Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 11:46 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 182/182/125

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wekaba View Post
I would love to have some IP friends on
my fitness pal dot c o m.
My user name is the same there as it is here.
Jewels, I sent you an friend invite.
This is great, I'm going to love being able to compare food diaries. First glance and you gave me a new idea. Thanks!
Old 03-19-2011, 12:09 AM   #62  

I'm eating about 12g of carbs a day from my IP meals. I guess the veggies would add roughly another 10 or so. I'm not sure what the carb count is in the vegetables since I just eat what the Phase I says. So roughly around 22g of carbs a day for me. I do not eat any of the IP bars or treats. When I had my latest urine sample test at the doctors, he said that my ketosis was at the highest level it could be so I must be within a good carb range.
Old 03-19-2011, 12:26 AM   #63  
Start IP 3/9/11

S/C/G: 215 /167.4 /130

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewels09 View Post
This is great, I'm going to love being able to compare food diaries. First glance and you gave me a new idea. Thanks!
This will be great! I hope to find other IP-ers on MFP!
There will be more accountability since we can see each other's food diaries!

I see that we are the same height and I wish I weighed what you do! Hopefully I will some day soon!
~Wendy
Old 03-19-2011, 01:55 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 182(size16)/143(size 8)/132ish

Height: 5'6 started IP 2/2/11

OK..i forgot how good cauliflower was. Im so sick of broccoli.. (think I overdosed these past 2 weeks) dinner tonight was really good, doesnt feel like im on a diet when eating steak and good veggies.
Anyway this morning I reached my 25lb loss. Ive been on IP since 2/2/11 & am so happy. Ive reached my half way mark.
Congrats to everyone who have had successes this weekend. And hang in there those who are just at the beginning...it will get better.
Old 03-19-2011, 02:01 AM   #65  
I have HOPE!

S/C/G: 290/254.5/170

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by couts71 View Post
Well I just got back from WI#17 and my first one since starting phase 2. I lost -6.0 lbs and -2.0 inches that is a total of -88.4 lbs and -57.5 inches since starting IP. I love this program. Like my ticker shows I am first and goal from the 7 and looking for a touchdown. Have a great weekend all you IP Champions.
WOW.....great job cuz!! Keep up the great work....do you weigh yourself at home or am I torturing myself by doing that?
Old 03-19-2011, 02:07 AM   #66  
I have HOPE!

S/C/G: 290/254.5/170

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanmly View Post
That's how I felt my first week. My first week I lost 11.4 lbs and I kept thinking is that really possible? It was just to hard to imagine losing that much so quick. But most likely you have lost 10. Good Job
Thanks for the encouragement girl Have a great weekend!
Old 03-19-2011, 05:40 AM   #67  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
I'm sorry I'm so late mentioning this, but I celebrated your birthday on the same day as my son's. I think you are one of the most, if not the most, successful persons on this program; and probably the most modest.

Hey Linden how are you doing? My son-in-law has done this program with all alternatives along with my daughter...they started January 1st together....he lost 70 by the beginning of March and she is at almost 50. He is a tall kid and solidly built and now 199...and wants to keep going because it is so easy...my poor daughter has 100 more to go and it is much harder for her even though they eat identical (boys versus girls). Those first 2-3 months are awesome we lose so quickly and stay so motivated. I was so darn consistant with 3-4 pounds every single week and then I went on vacation and now cannot get my focus back...I know I could lose the last 15 or so if I would just bare down. Thinking of returning to my clinic and getting this done. My daughter may have to start at my clinic when she moves in with us in May.

How is your loss?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manysizes View Post
I'm confused. I checked out the site again and in the "simple side dishes" recipes, there are many recipes whose net carbs are from 3-7 net carbs. Also there are lots of other recipes on there in the other recipes that are very low carb. You can actually search the vegetable that you want to cook with. Where did you find the recipe that said it was 32 carbs net per serving? I couldn't find it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wekaba View Post
Can any one tell me the range of net carbs we are supposed to stay within?
I know the calories are between 800-1000. I find that my foods for the day always are in the 800-somethings or less. I'm just not sure how many NET carbs I should be shooting for.
Everyone worried about carbs....if you follow the protocol sheet perfectly you don't need to count calories or carbs....the diet will just work. I never counted a thing and lost every week. Now that I try to count and calculate and (cheat once a week)....the cart has rolled downhill. I need to get back to my clinic and just follow the protocol.

Good luck to everyone
Old 03-19-2011, 08:22 AM   #68  

Height: 5' 7"

I am still trying to un-do St Patrick's day. Have a great one everyone
Old 03-19-2011, 08:55 AM   #69  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Day 6 for me today...

Let me preface by saying that I have been counting calories and exercising regularly (sometimes more) since 2008. I managed to lose over 20 lbs that way but I have been stalled for over a year, which is why I decided to try IP. I was already drinking tons of water and counting calories before I started here.

Yesterday, after dinner, my husband suggested dessert and started handing out some treats that I find VERY hard to resist on a good day. I am also in the habit of giving myself treats on Fridays. I resisted the unmentionable treats and ended up reaching for a Pure Protein bar (I had that for "dessert" instead of my evening snack). I was happy in the moment. It satisfied me but it's restricted and I'm only week 1... I have mixed feelings about it. I wanted to stay 100% on IP products and avoid all restricted until at least week 3.

Also, I am scale watcher... I can't help myself... and it is bad bad bad!!! I am already comparing myself to others who are just starting here and making myself feel upset/disapointed. So far, I have lost approx. 1 lb per day that I've been on IP but I see that others have lost 10 lbs by day 3 and now I am slightly disappointed even though I think I am doing amazing (for me) and should not be disappointed at all! I am also perfectionist and competitive by nature BUT everyone is different and it is not failure to not lose as quickly as someone else! I am losing, I am a winner!!! I do not need to be the BIGGEST LOSER. I just want to reach my goal and look and feel better! I need to stay focused and stay away from restricteds!!! I think part of my scale watching comes from skepticism. It's been so hard for me to lose weight that I almost don't believe that it is even possible. I have a thyroid problem that also makes it harder to lose and I think I have partly convinced myself that I could not lose. My coach assured me that there are other participants of the diet with thyroid issues who are seeing "beautiful results". I need to take a leap of faith!

...and for my first NSV: I served my family a carb-loaded supper that I usually love and I didn't have ANY and I wasn't even tempted! I had 3 oz ground beef (kept separate from the sauce from the carb-loaded meal), 2 oz chicken, 1 cup mushrooms (sautéed in olive oil & sea salt, then I added a bit of water with apple cider vinegar and reduced on high heat) and 1 cup broccoli.

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 03-19-2011 at 09:05 AM.
Old 03-19-2011, 08:58 AM   #70  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manysizes View Post
I'm confused. I checked out the site again and in the "simple side dishes" recipes, there are many recipes whose net carbs are from 3-7 net carbs. Also there are lots of other recipes on there in the other recipes that are very low carb. You can actually search the vegetable that you want to cook with. Where did you find the recipe that said it was 32 carbs net per serving? I couldn't find it.
I think my eyes latched onto black sesame noodles. But you're right, it does look like a good site and I should probably have my tunnel vision checked into.
Old 03-19-2011, 10:14 AM   #71  
IP Success Story

S/C/G: 345.6 / 249 / 250

Height: 6 foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugadiva View Post
WOW.....great job cuz!! Keep up the great work....do you weigh yourself at home or am I torturing myself by doing that?
I stopped stepping on the scale awhile ago cause I found I was weighing myself everyday and overthinking what can I do to make it move. I just trust in the program and follow it. I also journal my food on an Iphone app I have called "Lose It!". I step on the scale before I go to my weigh in and compare my home scale to the one my coach uses.
Old 03-19-2011, 10:31 AM   #72  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieB View Post
Day 6 for me today...

Let me preface by saying that I have been counting calories and exercising regularly (sometimes more) since 2008. I managed to lose over 20 lbs that way but I have been stalled for over a year, which is why I decided to try IP. I was already drinking tons of water and counting calories before I started here.

Yesterday, after dinner, my husband suggested dessert and started handing out some treats that I find VERY hard to resist on a good day. I am also in the habit of giving myself treats on Fridays. I resisted the unmentionable treats and ended up reaching for a Pure Protein bar (I had that for "dessert" instead of my evening snack). I was happy in the moment. It satisfied me but it's restricted and I'm only week 1... I have mixed feelings about it. I wanted to stay 100% on IP products and avoid all restricted until at least week 3.

Also, I am scale watcher... I can't help myself... and it is bad bad bad!!! I am already comparing myself to others who are just starting here and making myself feel upset/disapointed. So far, I have lost approx. 1 lb per day that I've been on IP but I see that others have lost 10 lbs by day 3 and now I am slightly disappointed even though I think I am doing amazing (for me) and should not be disappointed at all! I am also perfectionist and competitive by nature BUT everyone is different and it is not failure to not lose as quickly as someone else! I am losing, I am a winner!!! I do not need to be the BIGGEST LOSER. I just want to reach my goal and look and feel better! I need to stay focused and stay away from restricteds!!! I think part of my scale watching comes from skepticism. It's been so hard for me to lose weight that I almost don't believe that it is even possible. I have a thyroid problem that also makes it harder to lose and I think I have partly convinced myself that I could not lose. My coach assured me that there are other participants of the diet with thyroid issues who are seeing "beautiful results". I need to take a leap of faith!

...and for my first NSV: I served my family a carb-loaded supper that I usually love and I didn't have ANY and I wasn't even tempted! I had 3 oz ground beef (kept separate from the sauce from the carb-loaded meal), 2 oz chicken, 1 cup mushrooms (sautéed in olive oil & sea salt, then I added a bit of water with apple cider vinegar and reduced on high heat) and 1 cup broccoli.
Despite your misgivings and concerns it seems to me that you're a good candidate for the IP program and I sure hope you stick with it. You seem to have gotten your head around the program.

About the weight loss -- let's face it, the people who lose 10-16 pounds the first week are usually (virtually always) male or weigh twice as you do and have 5 times as much weight to lose. If you're losing about a pound a day, proportionately you're doing fantastically well.

About scales. Scales are not the villain, it's how we use them. Scales merely convey facts. They are a record of a journey and, as such, should be viewed over the long haul. Please tell us in 4 weeks whether or not you think you had a good first week, OK?

And about carbs. At the risk of sounding preachy AND repeating what's been suggested many times -- instead of putting yourself in temptation''s way by preparing high carb meals for your family, why don't you do both of you a favor and cook well for the family? They can only profit from it and, if they're really supportive, they should be happy that you all might be getting healthier. Just musing. And the very best of luck along with your hard work.
Old 03-19-2011, 10:41 AM   #73  

S/C/G: 0/37/35-50 lbs lost

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrean View Post
hello fellow IPers. Day three of the novi cleanse for me not sure if it is the cleanse or just a bug but I am not feeling so hot today felt like I had a fever this morning and had some D (almost went home but the joys of being a social worker wouldn't allow me....damn crisis!). I started feeling a bit better by the mid afternoon but now I have a MASSIVE headache (which might be more related to dealing with the crisis haha). on the plus side the scale is being nice to me today hopefully it doesn't become a giant jerk by next WI!
Being a social worker is demanding and especially hard when you're not feeling well. I hope the crises is resolved and that you are feeling better soon. I would guess, only from what I've read from our other intrepid cleansers that the D may be caused by the cleanse. Not so sure about the headache. My sinus infection started out that way . Hope you feel better.

Last edited by deelee10; 03-19-2011 at 10:49 AM.
Old 03-19-2011, 10:51 AM   #74  

S/C/G: 234/217/160

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Default Fat Free Creamer

Good Morning
Saturday morning and I am usually by now heading to Tim Horton's for a Double Cream One Sweetner coffee! During the week I relied heavily on coffee with calorie reduced Coffee mate or other powdered creamers. This is probably the number one thing I miss. I just cant get used to drinking my coffee black even though my consultant has turned me on to the Splenda vanilla flavoured sweetner. I came across a product in the dairy section called Fat Free Creamer - breakdown is for 1 tbls (15ml) 15 calories, fat 0.4g; Sugar 1 g: Protein 1 g Anyone have any experience with, advice about or found a 0 0 0 creamer type option? I know it is a texture thing for me.
Old 03-19-2011, 11:05 AM   #75  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Good morning!
Day 6-went out for dinner last night and had a steak and a salad and no wine! My friends think I'm pregnant (not sure what that says about my usual drinking habits lol)!

Anyway-I will not worry about calories, but I still question how anyone fits the bars,chili or snacks into their day without going over 30 carbs...

I have about 15 pounds to lose...I exercise every day at a pretty intense level, but so far this does not seem to be impeding weight loss (I am down around 4 pounds) or killing me from the lack of food!!!

Happy Saturday!
Closed Thread