Old 06-27-2007, 10:44 AM   #346  
Constantly Tweaking

S/C/G: 172/159/130

Height: 5'2" (give or take)

Hey guys! Welcome to any and all newbies since my last visit. Few and far between are my visits now that summertime is here. Seriously, I have to literally boot my kids off of the computer and out of the living room in order get anytime on here.

It sounds like we are all in the same boat at the same time -- scales not budging, frustration setting in, wondering what to do to make those stubborn lbs. just vanish! I am still at odds w/the food. Desparately need to buckle down. Some days are better than others but I need to regroup. I haven't exercised much since the kids got out of school. Lifted weights 2x/wk last week and walked the dog on Saturday but nothing so far this week. (OK, I just kicked my 10 yr. old out of here because she was about to plop on the sofa and read everything I'm writing! ) Got a call last night and my TM is coming tomorrow morning so hopefully I can get back into the swing of things w/exercising.

Hi and welcome Laura. I do interval stuff on the TM. I've seen Dave Drapers info; good stuff there. I used to try and do like 3 mins. off/90 seconds interval and the like but finally decided that I prefer running (ok, my "idea" of running is 4.7-5.8/6.0mph). I run at a slower speed for as long as I feel like then bump it up and run at a higher speed for as long as I feel like it. Some logic, huh? But it does seem to work and I can't stand the thought of just going at the exact same pace for xx length of time. My old TM also had no incline (broke) so I'm super excited about the new TM. I also stopped obsessing about how long I was on the darn thing. I'm done after 1/2 hr or so -- but I put my back into it for whatever lenght of time I'm on there -- then try to do a dog walk several times a week. Ok, this whole schedule is blown in the summer w/the kids but that's what I try to do when it's schooltime!

Kim -- OMG! There's a peeping tom in your neighborhood? How did I miss that? I'd lock everything and pull all the shades. Maybe you could do a cat toss at his head? (just kidding but the visual is cracking me up!) Hopefully they'll catch him soon.

Hope we all get out of our funk soon. I find the complete lack of routine/schedules in the summer at first a welcome break but by mid-July I'm ready to pull my hair out. My son Kevin (special needs) goes back to ESY (extended school program) next week. It's more like camp but w/some schooling stuff so they don't lose any skills over the summer. Gives the parents a break too. We usually don't keep him in the whole time (5 wks) so it's hit or miss w/that. We did join a local pool -- I've lived here for 20 yrs and have been looking for an inexpensive, pool-only place forever. Why I just discovered this place now is beyond me! I even --- GASP!!! -- bought a bathing suit and what's more -- I wore it and went into the pool on Sunday!! This is the first suit I've ever owned since I was first married. I kid you not. I decided so I'm no svelte godess -- so what? Most of the people there aren't either and I've decided I just don't care. The kids (the two youngest) are thrilled that I get in the pool w/them. I'm not really big on pools; can't swim ya know! but the kids like it. At least it gets me moving vs. just sitting on my butt watching them.

Well I'd better get moving my butt right now ladies! Hey I bought organic grapes the other day and they were absolutely the most awesome things I've ever tasted! I always try a grape in the store b/4 buying to see if they are not too tart and these were the best thing. Oh and for another variation on salads I tried StarKist tuna in a pouch. They have different flavors I think I had terriakyi (sp?) and it was pretty good. Tons of protein in it so drinks lots and lots of water! I've been really bad w/the water the past 2 wks. Don't know why just fell off the water wagon. Notice how I'm ramblin' here? That's cause they're all leaving me alone for a wee little bit!!

Ok, really better get moving here. We can get through this funky, doodoo like period ladies. But it sure is nice knowing that others are in the same boat, isn't it? TTFN

Jo
Is that really me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 12:10 AM   #347  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Thursday thru Monday? OK ... I should be off three of those days. I'm going to walk on purpose and mind my snacking.

Will you post a thread Cammie?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 04:44 AM   #348  
Going down, my way!

S/C/G: 287/240.8/180/ 3/19/16

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tann View Post
I did my 3 mile walk tonite the weather was very nice and a lil breezy. A couple of hours late I felt a lil sick from being into ketosis but I took some rolaids and I'm feeling alot better now.

Thanks again for the colorful welcome everyone
I just looked at your before and after pictures. You are amazing! You are absolutely gorgeous and very inspiring. Way to go!
Steelslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 09:12 AM   #349  

S/C/G: 245/237/165

Height: 5'10.5"

Default 5 day challenge and a crazy life...interesting combo

Hey Gals,
I did it. I started a challenge. It's right here in our 40-somethings support area:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116346
SusanB - Thanks for nudging me to make it a challenge. I'm excited about it now. (I suppose that sounds crazy, but I am.)

This week it's going to be interesting to see how the challenge impacts my thinking. I've got an "Organizational Day" at work Friday, so I don't have to show up until my "events" and for the picnic. I've got friends from the west coast coming to visit for b-fast, going to pick up the bicycle from the shop (finally), then on to the 3 legged race with my daughter and to the picnic lunch. Then, we're going to drive to DC to visit some friends for the weekend, return drive on Sunday. It's crazy. (Yeah, I'm just like everyone else, the days get longer and I think I should "do" more. )
I've already planned to go shopping for my fresh fruit and cut veggies Sunday afternoon, before we get home. To help prepare for the week.
Water is also going to be a focus for me...in this heat, it needs to be.
I'm excited, I can do this. It's only five days.
Cammie
ShyCammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 09:25 AM   #350  

I'm in!
Old 06-28-2007, 05:56 PM   #351  
returning to myself

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tann View Post
I did my 3 mile walk tonite the weather was very nice and a lil breezy. A couple of hours late I felt a lil sick from being into ketosis but I took some rolaids and I'm feeling alot better now.

Thanks again for the colorful welcome everyone
you look lovely...what an inspiration you are...

how did you do it ???
iminhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 08:32 PM   #352  
It Just Goes To Show You!

S/C/G: 222/195.5/136

Height: 5'2"

Hey Everybody...

I agree with Jo and everyone else we are in a "funk" or as Laura puts it doodoolike...

Jo...Thank you made me laugh and laugh and laugh...my one cat is having a hairball problem with the heat and shedding...so all that I can picture is flying cat with a hairball...Way to go on the bathing suit life if too short not to kick back and enjoy (if you want)...

Susan and Laura...Dance is really making my mood more happy and light! That Pritkin thing is sounds really good! No processed foods...

Well I did my weigh in and I again have not budged one fraction of a pound. I have just the last two nights begun to sleep through the night again. So my eating will be on track...but I was coming home and napping for a few hours then up all night waiting...so my eating is really off...still eating healthy but eating/munching all night on veggies/fruit is not good...but I have not gained! I am off starting tomorrow and I will be off until next Wednesday so I should be able to decompress, rest, relax...or I will drive myself crazy by thinking too much!

Cammie...I will go check out the challenge and probably throw in my support!

Well I've got to get going and check all my doors...and such!

Take care everyone!
Kimush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 12:06 AM   #353  
Constantly Tweaking

S/C/G: 172/159/130

Height: 5'2" (give or take)

Very quickie (it just bonged midnight on the clock). My new TMs here; my new TMs here! Super pysched (sp?). Some assembly required but I'm hoping to be up and running by Saturday. I've already figured my exercise for next week. The whole house smells like new TM (probably some rubbery, chemical, plastic stuff oozing around ). The guy knocked on the door at 6:30AM today! Didn't even have time to get out of my jammies; he didn't care (me neither). He was in and out of here in 5 minutes. Better get to bed.

Kim -- chin up on the scale's stubborness. Mantra -- it'll move; it'll move. I'm right there with ya! TTFN

Jo
Is that really me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 08:03 AM   #354  

That's funny! Gotta love that new treadmill smell!

Morning everyone!
Old 06-29-2007, 11:08 AM   #355  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Hello girls. I'm still around just not doing so good weight wise.
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 11:29 AM   #356  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

I'm around too. Thought I'd do a quick post, like Clydegirl. Extreme stress... extremely busy... possibly a mid life crisis going on here. I plan to get on tomorrow morning and catch up with everything. Have a good weekend, everyone.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 11:33 AM   #357  
returning to myself

hey Clydegirl...it looks as though you are moving in the right direction!! I am at a bit of a stall and I just started...I am seriously studying my food journals to figure it out!!

NEW TREADMILL?? YAY!!!

UGH! midliife crisis?? is THAT what it is????

what will I do? I already HAVE a convertible!!!
Old 06-29-2007, 01:18 PM   #358  
returning to myself

I want one of those medicine balls that bounce and you can paly catch with...but I have noone to play with....

hey JO....I swim every morning in the pool in my apt building....it's in a courtyard of a 3 story building, so it's like being on display....

I just try to pretend I'm the only person in the world, swimming around....

I go in the morning...so there usually isn't anyone actually IN the pool....

now and then I have to remind myself that I am NOT OBLIGATED to have a perfect body and that they can't ARREST ME for being fat in PUBLIC!!!

oddly enough...that actually helps a little....

but mostly I guess I disassociate a little...or alot...I don't know how healthy that is...but at least I'm out there....

Last edited by iminhere; 06-29-2007 at 01:25 PM.
Old 06-29-2007, 07:17 PM   #359  
It Just Goes To Show You!

S/C/G: 222/195.5/136

Height: 5'2"

Hey Everybody...

Jo...I am chin is up but not too up or I will trip...the smell of new TM machinary......maybe I should seriously think about that!

Clydegirl...Come here and talk...we can struggle together...I haven't lost anything for 3 weeks...and my eating is so messed up...I miss your cheerful sunny disposition!

Laura...Very good! I love that self-talk! Very empowering...I am trying to get my self confidence up to go to a water aerobics class...but I am too damn shy and embarrashed and then I kick myself when I think like that but I can't get past that!

Diane...Life is just crazy isn't it...My mother raccoon (Sally) lost one of her babies and spent this morning just beside herself looking for him...Then about 12noon bad baby boy raccoon strolls into the yard while my mother is gardening waiting for her to feed him...so she did and her wandered off...so hopefully mother and baby are going to be reunited...he is such a bad little raccoon!

Susan...Good Morning back at you! You will be pleased to know that I am and have continued to journal...it looks bizarre because I am eating so late sometimes! But regardless I am journalling...Thank You Susan!

Have a good one Ladies!
Kimush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 09:10 PM   #360  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Hi Kim I'm not losing anything right now. Got a lot going on at the minute and can't get my head around the weight loss. I removed my ticker as it was going up slowly instead of down : ( My husband is retiring at the end of July from the USAF. I think we're all a bit stressed at the minute as he hasn't got a job yet. Something will come along I am sure. It's a new start for us a bit of a scary time.

I also need to find something to wear to his retirement ceremony as nothing fits in my closet. I need to look halfway decent.

Your raccoon story made me smile.

Jo meant to say my youngest is also doing ESY. She loves it and needs that bit of structure in the summer. It's such a long break for them. We also go to the pool and I bought a new swimsuit. She can't swim but she gets in that water and loves to go every day.

Enjoy the weekend everyone feels like 4th of July weekend even though it's not until Wednesday.
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote