Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 06:32 AM   #1  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Arrow IP Weekend Chat - 18-20 March 2011

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

To see what you missed yesterday: Thursday, 17 March 2011
Old 03-18-2011, 07:20 AM   #2  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

All right the first poster today! Hope everyone was able to stay on protocol through the festivities last night. I DID! It was a struggle (BIG STRUGGLE) as we went to a small get together with drinks and snack foods. I even was poked fun of a few times, but that does not bother me. I would rather be poked at for not drinking and eating then for being fat! I enjoyed my evening with friends and family, plus no hang over!

If there were some that fell off protocol, pick yourself up and dust yourself off! Get right back on protocol today! Congrats to all the great WI's yesterday and WELCOME to all the new faces.

Another day gone and another day fat is gone for good. We are skinnier today than we were yesterday!

Have a great day! GIT R DUN! THAT'S RIGHT!
Old 03-18-2011, 07:50 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 164.6/138.5/135

Height: 5'7"

Good morning all IPer's,

This week have not been fabulous, some cheats this week-end and last two days I was in a convention center far away from home.. I tried hard to stay OP but failed at some point. This morning the scale indicate a loss of 0.4 lbs from last week. It's better then nothing.. but NOW I want to be commited 100 % so I could phase two at the end of april. I hope sooo much! I'm letting things happen..

Have a great day!!
Old 03-18-2011, 07:55 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

I hope everyone picks something exciting and different to do this weekend...
I'm not sure yet but I'm going to make a list and find something totally fun to do...Hum i'm 50 I could go paint ball...hee hee hee..that would be funny...
Great IP Weekend...
:b roc:
Old 03-18-2011, 08:00 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 164.6/138.5/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoGirl View Post
I'm not sure yet but I'm going to make a list and find something totally fun to do...Hum i'm 50 I could go paint ball...hee hee hee..that would be funny...
Great IP Weekend...
hahaha!!! you made me laugh this morning!! I'm imagining my mom of 55 doing paint ball! Why not!
Old 03-18-2011, 09:59 AM   #6  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Hello everyone!! It's going to be 68 degrees in Massachusetts today....woot woot!!! Gonna try to sit out for a bit and get some Vitamin D!!!

Into week four of this new "way of living" and loving it!! I FEEL SO GOOD!! Hubby and I are BOTH losing our desires for the "junk"...and are very much appreciating the veggies we have come to love...IE: zucchini, turnip, steamed spinach... just to name a few!!

Thank you to all who contribute to this board (as I have read practically EVERY entry)...LOL!! You are all so inspiring!!

Have a Magical Day!!
Old 03-18-2011, 10:19 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
All right the first poster today! Hope everyone was able to stay on protocol through the festivities last night. I DID! It was a struggle (BIG STRUGGLE) as we went to a small get together with drinks and snack foods. I even was poked fun of a few times, but that does not bother me. I would rather be poked at for not drinking and eating then for being fat! I enjoyed my evening with friends and family, plus no hang over!

If there were some that fell off protocol, pick yourself up and dust yourself off! Get right back on protocol today! Congrats to all the great WI's yesterday and WELCOME to all the new faces.

Another day gone and another day fat is gone for good. We are skinnier today than we were yesterday!

Have a great day! GIT R DUN! THAT'S RIGHT!
Congrats for staying OP and not letting the teasing get to you! I enjoy your enthusiasm and posts very much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa333 View Post
Good morning all IPer's,

This week have not been fabulous, some cheats this week-end and last two days I was in a convention center far away from home.. I tried hard to stay OP but failed at some point. This morning the scale indicate a loss of 0.4 lbs from last week. It's better then nothing.. but NOW I want to be commited 100 % so I could phase two at the end of april. I hope sooo much! I'm letting things happen..

Have a great day!!
Moving on and ahead is the best way to go...don't dwell on yesterdays, only concentrate on the tomorrow's

Quote:
Great IP Weekend...
HAHAHA! LOVE IT! You MUST get some pics if you do decide to really do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgal View Post
Hello everyone!! It's going to be 68 degrees in Massachusetts today....woot woot!!! Gonna try to sit out for a bit and get some Vitamin D!!!

Into week four of this new "way of living" and loving it!! I FEEL SO GOOD!! Hubby and I are BOTH losing our desires for the "junk"...and are very much appreciating the veggies we have come to love...IE: zucchini, turnip, steamed spinach... just to name a few!!

Thank you to all who contribute to this board (as I have read practically EVERY entry)...LOL!! You are all so inspiring!!

Have a Magical Day!!
I just finished week 4 so I know exactly how good you're feeling! Isn't this new way of living just awesome?!!

Good morning IP'ers! Thanks to everyone who wished me luck on weigh in number 4 this morning....I was so nervous, really wanted to hit the 20 lb lost mark at this one and guess what.......

-4 lbs. and another 6 inches gone!!

for a grand total of 21.8 lbs. and 17.5 inches in 4 weeks

I'm THRILLED!!

What a great way to start my day Now I get to get on with it and this busy weekend ahead....have 4 shoots total in the next few days, including a gorgeous 3 month old baby boy this morning. Hope everyone has an amazing, OP day!
Old 03-18-2011, 10:24 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 185.6/148/145

Height: 5'9"

Happy Friday my fellow IP'ers......Congratulations to everyone with NSV"S and WI's this past week let's use these to help keep us motivated for the weekend.

For myself I have had several NSV's this week...clothes that I bought a few years ago that were a bit small but I was dieting and the price was right so I bought them, I have never worn them, tried them on yesterday and low and behold they not only fit but were a bit loose....jeans that I wear in the evening to take the dog for a walk practically fell off last night when we were walking, my husband let me know it's probably time to put them in the GW pile....YIPPIE!!!!!

I will use these to stay motivated this weekend!!!!
Old 03-18-2011, 10:35 AM   #9  
IP Success Story

S/C/G: 345.6 / 249 / 250

Height: 6 foot

Good Morning all you IP Champions. I hope you all have a awesome IP day and stay on protocol. I have my first weigh in today since starting phase 2 and I am excited to see my total today. To all the new people who just started IP hang in there it gets better and you will be glad you did.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:37 AM   #10  

Yesterday was WI #2 for me. I lost 3# and 3 inches. I actually lost some off my arms too which was good. My coach did a urine sample and said that my ketosis was at the highest point that it could be.

I was a bit disappointed with the -3 loss (but still I'm not complaining) and was wondering if it could be due to my TOM and only 2 bowel movements this past week? Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I am over the terrible cravings for carbs and am starting to acquire a taste for my new food. Who knew? If I can get over it - anyone can. I thought I couldn't last more than a month on this diet but it's gotten ALOT easier this week. I used to eat maybe a vegetable a month because I hated them so much (and then it was usually a sweet potato). Yay me!
Old 03-18-2011, 10:38 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Default Calories

Hi all
I am part way through week #1. so far I am pretty happy.
Do any of you track your calories??? I do and see no possible way to get to 1000 calories and stay at around 30 g of carbs. Am I missing something??
Old 03-18-2011, 11:01 AM   #12  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Default Good Weekend

Hello everyone, isn't it great we made it to friday... I was very excited after my wi as I didn't think I lost anything this week, I lost 4lbs and 3 inches... too bad my chest keeps getting smaller.... but now I have a total of 24.5 lbs lost and I think 15 inches... I decided that my mini goal was 25 lbs and I would do/get something for myself when I get there. So next week after wi I may have to go shopping... Haven't decided for what but have all weekend to come up with something.

Quote:
Great IP Weekend...
You have to try it, I loved paint ball, and last year our office team got together and did a night of laser tag... some didn't want to do it but it turned out to be a great evening and we did get to shoot our boss a few times...
though I think he won.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggiemagu View Post
Happy Friday my fellow IP'ers......Congratulations to everyone with NSV"S and WI's this past week let's use these to help keep us motivated for the weekend.

For myself I have had several NSV's this week...clothes that I bought a few years ago that were a bit small but I was dieting and the price was right so I bought them, I have never worn them, tried them on yesterday and low and behold they not only fit but were a bit loose....jeans that I wear in the evening to take the dog for a walk practically fell off last night when we were walking, my husband let me know it's probably time to put them in the GW pile....YIPPIE!!!!!

I will use these to stay motivated this weekend!!!!
My NSV was yesterday too and I grabbed my jeans for walking the dogs and they were so baggy and loose that I am thinking I have to get rid of mine too... not soon enough...

Quote:
Originally Posted by couts71 View Post
Good Morning all you IP Champions. I hope you all have a awesome IP day and stay on protocol. I have my first weigh in today since starting phase 2 and I am excited to see my total today. To all the new people who just started IP hang in there it gets better and you will be glad you did.
Hey Couts71 you are going to have an awesome wi today. It is finally going to get warm after the weekend you can now start wearing your biker shorts. (speedos?) and tank tops ..hee hee...

See you when you are back at work.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:02 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
Hi all
I am part way through week #1. so far I am pretty happy.
Do any of you track your calories??? I do and see no possible way to get to 1000 calories and stay at around 30 g of carbs. Am I missing something??
Momto2cs!!!.. & congrats on your successful IP start!.. one thing I've noticed in the many months I've been visiting this forum is that a lot of folks get way too hung up on numbers... just follow the program as written, it works...

hugs
Old 03-18-2011, 11:09 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Hello to everyone!

Day 5 for me...

This weekend will be a good challenge: my first IP weekend. I hope I can hang tough like I have been all week long! I think the trick will be to keep busy. I think that I am already starting to see results (or maybe I'm just crazy!), so I will remind myself of that to try and stay focused.

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 03-18-2011 at 11:10 AM.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:15 AM   #15  
IP with alternatives

S/C/G: 202/Ticker/140

Height: 5.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieB View Post
Hello to everyone!

Day 5 for me...

This weekend will be a good challenge: my first IP weekend. I hope I can hang tough like I have been all week long! I think the trick will be to keep busy. I think that I am already starting to see results (or maybe I'm just crazy!), so I will remind myself of that to try and stay focused.
Make a plan, a meal plan.
I have a really hard time on the weekends, but when I have a plan or schedule i'm fine a stay OP.
Good Luck, and tell us how you make out!
Closed Thread