Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 08:03 AM   #106  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Theresa... I thought of you yesterday morning in the produce section of the grocery store, I saw mini carrots on sale and decided to copy you and eat some for breakfast. I'll probably have to have some dip for mine and it's garlic too! DH won't want a morning kiss from me!
Old 05-20-2007, 10:05 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Today -

I just got a call from friend. We are going to a concert this afternoon & she wants us to stop at Italian restaurant afterward for dinner. I am going down there - while I am NOT hungry - getting the menu - and deciding what I will order for dinner.

Plan for today -
Breakfast (already eaten)
pita, egg, blueberries

Lunch
turkey, mayo, ww pita (small)

Dinner
I'll let you know after I look at the menu.

Lynn
Old 05-21-2007, 08:27 AM   #108  
Bobbi

Good Morning Girls!

Sunday's Journal:
Calories...1,208
Fiber... 38 grams
Water... 8 glasses (8 oz.)
Exercise...None.
Fun... Visiting old friends at Chruch and family in the afternoon.

Breakfast:
Vitamins/Fish Oils
Fiber One, dry
Rhubarb Sauce with FF Cool Whip

Lunch:
Turkey Breast on 2 slices lo cal Bun

Afternoon: Lots of coffee and 1 small slice Almond pound cake.

Supper:
6 oz. Elk Roast
6 oz. au juice
Roasted Carrots
Fresh Aspargus with lemon pepper.
Chocolate SF pudding with FF cool whip. (I made the kind you cook and used "original soy milk" instead of skim milk. The soy milk only has 50 calories per 8 oz. and it lowers the calories by quite a bit. )
2 cups soy milk=100 calories
2 cups skim milk=160 calories
It doesn't work well with instant pudding, too soupy.

Evening snack:
Kettle Corn (100 cal bag)
8 oz. skim milk
Almonds (30)
More Rhubarb Sauce and Cool whip
Old 05-21-2007, 09:02 AM   #109  

S/C/G: 184/see ticker/130

Height: 5 ft.

Morning, everyone!
Just back from Curves. and When I got home I did 50 Crunches on the Ab Lounge. will do more later today. I hope to walk a little and get on the elliptical also.

Bobby,
Those carrots... I buy a big bag of 3 pounds every 2-2/12 weeks.
I have been eating about 3-4 oz. every day.
I am not sure If its a big benifit, but it is a good bulk item. fat free, fiber. Healthy carbs.

sunday's menu.
Breakfast:
Fiber one clusters, later...
1 cup fat free yogert. with strawberries and a banana cut up in it. sprinkled Fiber sure on that.

Lunch:
1 cup Progresso soup, Ham on Roman Meal-1 slice.
and 15 Kashi Crackers with a string cheese.

Dinner:
Large salad, 1 cup Cauliflower, 1/2 serving w.w. mac and cheese. and 1 piece of flounder, breaded and fried in pam.

12 glasses of water.

snack: Pink stuff. Yummy!

No excersise!
fun. spent time with hubby and his parents.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:01 PM   #110  
Bobbi

Lynn & Theresa, Where did everyone go?
Old 05-21-2007, 08:31 PM   #111  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Hey Bobbi, I'm here. I think I ate too much fiber earlier today - y'know those two (inside) bags that Fiber One cereal comes in? Well, I brought one of those to work with me - nearly full, with maybe a cup or so missing out of it. Had some cut-up strawberries, some seedless red grapes and a banana for my breakfast/snack. I ate all the fruit, and was just eating the Fiber One out of the bag as I was working. Drank a couple of cups of coffee, and then switched to water. Was kind of surprised when lunchtime came, and I'd managed to finish off that entire bag of Fiber One. Too much, right??? Had some roast beef left over from yesterday's dinner with mustard on a piece of 50-calorie multi-grain flatbread for lunch. Felt okay until half-way home, at which point my stomach started hurting...not like any kind of stomach ache I've ever had before. It felt SORE, like I'd over-exercised it or something (except I didn't DO any exercise). Had to stop at the market, and it felt somewhat better when I got out of the car and was walking a bit, and then I just told myself that it was gas and would go away - and went out for my bike ride like usual. I had put some chicken & sweet potatoes in the oven to bake while I was riding. AND, I was pretty much okay on the bike, but once I got home and came in the house, my stomach felt real bad again. I told DH when to take the food out of the oven and went and laid down for awhile, but that didn't seem to help much, either. Came out to the kitchen to make myself some tea, and decided to eat some chicken and potato. (Maybe thinking to push the fiber through??? ) I felt hungry, tho. Feeling a little bit better now, sipping at water, burped a coupla dozen times
I was wondering earlier where everybody is. I usually check in a few times a day, but don't post again (after morning) if nobody else is around.
You know what's weird? Some people seem to be eating quite a bit, but others really don't seem to eat much at all. I don't exactly know where I fall in that spectrum. It's confusing, eh?

Well, I pretty much said what I ate today, and my exercise was bike riding. Fun? Burping. (Makes me feel better, anyway )

Have a good night,

Ella
Old 05-21-2007, 09:11 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

I am swamped with grading papers and patting people's virtual heads as they cry on my virtual shoulder about why they can't do what they need to do to get an "A" and why they should get one anyway. ARGHHHHHH

Tomorrow -
Fun - Going scrapping
Exercise - Going walking with a friend after dinner
Eating -
Breakfast
Kashi granola bar

Lunch -
Egg, Mayo, 2 sl lt ww brd
Salad
Dressing

Dinner -
Hamburger and Salad

After dinner snack -
yogurt & peanutbutter
Old 05-21-2007, 09:13 PM   #113  
Bobbi

One bag (1/2 box) is 8 oz. or 8 servings. If one cup was gone you probably ate 6 servings @ 14 grams = 84 grams plus any other fiber you had in other foods. Yah, that's a lot of fiber. My doctor said all the fiber I was eating was excellent but to be sure to drink lots of water with it or it'll constipate/block you up. Drink lots of water until bedtime! Good Luck!
Old 05-22-2007, 07:40 AM   #114  

Hi Girls

Ella, hugs to you.
I have had those days. Hope you feel better very soon.
That is one reason I drink huge amounts of water. Much more than the recomended amounts.
I am finding that if I keep my fiber around 40 ish. that I feel better. If I eat as Much as Bobby, I don't move. Ouch!

Mondays food.

Breakfast:
Fiber one clusters cereal,
snack, 2 nd breakfast: egg beaters, 2% cheddar and ham on a tortilla.(breakfast to go)
carrots

Lunch:tuna salad on whole wheat, salad, salsa and 14 chips. strawberries.

Dinner: Turkey lean cuisine and 1.5 cup broc/cauliflower. pink stuff for dessert.
snack: 1 slice whole wheat toast with pb
Only got 11 glasses of water. very busy day.

OH I have upped my calories for a few days.
1699 for yesterday.
fiber was 41.
I Was feeling tired and not loosing anymore. will see what happens.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:20 AM   #115  
Bobbi

Good Morning!
Ella, I've been concerned about you! How are you this morning? I second Theresa's hugs.
Quote:
Ella, hugs to you.
I have had those days. Hope you feel better very soon.
That is one reason I drink huge amounts of water. Much more than the recomended amounts.
I am finding that if I keep my fiber around 40 ish. that I feel better. If I eat as Much as Bobby, I don't move. Ouch!
I have always eaten lots of fiber and on occasions eaten 80 some grams a day and never had any bad side effects from it. Ella... I can just picture you munching on it while at work and not paying any attention to how much you eat. It is good dry! Let us know how things turned out.

Monday's Journal
Calories...1,214
Fiber...58 grams
Water...8 glasses
Exercise...Fitness Center
Fun...Planted the last of my annuals, some of my perenials are starting to bloom, will get my camera out today and post some later.

Breakfast:
Vitamins/Fish Oils
Fiber One, dry
Rhubarb Pineapple Squares topped with ff cool whip and another serving Fiber One sprinkled on top.

Lunch:
2 slice lo cal toast, 1 slice ff cheddar cheese and red pepper flakes melted together.
Apple
100 cal pack Lorna Doone cookies

Snack: Flat Out sprayed with Pam, Cinnamon and Splenda and toasted, spread with Chocolate pudding and ff cool whip

Supper:
Elk cubes(3.75oz) and cheese omelet made with 4 egg whites, Salsa and 2 lo cal toast
More Rhubarb Pineapple Squares with ff cool whip

Evening snack:
Kettle corn and 8 oz glass of skim milk

We are getting soooooooo many brown eggs from our 6 chickens, always do in the summer so we eat lots of omelets. The Rhubarb Pineapple squares is a recipe I fumbled thru yesterday. I cooked about 18 oz. of fresh rhubarb in about 1 cup of water. (Next time I'll use 1/2 cup water). In the microwave I zapped 1 cup of water, then added a box of sugar free lemon Jell-0 to dissolve. That could be cut back to 1/2 cup of water too. I mixed the dissolved jell-0 into the cooked rhubarb, added one small individual serving of pineapple tidbits (juice and all) into it and put in a covered container. This turned out delicious, could have been firmer. It is firm enough to hold when cut into 6 serving (33 calories per serving) but next time I'll cut back on the water. I didn't think about all the water the rhubarb would release while cooking, by the way if you do try this, don't over cook the rhubarb. It only takes a couple of minutes once the water start to boil. Try it with strawberry jell-0 and some fresh strawberries, rhubarb and strawberries are great together. I haven't tried this yet since I don't have any strawberries yet.

I'm burning sunlight, gotta go.
Bobbi
Old 05-22-2007, 10:08 AM   #116  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

[QUOTE=Bobbolink;1704387]Good Morning!
Ella, I've been concerned about you! How are you this morning? I second Theresa's hugs. I have always eaten lots of fiber and on occasions eaten 80 some grams a day and never had any bad side effects from it. Ella... I can just picture you munching on it while at work and not paying any attention to how much you eat. It is good dry! Let us know how things turned out.

Bobbi and Theresa - Thanks SO much for the concern, the hugs, the advice - everything! I am SO glad I found you folks!!!! It was a little awkward explaining to DH what I thought was wrong (too much fiber - some clogging of the pipes, so to speak) with him asking did I move my...well, you know what I'm talking about - I had to say, "Ummm. Let's not discuss this, okay???" i took Gas-X last night and managed to get to sleep although I wasn't real comfortable. Up this morning, a big cup of black coffee (which usually gets things moving, yanno?) and...nothing. Finally, I get to work, drink MORE coffee, eat an orange and some strawberries and a half hour or so later....<sigh>. Suffice it to say everything's okay now. I won't do THAT again in a hurry, let me tell you! But, being able to tell YOU what was happening and hearing back from you was a HUGE, HUGE help! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I think I'll eat a little less fiber today.

That rhubarb recipe sounds soooooo good, Bobbi!!!! Of course ALL your recipes do. I have a little time usually on weekends to experiment, and plan to do so - not this weekend, because we're going to be away at a friend's wedding, but probably the following weekend.

I'll have to post my meals and stuff later today; I just really wanted to thank you two....

Enjoy your sunshiny day, Bobbi, and keep up the good work, Theresa - you're doing great! We'll see how upping those calories works for you. I've been really afraid to do that, myself, so you're braver than me

TTFN,

Ella
Old 05-23-2007, 07:04 AM   #117  

For Tuesday:

Breakfast: fiber one honey clusters, 1 banana and 1/2 c. sliced strawberries with 1 c. fat free yogurt.

snack: carrots, 1 oz ham with string cheese.

Lunch: Tuna salad sandwich, roman meal bread. Large salad, 1/2 serving chips and salsa.

Dinner: chicken stir fry, sweet Peas, with peaches, strawberries and yogurt.
snack: Kashi cereal bar
12 glasses of water
46 g. fiber.

For exercises, Curves, Walked 15 min. Did elliptical 10 min.

fun, Visited with my old boss (and good friend. )
Old 05-23-2007, 12:14 PM   #118  
Bobbi

Good Morning!
Tuesday's Journal:
Calories...1,221
Fiber... 67 grams
Water... 11 glasses
Exercise...Same as I'll be doing all week, running up & down basement stairs with "stuff" for rummage sale.
Fun... Having a one-sided converstation with my beloved hens.

Breakfast:
Vitamins/Fish Oil
Fiber One, dry
Pumpkin Dessert w/ff Cool whip, SF Maple syrup and dry Fiber One.

Lunch:
Baby carrots
FF Hot dog
Lo cal bun
mustard/dill relish

Snack:
Toasted Flat Out spread with chocolate pudding and cool whip

Supper: Taco made with 4 oz. Elk Burger
lettuce, tomato, ff sour cream, onions, salsa, rolled into a Flat Out.

Evening snack:
Kettle Corn
8 oz. skim milk
2 serving of Rhubarb Pineapple squares and ff cool whip
Old 05-23-2007, 10:36 PM   #119  

Food for today,

Breakfast: Fiber one honey cluster, 1 serving of egg beater w/2% cheddar and 1 oz. ham off the bone (deli ham, the best)
Snack: Carrots

Lunch: Tuna salad on 2 slices of Roman meal bread And a large salad with tomatoes, kidney beans and Mandarin oranges. And Ken's Sun dried tomatoes Salad dressing, very yummy.

Snack: Strawberries and Peaches with fat free Dannon.

Dinner: Chicken Stir fry, with added sweet peas and red kidney beans.
pink stuff.
snack: Banana and 1 pc. Dove chocolate.
12 glasses of water.
54 gr. fiber
1597 calories

Exercises: Curves, 3rd day this week.
Treadmill 15 min.
Elliptical 6 min.
75 crunches on The Ab Lounge.

Fun...mmm watched one of my favorite TV shows. read a little.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:52 AM   #120  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Psst psst ... it's Bobbolinks birthday
Closed Thread