Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 12:15 PM   #76  

Height: 5'3"

Another drop in weight today!! I was 150.8!!! Since my current goal has been 150 I'm so thrilled! I really never thought I'd ever see 150 again! Just hope it holds (or goes down!). When I see it dropping it makes me motivated to stay OP!! Hope you all have a great OP day!!

My meals today:
breakfast - 1/2 bottle Slim-Fast with added fiber
am snack/lunch - veg beef soup with added fiber. Was thinking how these days I eat almost the same thing every day. I never used to do that, usually love lots of variety! But I think eating the same thing is perhaps helpful to dieting.
lunch/pm snack - 1/2 bottle Slim-Fast with added fiber
pm snack - MF Cheese Pizza Bites (don't like them but would be better with diet Pepsi), 3 cashews and 1 T pb PLUS 1 fun-size Snickers!
dinner - Open-faced tuna sandwich and salad
evening snack - MF Dutch Chocolate Shake with added flavorings..sf coconut and almond, and 3 cashews
Total calories 1292, carb grams 135.8, a little high on fat for obvious reasons. I ate stuff today I haven't eaten in about 7+ weeks at least!

Last edited by maryea; 11-05-2011 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Correction
Old 11-04-2011, 10:52 PM   #77  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Mary, I'm so proud of you. You are doing great even though you're having a difficult time these days. Just goes to show how strong you are. I'd be emotional eating like a banshee.

I have been so so today on the eating. Not bad, not great. I'm ok with that. I'd say I was still in deficit mode calorie wise, just not as much as I'd like.
Marie
Old 11-05-2011, 12:20 AM   #78  

Marie, I'm actually amazed too that I haven't had an issue with cravings/emotional eating but I really haven't...not yet anyway. I think the mini-meals just keep me too full plus I honestly mostly have peace about our situation. At times I do feel angry and sad that we are in this situation that never needed to happen, but at the same time, I am basically resigned to the situation (for now) and resolved to doing whatever we can do to get out of it and I'm sure we will even if it takes a while.

As you can see, I'm branching out just a bit from the MF plan, but I am being careful. As long as I can keep my calories below 1400 I know I can lose and I actually think it's better for my skin to slow down a bit. But I don't want to get carried away and start gaining some back.
Old 11-05-2011, 12:15 PM   #79  

I can't believe this!! The scale said 149.8#! So I guess I'll drop my calorie limit to 1300 now. It has only been occasionally that I eat that much anyway these days.

Breakfast - 1/2 bottle Slim-Fast with added fiber
am snack/lunch - was almost out of my usual veg beef soup so mixed it with tomato soup. Still pretty good.
lunch/pm snack - my mocha frappe
pm snack/dinner - barbecued chicken, lightly fried potato in a little Smart Balance, salad and green beans. First time for potato in over 7 weeks! And potato is one of my great loves!! Wouldn't have had it tonight except it was leftover from a meal when I'd made it for dh only and he didn't eat much. Didn't want to waste it. ;-) Unfortunately he really wanted rice so wasn't a happy camper.
dinner/snack - Slim-fast with added fiber, 3 cashews.
eve snack - 5 crackers with 1 t. Smart Balance, MF Dutch Chocolate Shake with sf coconut and almond syrup flavoring.
1302 calories and 142.5 carbs. Barely made it but ok.

Last edited by maryea; 11-06-2011 at 12:07 AM.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:41 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Height: 5'6"

Congrats on the weight loss Maryea! You really know how to keep those calories down. Your menus sound pretty tasty too.

Congrats to you also Marie. Way to go staying on plan.

Okay, I need to take a clue from you two and Stay On Plan. I am in a "on a day, off a day" kind of place which is not very good for weight loss but at least keeps my head in the game. Lately I have not been able to say no to all the good stuff I want to eat so I am thinking I need to try portion control and/or intermittent fasting to try to keep the total calories in check. I hope I am not just kidding myself here. Plus I still need to try to add more exercise. I was at the Y yesterday for two hours of fitness classes. I am so sore today! Today will be another challenging day. My neighbor gave me a banana bread yesterday plus my son and his girlfriend are coming over tonight for dinner. I love all this stuff but it makes me fat!
Old 11-06-2011, 10:21 AM   #81  
Lifelong Journey Member

Hi Tera and Mary, things are going well here. I'm glad I stopped in this morning before I decided to let my eating go astray. I spent the day with my DIL yesterday and my eating wasn't great. It wasn't in the good category BUT it wasn't in the bad category so I'm so-so please with myself. Going out to eat, then having company for dinner isn't conducive to perfection. But breakfast and dinner were normal to low calorie range for my normal meals. Lunch at Red Robin wasn't. The entree was a good and wise choice but their steak fries are so tasty and I ate them. So it was a so-so food day. Reading here will keep me in a better frame for today. So thank you.

Mary, you're amazing and I'm proud we are friends. You are a strong, caring woman.

Tera, when I lost my weight, I did it with total portion control. I made a pledge to myself that I'd only eat food I totally enjoy. If it isn't satisfying, it doesn't get eaten, that it's better off in the garbage. Small portions and being particular were my success. Looks like you're heading that direction as well.
Marie
Old 11-06-2011, 08:33 PM   #82  

Tera I think dieting is at least 80-90% in the mind. I have always done just as you describe on and off. Medifast really helped me because it was so easy and so filling. I knew exactly what I could eat and didn't even have to track anything but I did. I'm not doing it exactly their way now but I keep what I learned in mind. But because of my past I am afraid all the time about my eating......I fear that any day now I'll get totally off plan! I fear gaining it back. I fear getting to that dreaded plateau...I'm a mess, LOL, but all these fears and the fact that all the protein and fiber keeps me full is what's keeping me OP. I guess I got to a point where I just really don't want to go back to where I was. I hope it lasts. I don't keep more than 1-2 servings of any goodies in the house. I eat frequently and try to keep my calories to about 100 except for my Lean & Green meal. That is usually around 300-400, although I prefer to stick closer to 300. I'm a snacker so the mini-meal idea works great for me. I think I have been having too many snacks in the evening though as my bs was high this morning, although nothing like it used to be and other than that it's been great.

Marie - Thanks for the kind words. My weight was back up a little this am but it flucuates a lot and tonight (5:30) it's the same as it was this am! Since I usually gain a few pounds throughout the day, I'm taking that as a good sign. I weigh before dinner and it's been fun to see it come down a little each day although it goes up again before bed.

Today's meals:
breakfast - MF chocolate chip pancakes with 2/3 t. Smart Balance and 1 T sf syrup
lunch - ground beef patty (no bun), with salad and green beans. The hamburger had a little catsup and onion soup mix in it so a little higher on calories and sodium than usual.
pm snack - 1/2 bottle Slim-Fast with added fiber
Dinner - Slim-Fast with added fiber, drank whole bottle since I'm going to church and won't be eating for a while.

ETA: I stopped tracking...it was a bad eating day! After the meeting tonight they served snacks and oh, my such goodies! I only had one but it was very sweet and rich...and that kind of eating often sets me up for bingeing....sure enough when I got home I ate a bunch of crackers topped with Smart Balance tonight. My weight is amazingly low tonight but I can't believe I won't gain...the sodium alone and my poor bs! I hope I do better tomorrow..

Last edited by maryea; 11-07-2011 at 12:59 AM.
Old 11-07-2011, 02:10 AM   #83  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Hello All!

Sorry, I got away from here after I was sick. I just got away from it. I have been lurking here recently but just not posting.

I feel a little weird because I am following a plan that seems so different from you guys. You are all doing these real low calorie limits and I am eating around 1600 calories per day. However, I am tracking everything and trying to stay closely on plan. Can I rejoin you on this day to day report?

Rie
Old 11-07-2011, 05:27 PM   #84  

Rie - Sure you can rejoin us! Love to have you. As far as calories, whatever works for you is what you should do. I've always heard to figure out where you want to end up and add a 0 to that number. I'm thinking (not sure) I want to be about 130 but I've just gradually been lowering every ten pounds I lose. Since for one day I was in the 140s (barely) I am trying now to not go over 1300. But I sure did yesterday big time!

Today I got back to the gym and got a great workout. Felt so good! And so far I am OP. I was very disgusted with myself last night. It all tasted good but it feels silly to set myself back by overeating. I don't really mind if I eat 1400-1500 some days, might even be better for my metabolism but I'm sure I went way over that. So really determined to do better today.

ETA: Ended the day still OP but barely. For some reason crackers are really drawing me and I may have gotten too much sodium. At least I stayed away from the pb and nuts today.

Last edited by maryea; 11-08-2011 at 01:10 AM.
Old 11-08-2011, 08:10 AM   #85  

S/C/G: 185/174/169

Height: 5'8

Hi all,

Mary, I have problems with sodium, too. Even when eating well, which I did yesterday, the seasonings usually consist of salt plus other spices and I see it on the scale the next morning :-(. I'm determined to break out of my stall (not horse stall) so maybe if I use this thread it will help. Have a good day!

Yesterday: Breakfast: Hard boiled egg (no salt), coffee
Lunch: Large garden salad w/Ranch dressing; 4 oz broiled salmon
Dinner: 3 oz baked tilapia, 1/2 c brown rice, 3/4 c cooked spinach
Old 11-08-2011, 12:20 PM   #86  
Lifelong Journey Member

Rie, of course you are always welcome! I have given up my veges/fruit free idea and went back to calories. My goal is 1500-1600 cals so you're not weird.

Mary, I have confidence you'll be back on track and that the dessert binge won't hurt long range. And crackers have been a draw for me lately and up until the last year, I didn't even like them. Perhaps its El Nino weather doing it.

WebW, you made me laugh with the horse stall comment. If we're stalled that means not gaining.

I know we'd all prefer losing but not gaining is a big goal for me. And slow loss is fine with me too. I've done the diet route and can lose weight. That's not my issue. Keeping it off is my problem so I'm going to reduce slowly to get back down about 15 pounds. I'm not in a hurry so that's why my goal is not to gain. I know my warped little brain and if I log, I will lose. I just am not going to be really restrictive. I never thought I'd be in size 8-10 jeans for two years so I need to stop looking at myself like I failed for regaining 15 pounds.

Anyway, the last couple days have still been ok. The fruit season isn't in its glory and I was still trying for the WW free fruit/vege idea with counting calories. I'm getting tired of apples and I'm allergic to most of the other fruits in season at the moment. So that's why I stopped that idea and just raised my cals. I'm making healthy choices although Mary has me dreaming of crackers... Just kidding Mary. I'm actually dreaming of chocolate. I always dream in dark chocolate brown.
Marie
Old 11-08-2011, 01:01 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Height: 5'6"

Hi Everyone,

Still hanging in there. Still basically the same weight. Glad I have not gained anything since there have been some high calorie days lately. Yesterday was On Plan and I am doing well so far today. I have at least one Y class tonight and probably will stay for two since there is nothing I care to watch on TV. This weekend I am going with my husband and two other couples for a weekend get-a-way in the mountains. Luckily there is a kitchen so my food does not have to be bad but on the other hand there is a kitchen and it is a get away. What's a get a way without delicious food. It's obvious why I am not losing weight, isn't it! Oh well, I think I will be good during the week, bank some calories for the weekend and be happy with not gaining.

Rie-Glad to hear you are feeling better and are joining us again. I would love, love, love to manage to stay under 1600 calories. Some days I actually do but..... Anyway,lets go for it!

maryea-Good for you getting in the gym time. I am a huge fan of exercise. It is so rewarding in so many ways. I find it only minimally helpful for weight loss but beneficial for maintaining weight loss plus just all around feeling my best.

Webwoman-that is a seriously healthy menu. WooHoo. I see weight loss in your future.

Marie-I hear you on the fifteen pounds. It would be so lovely to lose them. On the other hand, I still feel pretty good about the size ten jeans. Keep on keepin on.
Old 11-08-2011, 04:53 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Hello Challenge friends!

Here was my day yesterday:

70 minutes walking aerobics
Breakfast: small apple with 1tbs peanut butter, 1 oz cream cheese
Lunch: 1/3c diced chicken salad with yogurt, green salad, 1/2 banana
Supper: sole fillet,green salad, 1/2c corn, 1/2c water chestnuts
snack at pool: 150 cal protein bar, 10 oz wine
nightime snack: dannon yogurt (80) and 3 cups popcorn.
64 oz water.

All in all, not a bad day but seriously under calories and I think that was why I ate the popcorn, even though I didn't want to....

Terapet, not gaining is winning!

Marie, I LOVE apples and can contentedly eat them every day. But, as ds will tell you, I a weird because I am perfectly content eating the same thing every day!

Webwoman, Tee Hee, Horse stall..... Good job but that looks like very few calories!

Mary, hang in there. You are doing great!

See you tomorrow.
Rie
Old 11-08-2011, 11:05 PM   #89  
Lifelong Journey Member

Tera, I think your idea of banking calories will help for this weekend. Try to stay semi in control and you'll be fine. You do make me chuckle with your "It's obvious why I am not losing weight, isn't it!"

Rie, I was reading your menu and was wondering how you got 1600 cals. I was relieved when you said you were way low because I was thinking my gray matter forgot how math. And I do eat an apple every day. It's the other fruits/veges that aren't in season. I could easily be a fruitatarian if I wasn't allergic to some of my favorites.

I ate healthy today but didn't log anything. Roughing it out in my head, I'd say I was 100 cals over. Thankfully I exercised twice. And Rie, I'm not doing weights again so I need you to do some for me. I've covered the aerobics.
Marie
Old 11-09-2011, 03:11 AM   #90  

I thought I'd already posted today. Now about to go to bed. I've been so tired all day that I haven't felt like posting much. I did stay OP as far as calories and carbs, could have been a bit healthier, wish I could get off this cracker kick! But I forgot to eat my last mini-meal tonight...haven't been hungry at all so guess I did something right. My weights been a littler higher lately so I hope it's down tomorrow. Don't do the gym on Tuesday but did do a little weight lifting tonight.

Rie seems like you eat a lot like I normally do except I have a bad history of snacking too much. When I go back to more regular food I'm going to have to make sure I get enough protein and fiber so I don't do that. It's whats working for me right now.
Closed Thread