Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 09:12 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryea View Post
Just got word that my oldest bil (dh's brother) had a heart attack this morning. He is in the hospital and is stable now. So we are praying for complete recovery. He is 80.
Hi Mary,

So sorry to hear about your brother. I send my best wishes for him and for you.

Lynn
Old 11-04-2010, 09:55 PM   #47  

Maryea sry about your bril..thinking good thoughts for u and your family rosey
Old 11-05-2010, 08:41 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Good Morning, Everyone,

Strange coincidence – yesterday, I went to an Irish Genealogy meeting. The speaker was a man who had spent 5 months in Ireland during the 1960’s and wrote a book about it. The coincidence is that he also wrote a book about his sister dying from leukemia. As you know I’ve been getting more and more involved with the LLS (leukemia, lymphoma society). The book is EXTREMELY moving. I plan to see if I can hook him up as a speaker at one of the LLS events.

Rainy grey day here in PA. I did the bike at the gym this morning – brought my stuff for the water arthritis class, but didn’t feel so hot. Left after the bike. Waiting for the HVAC folks to come this morning – they never got here for their scheduled appt. earlier this week.

Tomorrow I am helping LLS set up for a local walking event & Sunday, I am meeting my sister for lunch.

Check back later,

Lynn
Old 11-05-2010, 09:56 AM   #49  

Good Morning everyone,

You should have seen the frost on the ground this morning! It looks like snow. Winter is rapidly aproaching. Not much going on here today. I'll go to Curves this evening for DDIL and I have to work all weekend.

Mary, Sorry to hear about your BIL. I hope he makes a full recovery.

Lynn, You are such a busy lady. Out and about and doing all sorts of fun stuff! You make me long for retirement.

Z, Are you feeling better? You've been sick for awhile. might be time to breakdown and go to the Dr.

Woodlilly, sorry about the health problems with the doggie. Most of us have pets here and consider them part of the family. Hope everything goes well for him.

Gayle, Come and talk all you want. That's what we're here for. I hope it helps with the eating. Sometimes you just need a distraction.

Donna, We're going to be getting some of that white fluffy stuff soon too. You can feel it in the air (and the weather man is predicting it).

Bobbi, I'm not as socially concious as you, I only hang some of my clothes outside. My bedding and throws, rugs. Very seldom clothes. I don't want to have to iron them. I remember my mom hanging clothes in the basement though. Or on the line in winter and we would take them off and they would be as stiff as a board.

Everyone I missed, hi! Hope things are going well for you,

Freda

Last edited by the slim me; 11-05-2010 at 10:03 AM.
Old 11-05-2010, 10:17 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Morning all....The weather people predicted a cold front thru here last night that is pushing Tomas out to sea and for once they were not only right but on time. It is 54 and considering it was 89 yesterday that is Hugh. Turned off a/c and slept wrapped up in my soft goodie. The weird sound you hear around 8pm was our electric meter screeching to a halt.

Mary....added your Bil to my prayers. Where does he live?

Zoe...Enough with the drippy/hacking/blahs it is almost the weekend. Can't be sick on your me time.

Freda....frost! Forgot about frosty mornings that the kids were always hoping was snow.

Rosie....I am already seeing pictures of you post op in my head. The waiting time before will be hard. I hate waiting. Instant gratification which is right now if not sooner.

My microwave is dying. Need a new one. It costs more to repair than replace. Now does that make sense??? I really want a smaller one but afraid that the 800KW or 900KW won't cook right. Any ideas?

Watched a show on sweet potatoes yesterday. Made mashed/pie/waffles. Gesh was hoping for something new. Or at least diet friendly. Off to bridge, hugs karen3

Last edited by Karen3; 11-05-2010 at 10:19 AM.
Old 11-05-2010, 10:56 AM   #51  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning, All...
I am BLAH today! My head is thinking of aching, and the thought of returning to the warmth of bed is strong! I have things to do, though, so the head ache will NOT materialize! I'm doing a bit of laundry and some other assorted domestic drudgery. Speaking of hanging clothes outside, I try to hang out everything except underwear, sheets, and towels. Sheets are too big and the towels come in stiff (why IS that?). It's getting to be too chilly to do that for long, though. It kills me to run the dryer, because I hate paying Xcel!

Mary, I'm thinking good thoughts for your BIL. I hope he does well. Keep us posted?

Rosey, you said you have to be on a severe diet for 14 days before the surgery... what is entailed with that? PT/Zoe, are you well and healthy yet?

Everyone, enough blather... hope you all have a good weekend! I miss Isabella, and I wish you all to be safe!
Old 11-05-2010, 02:38 PM   #52  

Morning everyone,, we had snow yesterday and it was still there this am. i think winter has arrived. I have an apt to see Dr Todd next wednesday. hes the final hurdel,he could say no! the restricted diet is protein 1st,portion control,no fats,30 grms carb,its what ive been following but i didnt always stick to the carb restrictions,i was eating more like 75 grm of carb aday..the purpose is to shrink your liver to make the surg easier,im not sure yet if i get the laproscopic surg or incision..the procedure im having is called the rny gastric bypass,they make my stomack small enuff to hold 2 to 4 oz and reroute the intestine to the smaller stomach pouch..you can find info on the net that explains it better..im counting on one that has great success with this..im determined to make it work for me..i see blue jeans and pretty undies in my future lol sounds vain doesnt it lol..im going to work on my xmas stuff today..it goes with the snow i think..ill check in later rosey
Old 11-05-2010, 04:40 PM   #53  

Height: 5'3"

Just got back from the dentist...went in for checkup and cleaning but in the process of cleaning, an old cavity fell out. It was old and there was also a little bit of decay starting so it was weakened by that. so I have to go back later on this afternoon to get it taken care of. Doesn't hurt.

Heard a little more about bil...he's stable but in a coma and on a ventilator so doesn't sound too good but there is still some hope and doctor is watching him over the weekend. He's in San Francisco. They found out he has high cholesterol. Many years ago he lost a lot of weight and since then has seemingly been healthy although in March when we were there I notice he didn't look quite as well. Appeared a little heavier and older is all. He has lots of family there. I don't know what we are going to do, just waiting for Joe to decide.

So happy for you Rosey! The thought of the new clothes gives you a nice goal! I'm sure I'd feel the same way.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:29 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello Ladies! It has been hectic around here the last few days! We went looking at new washers and dryers for the last few weeks, not to mention all the time I have been reviewing them on the internet, and finally decided to buy this set. Of course, now Tim says I need to wear a dress and heels and keep a smile on my face while singing happy songs when I do laundry!! He said that is what Mrs. Cleaver always did!! HA! This is the first time ever that I have had a brand new set...it has always been hand me downs and they have always worked. But I wanted a new set so bad that would handle our comforters and bedding without having to go to the laundromat. I'm really happy with them. Now I just have to learn all the goodies on them.

We are hoping that the weather is good this coming week. We are planning a quick trip to Colorado to see our oldest son out there. He has a "staffing", like a parent/teacher conference out there this coming week. They actually set goals for him for the coming year and see where he is with the goals from the past year that were set. Sometimes he does really good and sometimes they have to re-evaluate his goals. Like one of his goals this past year was to be able to walk more---he is mostly in a wheel chair right now. They keep this goal almost all the time even though I'm almost sure he will never be able to walk again without help. But this keeps his muscles working. I wish that he would be able to talk and tell us just what he thinks but he has never spoken ever. I'd love to know what he thinks. He seems happy all the time and loves his wheel chair and anything to do with doors!! I'm anxious to see him again. We did see him back in April but it sure seems like a long time ago.
So Donna, could you order up some really nice weather for us this next week??

Guess I'd better get going. I still have a comforter in the dryer and that needs to go on the bed tonight. We are supposed to get down to 31 tonight. That is the coldest it has been so far! I'm ready for Spring already!!

Have a great night.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_3525.jpg (22.4 KB, 2 views)
Old 11-05-2010, 10:42 PM   #55  

Hi everyone karen im so jealous i want a new set too,,lucky lady! when my girls were teens i was going to the laundromat..the girls would argue and bicker over whose socks where whose..one day i just had it..on the way home i stopped at an appliance store financed a set and had them delivered..didnt ask dh about it just did it..he worked off shore then on the oil rigs..he came home thursday nite and there they where sitting waiting to be installed we still laugh about it and im still using that original drier..that was back in 1987 lol that drier still works and its 23 yrs old..your son sounds like a gentel soul,have a safe trip rosey

Last edited by akrosey49; 11-06-2010 at 12:36 AM.
Old 11-06-2010, 08:26 AM   #56  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning!
We were up early today, opening deer hunting season. DH has been mentoring a 14 year old boy up the road, took him to gun classes, helped him purchase his first gun. He picked him up this morning for his 1st deer hunt. I said a little prayer for both of them, don't care if DH gets one but hopes the boy does. Cross your fingers girls!
Rosey...our dryer was over 25 years old and still worked before DH gave it to a needy family in our area, funny how appliances lasted so much longer in the olden days. And no gadgets on them either.
One last word from crabby Maxine: "Don't forget to turn your clock back. I'm going to turn mine back to when I was 20."
Old 11-06-2010, 11:09 AM   #57  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning, All...
Quick check-in........
So sorry, KarenMO.... nasty weather is forecast for next week, mostly 40s and 50s, with rain type stuff. Of course, the WeatherFools HAVE been known to be wrong! Whereabouts will you be?

Rosey, are you SURE you want a pretty little thong in a few months???? (oh, they sound uncomfortable!) You might give DH a heart attack!

PT/Zoe, everyone.... have a lovely weekend! Be safe!
Old 11-06-2010, 11:49 AM   #58  

Donna, we will be down in the Springs. Our son lives in a group home there. Actually there are three men on one side of a duplex and three women on the other side. I can't believe that he will be 38 in January. I don't know if I have ever posted pictures of him-- but this one is myself, Tim and Mike taken this past April.

Also some of you said you couldn't picture me with long hair--- ran across this picture (it was taken about 10 years ago) but it is of me and my Dad out on his patio. Just thought I would throw that in. BUT I did get my hair cut again!!

Well, need to get busy around here-- been goofing off here on the computer for most of the morning.. Catch you all later.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_2933.jpg (23.7 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 597.jpg (22.0 KB, 16 views)
Old 11-06-2010, 04:47 PM   #59  

Morning everyone, let it snow and it did ..hah hah jess no thongs i spend to much time getting panties out of there and wouldnt choose to where a pr that would be there on purpose but a pretty lacey bikini and matching bra i would wear..no one makes pretty undies for big ladies..karen what sweet pics,,im going to post my favorite xmas treats on the recipe section..ones for the finnish bisquit that id mentiones befor and tea time tassies,my moms best..these arenot lo callories but oh so yummy!bobbie hope your hubby successful,my sil got a nice buck when he was in minn bow hunting and brought back some chops for us..its so pretty out im sharing some pics,i have 15 bean soup simmering,its agood soup day (((hugs))) for all rosey
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 085.jpg (45.3 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 080.jpg (40.9 KB, 15 views)
Old 11-06-2010, 05:20 PM   #60  

Nice pictures Rosey.... I am thinking that we may just run in to some of that white stuff while we are in Colorado this coming week. I know when we lived out there on the back side of Pikes Peak we got a lot of snow---it is pretty but oh so cold!! We get snow here but not as much... but then we get the ice here. So far it hasn't been bad like it has in the past but I imagine we will get some of that too. 15 bean soup sounds good-- you should post that recipe too for us that are considered "challenged" when it comes to making new things.!!
Closed Thread