Old 11-21-2014, 08:45 AM   #106  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

Dottington - I think my problem is that on my "eating" days, I haven't adjusted my calories down enough as I've lost weight. So with 5:2, I've been maintaining instead of losing. 4:3 seems to be working, but I'd like to eventually be eating less on "eating" days so I can go back to 5:2.

Ries - Thanks for the concern. I've spoken with my gyno and GP about it and have had bloodwork done. Everything is normal and neither of them are concerned. It's never resulted in passing out or interfering with daily life, so unless I magically figure out what's causing it (definitely not dehydration considering how much water I drink!), I guess I'll just suck it up until I feel like getting poked and prodded a little more lol

Well, I did make some changes this week and saw a nice drop! I made my goal for November already, and am well on my way to my goal for this challenge. It's a small goal, and I would be THRILLED to surpass it. However, I didn't know how well I would do over the holidays so I won't be changing it quite yet. Anyway, I feel especially awesome this morning because I've FINALLY hit 50 POUNDS LOST! Woohoo!
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 06:21 PM   #107  
Counting bites!

S/C/G: 282/255/130

Noname - congrats on the 50 pounds! That's awesome!

I went outlet shopping today! I bought some new sweaters and some clothes got the kids, but my favorite purchase is this gorgeous brown leather coach bag that I scored for $86! I wanted to cry when it rang up at that!

To celebrate our shopping my friend and I went to a local burger bar that's omgamazing! And I had a delicious burger and a coffee and donuts milkshake. It's been a great day!
izzyboomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 08:29 AM   #108  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Howdy ho!

I've been out and about the last few days. I've not been eating particularly good but I think I've managed to counter act it with the amount of walking that I've been doing. Still holding strong at 162 lbs, which I'm cool with for this week, but next week I want to kick up the pace and get to 161 lbs. I'm going to watch my carb intake and exercise one day on and one day off like I was when I saw the massive drop in weight.

Although I'm English I will be celebrating Thanksgiving with pizza on Thursday, since my American fiance has told me that I need to get used to American traditions! So I'm quite looking forward to that.

------------

noname - Glad your blood work has shown nothing to be concerned about. It's probably something you're not getting a lot of in the day. Perhaps an iron deficiency? Maybe too little of a certain vitamin? HUGE congrats on 50 lbs lost and your drop!! That's amazing!!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 03:57 PM   #109  
Counting bites!

Riestrella - aw, too bad you can't celebrate with something a bit more traditional than pizza! I cooked a HUGE thanksgiving meal for 30+ people when I was living in Manchester in my tiny flat. My turkey was too big for the oven so I had to put foil over the opening! Lol!

Enjoy your thanksgiving!
Old 11-23-2014, 04:39 PM   #110  

S/C/G: SW:171 CW:see ticker GW 120

Height: 5'1

Doing good so far I'm down a ob and I'm not gonna sweat turkey day
skittlesfirehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 06:35 PM   #111  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzyboomama View Post
Riestrella - aw, too bad you can't celebrate with something a bit more traditional than pizza! I cooked a HUGE thanksgiving meal for 30+ people when I was living in Manchester in my tiny flat. My turkey was too big for the oven so I had to put foil over the opening! Lol!

Enjoy your thanksgiving!
Oh wow, that is some crazy dedication! How did it turn out? Well, since my Mum does turkey for Christmas Day it would be over kill to try and do it for our mini-Thanksgiving I think! You lived in Manchester? I love Manchester, I was there on Friday! Were you a student there?
Old 11-23-2014, 07:31 PM   #112  
Counting bites!

I was a student and I loved living in Manchester. And that turkey came out perfectly! :-)

I understand about turkey overkill; here Christmas dinner will vary according to religion, tradition and location.

In my huge italian family we used to eat a LOT of fish, but as time has gone on and numbers have dwindled, we switched to Ham. Some people eat roast beef or prime rib or pork roast. I know some people that eat goose, but very few people I know eat turkey for Christmas.

This topic is making me hungry!

What is everyone eating for Thanksgiving?
Old 11-24-2014, 05:00 AM   #113  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey everyone, here are the week 3 charts!

20-Somethings Chart:

Overall Chart:
Old 11-24-2014, 09:49 AM   #114  
Counting bites!

Being in the top 10 is very motivating! Yay!
Old 11-24-2014, 03:06 PM   #115  

So a lot of people are noticing how thin im bcoming.i had one guy make a joke asking how I kept so thin and a coworker comment to another coworker how good I look in tight clothes
Old 11-24-2014, 07:20 PM   #116  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

I just had an epiphany a few days ago so I switched my diet plans, this while probably cause a slight fluctuation but hopefully it won't last long!
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 08:52 AM   #117  

Ugh I fee like if I was at the gym the weight would be falling offf
Old 11-25-2014, 02:52 PM   #118  
Lifestyle Changes

S/C/G: 295/sig/175

Height: 5'9

Hey all, I had a bit of "end of semester freak out" and went out to the bar with my friend, got pretty drunk and spent the next day eating junk food and writing a presentation for my Anthro class.

Classic college? Yes. Classic me? Not really. I spent too much money at the bar, felt awful the next day, missed my workout.../sigh. But these things happen.

So my 'no cheats til Christmas' kind of bombed but it did give me the realization that I usually make it about two weeks before having a big cheat day and that seems to be a number I just can't break. So I decided to do the Fat-urday cheat meal, NOT day, where I will let myself have a dinner, dessert and one beverage I normally don't drink like soda or chocolate milk.

Saturdays are also weigh in days which is good because I will weigh in the morning and have my dinner that evening be the big one, with a few days before the next weigh in.

So I am looking forward to this change and I am excited to get back in the gym today after a few days off. Have had some rough days but I'm excited to get back to it and hoping to see 185lbs by Christmas.
thewalrus0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 12:04 PM   #119  

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'4 with Cuban curves!

Well, I just got back home after visiting my family, and as predicted, my Mom lost her mind after day 1. I landed, we had a nice first afternoon. The next day, my dad and grandma picked andre and I up in the afternoon (as agreed by Mom) to take us to the beach where dad lives (abour 40 minutes away). We had a nice day there. We were trying to figure out how to get back to Mom's house. Dad said we could borrow one of his cars, but then he would have to get one of his employees to drive it back to the beach for him. Instead of making someone outside that family do that, we asked Mom if she could pick us up, and she said sure that would be fine. The next day, she picked us up, and as soon as we saw her, my brother Andre and I both said "hey mom, thanks for picking us up!" then she promptly started yelling about how we don't respect her or her time, and we treat her like our own personal chauffeur. She yelled that we don't respect her time as much as we respect dad's time, and that we are horrible ungrateful children. I have learned over the years that the only way to deal with her when she becomes like this is to sit there in silence. My brother used to do the same, but he just left for college at Johns Hopkins a few months ago, and he is tired of being treated like crap by Mom and just having to put up with it (he is exactly right too, it's ridiculous). I've put up with it since I left home so I could spend time with him as a kid, and because I want to be able to how a decent relationship with her, but now the dynamics have kind of changed. Anyway, Andre replied with logic. He said "it's not that we don't respect your time. Dad had to be at work at the hospital at 7:30 this morning, on the opposite side of town, so he really couldn't take us to your house, so we asked if you were available to, you said you would, so we didn't look for other options. If you couldn't pick us up or didn't want to, you could have said no" this made my mom go from yelling to screaming. "(Just some background: Mom and Dad got divorced 2 years ago, and Mom does not work, Dad pays her $144,000 a year in alimony!). She screamed that "it would be nice if for once you two would think about your mother and her needs before you just make decisions and assume I'll always be here to serve you like your slave at this point Andre was fuming (as was I, just silently) and said "you know what would be nice mom? if for once Emily could come down here to visit and we could just have a normal time as a family without you getting mad and screaming at us for something we didn't do. THAT would be nice" at that point. My mom pulled over the car and told us both to get out, she was done with both of us and didn't want to see us again. This is not a new thing for my mother, when I was 13 she kicked me out of the car in the middle of south tampa and it took me hours to walk home alone. She did the same thing to my brother multiple times as well. No concern over our safety, just kicks us out of the car. So, Andre and I grabbed our stuff and walked back to my dads house. when we eventually got there, grandma was so confused, she didn't understand what had happened, and when we told her, she didn't believe us at first. It's such a crazy thing, that it seems like we should have done something so horrible to warrant that reaction from my mother, but that's exactly what occurred. Of course, after that it was just awful, because I was flying out the next day, and mom had my suitcase at her house. We were able to arrange picking up our stuff early before I left, but she tried to pull the same crap of blaming us for what happened, and Andre just won't put up with it anymore, and tried the logic approach again, which made her furious again because we didn't grovel at her feet. We got our stuff, I gave her her xmas present anyway after all of that, she didn't even say thank you to me, and we just left, she was so angry she didn't say goodbye or anything. It was just unreal.

She can be fine sometimes, but then she can be so paranoid any perceived slight turns her into an actual monster. And there's nothing you can do to calm her except to accept the blame for her feelings and grovel, and admit "yes, mom, I'm a little **** and you're right" and then eventually after yelling at you about it a few hrs she may calm down. Last xmas she called me a racist (against southern people?) for listening to jeff foxworthy in my house on xmas day, and the only reason I didn't kick her out was because andre was with her. When I got my wedding dress I invited her to see it and she said it was awful and that I was selfish choosing it without her and that I was horrible and ungrateful for not having her involved (i did invite her, she couldn't make it up and i had to find a dress!!!) and I ended up crying in my wedding dress in the store with a clerk calming me down. And again, the only reason I took the blame for it was because my brother was with her and I didn't want him to deal with the fallout alone. UGH! He's just so right, we don't need to keep putting up with this. I just waver back and forth. She texted andre yesterday saying she really wanted to talk to him, that her soul is really hurting from the situation (that's the next step, the "i'm so sad, you don't want to be awful by being mad to your poor sad mother do you?) Andre said he really didn't want to talk to her and he didn't know what to say. I told him if he really didn't want to talk to her, he could just say something like "I'm not ready to speak with you about this. I need some time to think". And he is already so stressed with the change of being at Johns Hopkins now, he is so stressed, and he needed this break to relax, and now he is even more stressed dealing with this situation with her, which I totally get. Ugh. Sorry this is so long and ranting, I'm still processing it too. She gets so upset that my older sister never want to see her, and she is so mean about it, and then she gets all, poor me, nobody loves, etc, and it's just like you know, if you wouldn't treat us like crap when we try to spend time with you and be nice, we would have a decent relationship! I've been going back and forth between just dealing with this, and wanting to cut her off completely for years. Just dealing with this forever though, is just not okay!!!! I just can't be treated like this the rest of my life.

ok, on another note, everyone here is doing so great! and I was able to lose weight despite calming my nerves with a giant toblerone bar with my brother yesterday. And now, I'm right back on track.

thewalrus0 congrats on getting right back on track the next day! that's the real battle. We all cheat eventually, if you couldn't incorporate and recover from cheats in your daily lifestyle, you would never never be able to maintain anyway, so it's good practice! I hope you make your goal, where you are now is actually my goal!

Last edited by Claygirl1518; 11-26-2014 at 12:12 PM.
Claygirl1518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 12:15 PM   #120  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Claygirl...my heart hurts that you and your brother had to deal with that. Can I ask, has your mother ever explored getting help from a psychiatrist? I'm glad you are home away from that awful environment now. Hopefully since your brother is older you can get together without your mother around. I'm pretty sure I would have eaten everything possible with that stress...good for you for staying in control (I would consider one candy bar being in control!)

This week is going well so far. Thanksgiving should be relatively easy since we will be at a restaurant. For someone reason I'm thinking I will be less likely to over indulge..Here's hoping.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote