Old 02-09-2012, 10:50 AM   #61  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ames View Post
I made this last night - it was good. Although it didn't get sticky, just thickened up (I think real coke would get sticky because of the sugar). I added mushrooms and red peppers.

Thanks!
Yeah i was thinking that also but too scared to try lol because of the sugar might give it a try next week and take the points out my weeklys.
cookiedough34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 02:21 PM   #62  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

So I'm trying something different, I'm marinating a salmon filet in fajita marinade. I hope it's good, LOL.

Going to serve it with roasted broccoli and greek salad: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/good-fo...ad/detail.aspx

That chicken sure sounds yummy. Might be sunday dinner...Kate, those smashed potatoes sound really good too.

Last edited by grneyedmustang; 02-09-2012 at 02:22 PM.
grneyedmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 02:30 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

I'll probably cook tonight. I'm off tomorrow (and my daughter is still in school) so I can whip something up. Maybe I'll make Puerto Rican rice and beans.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 02:42 PM   #64  

S/C/G: S-218/C-170/G-159 & 24.9 BMI

Height: 5'7"-BMI-26.6=OVERWEIGHT

Taco Soup
LAgreeneyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 08:36 PM   #65  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

So Thursday and Friday were leftovers out of the freezer - chicken ginger cauliflower curry on Thursday, turkey chili Friday.

Today I worked, so dinner was pretty simple - steak over salad. NY strip steak cooked in a cast iron skillet. I seasoned it first with smoked salt, pepper, garlic & onion powder. The salad was arugula, yellow cherry tomatoes, celery, a few curry cashews, capers, and a pinch each of shredded cheddar and parmesan. Homemade salad dressing - blackberry ginger balsamic vinegar, harissa infused EVOO, ghost salt, pepper, garlic powder and basil. Nothing fussy, but very easy and yummy. I splurged on the beverage - a very hoppy ale. Mmmmm, haven't had a beer in a while.
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:36 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 190.2/178.4/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddy View Post
Jelma, my regular grocery store carries the Better than Boullion right in the same section as the broth and stock-in-a-box. The health food stores here carry the organic varieties.
Thanks Riddy, I will have to remember to look next time I go shopping. I actually went to the grocery yesterday but forgot to look.

Last night I made a roast in my slow cooker for the first time. It was wonderful. I have not had the best of luck in the past with it. Here is the recipe I used-

3 pound grassfed bottom round roast
1 onion sliced
1 bay leaf
1 cup water
2 tablespoons soy sauce
Salt
Pepper
2 cloves garlic, sliced

Rub roast with salt and pepper, cut small slits into the meat and stick the garlic in.

Layer the bottom of the slow cooker with the onion, place roast on top, add water, soy sauce and bay leaf.

Cook on low for 10 hours.

I served it with mashed potatoes and my sis made spanish rice. I also made a carrot cake.

Tonight my bf and I are going out to dinner, Maggiano's Little Italy. There is nothing low calorie there! Their chicken and spinach manicotti is wonderful, I always add artichokes to it.

Tuesday I will probably make 3 ways - Cincinnati chili (I make mine with turkey), spagetti & cheese or 5 ways which add kidney beans and onions.
Here is the recipe that I tweaked - http://allrecipes.com/recipe/cincinn...-i/detail.aspx For it to be more authentic, omit the onion and boil the meat in the stock and tomato sauce.
Jelma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:22 PM   #67  
No longer super size!!!

I'm supposed to be doing meatless mondays, but I really want these shrimp, so "meatless" will be Tuesday.

Tonight's dinner:
Lemon Ginger Shrimp: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/lemon-g...mp/detail.aspx
Roasted Cauliflower
Greek Salad
Old 02-13-2012, 01:30 PM   #68  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

Oooh, shrimps! Love shrimps.

And tonight we are having leftovers.... joy. Tomorrow I have a recipe in mind, but I have to find it for you guys -and myself- first!
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:19 PM   #69  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Mustang, I went meatless for you tonight! I made broccoli/shroom tofu soup in the Vitamix, topped with shredded swiss and parmesan cheese. That silly soup method is now my go-to dinner when I work til 7pm.

And those shrimp look really good. I LOVE anything gingery.

Last edited by Riddy; 02-13-2012 at 09:23 PM.
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:31 AM   #70  
is super awesome.

Tonight's dinner:

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/01/c...a-criolla.html I'm not making it in a crock pot, though. For one, DH doesnt like things "on" while no one is home, eyeroll lol, but I don't have time in the morning to make dinner. I'm already up at 5, lets sleep in a little bit... haha. So I'll be making it in a big heavy bottomed pot.

With these on the side, instead of pasta or rice.. Were cutting carbs a wee little bit in this house, lol:

http://familyfun.go.com/recipes/vegg...cakes-1022637/

I'm not using as much flour, I'm not using cornmeal. These will be modified to be mainly veggies. I might blend up some cauliflower for added texture.. And there will be cheese, but I'm not a cheddar gal so I'll be using mozz (2% reduced fat!)...

We will, as always, have a big spinach salad. YUM.

Last edited by kateleestar; 02-14-2012 at 07:33 AM.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:14 AM   #71  
No longer super size!!!

Riddy - thanks for the "meatless" support. LOL Those shrimp are REALLY yummy...they are one of my favorite recipes.

Kate, that chicken crock pot recipe looks really good...yum! Let us know how it turns out, as well as the veggie pancakes.

My dinner tonight is going to be pretty simple - grilled salmon, asparagus, roasted broccoli, and a salad.

Last edited by grneyedmustang; 02-14-2012 at 11:15 AM.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:01 PM   #72  

Shepherd's pie - I always add finely minced mushrooms (50:50 ratio) to my ground turkey (I don't like ground beef) and make a simple beef gravy.

I made it yesterday and didn't have a chance to eat it yet. It's today's plan!
Old 02-14-2012, 01:11 PM   #73  
is super awesome.

I don't like ground beef either! Its not a texture thing, cause I'll eat ground turkey, or a taste thing, cause I'll eat a steak. Its... I have no idea. I dislike ground beef, lol. My DH is always 'no one else likes ground OTHER MEATS but not ground beef but YOU!' and now I can be all 'nuh-huh, I totally know another person!'
Old 02-14-2012, 01:45 PM   #74  

S/C/G: S-218/C-170/G-159 & 24.9 BMI

Height: 5'7"-BMI-26.6=OVERWEIGHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by kateleestar View Post
I don't like ground beef either! Its not a texture thing, cause I'll eat ground turkey, or a taste thing, cause I'll eat a steak. Its... I have no idea. I dislike ground beef, lol. My DH is always 'no one else likes ground OTHER MEATS but not ground beef but YOU!' and now I can be all 'nuh-huh, I totally know another person!'
I'm the same as you. I don't like ground beef. It has a rubbery chew to it. I only eat ground turkey.
LAgreeneyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 02:50 PM   #75  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kateleestar View Post
Ha! It's the smell for me. The smell of ground beef cooking is just awful! And the meat is just so flavorless and dry. Eww!