Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 11:31 PM   #181  

S/C/G: 188/188/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamarix1 View Post
Do you think that your color is 'off'? What did she mean by that? Try getting a litle sun, it is winter for heaven's sake. Congratulations on your great accomplishment of finishing phase 1. Please stay on chat with us as you continue your journey into phase 2. I know a lot of us who will not be on Phase 2 for a while will live vicariously through you until we can join you on the other side. We need to know what is in store for us. So please continue to share. Good luck on Phase 2! I, for one am very proud of you!
Mary
Thank you Mamarix1 , I will stay on and chat, I will not be going to phase 2 until next weekend. I decided I would give it all this week and no cheating and then I should be good for phase 2 next week. Lets hope the plan works. This is a wonderful support site, with great recipes.

My friend has tried the pancakes and she says it isn't working quite right? doughy she says... how do you make them can you help her maybe?
I just use the pancake recipe to the exactly. if you use to much water it will taste like dough. You also want to make sure to cook it long enough , I have to cook it untill it is brown on both side. It is not as good as a real pancake but with a small amount of WF pancake syrup it is not to bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrinking Sandra View Post
I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. My name is Sandra and I have been waiting for this day for over a month. I have finally signed up with IP and I start tomorrow. I am so excited to make this change, and am so happy to not only have an amazing coach, who happens to be an old friend from grade school, but also to have you guys. Everyone on here is so positive, and I can't wait to also be an inspiration to someone else.

I emptied a cupboard in the kitchen just for IP products, and can't wait to start.

See you all on the boards Hope you had a great weekend.
Just wanted to wish you good luck and say that no matter how the first few days go stick with it because it is worth it.

I have a funneral to go to tommorrow and find it kind of funny can't find anything to wear, the opposite problem to usual though everything use to be to small now I go through my closet and everything is to big. Kind of a ggod feeling , finally found something but it just sort of hangs off of me could still use a smaller more fitted size, but it will do.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:47 PM   #182  
IP START: March 20th 2011

Height: 5'5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontariophotogal View Post

You'll find so much support, advice and wisdom on this forum, it's incredible! I see you're in Ontario and I have a fabulous coach too...is her name Bev by chance?
Anyway, good luck with your first day tomorrow! Keep in mind that week 1 isn't all that fantastic for most but it only gets better and you'll see the lbs. dropping off in no time!
Thank you. No her name is not Bev. Where in Ontario are you? (Thornhill, for me.) I hear that the first week is hard, and I am happy that everyone has prepared me for that.
Thanks.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:49 PM   #183  
IP START: March 20th 2011

Height: 5'5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweety bird View Post

Just wanted to wish you good luck and say that no matter how the first few days go stick with it because it is worth it.

I have a funneral to go to tommorrow and find it kind of funny can't find anything to wear, the opposite problem to usual though everything use to be to small now I go through my closet and everything is to big. Kind of a ggod feeling , finally found something but it just sort of hangs off of me could still use a smaller more fitted size, but it will do.

Thank you. That must be a great feeling. I am sure it is stressful not having anything to wear, no matter if it is too big, or too small, but too big brings you joy and too small brings shame. Keep up the good work.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:55 PM   #184  

Quote:
Thank you. That must be a great feeling. I am sure it is stressful not having anything to wear, no matter if it is too big, or too small, but too big brings you joy and too small brings shame. Keep up the good work.
Thanks and good luck tommorrow and in the first week, make it through that and you are away to weight loss.
Old 03-21-2011, 12:04 AM   #185  

In order to stay 'regular', does anyone know if it is ok to take psyllium in the shakes? Does this add any extra carbs to our daily count? Is flax a better option than psyllium??
Old 03-21-2011, 12:34 AM   #186  

Quote:
Originally Posted by meonIP View Post
In order to stay 'regular', does anyone know if it is ok to take psyllium in the shakes? Does this add any extra carbs to our daily count? Is flax a better option than psyllium??
I aked my coach if there was anything natural we could take to keep regular and keep away C. I asked her this last week and she said this week she has not had a chance yet to talk to anyone. So if I find out I will let you know.
Believe it or not she also told me that she is going to a training seminar and one of the lectures is on IP and C, unfortunately it is not until April. I'll keep posted anything I hear. If they are having lectures on it it must be a problem a lot of people on IP go through.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:10 AM   #187  

S/C/G: 248/239/160

Had a huge NSV today. I am on week 7 on IP - haven't had an official weigh-in since last week but as of this morning on my scale, I have lost 29 lbs. I went to Dress Barn today to get some new jeans. I went into the Women's side of the store and one of the ladies there started helping me find sizes. We started with a size 18 - too big; tried a size 16 - still baggie; then she brought me a size 14 - Wow, it fit!!!!!!!!!! The sales clerk told me she got it from the Misses side of the store - then she told me "I have to tell you that you need to start shopping the other side of the store." It has been years since I shopped the Misses section of any store.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:10 AM   #188  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Quote:
Thank you. No her name is not Bev. Where in Ontario are you? (Thornhill, for me.) I hear that the first week is hard, and I am happy that everyone has prepared me for that.
Thanks.
I'm near St. Catharines and Niagara Falls.
Day 4 and 5 were the hardest for me but trust me, fight through it and it will get better. I'm into week 5 now and am thrilled with how I feel
Old 03-21-2011, 01:28 AM   #189  

S/C/G: 186/150/130

Height: 5'3" 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieB View Post
I am no expert but my coach tells me not to be hungry and that I could add extra celery, an extra dill pickle, hard boiled egg (preferably only the whites) or slices of lean cooked ham or turkey (but this was only recommended for the first two weeks... however, you could maybe try and as long as he is still losing weight, I don't see the harm).

I make my own salad dressing, maybe your husband would like this better: equal parts olive oil and apple cider vinegar and add a touch of dijon mustard, sea salt, a drop of lemon, a touch of minced garlic and any other seasonings that you like (basil, oregano, parsley). Just whisk together (or use your shaker). It does not keep well, so only make small amounts at a time.

From reading on this board, I have seen that some people find that the bars make them more hungry or give them more cravings... could this be your husband's case? Maybe try a salty snack instead (salt & vinegar or BBQ ridges?) or some other packet.
Thanks SusieB I will discuss that with our coach regarding the bars maybe making him more hungry. I will also give your salad dressing a try...sounds good.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:47 AM   #190  

S/C/G: 186/150/130

Height: 5'3" 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
Carrie ... I did IP last summer and early fall quite successfully, I might add. I lurk occasionally on the weekends and your post had me log in!

He's probably not getting enough food, plain and simple. Some coaches are terribly under-trained and don't understand that modifications can be made -- and often need to be made -- to the program for some people. It is **lunacy** to think that a 5'2" women whose optimal weight is 110 lbs with 97 lbs lean body mass needs the same amount of protein to maintain her body mass as a 5'11" man whose optimal weight is probably around 170 and LBM = 145 lbs, almost 50 lbs more LBM than the 5'2" woman. And yet, that is probably what some IP coaches are telling men and possibly some women are suggesting for their male partners.

Putting my away. Because of my height, my lean body mass (muscle, bone, water, organs, etc.) is more than many women's goal weight. Most men are the same. I almost never had fewer than 4 IP packets + meat/fish/poultry meal daily + 1 egg + additional oil. Some days I had 5 packets.

That's one idea -- more IP packets. Another would be to try a phase 2 approach for a few weeks --food (not packet) protein at lunch and dinner. He should also be trying to find the amount of food protein that satisfies him -- is it 6 oz? 8 oz? (probably not 4 or 5, )

Wishing him a speedy solution to his hunger!
I appreciate you taking the time to log in on this matter. This has been very difficult for him because he is always hungry and unsatisfied...I just don't want him to give up and quit...he still has 15 lbs to go. I will discuss this with our coach on Tuesday but may still do it if I'm not satisfied with her answer.
Old 03-21-2011, 02:03 AM   #191  
I have HOPE!

S/C/G: 290/254.5/170

Height: 5'8

Best of luck this week all my fellow IP'ers! You can do this and I am counting on you to help me do it too! hahaha. Enjoy the feeling of accomplishment and pride you are experiencing!
Old 03-21-2011, 07:02 AM   #192  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Arrow This thread is now closed

Please continue the conversation by posting all replies and new posts on today's chat: Monday, 21 March 2011

Last edited by EatAnts; 03-21-2011 at 07:03 AM.
Old 03-21-2011, 09:17 AM   #193  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. My name is Sandra and I have been waiting for this day for over a month. I have finally signed up with IP and I start tomorrow. I am so excited to make this change, and am so happy to not only have an amazing coach, who happens to be an old friend from grade school, but also to have you guys. Everyone on here is so positive, and I can't wait to also be an inspiration to someone else.

I emptied a cupboard in the kitchen just for IP products, and can't wait to start.

See you all on the boards Hope you had a great weekend.
Sandra!

I am new here too. I have just made it through my first week and (I think) I am looking forward to a pretty nice WI ("weigh in") later today. Please hang tough during the first few days. It may not be easy but the discomfort doesn't last too long, thankfully, and there is a light at the end of the tunnel!

I took Tylenol for the headache and had salt (preferably sea salt but I actually had a bit of table salt which is a no-no) when I was little off and it made me feel a lot better.
Old 03-22-2011, 02:19 AM   #194  

Default breakfast ideas

Has anyone tried anything other than the protein envelope for breakfast? I am in phase one. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and welcome! thanks! I'm a newbie...
Closed Thread