Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 03:46 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 164/156/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugadiva View Post
HI all

..but today it's better and I stepped on the scale and am down 10lbs since Tuesday. Hmmm....still thinking there's something wrong with me scale! hahaha.
That's how I felt my first week. My first week I lost 11.4 lbs and I kept thinking is that really possible? It was just to hard to imagine losing that much so quick. But most likely you have lost 10. Good Job
Old 03-18-2011, 03:56 PM   #32  

Default Low Carb groceries in Ontario (GTA)

Hi,

I found a low-carb grocery store in the Scarborough area. The link is http://www.lowcarbcanada.ca/ They also sell 0 carb breads and bagels and 0 carb pizza crust! They have most everything you can imagine for a low/no carb diet and they have free shipping for over $75 order in Ontario and Quebec. I'm going to do a little shopping there this weekend.
Old 03-18-2011, 04:13 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueandwhite View Post
Ok, I'm having a scale crisis. It's really messing with my focus and motivation, and I'm hoping that some of you experienced IPers can give me some much needed perspective. I've already been so helped and ecouraged with all I've learned on this site over the last few weeks. So, please forgive me if this is lengthy, and whiny.

Today marks 4 weeks for me on IP, and I've lost 17 lbs, and I know that's better than I could ever expect doing anything else, and I'm happy about that. I have to miss WI# 4 today, because of some scheduling problems here today, and I'm actually relieved. I still haven't processed what happened at my last WI and thats what I need help with.

At my initial WI, I weighed 7 lbs more than on my scale at home, which was a bit more difference than I expected, but not shocking. I know my scale weighs a bit light, but I know what the numbers mean for my body. At my 1 week WI, I was down 6.6 lbs, which was pretty much the same as my scale at home showed. Week 2 was a challenge, as we were out of town for a family health crisis, lots of time at the hospital, etc., and on the morning of WI #2, at home I showed a 3 lb loss, which I was happy with. When my coach weighed me, though, she said it was another 6 lb loss. I was confused by that but didn't think too much about it. Then in my 3rd week, I really started to see and feel the weight loss, I was able to start wearing some different clothes, and my scale showed 6 lbs lost (6/3/6 so far). But, when my coach weighed me, it showed I had gained 1 lb, and I weighed TEN POUNDS more than on my scale at home.

I can't tell you what that did to my mind. I started the day so happy, and even though nothing really had changed, I was devastated, angry, and confused. The coach had nothing helpful to say, assuming I was off protocol, when it actually had been my strictest week.

I know I will keep going, but I'm not sure how to approach it. Should I look for ways to tighten things up? Add exercise? Go non-restricted for a while? Or just keep going as I have been?

I really want to maximize on the program; it's a huge financial sacrifice right now, and I want it to be as effective as possible.

So...HELP!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinhoutx View Post
I went for my first WI today, for day five since skipped the first weekend after my initial WI. I am not a good one for the regular doctor scales, it seems, maybe due to my center of gravity. Day 0 they weighed me at 335 lbs. My scale at home was about 330, so I figured it to be the shirt and shoes. For WI#1 the same doctor scale said 332. I protested politely because my scale at home said 321. The electronic scale was available this time so I went to that one next and it registered 320. I'll be using the electronic scale here on out. Considering the scale challenges, I guess my first loss will be 10 lbs. WooHoo! I didn't make note of the inches, but I think it was around 6" total between the measurements. (I took the scooter to the appt and I had to adjust the neck strap.)

I followed the plan exactly with no deviation or substitutions, and so far the only downside has been the sweetness of the fruity drinks, especially the Peach Mango. I did not get any of those for the second week. Fingers crossed for good progress on a full seven days.

For my lettuce, I found a tasty red-leaf lettuce (organic) at the local Sun Harvest store. It's not bitter like the green leaf at the regular market. I do wash and soak both the same way. Either something's not washing off the regular lettuce or it's just bitter to begin with. I am sticking with the WF Bleu Cheese for now...reading the opinions of the others leaves me a bit hesitant to venture.

Many thanks to the folks here in the forums for sharing and helping to set me on the path with the program. Have a great weekend!!!
I want you to both keep in mind that what I'm about to say is meant in the nicest way possible and it's also coming from a former "scale whore".

STAY OFF YOUR SCALES AT HOME

This will solve any discrepancy issues, period. Go with your coach/clinic scale...not even to say that it's perfect, BUT, weighing consistently on one will erase any doubt of discrepancy. I TOTALLY get wanting that instant gratification of seeing the numbers move more than just once a week. BUT, you've now experienced the downfall of doing that as well. I have made my husband hide our scale and not tell me where it is and it's wonderful. As my coach said "trust the program and trust your body". If you stay on program, it WILL work. Just look at all the amazing people on this forum who are weeks and months into this...they are shining examples of what this program can do. Some weeks will be bigger losses, others will be smaller or even none at all. But think about the last diet you were on, have you EVER had results even close to what you're getting now? I know I haven't! I was -14.5, 0, -3.3 and -4.0 at my weigh ins for a grand total of almost 22 lbs. in 4 weeks...that's an average of over 5 lbs. a week and while I was certainly dissappointed with the 0 in week 2, I trusted the program and my body and now here I am, 22lbs. less, with more energy, clothes that are starting to fall off, more organized and just happier. I have a long way to go yet and I know that but remember, it's not just all about the numbers...look at the other changes going on because of this program as well. It does work and will happen for you too

Wishing you both much luck, and please, get rid of those home scales!
Old 03-18-2011, 04:46 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 179/133.6/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyvrod View Post
First of all how crappy of your "coach" to assume to cheated. I don't like that one bit!
Just thinking of ideas. Had you just eaten? How much water had you consumed and perhaps not pee'd out yet? If you are on protocol and you know you are then the weight will come off. some weeks are better than others. Keep up good work.
Thanks for the encouragement! The only area I've been tweaking the program a bit is using vanilla RTD drinks in my coffee to avoid the cream and to mask the splenda taste. It's working well, I think, but after one week of using the IP drinks, which are really expensive, I noticed on here that people were recommending an alternative brand, EAS, that they had bought at Walmart. I went looking for it, they didn't have it at Walmart here, but I found one that is still way cheaper than the IP one, has double the protein & fat, and way less carbs, and is creamier, so it goes farther in the coffee.

So, 1/2 of one of these drinks has the same protein & fat as one IP packet, with less carbs, so I've been counting what I put in my coffee as my breakfast. I don't see how that's really any different than having a drink or pudding for breakfast, but maybe it's causing things to slow down?

I'm also wondering about exercise. Was afraid to start as long as the weight was coming off as so may have found that it caused them to plateau. Maybe now's the time to start?
Old 03-18-2011, 04:51 PM   #35  
IP Success Story

S/C/G: 345.6 / 249 / 250

Height: 6 foot

Well I just got back from WI#17 and my first one since starting phase 2. I lost -6.0 lbs and -2.0 inches that is a total of -88.4 lbs and -57.5 inches since starting IP. I love this program. Like my ticker shows I am first and goal from the 7 and looking for a touchdown. Have a great weekend all you IP Champions.
Old 03-18-2011, 04:55 PM   #36  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by couts71 View Post
Well I just got back from WI#17 and my first one since starting phase 2. I lost -6.0 lbs and -2.0 inches that is a total of -88.4 lbs and -57.5 inches since starting IP. I love this program. Like my ticker shows I am first and goal from the 7 and looking for a touchdown. Have a great weekend all you IP Champions.
Nice work, that is amazing! Keep at it, drive for the endzone. No worries you got it in the bag. Congrats on a great loss starting phase 2.

Have a great weekend!
Old 03-18-2011, 04:57 PM   #37  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:

WOW!!!! That is absolutely fantastic!!! Congrats!! Woot woot!!
Old 03-18-2011, 05:01 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 246(H)/238(IP)/(ticker)/150

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
wow! congrats! it's reassuring to hear that one's weight loss doesn't come to a screeching halt upon moving past phase 1.
Old 03-18-2011, 05:05 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 318/291/220

Height: 6'3.5

Smile Congratulations!!!!!

Quote:
That is an awesome weightloss in Phase 2!!!! Keep up the good work you are an inspiration to the guys and the ladies on here that it is possible!!!!
Old 03-18-2011, 05:12 PM   #40  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Wink

QUOTE=couts71;3764597]Well I just got back from WI#17 and my first one since starting phase 2. I lost -6.0 lbs and -2.0 inches that is a total of -88.4 lbs and -57.5 inches since starting IP. I love this program. Like my ticker shows I am first and goal from the 7 and looking for a touchdown. Have a great weekend all you IP Champions.[/QUOTE]

Hey Rene that is awesome, [

Em was told she can go on phase 2 next week but she is putting it off for a couple... I think she is a little unsure about going to phase 2 and after seeing your results maybe she will too.

I can't wait to be that close to my goals, not that I am complaining as I am so much further since last month I just get so excited for everyone. My turn will come. How many sleeps until your NY trip?
Old 03-18-2011, 05:28 PM   #41  
IP Success Story

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josephine216 View Post
Hi everyone,

WI was today and I'm still quite happy with this program (and myself).

I've found that since I've started this program, I'm a lot more organized. For example, Satruday mornings is ususally when I do the groceries for the week. I have a coffee and I make a list of groceries and a meal plan for the week. I involve everyone at home. I ask them to name something they'd like to eat that week and plan it. Makes it quite easy to fill in ~6 days. Some night it's leftover night. I love those nights! - my kids, not so much

My favorite things latelly are portebello mushrooms hamburgers, miracle nooddles with waldens fettuccinni sauce & shrimp and mushrooms. Also loving the grilled vegetables - quick and easy.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Portebello Mushroom Hamburgers are one of my favorite meals on IP congrats with your success keep up the great job you are doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deelee10 View Post
Hi all. I'm still sick. Called doc yesterday to get some cough syrup and he wanted me to come in. He wanted to listen to my breathing. He changed antibiotic and increased prednisone for inflamation. And he had me go get a chest x-ray to check for pneumonia. It wasn't. Just very bad bronchitis, sinus and ear infections. Was careful to pick out otc meds that did not have sugar in them. One does have aspartame though. Was worn out from doing all this while coughing all the way. I was feeling very sorry for myself. I stayed on plan until about 7 p.m. when I comforted myself with a cup of my son's xxxxxx xxxxxx. It did go down very easily. It could have been worse. There could have been more left. So I won't have that temptation tonight. Part of my problem is that I didn't have the energy to mix up a packet of something. Maybe dh can learn to do it for me. I hope the prednisone doesn't cause me to gain weight. I canceled my wi today. Just too miserable to go anywhere. Good job to everyone with good wi. Hang in there everyone who is struggling. Stay healthy.
I hope you start to feel better hang in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabsize8 View Post
I need some help with this question. I have been on IP since the beginning of January and have lost 21 pounds. Not as quickly as I would like, but I'm not complaining, it's success on the scale. I am going to start walking for exercise (3-6 miles/day) which I have always done. My coach said to have 1/2 protein bar before I go and the rest when I get home. Is this in addition to my usual protein bar that I have as a snack? Or does that count as my one bar for the day? They don't make things very clear.
My opinion would be to use only one protein bar because they are restricted items and only used once a day. Hope this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinhoutx View Post
I went for my first WI today, for day five since skipped the first weekend after my initial WI. I am not a good one for the regular doctor scales, it seems, maybe due to my center of gravity. Day 0 they weighed me at 335 lbs. My scale at home was about 330, so I figured it to be the shirt and shoes. For WI#1 the same doctor scale said 332. I protested politely because my scale at home said 321. The electronic scale was available this time so I went to that one next and it registered 320. I'll be using the electronic scale here on out. Considering the scale challenges, I guess my first loss will be 10 lbs. WooHoo! I didn't make note of the inches, but I think it was around 6" total between the measurements. (I took the scooter to the appt and I had to adjust the neck strap.)

I followed the plan exactly with no deviation or substitutions, and so far the only downside has been the sweetness of the fruity drinks, especially the Peach Mango. I did not get any of those for the second week. Fingers crossed for good progress on a full seven days.

For my lettuce, I found a tasty red-leaf lettuce (organic) at the local Sun Harvest store. It's not bitter like the green leaf at the regular market. I do wash and soak both the same way. Either something's not washing off the regular lettuce or it's just bitter to begin with. I am sticking with the WF Bleu Cheese for now...reading the opinions of the others leaves me a bit hesitant to venture.

Many thanks to the folks here in the forums for sharing and helping to set me on the path with the program. Have a great weekend!!!
Congrats on your weight loss keep up the great job you are doing.

Quote:
HI all

Day three for me and I am feeling a bit better today...last night I thought that my head might actually split open and I was feeling too nauseated to eat my whole dinner....but today it's better and I stepped on the scale and am down 10lbs since Tuesday. Hmmm....still thinking there's something wrong with me scale! hahaha.

thanks for all the support and encouragement! has anyone tried the IP Pizza recipe that was posted on the Recipe #2 forum? looks good and I'm thinking I might try it (without the olives..) OH....would veggie cheese be allowed on Phase 1?

PS - WTH is veggie cheese? hahaha.
Nothing wrong with the scale you are probably down 10 lbs just keep doing what you are doing and quit scale watching you are going to be fine and do great.

Quote:
Oh..one more question: do you take the two cal mag that you're supposed to have with your snack even if you have the snack in the afternoon? or would you hold off and take two with dinner and two at bed time? I have my snack in the evening but my parents are having theirs in the afternoon and taking the cal mag in the aft with their snack...I didn't think it was right, but it could be another case of the child thinking they know more than the parent huh? (Although i'm 34 and I hope I'm past that stage!) haha
Hey Suga, I would take the cal mag when you eat your snack be it afternoon or evening the important thing is to remember to take them.
Old 03-18-2011, 05:31 PM   #42  
IP Success Story

Thanks for all the comments on my WI today it just shows that we all can do this and it works keep it up all you IP Champions.
Old 03-18-2011, 05:33 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 179/133.6/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Congrats!! Have to admit I'm already dreaming of Phase 2 - I'm inspired!!!
Old 03-18-2011, 06:07 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 225.6/224.2/145

Height: 5'5"

Hello Fellow IP'ers,

Hope everyone had a great St. Patty's. I just wanted to post that I went to my cardilogist/coach today - who very happily for me has been absent and so Nurse Nancy took my measurements, weight and blood pressure. I started this program with a BP of 180/110, last week it was down to 120/80 and this morning it was 115/71. I am ecstatic, euphoric and it was nice to have lost another 2 lbs. as well. It may take me longer to reach my goal weight, but this achieving health thing -- Priceless.
Old 03-18-2011, 06:15 PM   #45  

Default Low Carb breads

When I went shopping for my IP products yesterday, the coach gave me a packet of chili which I saw was 14g of carbohydrates! I am only in week 2 and I thought it was a bit early for so many carbs in a meal. I'm going low carb shopping this weekend and in the store they have bagels that I thought I would try instead of having the chili for lunch. Here are the specs for the bagels:

Nutrition Facts: per 1/2 Bagel Calories 60 Fat 0g Saturated Fat 0g TransFat 0g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 20mg Carbohydrate 7g Fiber 7g Sugar 0g Protein 6g

I can supplement the protein with pure protein powder but I'm wondering if the Fibre should count as carbohydrate too which would bring in up to 14g of carbs. Still, I would prefer to have a 1/2 bagel which has more fibre than a IP bar so it might be worth it. I wouldn't start eating them until week 3 as my coach said not to add too many carbs until then. I know its off-protocol but as far as my body goes - it won't be able to tell the difference between an IP bar and a bagel.
Closed Thread