Old 01-25-2012, 03:55 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 190.2/178.4/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by grneyedmustang View Post
With another side of roasted broccoli. Yum!
The twice baked cauliflower looks amazing, I am going to have to try that!
I love roasted broccoli. I never even thought of roasting it until a year ago when a friend of mine made it. I also love roasted brussel sprouts, their little leaves get all caramelized and insides all soft, so delicious.
Jelma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 06:16 PM   #17  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelma View Post
The twice baked cauliflower looks amazing, I am going to have to try that!
I love roasted broccoli. I never even thought of roasting it until a year ago when a friend of mine made it. I also love roasted brussel sprouts, their little leaves get all caramelized and insides all soft, so delicious.
You roast almost anything and I'll eat it.
grneyedmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:22 PM   #18  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

Meeee too. Yum. It's how I get DH to eat "gross" things, lol...

And! Tonight! (I tried to post last nights and tonights yesterday but my computer crashed... so I shall try again.)

Tonight, we are having fajitas.

Here's my marinade:

Soy sauce, lime juice, chili powder & red pepper flakes to taste, crushed garlic and a weeeee bit o'veg oil.

Tonights fajitas include zucchini, onion, red, yellow, green and orange peppers, yellow squash, mushrooms and chicken for the DH - but I'll skip it to keep my cals down and things "moving" as I'm SO FLIPPING CLOSE to onederland I can taste it.

Served on corn tortillas with fat free sour cream for DH and greek yogurt for me. We use our favorite hot sauce: http://www.elyucateco.com/english/pr...-habanero.html (OMG YUM.) (We've been known to use a whole bottle in a sitting. And no, it doesnt hinder my loss, LOL. Love hot sauce.)

I'll be having mine with a big green spinach salad, with tomato, onion, peppers, broccoli, mushrooms and celery, with light great value ranch (yum.) on top. DH is "anti-salad" so he wont be having them. I'm not wasting my veggies if he's not wanting it anyways, you know?

Anyways. Last night's dinner was this:

Really good chicken, but could have been spicier: http://www.the-girl-who-ate-everythi...verything.html (I found it on Pintrest!)

With these baked fries: http://www.the-girl-who-ate-everythi...verything.html

DH made dinner last night to learn a lesson as to why its okay for me to finally sit down when he comes home... Because I'm up at 5 and I don't stop till he literally sees me sit down, lol. He needed to learn how time consuming it is to plan, purchase, prepare, clean for... Just all of it. He had NO AMERICAN IDEA and then last night, after dinner took him LOL two hours LOL he thanked my for making dinner 6 nights a week for 5 years. I didn't have that big a problem with it, its just a thankless job and it totally doesnt have to be. My dad thanked my mom all the time and told her how good stuff was and I'll be darned if DH doesnt do the same!

SO.. There's dinner. Have a good one ladies!
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:27 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 218/207/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayNicole View Post
looks like we are on a Mexican kick. All of this sounds really great, I can't wait to try some of them.

I am sorry to hear about the funeral Jelma.

Mammasita- I love allrecipes, the reviews are so helpful on that site.

Have you ladies tried skinnytaste.com? There are some really great recipes on there!
Heck yeah, I love BOTH of those sites!
mammasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 03:42 PM   #20  
No longer super size!!!

kateleestar, that chicken looks really good! I may try it next week and substitute agave for the honey.
Old 01-26-2012, 04:59 PM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kateleestar View Post
Served on corn tortillas with fat free sour cream for DH and greek yogurt for me. We use our favorite hot sauce: http://www.elyucateco.com/english/pr...-habanero.html (OMG YUM.) (We've been known to use a whole bottle in a sitting. And no, it doesnt hinder my loss, LOL. Love hot sauce.)
I like that hot sauce alot, the red one is super hot. Have you tried Sriracha (aka Rooster Sauce) yet? http://www.huyfong.com/no_frames/sriracha.htm I am obsessed with it. I put it on baked potatoes, anything mexican or asian. I also made a ginger chili paste that I found in my WW magazine the other day. I don't have the recipe handy but I will post it tomorrow if I remember, it is basically ginger, red pepper flakes soaked in boiling water, garlic, rice vinegar and oil. Good, hot and super cheap.

The fried rice from yesterday turned out pretty well. I threw together a quick salad with leaf lettuce, white onion, carrots and celery and served it with Makoto dressing. It is a ginger dressing like what you get at a Japanese steakhouse, super expensive but delish. I can't imagine it would be too hard to make though.

Tonight is my pilates class so it is probably leftover fried rice or fajitas unless I am feeling particularly inspired afterwards.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:09 PM   #22  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

I finally explored the nearby food co-op today. I bought fresh local tofu, local baby spinach and Indian curry sauce. I cooked it all up with red peppers - yum!

Tomorrow night I work late again, so I think I'll have leftover buffalo chicken chili out of the freezer. I've also made it with ground turkey or chopped chicken, and it works in the crock pot, too.

http://www.rachaelrayshow.com/food/r...chicken-chili/
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 08:21 AM   #23  
is super awesome.

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by grneyedmustang View Post
kateleestar, that chicken looks really good! I may try it next week and substitute agave for the honey.
It was tasty. It formed like a glaze almost. Really moist too, we liked it a lot! (However, I will make it a lot spicier next time!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelma
I like that hot sauce alot, the red one is super hot. Have you tried Sriracha (aka Rooster Sauce) yet? http://www.huyfong.com/no_frames/sriracha.htm I am obsessed with it. I put it on baked potatoes, anything mexican or asian. I also made a ginger chili paste that I found in my WW magazine the other day. I don't have the recipe handy but I will post it tomorrow if I remember, it is basically ginger, red pepper flakes soaked in boiling water, garlic, rice vinegar and oil. Good, hot and super cheap.
I love the red one for the heat, but I don't like its flavor as much. I'm weird, lol. My absolute fave is so hot my DH can't even have it. I used TWO drops of it on his chicken once and he couldnt eat it, LOL.

And that ginger chili paste sounds spectactular! I love asiany-hot stuff too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddy
I finally explored the nearby food co-op today. I bought fresh local tofu, local baby spinach and Indian curry sauce. I cooked it all up with red peppers - yum!

Tomorrow night I work late again, so I think I'll have leftover buffalo chicken chili out of the freezer. I've also made it with ground turkey or chopped chicken, and it works in the crock pot, too.

http://www.rachaelrayshow.com/food/r...chicken-chili/
I love local foods, but tragically for as big as my town is, I've never seen local tofu! I might get DH to try some if I could get it local, lol.. The packages at the store creep him out. And MMMM I love curry. It's so delish!!

Tonight I'm going out for a b-day dinner, at a local italian place. I was there once maybe 15/18 years ago, and I couldnt tell you what I got, lol... Here's the menu: http://www.luigisrestaurant.com/Menu_.html I might just get a big salad, no cheese. UGH. I'm tempted to get a side salad and the spaghetti with plain sauce, but I don't know how much sugar they use in it, so I can't get my calories right. BOO. HISS. I hate when I can't plan, lol. Thoughts? Suggestions? I'm not a big meat eater, so keep that in mind, lol.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:17 AM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kateleestar View Post
Tonight I'm going out for a b-day dinner, at a local italian place. I was there once maybe 15/18 years ago, and I couldnt tell you what I got, lol... Here's the menu: http://www.luigisrestaurant.com/Menu_.html I might just get a big salad, no cheese. UGH. I'm tempted to get a side salad and the spaghetti with plain sauce, but I don't know how much sugar they use in it, so I can't get my calories right. BOO. HISS. I hate when I can't plan, lol. Thoughts? Suggestions? I'm not a big meat eater, so keep that in mind, lol.
That menu sounds deadly, mmmm fried cheese sticks. What about the spaghetti marinara? Maybe you could ask for light oil, it probably is made to order.

Lost a pound this week I have been losing and gaining the same two pounds for months now, I have to admit I haven’t been particularly diligent in my weight loss effort. I think the loss was due to packing lunch and eating at home every day this week. And no alcohol this month.

Tonight it is probably whatever we scrounge up or Indian food (hopefully!)
Old 01-27-2012, 09:42 AM   #25  
is super awesome.

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelma View Post
That menu sounds deadly, mmmm fried cheese sticks. What about the spaghetti marinara? Maybe you could ask for light oil, it probably is made to order.
I'm down to getting the big antipasto salad, taking off most of the cheese, only eating part of the meats, NO OLIVES BARF, adding mushrooms and onions and getting the dressing on the side. I'm not really a huge dressing person, so I'll be good. I'll chalk it up to like, 800 or 1,000 cals and call it a day, lol. I'm not going to worry that much about it, but for the life of me, I have to stay on track because I'm so close to onederland. And I'm gonna make it there next week!!

Old 01-27-2012, 10:14 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

LEFTOVERS!

I love the WW one point chili, though I'm not on WW. It's awesome! I always use 1lb of turkey and two cans of black beans and approximate 100 calories/serving instead.

Minutes to Cook: 30
Number of Servings: 20

Ingredients
10 ounces extra-lean ground turkey breast
1 medium onion, diced
2 (28-oz) cans diced tomatoes
2 medium zucchini, diced
2 medium yellow squash diced
1 (15 oz) can black beans
2 (15-oz) cans fat-free, reduced-sodium
beef broth
4 celery stalks, diced
2 green bell peppers, diced
1 (1 1/4-oz) package dry chili seasonings

Directions
Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat. Add the turkey and onion and saute' until browned, about 10 minutes.

Transfer the browned turkey and onion mixture to a large soup pot and add the tomatoes, zucchini, squash, beans, broth, celery, bell peppers, and chili seasoning. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Continue to simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes

Serves 20.

Nutritional Info
* Servings Per Recipe: 20
* Amount Per Serving
* Calories: 76.5
* Total Fat: 1.3 g
* Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
* Sodium: 321.2 mg
* Total Carbs: 10.7 g
* Dietary Fiber: 3.0 g
* Protein: 6.5 g
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 07:37 PM   #27  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

I'm trying a new pressure cooker recipe tonight. Rosemary pot roast - onion, garlic, bay leaf, salt & pepper, fresh rosemary, beef stock and red wine. I added sliced mushrooms. I'm going to make gravy with the liquid and put it over mashed cauliflower. The gravy has a little dijon mustard in it. It's got an hour to go, but the house smells like rosemary already - smells so good!
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:49 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 198/180/150ish

Height: 5'5"

OK I am having a hungry day and I don't know why I am torturing myself this early in the morning but I can't wait for dinner tonight! lol I have a bunch of shrimp to use so I am doing this tonight...

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/05/b...od-shrimp.html
KayNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:59 AM   #29  
No longer super size!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayNicole View Post
OK I am having a hungry day and I don't know why I am torturing myself this early in the morning but I can't wait for dinner tonight! lol I have a bunch of shrimp to use so I am doing this tonight...

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/05/b...od-shrimp.html
Mmmm...that looks really good!

I think dinner is going to be a lean steak, a salad, and some sort of roasted veggie.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:58 PM   #30  
is super awesome.

Tonight's dinner shall be...

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/fo...di-Mare-238646

We are skipping the muscles, because I didn't see any at my store, and I'm adding more shrimp. Subbing the booze for chicken broth and adding in some fresh tomatoes and mushrooms.

With a big spinach salad on the side.

And this week DH is going out of town for work so I'll be able to eat OP ALL WEEK!!! So I'm hoping to be out of the 200's before he comes back late Saturday night.

Happy cooking everyone!