Supper: baked fresh trout, plain baked potato, steamed veggies
1.5 oz dark chocolate
Evening: dannon light and fit yogurt,
56 oz water. ( so far)
1135 calories. 132 carbs, 38g fiber

Old 12-20-2011, 10:00 PM   #212  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Height: 5'6"

I have not been good lately. To make things worse, I have not been to the Y in over a week. There are just too many temptations. I need to find some discipline!
Old 12-20-2011, 10:04 PM   #213  

Height: 5'3"

Not doing well. Been so busy past week and not feeling well recently so haven't been tracking my calories or working out. I haven't even been remembering to track my weigh in my software. Just realized that just now. My weight was up another pound this am!
Old 12-21-2011, 08:00 AM   #214  

Good Morning Ladies,

I feel much better this morning. I am planning to rally today. I really do not want to have to get out the fat pants. I am working from home today so I think I can fit in a Y class before evening. I will check back later hopefully to tell you about my good food choices. One day at a time, or more likely one hour at a time these days!

Last edited by TERAPET; 12-21-2011 at 08:01 AM.
Old 12-21-2011, 12:38 PM   #215  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Tera and Mary, you can do it. Jump back on the wagon and take a ride with us. The treats this time of year are tempting but let me ask you this. Ten minutes after you have had a "treat" will you feel better or worse for it. I know in my case, the guilt long outlasts the pleasure. Look at the "Treat" as long term guilt and maybe it won't be so tempting.

Another evening where dinner wasn't interesting so I had toast again. Another day at less than 1200. I do need to get that back to at least 1400 cals as my exercise will make my metabolism screwy for long term if I stay too low. At least it has in the past and I like eating too much for that. Today I will eat 1400 cals at least and aim more for the 1500-1600 cals I normally lose with. I do like when this side of the pendulum is my problem as the piggy side is more dominant usually.
Marie
Old 12-21-2011, 02:52 PM   #216  

Hope to do better today. So much to do today but will try and get back later to edit this.

Breakfast was 1/3 c oats with 10 raisins, 1/4 t. honey, 1 walnut and 1/2 t. Splenda/brown sugar blend, and 2 T. FF milk
am snack - my pb mocha with added fiber
lunch - leftovers - beef pasta dish with zuccchini and spinach. Hard to calculate calories but only had a small portion.
And 1/4 med apple.

Last edited by maryea; 12-21-2011 at 06:28 PM.
Old 12-22-2011, 11:18 AM   #217  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Hello!

Yesterday's intake:

Breakfast 1/2c fiber one with 2tbs ground flaxseed and splash of almond milk,
Lunch: green salad with a little ranch, 3oz lean beef, peppers
Supper: small piece lean pork, 1 roasted potato, green beans
snacks: about 3 oz chocolate stuff
Evening: whole flax seed in 1/2 unsweetened almond milk
48 oz
1250 calories. 141 carbs, 39g fiber

My ticker is not moving. I will change it tomorrow.

Old 12-22-2011, 11:37 AM   #218  
Lifelong Journey Member

Rie, give yourself a week before changing your ticker. Since we're the same age, perhaps your body cycles weight wise like mine. I know I will lose some after week one only to get it back at about day 13-14. Then day 18 to 24 I will lose. Whoosh. Then 25 to 28ish, the weight stalls. Then the cycle starts again. I love week 3 by the way. Every day I happily get on the scale. The other 21 days I like to kick it into the wall.

Yesterday was another day of being low on calories. I have a motto that I started when I began my journey many years ago, never eat anything that doesn't taste fabulous and never eat if not hungry. Three evenings in a row I haven't been hungry and so I'm below my cals. I'd toy with the idea of having more in the morning (when I'm munchie) but I'm not hungry then, just munchie. So that isn't a really ideal solution. Then there's the idea that I will want dinner some day. So for now, I'll stick with a little lower cals because I know that won't last.
Marie
Old 12-23-2011, 06:16 AM   #219  

Good Morning All,

I am so happy I get the day off today. It was unexpected since my boss is a bit of a miser but hey, I'll take it. So now I can clean my house and maybe bake the sugar cookies I was going to skip this year. Plus I can fit in an exercise class. I have not been eating well but I have managed to keep my weight in the same place. Just a few more days and finally the onslaught will almost be over. Christmas is just overwhelming to me and causes me lots of anxiety. However, I mostly enjoy it.

It sounds like you all are sticking close to your eating plans. Good for you. I have to agree with Marie about the guilt thing. Overeating and especially overdrinking generates a lot of guilt for me. Plus I don't sleep worth a dang. It is so much better to eat right, exercise and feel like a million bucks.

Last edited by TERAPET; 12-23-2011 at 06:16 AM.
Old 12-23-2011, 03:13 PM   #220  

Hi all.

Lost my post twice last night and I don't have time to try again today. Yesterday was ok with 1091 cals, 135 carbs, and 56 oz water. My carbs seem a little high but I am getting a total of 55 from the ground flax seed and small serving of fiber one cereal. So far, it hasn't affected my blood sugar at all. The scale seems to be inching back down so I will let my ticker rest a bit.

I am having a really busy day today. Keeping calories low because I know that ds is making me a "cheeseburger" with mushrooms and onions - minus the bun for supper. Yum

Later.

Rie
Old 12-27-2011, 08:36 PM   #221  
Lifelong Journey Member

Hi all,

After not worrying about the 24th and 25th (I must admit the guilt was still there), I tried to get totally back on the wagon yesterday. Not much success with it. Too much company still. Again this morning I had good intentions but the company eating frenzy still got me. Everyone has left, including DH back to work. So as I reluctantly rode my bike, I logged my calories for the day. If I just enjoy my mocha the rest of the evening and maybe have a slice of toast, I will be in my calories. I'm thinking I'm going to try just the mocha as I'm not hungry and the mocha will help keep me full. Tomorrow I am back on the wagon whether my munchies try to control my brain.
Marie
Old 12-28-2011, 02:42 PM   #222  
Lifelong Journey Member

I was good yesterday afternoon and evening. I did go for the toast but I stayed under 1600 cals. So I'm on the right path once again. I think 3 days of not eating isn't bad because I wasn't a either.

One thing I thought was interesting is my mocha. I'd bought Almond Breeze (40 cal) for my DGS if he didn't want the Soy Milk I bought him. Bought both. For years I've made my ice mochas with Almond Breeze and loved it (still do). So I had this full carton of stuff and made my mocha last night with it. Saved me a chunk of cals vs skimmed milk. The reason I stopped Almond Breeze about 2 months ago and took the 50 cal hit was there's only 1 gram of protein in it and there were something like 8 in milk. I don't eat much meat or eggs and am allergic to soy/peanuts. So I need to find protein where I can. Now, before I quit the Almond Breeze, my quads were exhausted after biking or elliptical. Real muscle fatigue. Fast forward, no muscle fatigue after milk switch. Today, major muscle fatigue. I'm guessing my muscles really need the milk's protein more than I thought. So that is cool knowledge. Back to milk mochas.
Marie
Old 12-28-2011, 06:01 PM   #223  

Hello all! (LOL Marie)

Well, Christmas eve and Christmas I ate, drank, and was merry. I don't think I got totally out of control because I made it through without a weight gain.

Pretty much on plan the last couple days. Off plan a little today because it was the last work celebration of the year. Beef fondue. I am telling myself that it isn't too bad because there were NO carbs but too many calories. I am having my oral surgery in the morning so I probably won't be getting much for a couple of days. I made my own broth and have smoothies on hand.

It sounds like you are doing well! I envy you your toast. A little, I am pretty much over the bread thing. If I can't have a bunch, I don't want it.

Hopefully, be back tomorrow night.

Rie
Old 12-28-2011, 06:02 PM   #224  

BTW, I think you are right about the protein. I love the almond breeze but I am never short on protein....
Old 12-29-2011, 11:00 AM   #225  
Lifelong Journey Member

Rie, I'm thinking of you today and hope the oral surgery goes well and no panicking occurs! I love beef fondue - we had it on Christmas Eve. After the meat was cut, I realized that perhaps I didn't buy enough so I only had a couple pieces. I felt like an

I was good yesterday. My calories are in line and this morning I weighed again (first time since last Friday). All is in line and I think I reached my challenge goal. I like knowing I lost weight instead of gaining weight over Christmas. I'm not a big New Year's holiday person so I don't think that will be a problem.

My quads feel better today since I had a milk mocha yesterday. I am clearly on the low end border of enough protein. I did have a couple ounces of turkey yesterday to help.
Marie
Closed Thread