Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2011, 12:18 AM   #181  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie View Post
Tera, I totally agree with Mary. It is just a mind game. Of course my mind loves food more than it should. You can do it. I like you're doing small portions. I think that's the only way I can live with the plan the rest of my life. Of course I'd rather big portions.

I'm on plan today even with my Friday Starbucks reward. I do like their skinny peppermint mocha! 200 cals for the Venti. Yummy!
Marie
Marie, I'm glad you said that you'd rather have big portions. I do really well with portion control until evening. Even then my portion sizes are usually ok, it's just that I eat too many different things and too often. Like tonight I had some little multi-grain crackers and had a mocha. One should have been enough esp for my bs. I know that I should eat less but need to hear that others want more too and yet don't do it. My child mind keeps telling me it's ok but I know it's not.

I did ok on calories today although I really wanted to go a little lower and I'm not really sure I counted correctly on the crackers so maybe in for a big surprise. Hope not. I do know my bs is up.
Old 12-10-2011, 04:12 AM   #182  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

I need to be up in less than 6 hours so gotta get to bed. Next time I am taking a meal replacement bar to the tourney. Usually they are grilling something but not tonight. Grrrr. Oh well, still within limits but I had a really lean and healthy day be[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"Hello Challenge friends.

Here is todays intake
Breakfast 1/2c fiber one with 2tbs ground flaxseed and splash of almond milk, light and fit yogurt
Lunch: grilled swai fillet, saute onion and mushrooms, skinny cow bar
Supper: onion rings, 5 french fries. Ugh, the only thing at tourney. 2 glasses wine
Evening: dannon light and fit yogurt w/ 2 tbs riccota and sf chocolate syrup
72 oz water.
1281 calories. 169 carbs, 34g fiber

2 hours of walkitout this morning and lots of pool tonight. at least 475 calories burned.

Last edited by Riemontana; 12-10-2011 at 04:14 AM.
Old 12-10-2011, 09:20 AM   #183  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Height: 5'6"

maryea- I really prefer large portions also. I was only eating small portions because it was restaurant meals. I rarely plan to eat out but I am weak at saying no to invitations to go out.

My usual plan is to eat only three meals a day. I do not usually eat between meals. Breakfast is rather small but both lunch and dinner are high in protein calories with vegetables. I get myself in trouble when I add bread, crackers, cookies and alcohol. If I take it easy on the extras, I maintain, if I eat too much, I gain and if I am on plan and skip the extra calories, I lose. However, I am rarely on plan anymore. Lately I have been using the Intermittent Fasting so I can eat a bunch at once. Unfortunately I am eating a bunch of junk so it is not something I would do on a regular basis. I don't feel any need to save a bunch of calories to eat 2000 calories of healthy food all at once!

Last edited by TERAPET; 12-10-2011 at 09:21 AM.
Old 12-10-2011, 09:52 AM   #184  

Height: 5'8.5"

I like big portions too, especially at dinner. But I have found that I can do it if I eat the right things. Often I will have a great big bowl full of salad... just lots and lots of different kinds of veggies.

I know a lot of people disagree with me on this and that's okay but I firmly believe it is about a lot more than calories. Our bodies are designed to process healthful foods and they "work" better when they are given the proper fuel. IMO fruits and veggies are processed much more efficiently than "junk" and all the processed food we are bombarded with.

Hmmmmm I think I will go make another huge bowl of my "mega slaw" to eat on for the next few days, ha. That stuff is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good!!!
Old 12-10-2011, 07:26 PM   #185  

Weight was down again, but still have almost six pounds to go to get back down to my lowest weight. Funny how even just six pounds seems like so much to me! It is such a struggle just to keep my calories down now that I'm not eating totally MF way. So far I'm on plan today, however I did have a large lunch because we went to Costco and I had samples again plus shared 1/2 pizza. Tonight we are having vegetable soup I think so hoping to keep calories down a bit. Will try to get back and report tonight or let you know tomorrow how I did. ;-)

Last edited by maryea; 12-10-2011 at 07:26 PM.
Old 12-10-2011, 08:55 PM   #186  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Mary, Costco samples add up mega fast. Skip them. Don't go near the samples. Chew mint gum on your way through or have your 1/2 pizza slice before you go through the store. DH have don that. I then didn't have any samples and my Costco bill was much lower.

Misti, I remember a WW leader I knew say that she never met an overweight person that binged on veges. Probably true but not apt to happen in my case. I can eat canned beets for hours on end. And cooked carrots. I love cooked carrots. The rest wouldn't keep my taste buds interested for long. Unless you count beans - the cocoa bean. I can binge on that bean as well.

I've had a hard day staying on plan even though I have. I keep reading and hearing people baking cookies. I SO want COOKIES now. Sugar cookies, chocolate chip cookies. Power of suggestion I suppose. I have my food logged even though I haven't had dinner. I know what it is and I should end the day at 1490 calories. I think if I had cookies in the house or had given in to the temptation to bake some, I'd have been at 14,900 cals.
Marie
Old 12-10-2011, 11:21 PM   #187  

Too late...between Costco and my WONDERFUL soup tonight I blew the day!! It was almost worth it I think though! You know how I said I am good with portion control at meals...well, I usually am, but I have to be honest, I had two servings of the soup and with crackers! It was that good! I put broccoli in it and also had a large salad. I can just eat a lot I guess. But really, I rarely overeat at a meal so this was unusual and it was esp unusual to have two large meals today. Maybe I'll regret it tomorrow but I sure enjoyed it today...

BTW, Marie I don't usually buy anything I sample. That's our thing... if they give us a sample that's enough...esp if it's a dessert type thing or any very high carb item. Also that WW lady hasn't seen me...I really CAN binge on veggies, I love them, but the calories are usually low enough that it's ok as long as you don't use Ranch dressing or something else that's high in calories. But as a diabetic I really shouldn't eat too many carrots or broccoli as even they have quite a bit of carb. Beets are not a problem as I can't stand them. Gosh, I don't know if I'll ever get a handle on this diabetes thing because unless I eat really really low carb like I did when I started MF, I get too many so easily! Hopefully I'll do better tomorrow....
Old 12-11-2011, 05:46 PM   #188  

well my weight bounced back up today due to my overeating yesterday. so far better today.
Old 12-11-2011, 06:31 PM   #189  

Hello All

I thought I would report on yesterday. I did well part of the day and not so well the rest of the day. Here is my best estimate:

Breakfast: 1/2c fiber one, 2 tbs flax seed, splash of almond milk.
Lunch: small garden salad with a little ranch, soy latte
supper: china buffet - no rice or noodles, lean meat, veggie stir fry, peel and eat shrimp
Snacks: one brownie, small peanut butter ball, choc covered mini pretzel It was really hard to stand there all day with all that stuff and not have any. I did not have cocoa or cider.

This is estimated, of course but I make it at

1418 calories, 165 carbs, 28 fiber. water was low at 36 oz. It was too darn cold!

Mary, I don't understand what you are saying about the broccoli being lots of carbs? My plan counts it as a free veggie. I looked it up on the carb counter and it is rated at 5 - 10 carbs per cup, chopped or chopped and frozen.?

I eat large portions - mostly a plateful of food for lunch and supper. I just make sure that at least 1/2 the plate is green veggies. For lunch today, I wanted these little "pigs in a blanket" snacks but 5 of the darn things is 180 calories and they are little! So I ate a huge bowl of the following: 2+cups romaine lettuce, 3/4c alfalfa sprouts, 1/2 of a cucumber, chopped. I make my own ranch dressing in a shaker bottle. I use 1/2c mayo, 1/2c plain greek yogurt, 1.5c 1% milk. I buy the mix in bulk and add myself. It is really runny so it mixes easily with the salad greens. Yum, and a fraction of the calories and fat. After eating the salad, I almost couldn't finish the little puff pastry things.....

I like beets but I count them as a carb - not a veggie. I am not all that fond of carrots so I generally am not willing to "spend" carbs on them. I think my body needs lots of veggies but it needs the low carb kind...... Interesting discussion.

Mary, bs wise, I can do "natural carbs" like real potatoes or yams (I just bake them plain), a little polenta, sometimes a little bit of rice. But processed carbs like crackers are really bad for me and they cause a spike. They also make me HUNGRY! Same with most bread.... I can control my sweet intake more than I can bread when I get started. Grrrr.

Be back later with today's menu.

Rie

Last edited by Riemontana; 12-12-2011 at 10:11 AM.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:31 PM   #190  

I did another Intermittent Fast day today. It is really not all that difficult until I start eating in the evening. Than I get hungry quick! My husband was so mad at me when I kept asking about dinner. It works better when I am in control of the cooking. Fortunately, he is going out of town tomorrow.

maryea-Just keep trying. It sounds like you have all the tools in place, you just need to find the right balance.

rie-Hang in there. The holidays are tough but it is already the 11th. Only two weeks until Christmas and then things should get a bit easier when the whole world is on a diet!

Marie-I love cookies also, especially at Christmas. They are a problem for us weight watchers though!
Old 12-11-2011, 09:43 PM   #191  

rkSlateBlue"][/COLOR][/[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="DaHere is todays intake
Breakfast 1/2c fiber one with 2tbs ground flaxseed and splash of almond milk, l
Lunch: large green salad with cucumbers, sprouts and a little ranch, philo wrapped smokies
Supper: 1/2 lean country style rib, polenta, marinated artichoke hearts, salad, skinny cow bar
Evening: dannon light and fit yogurt w/ 2 tbs riccota and sf chocolate syrup
72 oz water.
1277 calories. 128 carbs, 34g fiber

56 oz water. no excercise AT ALL
FONT]
Old 12-11-2011, 10:12 PM   #192  
Lifelong Journey Member

Hi all, a good day calorie wise. It could have been better nutrition wise. 1500 calories will be consumed (my food is all logged). I took the doggies out but that was it for exercise. And all the walking, standing and holding a 16 pound baby foreeeevvvveeeeerrrrrrr waiting to see Santa. It was worth it. And I enjoyed watching my Packers beat the Raiders.

Rie, it wasn't me talking about broccoli. I HATE broccoli. My grandson loves it and I look at it like it's something my pups would leave in the yard. So for me, it is calorie and carb free.
Marie
Old 12-12-2011, 09:22 PM   #193  

Today was actually On Plan. How about that?! I also got in an hour of step class at the Y.

Sounds like everyone is back on the wagon. Wagons Ho! (was that too corny?)
Old 12-12-2011, 09:48 PM   #194  

Height: 5'8.5"

Congrats to all for sticking with it. I've managed to stick to my plan too, although I did munch on quite a few nuts and some blue chips last night... but I had eaten a light, early dinner.
Old 12-12-2011, 10:51 PM   #195  
Lifelong Journey Member

Misti and Tera, congrats on staying on plan. I weighed in today after taking a week off for the TOM. I lost another pound so since I restarted I've lost 3 pounds since Thanksgiving. That's progress. Today I'll finish my cals a bit under target but I can handle that.
Marie
Closed Thread