Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 02:16 PM   #166  

Morning everyone. i had a nice long post and the POOF it was gone. im feeling a little better.not as conjested.and the suns out. today so that helps. ive been doing my usual activities,the fun ones and ignoring the have to do's i tweaked a muscel in my back wrestling sadie. shes is really strong physicaly and mentaly and to much dog for me. shes sweet but her and my dh are on my poop list. him for leaving her here with me and her well shes a puppy so i dont blame her. ive been trying extra hard to follow my eating rules as its so easy to snack and grab quick stuff when im alone. so the scale said successful this am. another 5# gone the leaves have really started to change color and its nippy out.summer went to fast. hoping you all have an awsome day rosey
Old 09-14-2011, 02:21 PM   #167  

Height: 5'3"

Just a quick post as have lots to do today. Did our gym thing this morning. It's a nice cooler day. My dh's eye is much improved, thank God! He only occasionally has double vision now, but the bigger problem now is keeping the lid open esp outside.

I forgot to mention my monthly weigh-in for Sept. I stayed the same. Right now I am up though because of knowing I'm starting MF soon. No package yet but it was very near last night so it's probably on the little brown truck right now.

Lynn - Know I'm very lazy about canning/freezing these days. It's more like I just feel i'm done with it...I did a lot while raising my kids. Now we just give it away if we can't eat it. I'm trying to decide which veggies to have tonight...they all need to be eaten!

That's all for now...I'll let you know how the diet goes...
Old 09-14-2011, 03:09 PM   #168  

S/C/G: 184.7/165

Height: 5'4" (In my heyday, I was 5'6"...)

Hello, Golden Girls of 3FC!! I'm not sure where to start here. I'm 67 years old (no, that cannot be true!), have been married to the same fine guy for 44 of those years. We have six children ranging in age from 43 to 28. Three sons in rapid succession (1968, 1971, 1973), then a six-years hiatus, then three daughters in rapid succession (1979, 1980, 1983). And then we were done! People ask me how I did it -- how did I raise six kids -- what was it like -- And I have to say that I really don't remember. We all took it a day at a time, some days were good, some not-so-good; some years were good, some not-so-good. But all in all, I have to say that I'm proud of the brood we've raised. They're all very close to their Mom & Dad, and they're all happy and productive members of society.
From all those kids, we only have two grandchildren. Only the oldest son and our youngest daughter are married, and my son has two daughters, 11 and 8. I say that I have a heart for each member of my family; for example, I love Jessica (11) with all of my Jessica heart, and I love Natalie (8) with all of my Natalie heart. Each of these hearts is huge. The time when our entire family is together are always the best times of my life, and that will be happening this coming Christmas.
So -- about the weight. I always thought I was overweight, probably since my 20's. I look back at pictures of me over the years, and it shocks me how pretty I was, and how not fat I was! I think I really started putting on weight about twenty years ago -- the stress was sometimes overwhelming, and my husband traveled a lot with IBM in those days. We had many small crises, and of course a couple of major ones as well.
But today, all is well. As I said, the kids are wonderful, and my husband is loving and kind. I couldn't ask for more. No reason to be "eating" that way anymore. I'm 5'4" now (at my "height" I was 5'6", but I'm shrinking) and still weigh 180. At one time I weighed 200, so I'm ahead of the game, but I want to lose about 20 more pounds. I don't like that big rubber tire around my waist!
I know I'm no spring chicken, and this body has served me well for many, many years. I'd just like to see it a little smaller....
I've been pretty lethargic lately, but for several days now I've been hiking a three-mile loop here in the mountains. I have a membership to the Y that I'm thinking of cancelling; it's a 15-minute drive, and I don't usually go to town just to "work out". But I do think I should be doing the free weights, so I'm undecided right now. Winter is coming on, and I may not feel like hiking in the snow..... Help me decide, someone!
Hobbies: I LOVE puttering around outside anytime the sun is shining, I live in the mountains above Boulder, CO, so gardening is a little tricky. I bought a few tomato plants on a whim early last summer, and before I knew it they were too tall to stake without breaking the stems. So they're growing all over the place down in my "dogpen garden" (a converted dogpen),tomatoes everywhere! I've already harvested enough beans to make at least one good batch of hummus (or chili; I haven't decided). Because we live in deer country, I can't grow vegetables ut in the open (the dogpen is fenced in), but I've found lots and lots of deer-resistant, drought-resistant plants to brighten up the yard. But as I said, winter's comin' on before long, so that fun stuff will be tabled for awhile. And winter can be a challenge for me; I don't particularly like winter sports, although I go on a back-country cross-county ski trip to a remote hut twice each winter.
Someone let me know how to access the FB page. I'd like to connect there as well.
For the "off-season", I have many cross-stitch and knitting projects waiting to be addressed again. And I have 25 years' worth of slides to convert to digital; I figured I probably have well over 2500 slides to convert. It's really fun to look back at the past that way, and I know I'll get back to that pretty soon. I've been cleaning out my office...
So that's who I am and where I am. Right now I'm committed to a serious approach to losing the weight, and have joined WW online. That's very helpful. I have a sister who's a WW counsellor, and she's been an inspiration to me.
I think I'll hit the trail......
Sue
Old 09-14-2011, 03:13 PM   #169  

Hello, Golden Girls of 3FC!! I'm not sure where to start here. I'm 67 years old (no, that cannot be true!), have been married to the same fine guy for 44 of those years. We have six children ranging in age from 43 to 28. Three sons in rapid succession (1968, 1971, 1973), then a six-years hiatus, then three daughters in rapid succession (1979, 1980, 1983). And then we were done! People ask me how I did it -- how did I raise six kids -- what was it like -- And I have to say that I really don't remember. We all took it a day at a time, some days were good, some not-so-good; some years were good, some not-so-good. But all in all, I have to say that I'm proud of the brood we've raised. They're all very close to their Mom & Dad, and they're all happy and productive members of society.
From all those kids, we only have two grandchildren. Only the oldest son and our youngest daughter are married, and my son has two daughters, 11 and 8. I say that I have a heart for each person that I love, and there are so many people whom I love with all my heart. Each of these hearts is huge. The time when our entire family is together are always the best times of my life, and that will be happening this coming Christmas.
So -- about the weight. I always thought I was overweight, probably since my 20's. I look back at pictures of me over the years, and it shocks me how pretty I was, and how not fat I was! I think I really started putting on weight about twenty years ago -- the stress was sometimes overwhelming, and my husband traveled a lot with IBM in those days. We had many small crises, and of course a couple of major ones as well.
But today, all is well. As I said, the kids are wonderful, and my husband is loving and kind. I couldn't ask for more. No reason to be "eating" that way anymore. I'm 5'4" now (at my "height" I was 5'6", but I'm shrinking) and still weigh 180. At one time I weighed 200, so I'm ahead of the game, but I want to lose about 20 more pounds. I don't like that big rubber tire around my waist!
I know I'm no spring chicken, and this body has served me well for many, many years. I'd just like to see it a little smaller....
I've been pretty lethargic lately, but for several days now I've been hiking a three-mile loop here in the mountains. I have a membership to the Y that I'm thinking of cancelling; it's a 15-minute drive, and I don't usually go to town just to "work out". But I do think I should be doing the free weights, so I'm undecided right now. Winter is coming on, and I may not feel like hiking in the snow..... Help me decide, someone!
Hobbies: I LOVE puttering around outside anytime the sun is shining, I live in the mountains above Boulder, CO, so gardening is a little tricky. I bought a few tomato plants on a whim early last summer, and before I knew it they were too tall to stake without breaking the stems. So they're growing all over the place down in my "dogpen garden" (a converted dogpen), tomatoes everywhere! I've already harvested enough beans to make at least one good batch of hummus (or chili; I haven't decided). Because we live in deer country, I can't grow vegetables out in the open (the dogpen is fenced in), but I've found lots and lots of deer-resistant, drought-resistant flowering plants to brighten up the yard. But as I said, winter's comin' on before long, so that fun stuff will be tabled for awhile. And winter can be a challenge for me; I don't particularly like winter sports, although I go on a back-country cross-county ski trip to a remote hut twice each winter.
Someone let me know how to access the FB page. I'd like to connect there as well.
For the "off-season", I have many cross-stitch and knitting projects waiting to be addressed again. And I have 25 years' worth of slides to convert to digital; I figured I probably have well over 4000 slides to convert. It's really fun to look back at the past that way, and I know I'll get back to that pretty soon. I've been cleaning out my office...
So that's who I am and where I am. Right now I'm committed to a serious approach to losing the weight, and have joined WW online. That's very helpful. I have a sister who's a WW counsellor, and she's been an inspiration to me.
I think I'll hit the trail......
Sue
Old 09-14-2011, 03:29 PM   #170  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Welcome Sue! Thanks for the bio, it's nice to know about you so we can visualize your surroundings. Post often, then you can put your weight thingie on the bottom of your post. I can't remember how many times you have to post, something like 15 or 20?
Old 09-14-2011, 04:49 PM   #171  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Just stopping by real quick; I am home, sick! Started with a sore throat at work yesterday, couldn't sleep most of the night because my nose clogged every time I put my head on the pillow, and today I'm coughing and feeling like ka-ka. Maybe I caught your cold, Rosey!
Anyhoo, here I am, and I'm heading back over to the couch where my tissues and tissue bag are, a pile of pillows, and my book....I'm reading "The Help" in between semi-snoozing and issuing forth great mega-sneezes and rumbly, gritty coughs. Ack! Poor Me!
(I was going to say it's better than being at work, but not so much.)

See y'all later -

Z
Old 09-14-2011, 05:11 PM   #172  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

OK--I have to try to figure out something here---Rosey has been sick, And Zoe you were sick with a sore throat and cough and didn't sleep good! My Hubby was sick last night with a sore throat and cough and was up most of the night!!! Hmmmmm??? LOL!!
Old 09-14-2011, 06:18 PM   #173  

Hi everyone.sry you are sick zoe,im alittle better but still not 100% fever and chills and if it wasnt for sudafed my nose would be plugged,hope you feel better soon,hot tea and a good hot bath made me feel the best Karen31 sry your hubby,s sick too. welcome sue you will love it here. i just did the dumbest thing. ive been working on my quilt and had made a mocha protein smoothie for lunch which was amongst my project well i knocked it flying. grrr choc sticky all over floor,me and the stove.., what a mess. the only good thing is it missed the quilt i now have a freshly scrubbed floor and stove. dont be a cluts lol later rosey

Last edited by akrosey49; 09-14-2011 at 06:19 PM.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:33 PM   #174  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen31 View Post
OK--I have to try to figure out something here---Rosey has been sick, And Zoe you were sick with a sore throat and cough and didn't sleep good! My Hubby was sick last night with a sore throat and cough and was up most of the night!!! Hmmmmm??? LOL!!
Hi Karen,

I am sure that I told this story before but...

Around 1970, my family was in a national health study. We kept a log of all illnesses and once a week we received a phone call and answered questions.

When it was over, we received a report.

All over the nation, people got headaches on the same day at the same time!!!!

All over the nation, people had sleep problems on the same nights.

The only cause I could ever come up with was something in the atmosphere.

Lynn
Old 09-14-2011, 07:02 PM   #175  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

That is a strange thing to do a study on..I'm sure it is true though--- just like so many people being born on the same day, same time and same name... happens more often than not..

Welcome Sue! Glad to have you with us. I was going to send you a private message about the FB page but you haven't made enough posts or been here enough days to be able to recieve PM's. I think it has to be 20 posts and 20 days--- not sure though---anybody know for sure? So keep posting and coming back and let us get to know you and that time will go by fast.

Rosey, glad you are feeling better. Zoe, are you feeling better tonight? My hubby is about the same tonight--- had chicken soup for lunch and a chicken pot pie for supper.. I am so far (knock on wood) feeling fine!! I just had a salad for supper.

Well, I need to get in and get my kitchen cleaned up and get ready for Survivor tonight! I'm recording both Survivor and Americas Got Talent--- somebody always seems to call and want to talk-- plus Big Brother finale' is on tonight too! Love my DVR!!

Have a good night and I'll catch you all later tonight or tomorrow
Old 09-14-2011, 07:14 PM   #176  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello Goldens!

I am having a slow internet at my house so getting online is an excercise in frustration right now. So I am posting from work. This morning I lifted weights and did a 30 minute yoga video. "Yoga for inflexible people" LOL I think even that title wa optimistic. It kicked my butt.

I made it in to weigh in this morning and I am happy to report that I am down another 2 pounds. I am happy with that. I have been camping and eating some treats and feel good about still losing this month. As I reported a couple days ago, I have also lost an inch through my bust, waist, belly and hips. I don't know how to describe this rationally but I [I]feel[I] thinner.

Sue, welcome to the golden girls. This is a really good group of women. I liked your story and your description of living in Boulder. Lots of us have some connection to Colorado.

Mary, my mom feels exactly the same way about preserving. I try to interest her in canning or stuff and she just doesn't want to anymore. It was an activity that she treasured with my grandma. I hope that when my DIL moves here that mom will favor it more.

Welllllll, I started this post several hours ago and just now got back to my computer. I will finish later from home.

Rie
Old 09-14-2011, 08:24 PM   #177  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi GGs,

Once again the work world exploded around me and I haven't been here for days. So a couple quick updates and I will try to do some personals. Sasha started hormones on Monday to fix the leaking problem. No kidney problems. That was great news. The hormone med is expen$ive but that is nothing new. Lately I work to support my dogs. My mother-in-law was rushed to the hospital on Sunday and in ICU overnight. After tests and TLC she is perfectly fine (the bloodwork was messed up and scared the drs). She went home late on Monday. Work is frustrating but the wave drowning me is a little less than last week. Having DS and DIL problems that I might post on our GG FB site. But then I get mad and its easier to stick my head in the sand. I wore out my Sole Elliptical. Thankfully I bought high end and it has a 5 year warranty. They're supposted to fedex me the part in the next few days. Update (reason for edit) just checked and I have a tracking number. Delivery Tuesday. DH will fix on Wednesday. So I will afternoon exercise next Wednesday instead of the morning. I miss my elliptical. I never thought I'd find an exercise equipment I'd like till the physical therapist made me try it with my knee. But till it is back, I am using my bike on the fluid trainer. My poor quads. I think that's my update.

Happy BELATED B-day, Moderator Jane!!!! And another belated one for Donna!!!!

Lynn, I'm so sorry about your DF not being able to get up to your marathon. I hope her sister is ok.

Tea Granny, I'm thrilled your son has restarted PT to learn to walk again. Lets hope he doesn't have anymore setback. And you know a pound can be a bottle of water sitting in your bladder.

Rosey, I hope you're feeling better by now. I swear colds are worse than most irritating infections. They linger forever.

Val, I've been so busy I didn't even find out if your 'Boys won. So I went to nfl dot com to look. Wish I hadn't. Jets really came back in the 4th. Did your team forget tto play the 4th quarter???

Koala and Zoe, I'd never had a scone until Starbucks erupted on the scene. The sure are easy to make. And enjoyable!!!

Donna, have you set up your router yet? It is easy.

Mary, so your MF stuff will arrive today. Right? I hope it works well for you. I agree with having a coach. Make the process as simple as possible for success. BTW, I definitely get the being smart with nutrition but not always adhering. I’m the queen of that.

Freda, a friend was describing the bruise her son got in a 9-11 yo football game and other injuries dealt by one player. He’s caused multiple injuries in the league. It’s a little scary that kids are getting hurt so easily. I’m glad DGD had a magnificent game!

Grammygal, great job on the weight loss. You’re almost done deleting that first “decade” of pounds. Way to go!

Bobbi, way to go on making the allergist appointment. Since the headaches are gone from the sleep changes, my bet is on dust mites. BTW, do you have plants in your bedroom? My allergist said not to have any there (I don’t) because of mold in the soil. The dust mites is a sleeping problem because you spend ~8 hours deep breathing the bedding and that’s a problem. I’m betting puppy isn’t the problem. But, heck, I pronounced my DD’s iguana dead and told DH to bury him but DH said he wasn’t burying a live animal. That pretty much sums up my medical diagnostic abilities…

Sue, welcome aboard. Maybe you might want to copy and paste your introduction to the Bio page (it’s a sticky on the 50+ board) since you did such a great job. Good luck with the WW online. My sister has lost 11 pounds with it and loves it.

Zoe, if you caught Rosey’s cold I am going to back away from the computer. Feel better sweetie! And Lynn, too cool on the medical info. There is a full moon so maybe it’s swinging the cold virus across the atmosphere.

Val, I forgot to mention I started doing bicep and tricep weights after elliptically (now in the broken elliptical case after biking) last Friday. I’ve done it three times and I can’t see a difference in my muscles… HEHEHEHEHE!!!! I think you’ll have to pick of my slack because I don’t want to do more. If I do, I’ll quit. Like I always do. And I see you have only 27 pounds to your goal. You are so impressive!!!!!

Yeah, I made it to the end of the posts. Now I will go swimming. The thunder clouds moved on and blue sky is back! And DH got the solar panels to heat my pool again (I guess they got a little clogged and the temp was going done. And now its back to 83 degrees. Time to splish splash.
Marie

Last edited by Marie; 09-14-2011 at 08:26 PM.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:44 PM   #178  

I'll try to post now and again. Sitting here today in the fog and the rain, I wasn't motivated to do much at all. So I proceeded to burn a batch of chili (not enough water in the pressure cooker), and then I took a loaf of bread that Doug had made out of the breakmaker and set it on a hot burner to cool! I will think of this as The Day of Burning. I make a healthy (3-point) chili, and it's a great hit in my house.
Second batch is in the cooker..... I cut off the scorched part of the bread, and the bread is fine. I made plum jelly today, too -- did NOT burn that! I only ate enough to sample it, and it's yummy. A friend gave Doug a big box full of plums, and I had to do something with them.
More later.
Sue
Old 09-14-2011, 08:45 PM   #179  

Where the heck is the reply I just thought I posted??? I have to learn to use this site...
Sue
Old 09-14-2011, 08:53 PM   #180  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good evening GG's,

I made it back home ~ but too pooped and not feeling so great to post much. Sorry. Hopefully I can tomorrow after a good nights rest.

I enjoyed getting to visit with everyone. It was real busy though ~ running almost every day. And I think you just don't sleep as well when you are away from home.

I ended up with a cold ~ change of weather I'm thinking ~ from 100+ degree heat to stuff in the 70's and 80's, plus damp and rainy. Flying had never bothered my ears before, but boy it did today ~ plugged them right up and they hurt. Sometimes when I swallow, it sounds like someone sucking liquid through a straw.

Anyway ~ think I will go to bed early. Hope you all are doing well.

Take care
Closed Thread