Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 08:05 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/201/160

Height: 5' 7"

Default The dog days of August Thread

Okay, this month I am really going to quit slacking and post here more often. I only read the posts about once a week here and I feel like I've been missing out on everyone's victories.

Congrats to all who are perservering. We have all accomplished so much and even though we have further to go, I know we can do this if we just hang tough together.

I've already decided my goals for this month was to weigh in twice a week instead of once a week, come here daily for inspiration, and experiment with more recipes out of the cookbook.

This is meant to be ***TAKE 38 THREAD***

Anyone else have any August goals?

Last edited by Dolly; 08-03-2009 at 08:27 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-03-2009, 08:24 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/201/160

Height: 5' 7"

Just finished a killer weekend at work. I'm so glad I have tonight off.

I'm going to weigh in tonight and have no idea what the scales might show.

I bought a new food journal last week at Walgreen for the second half of my weight loss journey.

Last week I got so many compliments on my weight loss that I freaked a little and thought about cheating. I really dislike being the center of attention and the compliments were not all welcome. I guess I'm holding on to a little PTSS from a stalker I had when I was skinny.

Geez Louise, my legs are killing me from all the running around I did at work. Don't think I'll exercise tonight, lol.

Hope everyone else is off to a great start.

Last edited by Dolly; 08-03-2009 at 08:25 AM.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:50 AM   #3  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 239.5/232.5/140

Height: 5'4"

I am moving this post over from the July thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by E4FEwife
So I went to my class on Friday, having only lost 1/2 lb on preconditioning. There was sooo much information it was a tad owerwhelming. Today is the end of day day 2 and I have followed the menu exactly and drank all of my water (plus some). Last night I went to a huge party where there was TONS of food and the drinks were flowing. I opted to just sit and chat with some friends on the deck, far from the food, and drank my water all night; I actually drank an extra 64 ounces because of it. Which means I was hitting the restroom every 10 minutes! I am curious to see what the scale says on Tuesday when I go back and pick up my next menu.

Social eating and drinking is my big problem. I am a MRC repeat. I orgininally signed up in March and should have been on maitenance by now, but I did not completely dedicate my self to the program. I actually have been on and off the program and these boards since March, but I am ready to do it this time. I signed up for a 17 week special this past week and am doing preconditioning now. I go in to WI today and get my menu. I don't know if I lost much but we will see. I am just so ready to do this since I should be done by Thanksgiving. I will need support/ideas from everyone here to keep me motivated and honest. Good luck to us all!
Old 08-03-2009, 11:38 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 194/151.5/135

Hello all! I know I'm a new poster and it's not polite to come on her and grump so soon but UGH! I had a heck of a weekend! Made it through but MAN was it hard! Went camping Thurs. to Sunday. Camping I don't go crazy, but I don't usually hold fast to all my healthy eating rules. We have bacon, but use turkey bacon. Eggs, but use Egg Beaters, lean steaks etc. This time, I stayed on plan but still had to cook the camping food. I have 3 little girls who kept asking, "Can't you just have one s'more mommy? I made it just for you!" "Can't you just have 1 ear of corn mommy? It's from Grampa's field". Then, there's my husband "Man! This is the best BBQ Wings you've ever made hon. Sure wish you could have some!" ... and on and on and on... Then, Sat, I start my period so cravings are of course worse. THEN, Sunday night, we take the kids to a movie and everyone's munching on popcorn and candy. I haven't gone to a movie in a year, yet this is the second in 2 weeks we've gone to! What evil little spirit has it in for me?!?!? Ugh! But I made it. I ate on plan, except I goofed my pineapple. I forgot my sheet so couldn't remember how much I should have. I had 4 oz instead of 1/2 cup. Only down .1 (by my home scale) since Thurs. but I'm counting surviving my weekend as a NSV.

Sorry to complain so early in my posting history, but I needed that! My husband "tries" to be supportive but tends to sabatoge all over the place so when I talk to him, I tend to get a list of all the things he's eating. He says he really should be more like me but they are so good and then goes into a description of every lick and bite. Therefore, I thought you all might understand my vent and take it in stride a wee bit more than him.

Thanks I feel better... really... I think...
Old 08-03-2009, 12:53 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 201/See ticker/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ducksmom View Post
Hello all! I know I'm a new poster and it's not polite to come on her and grump so soon but UGH! I had a heck of a weekend! Made it through but MAN was it hard! Went camping Thurs. to Sunday. Camping I don't go crazy, but I don't usually hold fast to all my healthy eating rules. We have bacon, but use turkey bacon. Eggs, but use Egg Beaters, lean steaks etc. This time, I stayed on plan but still had to cook the camping food. I have 3 little girls who kept asking, "Can't you just have one s'more mommy? I made it just for you!" "Can't you just have 1 ear of corn mommy? It's from Grampa's field". Then, there's my husband "Man! This is the best BBQ Wings you've ever made hon. Sure wish you could have some!" ... and on and on and on... Then, Sat, I start my period so cravings are of course worse. THEN, Sunday night, we take the kids to a movie and everyone's munching on popcorn and candy. I haven't gone to a movie in a year, yet this is the second in 2 weeks we've gone to! What evil little spirit has it in for me?!?!? Ugh! But I made it. I ate on plan, except I goofed my pineapple. I forgot my sheet so couldn't remember how much I should have. I had 4 oz instead of 1/2 cup. Only down .1 (by my home scale) since Thurs. but I'm counting surviving my weekend as a NSV.

Sorry to complain so early in my posting history, but I needed that! My husband "tries" to be supportive but tends to sabatoge all over the place so when I talk to him, I tend to get a list of all the things he's eating. He says he really should be more like me but they are so good and then goes into a description of every lick and bite. Therefore, I thought you all might understand my vent and take it in stride a wee bit more than him.

This sounds like a HUGE NSV to me! Way to be tough and persevere! Keep it up the great work!
Old 08-03-2009, 01:00 PM   #6  
Lynn

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ducksmom View Post

How great that you were able to stay OP even through all that! You should feel great and give yourself a huge pat on the back!
Old 08-03-2009, 01:06 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 201/See ticker/140

Height: 5'2"

Default Good news

Well, good news today. I got to sign the 40 pound board! I'm so glad to see the 160's go. 2 times before I've gotten down to 165, stalled, and then gained it all back plus some. To see 159 on my scale was such a relief. Sort of feels like a broken jinx or something!

My only disappointment has been lack of inch loss in my baby pooch (not sure I can still call it that when my last 'baby' was 12 years ago!)...not one inch lost in a month, but I sure lost in my chest! What's that about??!! Totally not fair! So, I feel a little lopsided these days, but hopefully the last 20 pounds will finally go from the stubborn areas now.

So my August goal is really just to persevere and try not to let my head psych me into a struggle with the last 20 pounds. I'm up to working out an hour about 4-5 times a week, and now that I broke through the 160s I'm going to add more weight training.

Good luck to everyone! Stay strong! We can do it!
Old 08-03-2009, 02:28 PM   #8  

I am back from my 10 year HS Reunion and I had a blast!!! Looked great in my new dress and enjoyed myself all weekend. Ate fairly OP although there was a lot of alcohol. I weighed at home and was up 4 lbs but my scale isn't the same as at the center so I'm not sure how much I am off. I am totally back on today though and more determined then ever.

There is a chance I might be going to Australia in a few weeks for 17 days and I am super excited about the experiance but terrified because my goal is Sept 12.

I'll keep everyone posted.

Great job on all the losses and everyone who got to sign boards!
Old 08-04-2009, 08:57 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

Hello all my MRC friends plus all the new ones who have joined. It's been a long summer and I got way behind in posting and reading, so I have so much catching up to do. Plus I should have kept notes because now I have to go back and find some old posts, such as their favorite HNS flavors and tips on just starting.

Yes.....I finally joined yesterday!!!! Signed that dotted line, a little nervous because of the costs plus wanting not to fail. I get my menu Friday, so I guess I will spend the weekend shopping for the "Right Stuff". I am so excited though. I was doing pretty good until the summer hit me and just too much fun on vacations. But no looking back now....it's all a new way of life for me.

I wasn't told much about pre-conditioning to what actually to eat. I had given up the caffene in May and started drowning in water at the same time, so I don't think I will have too much of an adjustment, except for the menu. I have decided to not buy into the pills that are offered at the center, but I have already been taking the multi vit and purchased the flax oil seed pills. I hope all I need to buy is the HNS's...and if they are cheaper on line, I will probably try that route later. I hope because I have decided not to do their other pills that it will not effect my weight loss. I guess we shall see. My garden tomatoes are coming in, so I will just die if I can't have them on my menu...otherwise, I will be getting my fill of them this week.

Ok, everyone...it's been nice to posts again....I will try to catch up with everyone later....I hope to be as successful as all you wonderful posters here. You all motivated me and knowing I can sound off here is what will count on. Thanks to all of you.
Old 08-04-2009, 11:15 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 188/151.5/141

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Succeed09 View Post
Well, good news today. I got to sign the 40 pound board! I'm so glad to see the 160's go. 2 times before I've gotten down to 165, stalled, and then gained it all back plus some. To see 159 on my scale was such a relief. Sort of feels like a broken jinx or something!

My only disappointment has been lack of inch loss in my baby pooch (not sure I can still call it that when my last 'baby' was 12 years ago!)...not one inch lost in a month, but I sure lost in my chest! What's that about??!! Totally not fair! So, I feel a little lopsided these days, but hopefully the last 20 pounds will finally go from the stubborn areas now.

So my August goal is really just to persevere and try not to let my head psych me into a struggle with the last 20 pounds. I'm up to working out an hour about 4-5 times a week, and now that I broke through the 160s I'm going to add more weight training.

Good luck to everyone! Stay strong! We can do it!
Good job. Keep up the good work.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:04 PM   #11  
Lynn

Fifties Lady, I've been wondering where you've been and YAY for you finally becoming an 'official' MRC'r!! Congrats and know you've been missed.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:48 PM   #12  
Lindsay

Hello all! I don't think I remember too many of you from the spring, when I originally began MRC. I remember janet and fordforlife...are those ladies still on the program?

Anyway, so I am starting again, new contract, 17 weeks for $99. So, I am really comitted this time. I started precon on Sunday and went to WI yesterday and had not lost. I know I am down a few pounds this morning though. My counselor wants me to get below 200 during precon so she can put me on the yellow menu days 1-5 and 6-11. Has anyone used this menu? My counselor said it would make me drop weight fast and is really structured.

Well, good luck to you all and hope to get to know you ladies soon. I will need all the support I can get.
Old 08-04-2009, 01:14 PM   #13  
Lynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmickley View Post
Hello all! I don't think I remember too many of you from the spring, when I originally began MRC. I remember janet and fordforlife...are those ladies still on the program?

Anyway, so I am starting again, new contract, 17 weeks for $99. So, I am really comitted this time. I started precon on Sunday and went to WI yesterday and had not lost. I know I am down a few pounds this morning though. My counselor wants me to get below 200 during precon so she can put me on the yellow menu days 1-5 and 6-11. Has anyone used this menu? My counselor said it would make me drop weight fast and is really structured.

Well, good luck to you all and hope to get to know you ladies soon. I will need all the support I can get.

Good for you for getting back OP! I remember you, but you may not remember me, who knows. I joined back in April.
Old 08-04-2009, 02:31 PM   #14  
Lindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsmama View Post
Good for you for getting back OP! I remember you, but you may not remember me, who knows. I joined back in April.
Wow, so you lost 40lbs so far? Way to go! When do you reach goal? I just really want to stick with it this time. Do you find it gets easier or harder?
Old 08-04-2009, 08:02 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsmama View Post
Fifties Lady, I've been wondering where you've been and YAY for you finally becoming an 'official' MRC'r!! Congrats and know you've been missed.
Hello Noahsmama....thank you so much...I missed everyone here. I wanted to wait till my summer vacations were over and our Anniversary celebration was over. Now I am ready to get down to business.

I do have a question, how did most of you keep the food journal? Did you have any form that you used or do they give you something at the center? I'm not good at keeping track of everything I eat, but I heard that it really works.

Also, what were your favorite HNS's concentrate flavors? I should have written all this down when I was first researching here.

I will take any hints anyone has to offer....Thanks in advance!!!
Closed Thread