Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 08:45 AM   #16  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Wow, lots of new people! That's so great! Welcome to all!

TechAlum: I have a chemical engineering degree, but I work in insurance marketing... go figure! I don't know how you are supposed to know what you really want to do in life when you're 18, coming out of high school. Back in the day, if you were good at science and math and you were female, engineering was the big push.

Littlerozzee: You freaked me out a little bit there! I saw the avatar and the name and wondered if I really did have a new puppy. Ha!

Renee: I've seen some of your posts on the 100+ site. Glad you're over here, too! I can relate to what you say about how you look, but honestly, we just have to keep working at it. To me, there isn't an option. Even though I am in a current slacker status, I try to take it one day at a time until I get back on a roll!

Lovn: I saw some of the flooding on TV. Nasty stuff! Stay safe!

Clyde: Did we really have platform boots? Oh yes, we did!

I had a good weekend. As usual, I didn't get done everything I wanted to get done, but that's typical. I've got the kids geared up for some projects to do this week since they don't have any camps. We'll see how they do. They want to make some money, so I've given them some ideas on what to do.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:00 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 162/147/135

Height: 5'2"

Hello all I'm Violet. I had introduced myself on the other 40's chat right before the crash, so I thought that I should introduce myself again. I am 40 and am a work from home mom. I have two teens, DS is 18 and DD is 14. They are the reason that I work from home!! The past year has been a roller coaster with the two of them, one is the angel child and the other the then they switch roles. I am lucky enough to have the support of my hubby, we have been married for 20 years this year!

Right now, I am calorie counting and exercising daily. I had started out just exercising and at first that really worked. But then my body plateaued and I started calorie counting. It was amazing to see how much I was eating and now I am learning to eat better for less calories.

Enough about me, I am really looking forward to getting to know everyone. I have enjoyed reading everyone's posts this morning. You are all amazing!
Old 06-09-2008, 12:14 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

I took many shots of the flooding in my area this morning.

The first is a picture of the bike trail I walk or ride nearly every day.

The second is actually part of the golf course that's located next door to me. When I took the picture I was standing on the hwy less than a tenth of a mile from my home. My house sits to the left at the base of the bluff you see in the pic.

The third is the bridge that would've been directly behind me when I took photo number 2. There is usually enough head space under the bridge that kids fish from under it.

You see why I feel so fortunate. The sump pump in my basement has been running every 2-3 minutes for more than 48 hours now. Each time it runs it empties approximately 5 gallons of water. Had we lost power or the pump had failed for any reason we surely would have been a wash. Of course there are no summer schools or summer rec practices or anything for today. I live in Juneau county. Juneau, Vernon and Sauk all border each other and we've all been deemed "a state of disaster."
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0530.jpg (27.8 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0522.jpg (26.5 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0514.jpg (26.4 KB, 61 views)

Last edited by lovnmom; 06-09-2008 at 12:25 PM.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:26 PM   #19  

Welcome Violet. This is a great site post. A lot of support and caring here!!!
Old 06-09-2008, 01:52 PM   #20  
Donna

Hello All,

Well I have one day on program under my belt But today I think is going to be hard. I took DH in for some tests today and the news does not look good so now I just want to curl up with a bottle of wine and a bag of chips and stress eat/drink. But I'm not gonna. Maybe if I can breathe a little later I'll take the dog for a walk. It is so hot and muggy out right now I can't believe it's only June. It's supposed to be better later in the week, so hopefully wed I can get in a good ride. I haven't ridden in a week because it's been so ichy out. No way I could live down south!

Lovn - Thanks for the welcome. Pretty scary when the water comes that close isn't it. that you keep power and pump.

Slashnl - yup that's pretty much what happened. Plus the school was in state and 5 hrs from home.....but that's another story. I know a lot of people in the same boat.

Renee - wow! You have been thru a lot. Is your puppy a yellow lab? Did you name him after the book? One of our dog's is a 13.5 yo golden retriever and I'm not sure how much longer we'll have him with us. He's doing well for his age but man he's getting worse in the last year.

Photo - Hope you're feeling better . Insurance companies can be a real pain can't they.

Clyde - now you've got that song running thru my head

littlrozzie- I'm a repeat offender too. This time we'll make it! (well I've gotta go back first )

Mets - happy belated b-day!

Well, I should probably do something constructive. Have a great day everyone.

-Tech

Last edited by TechAlum; 06-09-2008 at 01:53 PM.
Old 06-09-2008, 05:37 PM   #21  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Afternoon girls.

Well my middle daughter has tonsilitis and feels like . she's on antibiotics and looks pretty awful. So I've been administering to her today. she's really miserable.

Lovn it looks pretty bad up where you are. I hope you haven't had to evacuate fingers crossed.

Hello again Violet.

Tech sorry to hear about the bad news you received today. I hope things get better for you and your husband.

Mets you kept that quiet about your birthday

Did you do anything nice?

I'm going to a potluck leaving luncheon tomorrow at the place I volunteer. I have made cucumber salad and will make sweet and spicy meatballs in the morning. There's going to be a lot of food hopefully most of it will be heathyish. A little piece of each dish should be enough.
Old 06-09-2008, 08:00 PM   #22  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/125ish

Height: 5'2''

Thanks for the great welcome!!!!

Marley is a black lab - and yea - I read the book lol. Its so hard to loose a pet, I cried like I lost my best friend - and then blamed myself for not doing more - sigh...but i know it was his time.

The flooding looks scarey! couold you imagine needing medical attention and not being aboe to get help!!! Scarey

So far today has been an on plan day!!! yea!!!! And I have planned a snakc for tonight so Im ready for the muchies attack!
Old 06-09-2008, 08:33 PM   #23  

TechAlum, I hope you hung in there. I know it can be difficult to hear bad news about the ones we love. If you take care of you you'll be in better shape to help him. I know that sounds so easy, but I have faith in you. Thanks for your thoughts on the water. I'm feeling really blessed. In Lake Delton (WI Dells) just 30 miles south of us the dam gave way and entire homes were washed into the lake. I can take the pumping. No complaints here!!

Clyde, I'm so sorry to hear your daughter is ill. Thankfully, she has you Our next door neighbor had to be evacuated. She owns the golf course and her house is in the middle of it, but we're still pumping and doing good....You've been doing so well lately I'm sure you'll taste but not overdo tomorrow. Enjoy the party.

mom, Great job today. Planning is our bestest friend. Once again, great job!!!!
Old 06-09-2008, 09:11 PM   #24  
Andrea

S/C/G: 194/189.5/150

Height: 5'4"

Good evening, ladies. Welcome to all the gals who are "new" to this thread! I look forward to getting to know you all through the wonders of cyberspace or whatever it's called!

Clyde, thanks for the lovely birthday wishes. I had a very nice day, such as it was. I went to work but afterwards, my husband and son took me out to dinner - nothing fancy, just a local joint, but it was really nice. They each gave me the cutest cards, those new musical ones, as well as a scratch off lottery ticket (didn't win!). My big present was this laptop. After dinner we went out for ice cream (but I behaved and got a very small serving). I got some nice cards, emails, and phone calls, so it was indeed a nice day. Let's face it, turning 46 is hardly a milestone - not like 40 or 50. I tend to keep my birthday pretty mellow.

Lovn - I'm sure the photos you attached don't even begin to really show the severity of the situation. Please be careful - and I hope your neighbors will be OK.

I'm a single mom for most of this week as my husband is down at a conference in Orlando. Hah, we're both having the same weather - in the 90's and humid. My son's school is not air conditioned, so they had a half day, along with 4 other elementary schools in our town (the 2 middle schools and the high school all have A/C). Since there's a heat advisory forecast for tomorrow, he'll have a half day again. It's no biggie, thank goodness. At this point, they're not doing any substantive work anymore. Just parties, Field Day, and the like.

I worked at home today, which was weird for me. It was too, too quiet. At least the cat and dog kept me company. But I'm used to the hustle and bustle of folks around me at the office, and I missed it.

Weight wise - I did my treadmill tonight and as always, felt the better for it! I really want to get back on track for the summer. Last year at this time, I was 13 pounds lighter than I am now. I'm trying to remember how good it felt and use that feeling to stay "on the wagon," so to speak.

Alrighty, that's it for now. I know some of you ladies are going through some tough times but keep your spirits up...as my dad always says, what cannot be avoided must be endured. You'll get through it!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0503.jpg (29.8 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by LetsGoMets; 06-09-2008 at 09:12 PM. Reason: The picture I attached DID show up!!
Old 06-09-2008, 09:54 PM   #25  
Diane

S/C/G: 180/170/145

Thanks for the welcome everyone

Diane- That is too funny about the avatar The funny thing is I use to have the same ticker as you. I guess Great Dianes think alike.

Lovnmm- oh my goodness You are so lucky you are Ok

Tech your right and we will fight back. I weighed in tonight and lost 1.2 pounds, not great but it is in the right direction. I am sorry to hear about your DH, I hope that things don't turn out as bad as you think, your quite strong I would have that bottle of wine finished by now.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:58 PM   #26  
Diane

S/C/G: 180/170/145

Renee- Last May 2007 I lost my 14 year old lab cross. It was the worst. I got my Molly (Cockapoo) this past January. I never relized how much I missed My Carter untill I got my Molly.

take care
Old 06-10-2008, 07:18 AM   #27  

LetsGo, It sounds like you had a really nice birthday. I prefer to celebrate with just my family like you did. I see your picture is there. How did you resize it and small enough to post, but still have the larger image for us to view? By the time the "manage attachments" allows me to attach mine are down to thumbnail!!!

Rozzee, I lost my Reggie 3 years ago at Easter time. We'd only had him for 7 years, but 7 years of late night breast feedings and everything that goes with being pregnant or having a tiny one in the house. We both gained 20 pounds one winter from eating peanuts in the shell. (Never buy them in the 25# bulk, yikes!) He was my constant. Every walk I took he took. I don't think I will ever not miss him.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:56 AM   #28  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Ok people stop Changing the name of the thread lol. You change it, it takes me days and days to find it again Back in a few to chat
Old 06-10-2008, 12:48 PM   #29  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

lovn
You are doing so terrific on exercise. I cut mine way back. Think I burnt myself out doing 10 miles a day. Only doing 4 miles a day this week and then next week I will add a mile a day and every week add a mile. Probably end up burning myself out again and the cycle will continue. We haven't really had bad weather around here at all. Rain once in a while but thats about it. Glad everyone is safe and sound in your neck of the woods. Not you, you don't like to chat and chat and chat lol. Good think I do too. Thanks for the message.

Clyde
I think it is terrific how well you are doing getting that cholesterol down. Seems everyone is getting this bad weather. Well, it is the time of year for it. Keep that weather radio on and things stocked just in case.

Ward
You are doing great. I tell people, you eat a healthy diet, you exercise and the side effect is weight loss. What more could a person want. Welllllllllll, maybe fat free, carb free M&M's lol that taste just as great and have no artificial sweeteners in them. I know, I live in my own little world don't I. Hey, we all can dream.

Slash
What has happened to all the players? It is very hot out. Do you remember when we were kids. 900 degrees in the shade and we were all out playing baseball in the fields lol.

Tech
Oh I would love to work in a museum. I have no idea what I am going to be when I grow up. I had to be a grown up when I turned 13 and now, I have decided I am never going to be a grown up again lol. I do understand the weight gain from meads. I put on about 80 pounds that way. It is tough but we can take it off. One day at a time, one step at a time. It isn't the fast way but it is the permeate way. You keep going you are going to get where you want to be.

letsgo
God has sure been with you and blessed you with another chance after a heart attack to do great things with your life. Sometimes I think that great thing we are put here to do is make someone smile. You don't have that much to lose and I know if you stick with a healthy diet you will get where you want to be. Did I read that right? Your cholesterol is at 159 and they still have you on meads for it? My doc is thrilled with 195 and doesn't have me on meads at all. He doesn't even want mine to go under 190 said the body needs cholesterol. You live in a lovely state, I have been there several times. I love the east coast.

Diane
Hello and welcome. We have a great group of people here. They do try to hide from me but I find them lol.

Photo
I wish the insurance company would get their stuff together and get your money to you. I don't know they expect people to make a living when they drag everything along like they do sometimes. Sorry to hear you have been ill. That is one nasty drug and it does cause weight gain. Darn it is happening fast for you since you only just got on it. Now is the time to really pay attention to what you are eating because that mead can pack on the pounds pretty darn fast. Been real hot here too. I am so glad I have some weight off this summer. I can enjoy going out and walking in the parks and swimming.

Renee
Hello hello, I see you around in other threads I chat in. You are another one that God has blessed. Such problems at such a young age. God must have special things in store for you. Haven't we all thought just what you said? If I wanted to be thin why should it be so hard to put down the fork lol. Isn't always that easy is it? I think there are a great deal of us that meads put a great deal of our weight on us and that isn't the same as just eating and packing on the pounds. We just have to stick with it. We will all get where we want to be but it is one day at a time. Sometimes the journey is slow going. Thats ok, we can enjoy the scenery while we travel to the place we want to be.

Hello
My name is Dawn Renay ( Rennie is a nick name ) won't even go into why I have a nick name since I hate them lol. I will be 46 in November. My daughter laughs because I have been saying I am 47 for months lol. Hey, I worry early to avoid the rush lol.

I too have had boughts of depression that meads just couldn't help because they made me so sick. I have kind of panic attacks from time to time. For me, the way to get through life is to be very organized. I have come a long way with God's help and an understanding husband. He told the kids one time. When Mom is having a day. Do what you are told not what you want to do. If she wants you to sweep the floor from left to right then sweep it from left to right. Makes the whole world spin better for her.

I have two beautiful children ( Ummm they look like me hehehe ) I tell them I allow them to bask in my beauty lol. My daughter will be 18 in October and my son turned 21 in January and just graduated from high school ( a school for adhd and asbergers students ) last Friday. We found a wonderful college for him. The people there take one class and one class only for a month. Take their final and then take another class the next month. They are the same classes as at the normal college just only one class at a time. Lots of people go here that don't have problems. When we went to check out the school there were a lot of working adults there that only taking one class was going to be so much easier for them with their busy lives. We will see how this goes. My daughter plays tennis and is good at it. She is also in drama and choir and very involved in church. Broke all the school records for tennis her freshman year and this was the first year she ever played lol. Yes, she is a bit cocky about her ability's but I am very proud of her. She is as gracious a winner as she is a noble looser. She is a pistol and way to much like her mother. How two people can be so much the same and so different is a mystery to me but that is what she and I are like. My son is fantastic. He is considerate ( except when he wants to kill his sister, loving except when he tied her to a tree in the front yard and put a free sign on her ( true story ), and helpfull when I can find his hiding places lol ). I am of course the most horrid mother in the world and I couldn't possibly understand what it is like to be their age, no matter what age that is. Guess I was born 45 with teeth, hair and a vacuum lol. I don't care lol. If they like me at this time in their life I figure I am doing something wrong lol. They can like me again in 10 years.

I have a wonderful little dog ( **** Tzu) named Bella. Hubby got her for me after I had to have our beloved lab Pepper put to sleep a couple of weeks ago. We have a very spoiled cat named Winkie who runs the house. The dwarf rabbit George and Bella are becoming good friends while Winkie can't stand the rabbit. We have 1,000's of dwarf hamsters or at least it seems that way lol.

I am a Christian and try to help people out all I can. I am teaching my children it isn't what you take with you when you go. It is what you leave behind. We all have the responsibility and the obligation to touch as many lives in a positive way as we can. I have a college degree in accounting and computer programing but like many woman I never went to work. I was and am a stay at home mom, which I thought was what I should do. Now, the degree is worthless because of no experience I can't find a job anywhere in those fields. I have off and on for the past 30 years I guess, ran warehouses for a living when there is work. Right now you are lucky to find a part time job at mc Donald's around here. I have been married my whole adult life and can't imagine not being married. Hey, nice to have someone to yell at lol.

I was very sick for a great many years and meads packed on about 80 pounds. Just a little over a year ago the doc told me the meads were finally just about out of my system ( because I said THAT IS IT I am not taking any more meads ) and said I could TRY to lose weight. What I did was change how I thought about, looked at and ate food. I am on the " Rennie plan " which means I don't do without a thing but I have to keep portion sizes where they should be and I stay within some general ranges of calories, fats and carbs for myself. Come on, if a woman can't have a mountain dew from time to time life just isn't worth living right lol. I exercise every weekday. Walking/aerobic videos 5 days a week and Resistance training 3 days a week, basically that is my pan. I did burn myself out for a while doing 10 miles a day and I had to back down. Doing 4 miles a day now. Will add a little bit little by little until I think I am doing enough but 10 miles was just to much and took way to much time to do.

I love to go camping and when we can arrange it we spend the weekend at the camp grounds. To me it is the best vacation. Doesn't cost much ( oh did I say I am really into not wasteing money lol ) and it is peaceful.

One of the great things that has happened for me and this weight loss is that my cholesterol went from 255 to 195. The doc is thrilled and said I am in a nice healthy range now. I no longer have sleep apnia. The meads, oh lets go on about meads. Phenomena every year for 8 to 10 years. The meads help you breath, they put on the weight. You can't breath because of the weight. What a cycle that was.

I was in a car accident many many years ago and was told I would never walk. Would never be able to do anything I could do before the accident. I had to learn to walk, talk, read and just about everything else again. Within a year I was almost back to normal. My memory is terrible but hey who needs a memory lol. With God's love and the power of prayer I showed that doctors know nothing when it comes to the power of God. I do tend to, sorry in advance, get a bit snappish when people complain and complain. We never look at what we have. We, as humans, seem to look at what we don't have. There was a man who complained he had no shoes until he saw a man who had no feet. That is of course an old saying but it is so very true. What I am saying is that with determination and sometimes hard work. We can accomplish what we set our minds to. We are the only ones that can stop putting food into our mouths. We are the only ones that can stop making bad choices. God never said he was going to make things easy for us. He said he would be there with us for comfort and support.

When you think you are all alone on this journey. When there isn't a person in site to give you the support you need. Remember, God is right there beside you. Usually yelling, put down that candy bar. All we have to do is listen.
Old 06-10-2008, 03:33 PM   #30  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Rennie what a wonderful post .

I know you're very proud of your son. I wish him all the best in the future.

You're very inspiring.

Last edited by Clydegirl; 06-10-2008 at 03:41 PM.
Closed Thread