Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 04:18 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 294.5/276/190

Height: 5'2"

Hey everyone! Happy B-day Cathydoe (belated) welcome aboard.
Just got back from house sitting in Pinellas County. Was able to stay OP, but my blood sugar is uncontrolled. Happy news is I am loosing the water weight again. Got on scales at grocery store and it showed a loss.
Bad news my old chevy is back in the shop getting a new radiator. money woes. However replacing a radiator is cheaper that replacing the car. ...
Old 06-03-2010, 04:53 PM   #62  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello all. Welcome to the newbies!

Cathydoe Happy Belated Birthday.

Have a blessed day all!!
Old 06-04-2010, 01:04 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 178/164/140

Height: 5'5"

Hello all,
I went to DL and had too much of a good time. Got home and it just got crazy. To many things to keep us busy.

The twins graduated from 8th grade yesterday, so they're out for summer.
I'm trying to talk them into coming to gma's and sand some wood, but I don't think it's working. LOL

Will get the trailer ready next week for a few days at the beach.

I think I gained a couple pounds from DL....darn those great ice cream waffle cones!!! So am trying to be good and see if I can lose them....again!

So nice to see the new posts. Everyone has such interesting things to talk about.

Suppose to be warm today, but I'm inside and painting, so it's ok. I worked for a few hours on Monday while the weather was beautiful, digging up iris bulbs. They were taking over the planter!

Every one have a wonderful day!!
Carol
Old 06-04-2010, 01:45 PM   #64  

Okay time to come clean....
I disappeared for a few weeks because I have met someone. this is a new relationship and I am having a fun scary time dating after age 60. I had to process some stuff and used food for comfort. whew.
Old 06-04-2010, 02:36 PM   #65  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

S/C/G: 270/254.4/Healthy

Height: 5 feet Tall

Thank you all for the warm welcome and the birthday wishes. My birthday was May 31st but my dh is throwing a party for me tomorrow night. We aren't much of party people so it will be more like an open house from 7 until 10. I wish you all could come !!
Old 06-04-2010, 09:34 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Hi Everyone,

Just a flyby. Not feeling much better. Developed a rash... not sure where that came from.

to all you newbies. Glad you're hear.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Old 06-04-2010, 10:51 PM   #67  

Trish -- rash from weather change? usually I get them when gets hot (prickly heat) rash could also be symptom (ya don't have measles do you?) regardless, feel better and glad the board is getting active again.
Old 06-05-2010, 11:36 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 220/204/150

Height: 5'7"

Just a fly-by for me as well. Going on vacation in a week and I have a million things to do inside and out. The worst is programming that darn water timer for my vegetable garden. It aggravates me to no end. It's old so maybe it's time to upgrade?

Haven't been OP as much as I should but with being busy and working in the yard at least I'm maintaining . I also decided to branch out my flowering cacti type and start changing over to all plastic pots (couldn't have picked a worse time really). A bunch of plants came in the mail that I have to pot up and I have to get them all outside before I go. So my addictive personality has switched gears from weight loss to hobby.

The turtles were happy to be put outside. I planted a lot of new things in their pen. No cactus of course!

Enjoy reading about you all, except for all you folks that are suffering from rashes or sprains . I don't know how I manage to stay in one piece (knock on wood) since I'm constantly tripping/falling in the garden .

Have a wonderful day! You all help me just by sharing your lifes.

Doris
Old 06-05-2010, 11:41 AM   #69  

Hi all. My daily chat is turning into a weekly one, but I am still around and still learning the IE way of reaching a healthy weight. I am only weighing weekly or less now, and was happy to see 2 more pound off. 4 is not a huge number, but since I am doing it without weighing, measuirng, counting, I am happy and relieved to see it move down.

I have been enjoying water aerobics and our little home pool for exercise lately and a few walks with the dogs. We've been eating more salad and grilling more. I'm looking forward to a healthy summer.

Old 06-05-2010, 04:57 PM   #70  

Got on the scales today and the water weight is gone! Happy about the new relationship and that is speeding up my metabolism (I think). Am in love with the universe right now. Hope all is well with y'all, and those of you with aches and pains are healing
Old 06-05-2010, 07:27 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 278/257/165

Height: 5' 8"

Hi everyone. Although I don't know you yet, I enjoy reading about your daily lives and your victories/defeats/struggles/comebacks re. your weight.

We had some powerful storms come through our small northeastern town early last evening. It brought downs trees and branches. One of my friends had a tree land on their porch, but it caused minimal damage. Of course, that still leaves the tree to cut up and dispose of.

I got sick over Memorial day with something called costochondritis. It's an inflammation of the musles of the chest wall. Hurts to breathe. So, I took a trip to the ER. Yesterday I had a bout of diverticulitis. I only tell you these things because I am now down 7 or 8 pounds from my starting weight.

Hey...I'll take it.

I feel like I've been staying so close to home for months now with no real summer plans. But that is mainly because I'm saving money for a house, if at all possible, later this year. Have a lease on this apartment that doesn't expire until the end of January, so no real house-hunting yet.

see you later,
MissNibs
Old 06-06-2010, 01:38 PM   #72  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Hello all. Just a quick note for me too! The scale is much better, of course that was before we went to Biloxi overnight to see Bill Engvall, he of course was awesome, first time we went to a live comedy show, we are not much for concerts and the like, and then this friday we are getting off work early to go and see Jeff Dunham, but that is in new orleans,so we wont have to go and stay anyplace so that should help with the eating. Have a blessed day!! Tammy
Old 06-07-2010, 10:47 AM   #73  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Yowza, lots going on here! Sounds like most of you are having some summer fun, and staying busy. Rather than do individuals, I will have to start from here, and then catch up, lol.

I had a great weekend with the family, and now it's back to reality. I'm totally distracted, though, by trying to narrow down some Florida rentals for our vacation next year. If I could design my own place, that would be great, lol.

I'm doing fine with being OP. So far, I've lost 23.6 pounds, and I'm hoping I can take off 1.4 this week to make an even 25 pounds gone. (doublful, but I am going to TRY!) All of the fresh veggies in the garden are so yummy!

Toodles for now,
Old 06-07-2010, 11:19 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicpanda View Post
Trish -- rash from weather change? usually I get them when gets hot (prickly heat) rash could also be symptom (ya don't have measles do you?) regardless, feel better and glad the board is getting active again.
I'm not sure. I have had measles, and almost all the childhood diseases. I thought of heat at first since I had been outside and sweated a lot. When I came in the house, I looked like had been in the sun for hours I was so red in the face and arms, but it is splotchy and just on my right arm. The strange thing is that it looks like burn blisters as it starts healing, it hasn't spread anywhere else and it does not itch. Very confusing, not like any rash I've ever had before. I've been keeping it clean and have been putting cornstarch on it. Until today I've been hitting the Benadryl every 4 hrs too. I stopped the Benadryl because am going to the doctor tomorrow and Benadryl makes me want to sleep all day. I hope he will be able to tell me. I've needed a Primary doctor and haven't had one since we moved here because I didn't like the people where DH goes. He and I both have appts with this new doctor and he will become our Primary.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:34 AM   #75  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning Ladies,

I had a very pleasant weekend at the shore, but wish it could have lasted another few days. Carley's dance class put on a flawless Irish step dance performance at the Celtic Festival, and got a standing ovation from the audience. The girls looked so cute in their costumes, but I know they were hot and sweaty in their velvet tunics. We went straight back to the hotel afterwards and played in the pool the rest of the afternoon. I think that was the highlight of the entire trip for Carley, lol!

Today it's back to work, but I can't complain since I only have a 3-day workweek. I know Cindy has polo today so I probably won't get home tonight until close to 8pm. The girls' last day of school is next Friday, and I'm looking forward to having them home with me all day.
Closed Thread