Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 11:30 PM   #16  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Annie and Mary, welcome to the challenge friends. You're both doing wonderful. Annie I understand the start of school problem and too busy to pay attention. I love the hard trot home. I betcha that was great for your heart. Mary, you are cruising on your MF diet. I'm so happy for you that you found something perfect for you. Val, your soup sounds mouth watering. Really excellent. If you could shoot some through the internet, I'd love some. I like your swap, especially as winter approaches.

I was angel girl on play yesterday, a little below cals. Today was a different. No atta girl for me. Helping my DGS's mom move and having DGS this evening wasn't a help. To be honest, while DGS has been here, I've been doing my plan. It was the pizza lunch during the moving. I do know I was moving a lot so I have dreams I burned the extra cals. Not counting on it. I did elliptical and walk 1.5 miles this morning so that was good.
Marie
Old 10-09-2011, 08:16 PM   #17  

Height: 5'3"

OP today. It's really pretty hard to get OFF plan with this diet! LOL That's why it is so perfect for me, Marie! Meals so far today:
Breakfast - chocolate chip pancakes
am snack - chocolate crunch bar (ate it quickly in church!)
lunch - 2 veggie patties (no bun), 1 cup steamed zucchini and 1/2 cup steamed broccoli
pm snack - my version of a MF moca frappuccino

See what I mean...THIS is a diet?!!!
Old 10-09-2011, 10:13 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Hi all,

I was on plan today with activity and food. Admittedly, a little high in calories but carb controlled. Ds had a friend over and we barbqued some steaks.

I want to do a heavy workout tomorrow morning.

Good job everyone staying on plan

Rie
Old 10-10-2011, 12:53 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Height: 5'6"

I would love to join you gals. I want to lose 10 pounds "as soon as possible" which so far this year has been not happening. I actually lost five during June and July but they were back after August. So back to square one

This weekend I was visiting my daughter in Florida and ran across 1/2 size bottles of Kendall Jackson Chardonnay. So cool! Alcohol is one of my trip ups. I don't want to give it up entirely which is what I do with most foods I have trouble controlling. This smaller bottle though could be very helpful. No extra wine sitting in the fridge calling my name after work!

My goal today is no alcohol and no bread tonight.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:25 PM   #20  
Lifelong Journey Member

Terapet, welcome and great find on the small wine bottles. Anything that helps us control portions!!!!

Mary, I still see that chocolate thread in your posts. We share that love.

Rie, oh steaks sound good. We get lousy beef here in Southern Oregon but I bet yours was amazing.

I've been not great with lots of changes in my schedule. BUT... I've been pretty good. Did I lose weight? Probably not but I wouldn't have gained either. Today my life is more in the normal range and I'm on plan. It is so helpful when life throws me a curve in the eating goals to get back on track quickly. That's where me aim is. Not getting ran over by the wagon as it rolls away.
Marie
Old 10-11-2011, 08:48 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Hello All

On plan yesterday and so far, today. A very early meeting prevented me from getting in a workout, but I will just count it as a rest day. I ate too little yesterday and I was really hungry last night but didn't get out of hand.

Tet, cool on the little wine bottles. I like white Zin and I am not picky about what brand. I found little single serve bottles here. NICE

Marie, yup, don't let that wagon get you as it rolls by.

Old 10-11-2011, 09:15 PM   #22  

Hello Girls,

I had another decent day today. It would be nice to get my calories a bit lower but I am happy to report no alcohol and no unhealthy snacks. Plus an hour in at the Y for a weight training class. I am really feeling like I can do this.

Rei-Yea on two good days! We need to try and make it three, right?!

Marie-Staying on plan is awesome. Keep up the good work.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:16 PM   #23  
Lifelong Journey Member

Rie and Tet, we're cruising along! I predict no holiday weight gain for us. I predict a loss. Way to go, both of you.

I'm too much on plan today. I'll be under the calories but I missed my morning planned snack teaching a training session. That is life. I like being under better than over. Just so it doesn't happen too often so that I kill my metabolism. That isn't likely to happen though...
Marie
Old 10-13-2011, 10:18 PM   #24  

Finished another on plan day. That is four in a row. WooHoo. I am hoping to plan for some fun with the neighbor ladies tomorrow. I may need to make up for it on Saturday. My hubby is out of town so I can probably do that.

Marie-I am really hoping to lose some for the holidays. There is still time and it would be great to feel confident in some pretty clothes for the parties.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:23 PM   #25  
Lifelong Journey Member

Terapet, great job on he 4 days in a row. I'm too much on plan again today but I'm going to believe it will help for this weekend when I'm going out of town again. Traveling always screws up my diet. But... I knew I wouldn't be exercising (other than lots of walking) on Saturday and that's normally a biking or elliptical day (I'm pretty regimented about my exercise schedule). Thursdays are a non-aerobic day so I did swap today with Saturday's workout so I get my 5 aerobic workouts in this week.
Marie
Old 10-15-2011, 04:35 PM   #26  

I have to have some medical tests and the doctor said no heavy exercise right now. BUt I did a 2 mile walk today which brings my cardio up to a lowly 110 minutes so far this month.

Weight is 128 today, which is down a pound and one pound left to lose to meet the October goal. So I think I'm on track to get down to 125 by New Years Eve. (Haven't been 125 in over 30 years)
Old 10-15-2011, 11:24 PM   #27  

Wow Tabbycat, congratulations on your weight goal. That is awesome. The two mile walk sounds great to me.

Marie-I like to work out often also. I usually hit the Y at least four times a week for different fitness classes although I have been a bit off schedule the last few months. I feel okay if I miss them but I much prefer to stick to my schedule whenever possible.

The last two days have not been "on plan" although I knew they would not be. They have been fun and relaxing plus I have tried to keep the damage to a minimum. Tomorrow may be the same but hopefully not too bad. I guess the scale will tell me if I am just kidding myself. So far my weight is down slightly from a bit from a week ago but it is too early to say if I actually lost anything.
Old 10-16-2011, 12:17 AM   #28  

I forgot about this thread. Sounds like you guys have been doing well. I Think I've posted about everything elsewhere but I was off-plan about three days (my calories were only high one day though, just ate foods not approved) but now I'm back OP. While at the coast I walked a lot and lots of steps and inclines plus the crab "fishing". We suspended our gym membership for Oct as thought we'd be gone too much, but then cancelled our big trip, so we will try reinstating it next week. Haven't been there at all this month as we've been so busy. I lost 8.8# the first month on this diet (lost more but gained some back) and so far looks like I'm starting to lose again.

Tabby - congrats on being so very close to goal!! I can't even imagine how good that must feel!

Breakfast - blueberry oatmeal
AM snack - caramel crunch bar
Lunch - Split up my Lean & Green meal - a really small salad, a little piece of cheese and 1 meatball
PM snack - vegetable beef soup and mocha frappe (my new diet version)
Dinner - rest of L&G - hamburger patty, and cucumbers (last from our garden) & tomatoes
PM snack - banana pudding (yummy but wish I could put sliced bananas in it or eat it with pie crust)

Last edited by maryea; 10-16-2011 at 12:18 AM.
Old 10-16-2011, 09:32 PM   #29  

Maryea-Good for you getting back to losing.

Okay today was not so great but tomorrow will be better. I did get to the Y for a step class. I also made vegetable soup tonight for my lunches this week. I really do want to get back to eating well.
Old 10-16-2011, 09:41 PM   #30  

My weight is dropping fast this week so far!! Hope I don't gain any back before Wed which I consider my official weigh-in day. We ate out today but had no problem staying OP. No exercise though again. We plan on going to the gym tomorrow if we can reinstate it mid-month like this.

Today's meals so far:
Breakfast - mocha frappe
am snack - forgot
Lunch - Subway - Turkey & Ham Salad, 2 t. Ranch, very light on cheese.
pm snack - mocha frappe
Dinner - vegetable beef soup and 1 T peanut butter (not together)
Still will have a couple more meals mini-meals tonight. I'm thinking peanut butter soft serve (haven't tried this yet) and/or banana pudding maybe.
Closed Thread