Old 10-01-2013, 01:42 PM   #211  
Underdog to Beastmode

S/C/G: 231/192.8/125

Height: 5'3"

I am at 200.8! I'm almost at goal! So stinkin excited!

Have a little bit of a knee injury so I'm focusing more on weight training and light walks for the next few days until the knee heals up.
namaste984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 02:18 PM   #212  

S/C/G: 238/203/140

Height: 5'4

Oh my god this past week was kind of ridiculous for me. I had two birthday parties I went to, and totally had way too much cake & ice cream at both, and then this weekend I was helping out for a bake sale. I made enough baked goods to fill 26 boxes, and I so did not even try to stop myself from sampling the little brownie bites or cupcakes or cookies. Add this to school stress, and I was going to be happy to have just not gained anything by weigh in this morning.

But! I'm down another 2 lbs. I think I'll need to be a little more careful this week, though, lol.
versace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 07:42 AM   #213  

S/C/G: 212.6/Ticker/137

Height: 5'5"

Geez Louise, I need to get my head in the game again haha. Scale keeps going the wrong direction. I feel that this weeks gain is part TOM bloating and of course my own doing with celebrations post playing my last derby game of the season.

NOW, time to refocus. There's a zombie walk here this weekend. Definitely won't be a sexy costume, but definitely fun time to pre-test a costume.
dehtripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:05 AM   #214  
Newb!

I've gained nearly a pound because I've been sick for the past week and a half. Also, I had food poisoning Monday, and I've been so stressed out from work and school right now I am snacking on grapes while studying to motivate myself, and when I am better I will start exercising again (as I currently can't even walk too much without spurring a coughing attack).
Ms A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:17 AM   #215  
HijabiMommaBear

S/C/G: 335/ticker/316

Height: 5' 8"

anity- thank you tea sounds like a great idea!

Riestrella-- I will eat on healthy days Salads and chicken and rice combos. breakfast will be something with an egg. and fruits and veggies.
on my unhealthy days would be like anything i get my hands on. I think I need balance and Im always feeling guilty if I have chips or comfort food. What does your normal day look like?

KissKiss- Wow your pictures are amazing you are beautiful lovely!

Mara- Woohoo thats awesome!

Namaste- woohooo!!!!! Go you!!!!

MS A- I know the feeling. but alot of times when you are sick your body holds onto water. Oxygen is used in all metabolic processes and our bodies get it and make water and its probably what going on with your body fighting some sort of microbe off. Hope you feel better soon!

Versace- Great job! Parties are so hard for me! I am socially awkward and use food for comfort. Thats a major win that you did good! Awesome and kudos to you!

dehtripper- In the same boat. I am just getting back on track.

Everytime I look at the challenge chart I think arrrrgh! if i would've just stuck with it. But But But! lol I am still at it. I am trying to look at the fact that I am still here and working at it. I want to go get some weights when I get paid and tomorrow I want to start doing pilates. I am here and trying and thats what counts the most. I know I am doing my best. (some days not so much but still here) I know I need balance and the balance is what I am working at.

Last edited by jessica2231; 10-03-2013 at 09:22 AM.
jessica2231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:53 AM   #216  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

Riestrella:
thanks for sharing that link. I'm going to try to make a similar chart for myself. Congrats on being asst director! That sounds fun! What genre movie will it be?

namaste:
soooooo close !!!

versace:
congrats on being down two pounds. I am salivating imagining all those baked goods lol. I used to work at Mrs. Field's Cookies, so I can definitely relate to being tempted by cupcakes and brownies.

dehtripper:
Good luck on your zombie walk!!! I gain a little during TOM, so it can definitely be that. Derby...as in roller derby? those girls look awesome! and tough lol.

Ms A:
Being sick and food poisoning are pretty legit reasons for not losing weight/exercising. Don't be too hard on yourself, you'll start exercising again when you feel better!!!

jessica:
thank you
you are still going, you haven't given up! that's the most important thing to remember. I have weights, I just haven't given them the attention they deserve. Going to try to change that soon because I know toning is just as important to losing weight. Are you taking a pilates class or dvd? I really want to try some kind of exercise class (lol not zumba, I can't keep up), but I haven't decided what type to try.
__________________________________________________ ______________
This week is going by sooooooo fast. Which is good, I look forward to my weekends. I had a terrible cheat day on Tuesday. Chinese food. geezus, it was delicious. I just overate and that reflected in the scale yesterday. But, I'm at 144 today, which made me super happy. I have to run a few miles after work today, and then I plan on starting up 30day shred again. Hope you ladies are having a good week !
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 04:02 PM   #217  

kisskiss - man i feel the same way about the week going by so quick. Weekends are good but I'm just realizing all the things I meant to get done before it got here. Semesters pick up soo quick. And yes derby = roller derby. Just finished my third season overall, but first season not being the "big slow sturdy" girl haha.

jessica - hang in there!!! showing up and making that effort is often the hardest part.
Old 10-03-2013, 09:50 PM   #218  
Just starting out

S/C/G: 204.5/195/150

Height: 5'5

I've been super busy and haven't had time to update my weight in 2 weeks! but i'm still sticking to my diet, so i'd love to be let back in. i'm re-adding my info to the chart.

xo
naffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 09:34 AM   #219  
HijabiMommaBear

S/C/G: 335/ticker/316

Height: 5' 8"

Morning everyone! Hope all are well. I am coming to the close of a week from the abyss at work! It has been so busy and tiring I cant wait to go to bed already lol! Its only 6:32am here. All in all though I am doing good. Thankfully.

KissKiss- Thank you and I cant wait to start my pilates today and then next friday when I get paid I want to get some weights!

Dehtripper- Thank you!
jessica2231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 12:27 PM   #220  
Is walking to Mt. Doom

S/C/G: 195/ticker/135

Height: 5 ft 7

Erugh.. so this has been a rough week. Freshers week all over again!

Gave into a binge/too much alcohol on Monday so I've spent all week working it off. Hopefully I'll not have a net gain by Sunday. I've learnt my lesson now - the only treats I'm allowed to buy have to be individual size and not more than 2 a week - otherwise I can demolish a packet in one sitting!

A few more hardcore gym sessions left to make up for it
lilsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:07 PM   #221  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

So this week has been a big fail for me! Food has been generally ok, but been super lazy with working out. My weight has been hovering around 158/159 lbs, but I haven't been on top of my water intake so I'm hoping I have a drop soon? I need to put the work in with working out though. I know generally the rule of thumb is that 70% is what you eat, but I always find working out consistently has a strong correlation with my weight loss.

---

namaste - Oooh, so close!! Keep it up!!

versace - Wow, lucky escape with the weight loss after eating all that sugar!! Best to get back on it just in case ;p

dehtripper - I know how you feel, I started this out at 156 lbs and now I'm pretty much 159 lbs!! We've definitely have to focus and we can do it!!

Ms A - Sorry you got sick! Don't worry about weight gain while being sick, it can't be helped!

jessica - Seems to me like you need to stop thinking of your days as being either healthy or unhealthy. Your mentality towards food seems to be either you're really good or you're really bad, which isn't going to help you in the long run. Start thinking about your days as just days! To be successful in weight loss we have to change how we think of food, food is fuel and it shouldn't act as a comforter. My regular days are cereal/oatmeal for breakfast with a glass of OJ, a peanut butter sandwich (whole grain bread if I can find it), a banana, a mini salad (really hate salads, but I know I need veg!) and my dinner is usually something like chicken with sweet potato. I have apple, greek yogurt and a bit of honey as a snack. Sometimes I eat something extra, like a bag of chips, a chocolate bar or drink a can of coke. If I made a whole DAY like that though, then I know that my progress will come to a stop. It's alright to have a cheat "moment" but not a cheat DAY in my opinion!
I know exactly how you feel about looking at the chart, I've gained since we started and I'm the one who started the challenge itself! But it's important, as others have told me, that we're still making an effort and we're learning one step at a time. We can do it, and I'll be hosting a Christmas/New Year one too so if we don't succeed in this challenge we can rock the next one!!

kisskiss - The film will be a drama. I'm not the biggest fan of the story but a job is a job and I love making films so it's good experience! We all have those days where we slip up, I know I do! It's good to treat yourself though, and the gain wasn't that bad!

naffy - Welcome back! Good to see you're back in the game.

lilsquirrel - Sometimes weight gain isn't just about the food you eat, but maybe the water you're not drinking or the amount of good food you're not eating. I used to think "i'll eat a pizza but I'll run it off tomorrow" but it's really not the way it works! Just erase the guilt you feel about what you ate/drink and get back to normal the next day. =)
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 01:34 PM   #222  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/154

Height: 5'6''

Whoa, it's been a tough week, but I'm managing to stay on track, despite all stress around me. Last night I weighed in, out of curiosity, and almost tripped: I was at 177.5, after all the hard work. I was so discouraged... but it was all water weight: in the morning, I was down 4 pounds! I'm used to weight fluctuation, but this was crazy!

I managed to lose almost 3 pounds this week! I'm so happy!

Keep up the good work, everyone!
anity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:03 AM   #223  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Well, this week was a bit of a fail! I was going to run today, but I just didn't. I can only explain it as just not wanting to do it. I do enjoy running, but man, it takes me a long time to get into the habit of doing it. I know I'll feel awesome at the end of a run, but getting out the door when so many things can distract me is tough.

I went up in the middle of the week but managed to bring my weight back down to be the same as last weeks. A bit disappointed I didn't lose anything, but at least I'm not heavier than I was last week? Feels like I'm starting right from the beginning even though I've already lost 41 lbs.

---

anity - I think you just learned the lesson of timing your weigh ins. Never ever weigh in any time other than first thing in the morning before you've eaten!! Your weight can fluctuate insanely, but morning weigh ins are the most accurate. Great work on the 3 lbs down this week!!
Old 10-07-2013, 08:12 AM   #224  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Week 6 Chart!!

Old 10-07-2013, 09:00 AM   #225  

Soooo I did my zombie walk this weekend, and dressed as the black dahlia. Well an open interpretation of if cause I can't hide my huge blond dreads under any black wig. Anyhow, may not be a typical "sexy" costume but it is MILES prettier/more feminine of a costume than I ever do. Pretty much the girliest undead thing I could do. Picture here (kinda gory)

Also - I weighed in at 143.6 this weekend I don't want to update my official entry for the week cause its a good motivator. But its also nice to know that I'm not actually putting on solid fat and it IS possible to get out of the 140's this millennia.