church on Thurs night but think I may skip as I have a few more things I want to do. Want to experiment with baking a cake from stratch....haven't done that for a long time and may even change my mind, but I did buy the ingredients. I never was a great baker so it truly will be an experiment.

Retiredone - I do the walking but all the posting and taking pics just seems too time consuming. I hardly can find time to post as it is. But I'll think about it. I do think it's a good idea. The fig newtons sound good...I love them. But I'd probably gobble them all down if I made them...that is my problem..this afternoon I came home tired and immediately wanted a mocha...which is fine, but before I knew it I'm on my second one! So then I just called it dinner. It had milk and pb in it...so I'll just eat vegetables in a little bit to complete my "meal." Our grandaughter had a Curious George party on her 2nd birthday and our dd got one of those cakes. I don't want to know what she paid for it.

Luc13 - So glad your dh has survived three times...that's amazing. I hope he continues to be healthy. Guess the weather is taking turns around the country...it was in the 60s today and just beautiful! I got very warm when I started cleaning house.

Ciecie - Think I missed when you joined us, but WELCOME!!

Lucinda - Glad you can be there for your dd and hope she recovers soon. I find I have to just be thinking, thinking, thinking all the time about food in order to stay on track and the more other things that are happening in my life, the more I have to do this. I hate it but that's the way it is.

Rosey - So glad you got the sun too! Umm...strawberry shortcake sounds great. You are a good dil too!

Slmn - I haven't had any laparoscopies but my sister had the full-blown hernia surgery (just like me) and she had the gas thing up in her shoulder post surg. so assume that was what you are talking about but maybe not. Whereas I had the gas from my paraesophageal hiatal hernia (we both had the same kind) BEFORE surgery. I had some afterwards, just remembered that,...but more before. Before my surgery they showed me the X-ray and there was this huge cloudy image which I couldn't really tell but the surgeon said he thought it was my stomach up in my chest and that the condition was creating a great deal of gas. When they got in they found not only my stomach but also my intestines and it was a difficult surgery both for the doctors and me. I now have another one. I have already had one surgeon tell me that it will be another big surgery so I'm putting it off as long as possible. They ripped my lung and re-collapsed it last time (it was already collapsed from the intestines being up there), and with my sister they sniped her spleen and had to remove it. So she's decided to wait until/if she really has to have it done too. My dad died with a huge hernia (at 88) so I figure maybe I can last with mine too.

Autodidact - Welcome to our forum! It's a good group!

Well amazingly I've posted twice today! Just sitting here resting so thought I might as well, but now I need to get busy again. Have a good evening!

Last edited by maryea; 03-08-2012 at 09:43 PM.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:15 PM   #154  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

My condolences KarenMo, was Tim's dad sick for awhile or was this sudden? So sorry, give him a hug from the golden girls.
Mary...you are ambitious, I can't remember the last time I made a scratch cake. We don't usually eat cake but I have been buying the sugarless cake mixes that have recently come on the market, pretty good too.

Quote:
Want to experiment with baking a cake from stratch....haven't done that for a long time and may even change my mind, but I did buy the ingredients. I never was a great baker so it truly will be an experiment.
Marie...thanks for playing scrabble with me. I just started playing it so not sure how we know when it's our turn unless we just click into it. Maybe I can just say ur turn on facebook.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:20 PM   #155  

He has been failing for about the last year. He was 94 years old so we knew it was just a matter of time.. pretty mixed up around here tonight. Will give him hugs from you.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:32 PM   #156  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Good Evening Lovelies.

I had a busy day yesterday and didn’t make it here until last night and my darn internet was on the blink. Still out this morning but I was able to get on tonight. Yay!

I am a dork, slipped on the ice Tuesday, hurt my knee but just thought nothing of it. Today I had to go to the dr. Probably strained ligaments and partially torn quad. What is the matter with me???? Grrr. Anyway, I am going to join the walking trip. I love the idea that minutes = miles so even my weight lifting will count.

Marie, you are at the top of my list. I am so glad to hear that you are at home with the pack. That darn gas stuff will pass (oops, unintended pun but I will leave it. Every day will find you feeling better!

Karenfl, as always…. You have me giggling. Tao is a giant: 6’3+, about 280lbs, with massive muscles. He is from American Samoa. I have a soft spot for all the pacific islanders who work for me. They have a wonderful spirit. Believe it or not, I have never watched Biggest Loser. I know that makes me terrible!

Gayle, I think that tomorrow is your last day of work this week. Are you enjoying the time with your company? I hope you join us in the exercise. Not a competition, just time to enjoy the journey.

Karen31, I am so happy for you about the house and so sad about Tim’s dad. You have a lot to deal with right now.

Auto, this is a terrific group. Welcome!

Annie, scary about the tree limb. I have 100+ year old trees around my house and sometimes it is scary when the wind blows.

Donna, so nice to you have you on task with keeping track of things. You did such a good job of looking out for Marie. Sometimes I think that those of us with any background in criminal justice make really good “mothers” to those around us.

Carol, Yay on losing 2 pounds! I sure wish I could join you. Hopefully soon!

Bobbi, I love wordswithfriends. Right now, I have about 9 games going with various people. Like your dd, I only play about one time per day. Since I don’t play on a smart phone, it has to wait until I am home. It sure is fun, though.

Zoe, well, May will be a good time to leave work. You know how much you love the sun and early summer will be calling to you. The bright light of the sun coming off the lake will be there to ease your transition and you will be motivated to spend time in your beach chair. I am totally in for a weekend somewhere!

Mary, as you say, the odds of winning go up with how much you play. What kind of fishing is Joe doing? I love to fish.

Rosey, nice that Steve had some guy time. What kind of crafts have you been doing lately?

Hi Ciecie!

Luc, my dad is chomping at the bit to get out and plant. Even though he knows that it is too early and everything is likely to freeze. For years he has prided himself on being the first one to plant. Farmers……

Isabella, I loved the idea of the fig newtons. They kind of remind me of Grandma’s date stuffed cookies. They were so worth the effort.

Freda, rocking is universal for comfort. I even teach it to kids who have been traumatized. There is a reason that we rock babies.

Lynn, thanks for organizing the walk. I don’t know if I will manage pictures but I promise descriptions as I head on my way.

I know that I am missing people. Sorry. I am anxious to get back to my book. I read the “Hunger Games” books one and two and the third book came from amazon today. I am devouring them. Of course, one needs to be something of a sci fi fan to enjoy them.
See you all tomorrow
Rie
Old 03-08-2012, 10:41 PM   #157  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Karen...So sorry to hear about your DFIL. You and Tim are in my prayers. k3
Old 03-08-2012, 10:53 PM   #158  
ALASKA

S/C/G: 254/239/195

Height: 5'10

Karen31 thinking of you and your family tonight. Its never easy to lose a loved one.

Ive been off for awhile wasnt feeling so great. Go in for a CT scan tomorrow and see how the spinal fusion is doing. 5 months post op. Had some unusual pain lately. staying positive tho~ its still better than it was.

Had beautiful sunshine here for 3 days now.Wow the most ive seen in 6 months ! loving it so much.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:08 PM   #159  

Hi everyone.Karen31 im so sry for you and Tim.its never easy loosing a loved one esp a parent.my dad passed many yrs ago but when my mom died i was so sad. i missed her terribly,and also realized i wasnt someones child anymore. sending hugs for you both. i enjoyed my day and so did steve. im quilting these days and finished the top for the baby quilt i was making. i'll post pics if i can refigure dh computer. it will be awhile befor i can afford a new laptop fixed incomes cause poof day more frequently and have to budget extra things. Bobby when i get my lap top id love to play scabble with you. hoping you have a peaceful evening rosey

breakfast
coffee
greek yogurt

lunch
same salad as yesterday

snack
coffee mocha
1/2 cup granola with dried cranberries

dinner
moose stew without the potatoes 1 cup

snack
iced tea
1 slice cheddar cheese
1/2 cup grapes and fresh strawberries
Old 03-08-2012, 11:27 PM   #160  

Yes Rosey, I know what you mean. I lost my Mom about 12 years ago and my Dad 3 years ago in July. It really hit me hard when I realized I was an orphan.. Tim's Mom passed away about 12 years ago and now he will have to face that same fact...I won't bring it up though.. just kind of makes you sad and empty inside.. Better days ahead...
Old 03-09-2012, 08:07 AM   #161  

S/C/G: 275/230/185

Height: 5 feet, 11 inches

Good morning ladies. I won't have time to catch up on the posts of the past couple of days until later tonight or Saturday, but I wanted to wish everyone a lovely Friday.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:31 AM   #162  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Lovely Ladies,

Nothing much going on here. It's COLD, and we got a little snow last night. Just enough to cover the ground. I had to go buy tickets yesterday for Disney On Ice, for my DGD and a friend.

Karen, sorry to hear about Tim's dad.

Rosey, I'd love to see your quilt. I plan on making lots of quilts when I retire.

Marie, I'm glad you're feeling better. Should continue, getting better every day. Take it easy and use this as an excuse to get spoiled a bit.

Lady, Hope everything goes well with the checkup.

Rie, you can still walk ok with your knee hurt? Be careful... I ordered the hunger games. I'm looking forward to reading them. I'm a fan of anything a little weird. My favorite TV show is "walking Dead". That should give you a clue as to how weird I am!

Mary, the only scratch cakes I make are carrot and pound cake. Easy recipes, but really good. the rest are kind of doctored up cake mixes, which are really good too. I don't bother makeing from scratch, when Betty Crocker makes them just as good.

Isabella. I love fig neutons, and they are actually healthy, so I get them pretty often. I've never made them, but I'm supposing they would be like the Christmas filled cookies I make. too much trouble. I'm just a simple cook, and if it's too hard I don't do it!

HI Jess

Lynn, I am walking on the treadmill almost every day, I'll have to look in to the walking posts.

Bobbi, I always take sugarless cake mixes to my sister, when I go to KY. They don't have them where she lives.

Donna, Thank you for helping us keep tract of Marie. There is always one organizer in the group and I guess "tag" you're it. And we appreciate it.

Freda
Old 03-09-2012, 09:22 AM   #163  
Bobbi

Good Morning!
Rie...I think your dad and my DH are kindred spirits when it comes to planting early. DH plants 'stuff' early too. We've never lost anything to frost that I can remember anyway. Sorry about the slip, glad you're going to join the exercise group. I have my pedometer on this morning, have already walked 548 steps. (weight lifting or any exercise can be added up to miles.) 9 wordswithfriends going on? Wow, where do you find the time?
Mary...
Quote:
I do the walking but all the posting and taking pics just seems too time consuming. I hardly can find time to post as it is. But I'll think about it. I do think it's a good idea.
Anyone who wants to join do not have to post pictures if you don't want to, just post your miles. The little history lessons are just a bonus to those who like taking vacation in their mind like me. Now Lynn on the other hand actually travels.
Rosie...That would be great if you could join me in the facebook scrabble game. I love it because there's no pressure or timer, just play when you have a minute or so.
Freda...I'm with you on baking cakes with mixes. Have you tried the spice cake mixes with applesauce instead of oil? Very good, I also put in some thawed apples from our orchard with apple pie spice mix. I purchased some fig newtons a couple of months ago, brought back fond memories. Mom always had them on hand when we were kids. Unfortunately I have to look at the calories now. My MIL used to make date filled cookies that were to die for, who mentioned those? Rie maybe, I'll have to go back and look.
What do you all think of the 'pink slime' in the news? Diane Sawyer reported on it last night. A couple of weeks ago I was reading the book called, "Toxic". It was about tainted hamburger and some of the icky stuck in it. We have ground wild game most of the time so I don't worry about it. But our ground up game is almost gone, we had too many roast made. Yesterday I purchased a whole chuck roast and today I'm going to grind it up for hamburger tonight. We have a large meat grinder and I'll put it to use. I'll probably grind up some of our antelope and venison roast for future use. They said last night on the news, buy organic ground beef to be assured of no pink slime.
I need to get a sandwich made for DH to take to DD's house. The counter tops and sink will be installed today by yours truly, Home Depot. He's got to go unlock the door and wait for them.
Later Gators!

Old 03-09-2012, 10:07 AM   #164  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Very quick good morning to you all.... I have to get ready for work soon, but I seem to need to check 3FC and FB before I can get rolling! Gawd.

Bobbi - I use cake mixes all the time, too, but I never put in the oil. I use the eggs and water they recommend, but no oil or anything else. They taste just fine, are of good consistency, and my big ol' butt certainly doesn't miss the oil!

Later, Lovelies!
Old 03-09-2012, 10:43 AM   #165  
Bobbi

P.I'm surprised the cake isn't flaky dry with out the oil or applesauce. I've no excuse not to use the applesauce since I have tons of it frozen each year.
Quote:
I use cake mixes all the time, too, but I never put in the oil. I use the eggs and water they recommend, but no oil or anything else. They taste just fine, are of good consistency, and my big ol' butt certainly doesn't miss the oil!
I didn't take time to wish everyone a good day, especially you that are healing from past surgeries...Carol Sue, Marie, now my minds a blank...who else? I've got meat grinding on my mind, gotta go.
P.S. Marie...ur turn

Last edited by Bobbolink; 03-09-2012 at 10:55 AM.
Closed Thread