Old 04-30-2011, 06:07 PM   #1  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Default Worldlies in May are moving and motivated

There you go. New thread for the month.

May is marvellous. May means the beginning of summer up north and the beginning of the best part of the year downunder.

MOVE IT MADAM - IT'S MAY

If you need to go back to check on April, click here http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/supp...ptitude-7.html

Last edited by Shad; 04-30-2011 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Old thread for past mistakes
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 06:08 PM   #2  

Morning all,
It's a glorious morning out there and I should get on with the housework and then out into the garden. Since we have another long weekend this weekend, I'd like to just go out and do some friend type things tomorrow.

Watched most of the wedding on Friday which was earlier here than I had expected and mostly enjoyed it. There was a blend of tradition and modern and I think it hit the spot for a recession bound Britain. The dress was great without being ostentatious and only had a small train and even the tiara wasn't huge and sparkly - much less so than I thought. The bouquet was small and sweet and looked like it might have smelt good too. But oh dear - Prince Andrews girls, Beatrice and Eugenie - what fashion disasters those two are. It's like Bea had a cookie cutter stuck to her head. I didn't mind the dress and coat and quite liked the shoes, but who noticed compared to that monstrosity on her head. And come to that whats with all these funny shaped hats glued to the front or side of the head. This is fashion??? I'd be like the Brit PM's wife and cause a furore because I wouldn't wear one at all.
It was interesting to see some of the older members of the family. Boy some of them have got old quick. The Duchess of Kent didn't even look like she could walk straight down the aisle. She had a breakdown some years back and it seems she hasn't recovered. Pity she was so pretty and graceful. But then we all get old I guess.

Ceejay - keep safe and dry. Flood water is so awful and smelly. Hope you get rid of the headache.

Happy - likewise for you. Do not end up somewhere where you don't know how to get home. I sent the plans for the ark back in case you need them.

Annie - I am trying to be as energetic as you with the housework. Doesn't seem to be working tho'. But I will do the housework and weed the rose garden today. Dust is everywhere again, and it needs a good sweep and I may change the bed, but that is about it really. Shouldn't take too long.

Michelle - hope you are getting some rest as well as getting some exercise in. It's May here today and I may just have to take my courage in both hands and go back to the gym. For sure what I am doing here is not helping.

Laura - always good when you find a couple of programs which do what you want them to do. Hope the decision is done and dusted soon.

Ellen - motivation is a problem with me as well. I really need to find it again. It will be a rough ride back in the gym or wherever but I have to do it. I don't feel good anymore like I did when I was exercising regularly.

Mel - nice to have a do nothing day. That is what I am aiming for tomorrow.

Catch you all later.
Old 04-30-2011, 07:24 PM   #3  

Height: 5'5"

been fun here at work today, Looking forward to going home and getting some rest...thinking I may make myself a mudslide.

I think part of my morivation problem is the internet...thinking about putting a ban on it for a while to see if I can do any better. Will let you ladies know what I decide, but I will still beable to post from work on the weekends.

Hope everyone got to enjoy the weather b4 we get more rain, tho I don't think we are sched to get any until Turs ore friday.

Need to hope back to work. Have a lovely weekend!
upswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 10:49 AM   #4  

Morning all.

Shad - Thanks for setting up the new thread. Like that title!! Hope you will have another gorgeous day of your long weekend and enjoy the do-nothing part of it.

Ellen - Did you have your mudslide Fri night? I've never had one, but if it's chocolate I'm up for trying one! I never did have my wine on Friday night - I conked out rather early actually - that's what happens once I get horizontal on the sofa. And I really would have liked to see the classic movie I was tuned into - "Roman Holiday" with Audrey Hepburn & Gregory Peck. Oh well, another time.

Happy - Was the wedding yesterday? How was it? Sounds sort of like a ho-hum affair. Good it was just a work associate and you could just show your face and minimize the time commitment. But being smack in the middle of the day is inconvenient.

Ceejay - You and Happy sure have been getting the weather out your way! I hope you've not had any flooding in your place. Just read about the plan to blow up a levee down at the southern tip of IL so the town of Cairo doesn't flood. The farmers whose land will be flooded are not happy, to say the least. Mother Nature needs to take a valium.

Annie - How was the date? Glad you had good weather for your day off. Did you get a lot done? Oh, what a silly question to ask you!! Glad dd is doing well and hope the vit. switch does the trick w/ the all-day sickness. Thanks for clearing up my confusion re BB and glad to hear there's a plan in place for that puppy.

Michelle - Sounds like the pool exercise is working for you. Good to hear. Hope Mischief's blood test was good.

Mel - Well, I remember reading about your new tires, so good for you. Sooooo glad you're back and running at full speed again! Hope you've had a quiet weekend.

Sitting out here in the 3-season room w/ the laptop. Smells sort of musty out here - I'll get the windows out here open today to get some fresh air in. All is bright and sunny for now. The grass in the back yard is really tall - needs that first mowing in a bad way. I asked bf yesterday if the mower was ready to go - hint hint.

As I mentioned, Friday night I conked out relatively early. I woke up before 5 am on Saturday - way too early. But I read my book, dinked around, had a good breakfast and went to the 9 am circuit class. Showered, started laundry, then out for some errands. Having changed my mind back and forth, I took a jacket to the cleaners to have them put the !@#$ pocket flaps back on and be done with it. Also shopped for buttons for my raincoat sleeves (after unsuccessfully searching for the buckles in stores & online), but Hobby Lobby has but one little rack of buttons, so I struck out there.

After a dogwalk by the creek & lunch w/ bf (pork torta) I went to JoAnn's and bought the buttons for the raincoat and some for another jacket that currently has buttons I don't like. Also succumbed to a sale and bought a cheery flannel print to turn into pj pants. Plenty of time to get those done! I thought I might buy some knit t-shirt type fabric to also sew into pj pants (to replace a pair of favorites that are literally about to fall apart), but I didnt find anything at Joann's. Might just try to find some that are ready-made, esp. since they'd probably be cheaper than the cost of the fabric for DIY ones. Stopped by Trader Joe's for the usual stuff.

Bf and I watched the British version of "Death at a Funeral" last night - we both liked it slightly better than the US (Chris Rock) version. Shorter too, which I like, LOL.

I might get out in the yard today to collect the twigs and branches in anticipation of the mowing. Still need to re-install the weedcloth, so I better do that. And if I get tired of those tasks, I might just sit outside and sew on all those buttons. Also need to check the flyers and find a sale on laundry detergent - catching up on the sheets and towels and blankies and throws means I'm coming to the end of the detergent before I've gotten going on my own laundry.

Okay, enough rambling, I'll get this posted. Everyone have a wonderful day!

Last edited by Laura705; 05-01-2011 at 10:58 AM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:35 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Shad
thanks for the new thread. I like the Move It Madam. I need a kick now and then to move more

Ellen
I know part of my problem is the internet. I want to stay on it all the time

Laura
Didn't know about the levee in Ill. They are also talking about blowing a levee in Poplar Bluff. We have enough water already. Makes me wonder where all that water is going.

We're under a cloud that looks like night time. Kinda spooky. So far we don't have any tornado watches/warnings.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 01:04 PM   #6  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies,

Soggy Sunday here. Things are starting to flood. I think I am able to tip toe around the parts that are underwater but there is a fair amount of flooding in the places that are wet. We have a very large hospital complex and the water is creeping up the parking lot. Although they have multi-level parking structures, it's a very busy place and taking out the entire ground floor parking and outdoor lots will surely put a bad crimp on things. Fortunately I don't have to go there until the end of June. It stormed overnight - tho fortunately just rain and thunder - with more due over the next 2 days. Our house sits low in the neighborhood and there is an underground creek below us but so far it looks like we will be ok

Thanks for setting up the new thread Shad. I am always surprised to see a new month roll around.

This afternoon we have the wedding. I don't know what I'm going to wear. I'm hoping we can be in and out in an hour and a half. I will make DH take me out to dinner afterwards

Yesterday I got a call from my SIL. She and her daughter and family always vacation in Florida. They make a game out of finding the very best prices and with 5 of them travelling, it's also a necessity. They are travelling the first week in June and found a connnection flight through Memphis. Tickets were super cheap so she asked if I wanted my Mom to come visit for a few weeks. We are headed back to Wisconsin in July and my sister agreed to drive over an do a "Mom handoff" at a midpoint in Illinois bringing her back on the way up. We can't drop her off back at home because we will be hauling a big trailer and parking on city streets is precious enough and impossible when you have a big trailer behind you. I'm excited to have her come and stay with us, the way things worked with the house this year we would not have gotten to see her otherwise and with her being 84 I realize her years on this earth are coming to an end so to not see her for a whole year would really bother me alot. I bless my sister in law for thinking of this. Also my Mom is no longer comfortable travelling alone which is why she won't get on a plane by herself anymore - this way she was ride here with the family. So I have something to look forward to besides my week's vacation at the new house.

Laura - I admire you making something from knit t-shirt material. I never learned the right stretch stitches for that material. I'd go crazy with sewing otherwise as there are so many ultra soft knit materials to work with. I can't believe you could not find decorative buckles for your coat sleeves. I stopped in the new Joann's fabric store and was eyeing the button displays - so many cute things. I did pick up one thing on clearance - a button that says "Cute as a Button" - I thought that was funny. Will have to find something appropriate to sew that onto.

Ellen - how was the mudslide?

Shad - I agree with your wedding comments. Loved Kate's dress and veil. I thought it was elegant yet modern - a true couple in love compared to the stuffy tradition of royalty. My how Wills is a shadow of his mum's face. I wish them lots of happiness. Thank you for forwarding the ark plans. I may just have to go with a makeshift raft if I don't get my act in gear quickly You have another long weekend coming up? Lucky you! We have to wait until the end of this month. Most of us (unless we work for the city or governent that is speckled with lots of frivolous holidays - and they wonder why they are short of money) - most of us have a long wait for a day off between January 1 and Memorial Day the end of May. Hope you can pack in another fun week like the last one.

I see Miss Mel has not checked in yet. Hope you are just taking a quiet Sunday Meliday for yourself and not that the seniors have tied you up and are running around like crazies.

Annie - seems like you are having the same wet dreary day that we are. I'm sure you will find something to keep you occupied. I guess that means you are not on CVS duty today.

Ceejay - is all this abundance of water giving you extra work at the plant? At least it's keeping the allergens down.

Michelle - how are you doing today? Taking a relaxing weekend? Did you have the health fair yet or is it this week?

Well I'd better get off the computer and get a little bit done around the house. Have to figure out what to wear to the wedding this afternoon. I'm not getting dressed up and told DH he does not have to squeeze into a suit either.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 05:31 PM   #7  

Happy
A big yes to more work at the plant. I've been operating the plant on hand and watching the clouds on radar. Not tooo bad on the phone calls.
Old 05-01-2011, 05:42 PM   #8  

Morning all,
Short note for the time being as I am running behind time yet again to get a couple of things done in the garden and then I'm off to do what I can do today. I'm hoping to go up to Tamborine and go to Gallery Walk and then down on to the Gold Coast and check out how the other half live and them maybe drop in on some friends on the way home. Or then again maybe go up to Tamborine, then go down to the Arch Rock National Park and walk for a period and then go to friends. Whatever, I will decide as I go. Today being Labour Day here in Queensland, I may also drop into a nursery or two on the way home and see whether there are any good roses in stock. It's coming in to rose season here - best time to plant - and I have lost two last year and pulled out one I bought last year as the root stock took over the grafted plant itself and got taller and taller but no flowers.

Today I will take some of my own advice and move it! A walk in the forest sounds like a nice idea. I'll take the camera and a small back pack and see what I can see.

So have a good day and move it properly
Old 05-01-2011, 06:48 PM   #9  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Hello My Sweet Worldlie Sisters......

Not such a bad weekend.....

Friday nights date ended at 9 pm...I just need to let Alan know I am "Just not into him" He is so about me, and I feel badly about that. But in my defense I have told him all along that I was not "feeling" the spark and friends was all there was at the moment. We were supposed to spend today together but instead I cancelled as I was having DAD guilt. EVERYONE KNOWS I am such an emotional child and all can mess with my head so easily. Anyway I spent all afternoon with Dad. We had lunch of Taco Bell that I picked up, then I also rented "The King's Speech" which I absolutely loved and even cracked up when he was cussing, reminded me of my x and his cussing all the time....made me laugh. Then we just sat and talked about Dad's cooking skills, God love him, he is doing so well with it. So funny....Dad story....he started the crock pot last evening around 6 PM with beef, potatos, and many veggies, said he got up around 3:30 am to use the toitie and it smelled so good he went ahead and ate a bowl...I just looked at him, shook my head and laughed...he then proceeded to tell me he ate another bowl for breakie, then for lunch and was planning on it for dinner but I brought the Taco Bell....what a stinkin hoot...remind me of this when he is gone and I am sad OK?

I worked yesterday at CVS from 1:30 pm till 10:15 pm.....also worked an extra night on Thursday night...my CVS check should be a good one this week. That will be great cause my mortgage payment will eat up most of my Humana check this week. If it weren't for the mortgage payment, I could quit CVS...lol....life AIN'T IT WONDERFUL!!!!

Shaddie...thank you for setting up the new thread, I love it. And I should also abide by it. If I just ate less, I think my movement would help me lose this pesky 15 lbs. dang it anyways. I, too, watched the Royals wedding. She is so pretty and he is so handsome and they look so in love....how refreshing.

Happy...yes we are having the same nasty weather you are....flooding is terrible. More rain predicted...we have towns that are on the verge of going under....so sad really.

Ceejay...praying for no watches or warning for you either. This spring has been awful.

Laura...yes, much was accomplished on my day off Friday...funny you mention Hobby Lobby as that is where Alan and I ended up looking around. I have the piece of beveled glass that I bought a huge stone to sit the glass on to make a coffee table for the living room. I needed to find some sort of center piece. Mission accomplished.

Ellen...work is so much more enjoyable and goes so much faster when we are having fun at it....btw...what are the ages of your kiddos? Thinking of your son being on the internet sites...was it really your son or your DH...LOL

Chellser...trust me, I am not always energetic..I have my down times. This morning I was up at 7 am, but at 10 I went and laid back down till 11 am, then got up and got my shower and went to dads. Now I am trying to get my mind back into me gear, for work and having a glass of wine to get me there. We have even bigger hotshots in the office this week on Tuesday and Wednesday....that will be stressful and both days I have to work at CVS, which means I cannot leave any early and will be H*LLbound on getting from the Northside or Indy to the SouthEast side of Indy....Let the races begin...lol.

Guess I had better post this thing before I lose it....

Love and Hugs sisters!!
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 09:45 PM   #10  

Annie
Glad you spent time with your dad. And found the centerpiece at Hobby Lobby. I like that store.

Had a semi busy day at work. These people are so spoiled. The main road through town was clear but once I turned down the side street I had to drive in water. I didn't want to but it was the only way home. The street I live on is really deep. Should have made a picture of it. If it is still this deep in the morning some one with one of those big trucks are coming after me.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:40 AM   #11  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Ceejay...hope the water on your street has disappeared...the problem is there is no where for it to go and it just keeps on raining. Make the big boys come and get you!!
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:40 AM   #12  
Choose your hard

Good morning,

Another rainy, soggy morning here. The river is at flood stage and between the rain yesterday and the next 2 days we will be looking pretty bad here. I think Mother Nature is pretty aggrivated with the human race messing up things and she's trying to yank us off the rug.

The wedding yesterday was nicer than I thought it would be. Even with blaring tornado sirens, thunder and heavy rain. She looked very pretty. The finger food was tasty too. It was a light supper for us. It was over and done in less than 2 hours and I came home and finished the laundry and did some cleaning and then watched TV for a while.

Doctor's appointment this morning. New gyne as I am no longer willing to sit and wait 3 or 4 hours for my doctor to show up. They are concentrating on young girls and deliveries at the expense of their other patients. My friend recommended this nurse practioner and at this point, I don't need much except for routine health checks.

I need to hop in the shower and get ready - of course I could just go outside at this point I'm going to be going in late to work so not sure I will be able to do personals until tomorrow.

See yahs
Old 05-02-2011, 08:41 AM   #13  
Choose your hard

Not like Mel not to check in for a couple of days. Hope you are alright my friend
Old 05-02-2011, 08:47 AM   #14  

Good Morning everyone!

Work this weekend was not so bad, just have to get thru tonight then off for a couple of days. tho I really need to go thru the girls' clothes and clean out everything that doesn't fit so I know what they need. I am going to plan on doing that first thing on Tuesday. All thier laundry is caught up, so at least I won't go thru everything then find 2 loads of the small clothes. Need to put a plan in place, but that will have to wait until tuesday or wednesday. Stayed up too late last night and I Am really tired.

Shad hope you enjoyed your day off!

Ceejay~~hope the flooding gets better, but I hear we are supposed to get more rain almost all week. Take it easy with the flooded streets

Annie~~so funny about your dad's crockpot cooking. I so glad to hear you had a good visit with him. Sorry that you still are not feeling "IT" with Allen. but better to make your feeling clear so he is not misunderstaning your intentions.

Yes as for the computer incident. I am pretty sure it was DS, since DH has his own computer and it would not make sence for him to be on mine. DS also admitted that he was curious. DH had a talk with him. I used to have my comp lock when the screen turned off, but since I rebuilt my comp I had not put everything back in place, but since he has been sneaking on the computer to play games as well, I have locked it down again.

Well, have to make sure the 2 older girls get out the door for school. Have a lovely day!!!
Old 05-02-2011, 08:49 AM   #15  

Happy you snuck in! Ugh, Gyne appt, hope you do not have to wait too long and that you like the nurse practitioner better than your old doc. Have a great day and try to stay dry!