Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 04:27 PM   #16  

Height: 5'3"

Just a quick note to say I'm OP and it's a beautiful day! Didn't get to the gym (overslept remember no alarm clocks here) but I did lose 2.8 # in August. I've decided per some of your advice that I'm only posting my weight loss when it's been a month since I flucuate so much. So I'm starting over again with the sig. Isn't the internet lovely...I can do whatever I want! LOL

My sis called and we talked a long time this am. My dh was coming in saying are you never going to the CU? So he finally went himself. Also asked him to buy a couple grocery items while he's out. I'm going to clean the kitchen today and need to get started as I've fooled around too long today. Still need to do first of month budeting too.

Hope you all have a great day!
Old 09-02-2011, 01:15 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Hello wonderful friends!

Just a quick post ( as much as I am able) because it is late and I want to get an early start in the morning.

Mary, congrats on the weight loss! I agree on only looking at your weight monthly. Sorry about the house situation.

Zoe, I will think of you gliding around the wedding being gracious and wowing everyone.... frumpy you are NOT. I can't wait to hear about everything.

Gayle, I sincerely hope that you enjoy the family time. It is too sweet that you share us with your mom. Have a safe and happy trip.

Karen, I loved your story. I don't know if Luigi's is still open. I know that he was still around when I was younger. He sold the place but used to hang out there....

Lynn, you are so sweet and kind.

Koala, thanks for your support. Good job on getting back on track. facinating that you are heading into summer....

Jane, hang in there Dratted Scale!

Fitchy, good job on deleting the pounds!

Donna, Karenfl, Nancy, Rosey, Freda and other lovelies. I look forward to catching up with you later.

Did you see the Robert Redford movie "A River Runs Through it?" it was filmed on the Boulder River in Montana. Picture me there this weekend.... I will be standing in the water waving my flyrod and hoping for a trout to rise and take my fly.... I will sleep in my explorer as we will be camping in a primative camp. I plan to eat well each day and save all my carbs for the s'more that I will eat by the campfire each evening. I will savor all those calories and carbs joyfully. As I watch the stars in an incredibly dark sky, I will make a wish for my lovely golden girl friends. Take care.

Rie
Old 09-02-2011, 09:02 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Everyone,

Today my BF and I are going to an arboretum outside of Philly and then out to lunch. http://www.business-services.upenn.e.../gardens.shtml

Have a GREAT day,

Lynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen31 View Post
Good morning! Don't have a lot of time here this morning since I need to get a few more things ready for the house to show. Good morning to everyone else and I will get back later but for now I think I better go chase the vacuum cleaner!!
Hi Karen,

Be sure to let us know how the showing goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellabella View Post
Rie/Val…. when it comes to dieting. I think the only thing that’s really kept my nose to the grindstone this time around is the thought of looking frumpy at my son’s wedding…with the ex looking down his nose. I can tell you THAT’S nevah gonna happen!
Lynn! A week off! Those are the best kind of weeks! Enjoy – and I hope your friend enjoys the movie. How dear of you to spend that kind of time with her! I’ll keep my fingers and toes crossed, too, for the potential B&B buyers. Z
Hi Zoe,

The only way your ex could look down his nose at you is if he stands on a stool! You are BEAUTIFUL at any weight!

I am having more and more trouble spending time with DF. At this point, it is not fun – just tension and responsibility. She keeps thanking me for being there for her. She always remembers who I am. BUT – conversation is impossible. She gets lost from the beginning of a sentence to the end. Unless someone is with her, she leaves a room to get something & forgets to come out. At the movies I have to go to the Ladies room with her or she will never get back to the right movie/seat. Her conversation more and more is about her mother and father and she has a set series of things she says about them over and over.

I feel guilty when I do not get in touch with her, but dread the visits. For as long as she still knows me, I will keep visiting. Hopefully, I will NEVER be in her situation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryea View Post
Just a quick note to say I'm OP and it's a beautiful day! Didn't get to the gym (overslept remember no alarm clocks here) but I did lose 2.8 # in August.
Hi Mary,

2.8 lbs in a month is GREAT! CONGRATULATIONS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riemontana View Post
Did you see the Robert Redford movie "A River Runs Through it?" it was filmed on the Boulder River in Montana. Picture me there this weekend.... I will be standing in the water waving my flyrod and hoping for a trout to rise and take my fly.... I will sleep in my explorer as we will be camping in a primative camp. I plan to eat well each day and save all my carbs for the s'more that I will eat by the campfire each evening. I will savor all those calories and carbs joyfully. As I watch the stars in an incredibly dark sky, I will make a wish for my lovely golden girl friends. Take care. Rie
Hi Rie,

Have a GREAT weekend! Good luck with the trout.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:19 AM   #19  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Four Steps to a Positive Outlook

Did you know that pessimism has been linked to a higher risk of dying before age 65? On the other hand, expressing positive emotions, such as optimism, is associated with a variety of health benefits: lowered production of the stress hormone cortisol, better immune function, and reduced risk of chronic diseases. If you are stressed-out or anxious, which can be either a cause or an effect of a pessimistic outlook, try the following:

1. Take care of yourself by eating a healthy diet, exercising regularly and getting adequate sleep. What exercise?

2. Express your emotional reactions honestly so you can effectively deal with what's bothering you. I think like Crabby Maxine on this one.!

3. Confide in someone - your mate, a good friend or a trusted relative. Yes, Thank you Golden Girls for your listening ears.

4. View the cup as half full instead of half empty.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:27 AM   #20  
Bobbi

Rie...Me too, me too! Oh I'd love to be standing in the trout stream fishing with you and being awed by the stars at night. We used to take our dd trout fishing years ago, we had a tent that we wore out camping. I can just smell the camp fire, the s'mores and pie dies. You put two slices of bread together with blueberry, apple or cherry pie filling and put in the camp fire pie dies, bake in fire until golden brown, yum-o. I loved the smell of coffee cooking on the camp stove in the misty mornings and the smell of bacon frying. I was really skinny back then, the three of us could eat a whole package of bacon.

Quote:
I will be standing in the water waving my flyrod and hoping for a trout to rise and take my fly.... I will sleep in my explorer as we will be camping in a primative camp. I plan to eat well each day and save all my carbs for the s'more that I will eat by the campfire each evening. As I watch the stars in an incredibly dark sky, I will make a wish for my lovely golden girl friends. Take care.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:41 AM   #21  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Hola, All…

Today is a late-start morning at work, so I can get a few minutes to post. My participation has definitely fallen off lately!

Fitchy – congrats!!

Rie – you must be feeling much better? I’m glad that you’re able to do all your fun stuff. Enjoy your weekend! And your ceviche sounded LOVELY.

Gayle – GOOD thoughts for your family reunion! I hope it’s a joyous wedding occasion, with no flaws and familial foibles (say THAT three times fast!). Enjoy, enjoy!

Mustang – my fingers are crossed (but very loosely) for the house showing. When do you leave on your CO adventure? I’m sure you’ve said, but my attention span is, on a good day, about 2 hours. I’m old. I’m tired.

Koala – always good to hear from you! Keep the faith, baby!

PT/Zoe – are you agog and aquiver over the wedding tomorrow? When do you leave to go to the resort? I know it will be beautiful and dignified (if MIL behaves) and that a good time will be had by all. You’ll look lovely, we already know that, and your family will be very proud of you! We’ll want full details and as many pictures as possible (ditto on that, Gayle!).

Lynn – you’re such a good friend to your DF. This should be getting you points somewhere… and I know you don’t do it for those points. You’re a good person!

Bobbi – how are your headaches? And thanks for the inspirational WOW.

I need to get rolling. It's been a long week, full of incompetence and incompetents. I don't want to get started on the experiences with GM's PCP on Wednesday. Suffice to say, I don't know how anything gets accomplished in this sorry (but very pretty!) world of ours!

Hope you all have a lovely weekend! PICTURES and DETAILS!!

Old 09-02-2011, 10:42 AM   #22  
Grammy on a diet

S/C/G: 163/154.6/128

Height: 5'2

Good morning ladies. I thought I had another attack of senioritis today when I logged into the September Golden Girls only to find at the end we were moving on to October. It must have been one from last year cause even though I am not as sharp as I used to be I still know we are just starting September,lol. Anyway my pet peeve is being on a plateau. I really have been working hard and I want some results. I guess I should be thankful I haven't gained. i have started running downhill on my walks. It beats letting Murphy drag me along. Poor dog must be so frustrated. He just loves his walks. Is anyone else doing slim fast?
Old 09-02-2011, 01:25 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Even though my weight was up and down and back up again all month, I ended the month with a 2 lb net loss.

Carol
Old 09-02-2011, 03:20 PM   #24  

Just a quick post, will try and get back later. Just got home from the gym. We have had two lookers and two callers about the rig! There is a large garage sale going on in our cul-de-sac and people are noticing the sign. That's working better than the online ads. If we end up taking on our son's house (or is it really ours?) we will need to sell it for sure I guess. Any tips on selling something like this? What do we need to do once someone decides to buy? We have never sold anything like this.

I didn't get all my work done yesterday so today is a big day plus the window guy is coming to measure.

Oh, BTW, 49 years ago, a very scared couple were about to get married. I can't believe how the years have flown by! But I have never for one moment regretted it!

Talk more later....
Old 09-02-2011, 04:18 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Happy Anniversary Mary!!

Be back later---
Old 09-02-2011, 08:48 PM   #26  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good evening GG's,

It has been a long day today, but a good one. Up at 4am to get my son to the airport. Yippee ~ success. I made the drive and made all the right turns and got him there on time. (He did help me sometimes to know which lane to get in.) I have always ridden along and some one else drove. I have come back from there several times by myself and found my way ok, but never had been the one to drive there. The interstate is stressful for me. I can do it and don't mind so much when I know which lane to be in and can make sure I get in the proper lane soon enough so that I don't end up somewhere where I am not supposed to be. But when I am unsure and the traffic is flying all around me, it stresses me out. Thank goodness we had to go before the height of rush hour.

WW this am ~ up .4 pounds. Could have been worse.

Did a bunch of puttery stuff at home today. Got my kitchen table unearthed Clutter piles tend to build up there after a while. I get it cleaned up and then slowly after time ~ get home ~ too tired, too busy to properly take care of the stuff and the clutter pile grows again. I got some other of the cluttered areas taken care of as well. I think that I did not want to get back from my trip to a house that was too messy.

My knees are so stiff and achy. My dr wants me to cut back on the Celebrex. I have been taking it for a few years now. Back along one of the other arthritis meds was taken off the market because so many people had bad effects from taking it. I was concerned and asked my dr if I should be concerned about the Celebrex (different dr than I have now) and she said that the benefits to me of taking it outweighed the risks. I originally took it twice a day, but somewhere along the line cut it back to once a day. I still sometimes felt stiff and always wondered if it was really helping. When the dr told me to cut back, I thought ~ well maybe if she is so concerned about it ~ I should just quit taking it all together. Oh my ~ there was the answer about rather it was really helping or not. I was so stiff and achy with out it. I started back taking it ~ but just every other day. It is a little better. After I have been moving around for a while it isn't so bad, but every time I sit and rest a few minutes, I stiffen up just that quick and when I get up I have to start with the stiffness and pain all over again. I wish the dr had just let me alone with that med.

Guess I will go ~ maybe I can get a couple more things done. Sorry to have whined about my aches and pains. Back to work tomorrow ~ 3 more days, the I get some vacation time. Yippee

Sorry I didn't get any personals done today. I had thought that when I went on my trip next week, that I would be able to keep up with you all ~ I can get 3FC and FB on my phone. But my son is up there now ~ he has the same cell phone service we have and he can't get any reception (they are sort of out in the country).

Hope you all have had a nice day.

Take care
Old 09-03-2011, 01:38 AM   #27  

Thanks for the Anniversary congrats here and on FB. It was a good day. The people who called about the Rig never did come to see it but we had a walk-in from the neighbors garage sale. He also lives not far from us. But he was only interested in the pickup and said he'd wait until the trailer sold and if the pickup was still there he might come back.

Our son says it will be a while before they can actually move (which I figured) so we will have time to prepare a bit at least. He has promised to give us at least 30 days and probably more notice which is helpful. He recognizes the mistake he has made moving into this house and away from his girls and i know he feels badly about what he has done to us but of course that does not help us. And he still does not understand how it is to have this happen at our ages. But I guess when you are young (36 next month) it is hard to understand that.

Tonight we went Outback Steakhouse. Not at all good for a dieter...but so good. I planned to eat 1/2 my steak and the salad, but ended up we sharing the bloomin' onion (the smell got to us as we entered), and I had a baked potato plus we shared a sampler dessert. So you can see the obvious bad but the good is I did only eat 1/2 my steak, had the dressing on the side and had very very little on my salad...I'm not a salad dressing fan anyway, and I had asked for the potato toppings on the side but sadly I used them all as they didn't give me as much as some restaurants do. Oh and I only had one very small slice of the bread with a little butter on it. The waiter gave us the sampler dessert free and I'm sure glad it was the sampler as it was still plenty big but oh, so good!! We shared it but to be honest I had the biggest share. I know I had way too many calories and carbs in this one meal but I hadn't eaten much otherwise today and I felt only pleasantly full when I left, but my dh said he felt stuffed. That man just can't handle much food anymore... Seriously I wish I were like him!

He was very tired when we got home but did get a nice rest in his recliner...know he was tired because no TV! His eyes were both droopy when we left the restaurant and the right one (double vision one) was almost closed!

Tomorrow back to my diet and I actually kinda look forward to it...still no time for personals...bed (and my dh) is calling me!
Old 09-03-2011, 02:10 AM   #28  
Happy to be here!

S/C/G: 256/246/190

Height: 5'11"

Hi GGs! Thanks for all the attagirls and the happy dancing! Tonight I signed onto a 1-month challenge. I'm going to commit to losing 7 lbs by the end of September to get out of the 240s. I am feeling so fantastic with my current eating plan; it has been so easy to stay OP that I think I can continue indefinitely.

I don't think I mentioned this before, but I have Type 2 diabetes. My blood sugar has leveled off, and my blood pressure is great.

Gayle, I have terrible arthritis in my left knee due to an old injury/surgery. I have also cut my Celebrex back to once every other day. Have you ever heard of the anti-inflammatory diet? If not, you might check it out. It really really works. The food plan I'm on now is compatible with it, so I am getting double benefits from behaving myself.

One of these days I'll feel comfortable enough with all of you to do personals. Right now, I'm just trying to keep track of you! Thank you for sharing your lives.

Hugs,
Fitchy

Old 09-03-2011, 08:31 AM   #29  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Fitchy ~ can you tell me more about that anti inflamatory diet? I am doing weight watchers right now ~ is it something that I could incorporate into that?

Thank you for the help/suggestion
Old 09-03-2011, 09:46 AM   #30  
Bobbi

Good Morning, just a quick fly by for me today. Glynne...I have the 'ritis boys' in my lower back and the same weird thing happens to me when I sit for a bit. I feel like an old, old cripple when first getting up but by the time I reach the kitchen the pain and stiffness is all gone.

Quote:
After I have been moving around for a while it isn't so bad, but every time I sit and rest a few minutes, I stiffen up just that quick and when I get up I have to start with the stiffness and pain all over again. I wish the dr had just let me alone with that med.
I've pretty much figured out why I was having all those migraine headaches popping up during the night. I'm allergic to something, either dust mites, Charlie's hair, or pollen. I sleep with the window wide open every night, or at least I used to. Now I have the window sealed, the bedroom door shut all the time and the air purifier running. I dust everything every morning, vacumn or use a dry dust mop under the bed and the dressers. It just amazes me that I'm still getting dust on the mop daily? But then we have fields on all four sides of our property, it's all sweet corn this year. After I settle the two MRI bills, I'm going to get tested for allergies, see what exactly is bothering me. As for the headaches, they are history. Sometimes I'll get a slight one during the day, our windows are open in the rest of the house.
Gosh, I didn't mean to write a story here, it was suppose to be a quick fly by.
Have a great week-end everyone!
Closed Thread