Old 02-24-2013, 12:54 PM   #106  

S/C/G: BF% 37.6/see sig/BF20%

Height: 5' 9"

Newleaf: I overthink stuff, too. Then I overthink if I am overthinking the overthinking! We're just thorough, that's all!

My thoughts: Doubtful that you are losing muscle that fast! But - muscles tend to hold onto water, especially when you are lifting weights. If I lift heavier (like yesterday) - I am up a half pound the next day. So ---maybe after not lifting/exercising - your body has decided to let some water go since the muscles don't need it as badly. Fancy way to say...water weight! I read somewhere that if you lose/gain more than half lb in a normal day, chances are it is just water weight fluctuations. Oh - and way to go on the uber-great cholesterol!
2FatCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:15 PM   #107  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Water weight!! I never thought of that!! I typically associate gaining water weight with eating a really salty meal, and then losing the water weight by drinking lots and lots of water to flush it. So this "not lifting" scenario doesn't fit my mental model at all. But I bet you are right!! Awesome!! Thanks!!
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:39 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

NewLeaf, 2fatcat is right.......lifting does stuff to the water weight composition to your body....has to do with glycolysis or some stuff like that (forgot all that from my AFAA exam).....

I hate to sound like Freud...but there may be some kind of psychological reason for you not embracing your weight loss...I know that I was purposely holding on to my weight because of traumatic events....I hid behind my fat the way I hid behind clothes that were always bigger than I was. I was in my twenties and dressing like I was 75. I'm not saying this is what your problem was, but don't be afraid..celebrate your weight loss, you worked hard for it!!!!
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:11 PM   #109  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Height: 5'3"

Sunday: 1350 calories(writing this now so I don't eat any more!), 5.6 mi run(go, me!!), .8 mi warmup walk

So, so sick of this weather! Cold, damp, dreary, rain, snow. Ran outside for the first time in weeks..it was cold and damp, but bearable.

newleaf, the water theory makes sense to me, and I've spoken with other people who had the same experience of losing weight when they stopped working out. I doubt you've lost muscle, but I don't think it takes much more than 2 or 3 weeks before that does start to happen.

sum, BOO TOM!

zumba, don't be so hard on yourself, you're still here fighting..look at all the positive choices you did make at dinner. I can't wait to hear about the jobs..so exciting!
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:56 AM   #110  
Heidi

Sw 163.1
Cw 159.4
Gw 158.x
Old 02-25-2013, 09:20 AM   #111  

Nat: definitely was a dreary weekend, but today the sun is shining and the birds are singing.....I'm psyched to put in a good week and soak up some of that vitamin D...good for you for running outside......I wish I had the gusto to do that but I don't......theres a mud run in riverhead in May that I want to do.....but I can't run so that could be a problem...LOL...
Old 02-25-2013, 09:36 AM   #112  

Good morning all...it is a new week and a full moon...not sure if that is good or bad but one can only hope.

I feel very motivated today to get with the program. I'm going to cross fit tonight which is supposed to be a killer workout....I"m scared....I hope that I don't make a fool out of myself......its the beginners class...

right now I have to go to my Zumba classes....

Upping the protein and tryng once again to lose the weight the low carb way...no sugar....water water water!!!!!! So tired of feeling sorry for myself....I was starting to believe that for whatever reason it is impossible for me to lose weight.....too old, perimenopausal, hormonally off balanced....cortisol infused.....then my friend Cassie sent me a pic of herself, she is over sixty and has muscles....I can't blame age on how I look, I need to own it...I let myself go.....I let emotions and stress destroy me....but I won't let that happen anymore....

And I have all you chicks to help me get back to where I need to be!!

Have to get ready for my classes....later chicas!! Everyone have a great day.....Lets wear green and have a green beer on St Paddy's day being a little smaller, a lot healthier and happier!!!
Old 02-25-2013, 11:18 AM   #113  
Onward & Downward

Well yesterday was bad eating wise. Saturday was decent save for the anniversary cake I had (but oh soooo worth it yum!). Had another piece of the German chocolate cake yesterday with breakfast. Last night I gave in to corn dogs but stuck with wheat thins reduced calorie and not fries at least and relatively low cal pudding vs. ice cream. So today back to behaving, lol... It will be interesting to see what the scale says in the morning. I'm hoping for same as last week but if not oh well. Ha ha next Tuesday I'm sure won't be after Vegas.

Come on Zumba, Nat, Newleaf, 2Fatcats, NEMom, Sum, Curley, Keilij, Guac, Jennifer and all the rest of you we can do it!! Think thin!! Lol. Have a great day everyone!!

Last edited by LuvCats; 02-25-2013 at 11:21 AM.
LuvCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:00 PM   #114  
Heidi

Went back to the gym today for the first time in 2 weeks; felt GREAT to be back!! Although, I definitely lost strength in that amount of time. I moved down 5 pounds in the dumb bells that I use. But it's okay. I'm in it for the long haul. Plus, when I go to Patagonia, that will be 14 days of no arm exercises so I'm sure I'll be pretty much starting over when I get back. Hopefully I'll come back with stronger legs, though, and better fitness. 84 miles of hiking in 7 days? I better...
Old 02-25-2013, 08:40 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 204/166/145

Height: 5'4"

DH and I walked the dogs almost 2 miles tonight. Hopefully we wil get back in the habit of doing tis regularly. It felt great to get some exercise.
Jennifer1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:44 AM   #116  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Monday: 1465 calories, 35 min stairclimbing

Was feeling really beat last night, so I skipped the gym. Still tired today and my throat is scratchy..hope I'm not coming down with something. And still no sign of TOM, which is weird.

Jennifer, that sounds like fun!

newleaf, great job getting back. I HAVE to start working on my strength training again..I keep putting it off

luv, hope your weigh-in went well. I'm a chicken, I usually avoid the scale for a few days after eating anything off-plan

zumba, it's definitely harder, but we're way too young to give up! I was reading a thread the other day..one of the women on it was 86 and still posting until recently, and maintaining her weight at 130 lbs. A cancer survivor, too. We can do this!
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:50 AM   #117  

Natamars: try and nip that cold in the bud before it starts...it may also be an allergy thing, I know my eyes have been scratchy and I'm sneezy....you can't get sick now, Ain't nobody got time for that!!!

Jennifer: I wish I had a dog so it would FORCE me to go out and walk them...it is good for the dog and for you!!!!! The fact that you can do it with your husband is just the icing, because conversation makes the walk go faster, eh?

Newleaf: I love hiking and I think what you have planned sounds awesome...congrats for being back at the gym!!!

Luvcats: no way could i ever pass on cake or corn dogs....good for you for indulinging, you had something to celebrate and that is what those foods are for.....now bag on the wagon with you missy!
Old 02-26-2013, 07:56 AM   #118  

Hey all, went to cross fit last night...it was a killer workout . I felt so out of place there with all these muscle girls, and i had on baggy schleppy crunchy pants I wear to go hiking instead of the cute gym clothes I own but refuse to wear now....the instructor helped me so much, especially with pull ups....OMG it was comical!! But i"m going to keep going. I also got a big tub of protienzyne to have as a meal replacement....I asked my body building friend which ones taste the best and she recommended this one and this flavor...it is very low carb and low fat...

All and all i'm really psyched about this, thinking about signing up for a mud race but not sure if I have enough time to train. Also the man friend I have currently (blush^^^) wants to work out with me and do the race with me....I'm a bit intimidated by that but at the same time think it is great to have met someone that has some of the same interests as me and wants to do cool stuff with me, not just sit around and drink.

I dropped a bit in on the scale..finally!!! For a while there I was getting worried that it wasn't physically possible....not a huge swoosh but it will do...I think drinking more water yesterday helped.....I also kept my calories on the low end as well as carbs. Gotta keep going.....")
Old 02-26-2013, 08:23 AM   #119  
Heidi

Sw 163.1
Cw 161.7
Gw 158.x

Water weight?? Or jelly bean weight??? Hmmm, I'm thinking a combination of the 2. Back to work... I guess this is where I prefer to be -- in a position of working my way down. These random fast drops make me giddy and make me feel out of control. Minds are weird things.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:32 AM   #120  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

I haven't checked in for a while. No loss on the scale even had a gain due to overeating this weekend.
Hit the reset button this week. I have decided to try some calorie cycling to see if I can jump start my weight loss. Yesterday I did the C25K program and ate about 1250 calories. Today was an easier workout and I my goal is to keep my calories between 800-900 calories. Wish me luck as I have never kept my calories that low before. I have already talked to my DH about dinner do I know I will be eating low cal high protein for dinner tonight.
This may be a stupid question but is drinking sugar free iced tea the same as water? For the past 6 months or so I have switched to drinking iced tea at work in place of my water because I thought I read on hear it was the same?? I wonder if this is true? I get sick of water so decided to force myself to drink water before tea just to see if there is a difference. Opinions????
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote