Old 02-16-2012, 10:15 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by kateleestar View Post
Hello allllll!

Tonight's dinner is my take on this: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/g...ipe/index.html

I'll be using whole wheat pasta, and left over veggies re-seasoned from Tuesday's dinner. I don't use fontina cheese, I just use mozz because I always have it around the house. I use jarred sauce, but more than what it calls for because we are a saucy family! I also don't put the butter on top or any of that.

And Riddy? That chicken was AWESOME that night, but I used the leftovers in the enchiladas last night and OMG so much better the next day. Like, just opening the tub I had the chicken boobs in was like 'woah! these smell amazing!' I added that recipe to my rotation.
You HAVE to use the fontina and smoked mozz, not regular mozz! Seriously - if I could bring you some, I would! It makes the dish!

Last night I ended up at my friend's house so I had a little plate of turkey sloppy joe meat and some sweet potato fries...and champagne...

Tonight will probably be Guyanese stewed fish with rice. I'm winging a recipe, so I hope it comes out well.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:38 PM   #92  

I changed my mind. I'm going to make a noodle bowl with some rice noodles, rotisserie chicken, broccoli slaw, stir fry sauce, and plenty of sriracha. I'll probably add in roasted broccoli, red/green peppers and mushrooms.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:31 PM   #93  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchy View Post
You HAVE to use the fontina and smoked mozz, not regular mozz! Seriously - if I could bring you some, I would! It makes the dish!
LOL. But I'm not 'buy an extra ingridient for one dish' type gal, lol. I have some smoked mozz at home, so I'll use that. We aren't really cheese people anyways... LOL. Just for you I will use the smoked!! Haha.
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 02:19 PM   #94  

Quote:
LOL. But I'm not 'buy an extra ingridient for one dish' type gal, lol. I have some smoked mozz at home, so I'll use that. We aren't really cheese people anyways... LOL. Just for you I will use the smoked!! Haha.
I LIKE this post!
Old 02-17-2012, 10:39 AM   #95  

S/C/G: 218/207/155

Bourbon chicken tonight (I think - its friday and we might go out instead).....if not tonight, then tomorrow

Oh and to go with the chicken, I'm going to make Crispy fried rice. Cooking it this way disguises it for my son. He won't touch "plain" brown rice LOL

Last edited by mammasita; 02-17-2012 at 10:45 AM.
mammasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:48 AM   #96  
is super awesome.

Ooo, bourbon chicken... lol.... YUM. I don't do takeout usually anymore, I can't count it, lol.. but I found a delish recipe a few years ago and make that... but it is NOT yours! So now I can try that one too, lol. Yey!

And tonights dinner is: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/02/c...hter-side.html in honor of Fat Tuesday tomorrow! lol. And I'm on TOM now, so the pasta will make me feel better, hahaha!! And ow.

On a side note, my TOM water weight did NOT throw be back over into the 200's like I had anticipated! Yippie!

Have a good day everyone!
Old 02-21-2012, 09:36 AM   #97  
is super awesome.

Tonight's dinner is:

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/07/a...rumsticks.html

With tenders, because I'm not a huge dark meat fan. To avoid dryness, I'll marinate them for an hour or so in some rice wine vinegar, low sodium soy sauce, red pepper flakes and crushed garlic.

With it, we are having our daily spinach salad and roasted broccoli & cauilflower with garlic cloves and pam! Yum, roasted veggies.

Have a good day everyone!!
Old 02-21-2012, 10:00 AM   #98  

I'm going to have leftover Turkey and Black Bean Enchiladas. I shred zucchini into it too. As a side, I have leftover Calabacitas.

Mmmm!
Old 02-21-2012, 11:31 AM   #99  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

Munchy, where do you find smoked mozzarella? That sounds so yummy!

Kate, congrats on leaving the 200's for good!

Tonight's dinner - I have no earthly idea. Right now, I'm leaning toward my usual standby - grilled salmon, roasted broccoli, and asparagus. I'm calorie counting and that's a pretty easy meal to count.

I think I'm going to take out some chicken and marinade it so I can make smothered chicken tomorrow (using reduced fat ingredients of course, and turkey bacon). http://www.food.com/recipe/bennigans...-chicken-87741

Last edited by grneyedmustang; 02-21-2012 at 11:32 AM.
grneyedmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:35 AM   #100  
is super awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grneyedmustang View Post
Kate, congrats on leaving the 200's for good!

I think I'm going to take out some chicken and marinade it so I can make smothered chicken tomorrow (using reduced fat ingredients of course, and turkey bacon). http://www.food.com/recipe/bennigans...-chicken-87741
Thanks, G!

And that smothered chicken from Bennigans was so good. I'm stealing that recipe! lol.. They closed our Bennigans down, boo. I loved that turkey-sandwich-on-a-pretzel-bun, lol.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:17 PM   #101  

Quote:
Originally Posted by grneyedmustang View Post
Munchy, where do you find smoked mozzarella? That sounds so yummy!
I buy it at a store that has a big cheese section. We have a grocery store that uses only local ingredients and they have a huge selection. Trader Joe's also carries a lot of cheeses when I'm looking for something different. And they have THE BEST blue cheese crumbles - cheap!
Old 02-21-2012, 12:24 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 218/207/155

Trader Joes, I LOVE Trader Joes....and speaking of my boy Joe, I have a veggie lasagna in the freezer from there. I think thats what I'm making tonight. Easy, plus I don't feel like fussing with chopping veggies and stuff.
mammasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 02:14 PM   #103  
is super awesome.

I read an article the other day that Aldi is owned by Trader Joes... That's pretty exciting to me, lol.
Old 02-21-2012, 03:28 PM   #104  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

Quote:
I read an article the other day that Aldi is owned by Trader Joes... That's pretty exciting to me, lol.
They are! Aldi has some really good prices on their groceries. They also have this wonderful dark chocolate bar made by Mosser Roth that is yummy and satisfying. I can eat a half of one (roughly 65 calories) and have my low calorie chocolate fix for the day!

Trader Joe's has some really good things too. We had them in Atlanta, and was one of the things I hated about leaving Atlanta. They should be in Dallas this year though (I can't remember if it was during the spring or fall). I can't wait!
grneyedmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 03:48 PM   #105  
Sarah

S/C/G: 172/ticker/125

Height: 5´4.5

Tonight I made ¨spaghetti¨I cooked up mushrooms, zuchinni, garlic and onion and tomatoe in a little olive oil and poured it over a cup of wheat maccaronis, with chocolate yogurt for desert....yummy!
lovemydoggiesx2 is offline   Reply With Quote