Old 05-09-2012, 08:08 PM   #31  
Don't turn back.

S/C/G: 262/(ticker)/153

Height: 5'6"

Kristy22- I love kettle chips. Lol. I felt that it was perfectly within my rights to eat a bag of Cape Cod Salt and Vinegar Kettle chips every day. My right, maybe, but still a bad idea. They're amazing though, I can't have just one or just a few! More like "just the whole bag." lol. I haven't had any for while. Sigh.

Valrock- I know, I know my body loves exercise and bounces right back into fitness when I work it out, but *excusesexcusesblahblah*. I'm doing crunches and some hammer/bicep curls, tricep extensions, etc. anything that doesn't involve walking, which sucks right now. I'm so angry my knee is blown out, I was crying last night because I couldn't get comfortable and I had all this pent up energy because I didn't get to move around much at all yesterday. Mostly I was just frustrated that just as I was starting to get into the swing of exercise, I was severely limited.
Ooh my break starts tomorrow. I'm supposed to be wrapping up my last final paper right now lol. Im pretty much done it just needs to be typed up.
Your day sounds amazing and relaxing, I'm jealous. I don't think I've even been outside today, just studying and being laid up.

Last edited by munchievictim; 05-09-2012 at 08:09 PM.
munchievictim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:07 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 172/ticker/114

Height: 5'3"

i'm a little late in joining, but i would love to join this challenge!

i'm starting grad school this september, so i would love to be 15lbs lighter by then (so around 135lbs). i usually workout 5days/week from anywhere to 1hr-2hrs depending on how i feel & what i'm doing for that day. my main exercise is running, which i do 3x/week, and the other days i do strength training & elliptical. i was thinking about moving strength training days to my running days though since i could strength train 3x/week instead of 2.

as for eating, i've recently gotten into IF, which works a lot better for me than eating throughout the day. however, i've been eating too little calories (usually around 1300, but sometimes i dont make it up to 1200) so i'm going to up to around 1500, and add in some calorie cycling.

i hope everyone is doing well so far!
delyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 01:46 AM   #33  
Don't turn back.

S/C/G: 262/(ticker)/153

Height: 5'6"

Hey delyn welcome!
Omg guys. My final that I thought was due tomorrow was actually due yesterday! Luckily my teacher is fairly awesome and is letting me turn it in late, but I'm sure he'll take off points so now I have no idea where I stand in that class. I did not do super well this semester, I've been Fairly stressed out. I really hope my grades aren't low enough that I lose my scholarship. I didn't do completely awful, and I don't think they will be, but Im exhausted and a little freaked out.

On the other hand, I'm DONE. hallelu.

Last edited by munchievictim; 05-10-2012 at 01:47 AM.
munchievictim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:16 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 224/221/132

Height: 5'4''

I would also like to join I've been pretty lack the last few months, stressing over school (I love, love, love math but sometimes it gets freaking hard :P ), and I'm so ready to look awesome for my third year at university!!!

I hope it's not too late to join
MathGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 12:31 PM   #35  
Move over Kim Kardashian!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

mathgeek

It's never too late to join!!! welcome!
caramelkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 03:58 PM   #36  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

munchievictim You can do it! I'm glad your prof. gave you the extra time. I hate it when stuff like that happens! No more Kettle Chips!!

MathGeek Welcome! You can do it!

delyn Add some more strength training, you'll love the results! I do IF too, isn't it great?

I hope everyone is doing well! I grilled up some chicken and yellow squash for dinner last night. Then a friend posted a recipe for Greek Yogurt Tsatziki sauce and I had that with it. YUM. I wasn't all that hungry last night so I burned the rest of my calories on a big protein shake and a salad.

Got to the gym this morning and ran and lifted. I wasn't feeling that into it, but I powered through.

Spring grades came out this morning. I got straight A's and a B! I'll take it. OMG my 4 year old is driving me INSANE right now. She's been glued to my face wining about EVERYTHING. I need earplugs.
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 04:25 PM   #37  
(they're flowers)

S/C/G: 174/*ticker*/125

Height: 5'4''

Welcome everyone who's joined! It's nice to see new faces.

Hm, I'm not the greatest at responding to everyone too; I guess it's something that'll take time getting used to.

Argh, it's really hard to stay on track on Wednesdays! I bowl in a league, which my team calls a "drinking league" so it's really hard to go by without drinking/eating not-so-well. Ah well, the main thing is I kept that in mind all day, so I didn't do as bad as I normally would.

Anywayyy, are you guys the type that lets the scale dictate your life (weigh in every day) or do you guys recommend the once a week/once a month type of thing? I've tried both and I prefer daily weigh ins, but I know that I also put much more pressure on myself that way. :S
Atarimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:10 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 154/149/130

Height: 5'4"

Hey Guys! I'm going to make a few posts here!

SweetPeach3388 - Wow congrats on being in your final year of law school! That's my goal too, is to go back to school with a little more confidence! Good luck to you and keep us posted!!

munchievictim - Ouch! I hope your knee feels better, I have torn cartilage in my right knee, which -knock on wood- has not bothered me in about 6 months now! But I know how much knee pains hurt Good luck with finals! OH also, I'm sure you know this, but swimming is SOOOO good for you! Especially with injured knees! I LOVE the water, no matter how much I hate how I look in a bathing suit!! I swim lengths for about 40 minutes, or I used to last year, but I need to start doing it again! Do you like swimming?

Kristi22 - I haven't been on a hike in ages! hope it was fun And yea! A skinnier me gets me TOTALLY motivated too! ESPECIALLY since I am a wind instrumentalists, which means if I get fit my lungs will be stronger. BUT ALSO my boyfriend works at Goodlife Fitness, and I really want to impress him and show him I can take matters into my own hands! He really wants to see that side of me, so me losing weight and going on a diet, AND not telling him, shows him that (I hope lol)

ValRock - I have never tried Yoga, I REALLY want to though. I have downloaded several workout series including P90X, and I will try the yoga video from that one day, maybe you could download a video? or if you don't feel safe with that, put together a channel on youtube of some yoga workouts! Then you can do it whenever YOU want I haven't drank any koolaid in 2 days btw!! ! And sounds like you had a nice workout! Btw, what's an "IF'er"?

I will reply to the other messages in a second! I may seem annoying now :S but I really want to keep up the moral support for EVERY member of this thread
spiritualflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:28 PM   #39  

delyn It's never too late! Seems like you're already pretty active, this should be a good goal for you! Welcome!

munchievictim - OMG sorry to hear that!! I hate when that happens I was so stressed out in first semester I ended up handing in ALL my assignments (12) on the last test day, and I was soooo happy he accepted them all! He was like "so your new years resolution must be to hand things in on time" and I got a good chuckle I'm sure you're grades will be fine

MathGeek - Welcome I agree, its NEVER to late!

ValRock - Congrats on the grades! I wish mine were as good as yours!!

Atarimae - It's good to hear you kept that in mind! Bowling leagues sound like fun though!! Personally, I do weekly, because your weight fluctuates so much every day, that it wouldn't be totally accurate. And also I don't have a digital scale, so unless I lose a pound I won't actually see anything. And even that is hard to see xD

Alrighty, I believe I replied to everybody Time to update you all on my life

So yesterday I had a big bowl of oatmeal crisp and a glass of milk... I think, for Breakfast. I had this homemade hamburger helper, consisting of bowtie and macaroni pasta, and ground beef and mushrooms, I also ate that for dinner. I may have only had 1 or 2 glasses of water, but at least all I drank was water right?? I think my calories were just under 1300, alot better than the 1700 I did the day before!

My second day at work was AMAZING! Because I got my first and second donations, AND I got the highest amount of donations that day! (yesterday) Woo! And today, I did a little better, but our office completed the whole day goal, in the morning shift only and then some!! It was a really good day! I also had a music rehearsal at a high school I'm helping out, it was pretty good too. Unfortunately yesterday I didn't workout, but I was SO tired. Tonight I think my bf is coming over, so hopefully I can get him to play ddr with me, if not I'll just wait till after he leaves! I should get better at scheduling in workouts though :S

Today's food, Breakfast - Oatmeal crisp and a glass of chocolate milk. No lunch and dinner was corn, roasted potatoes, and sole with a bit of parmasan cheese on top. SOOO GOOOD! I haven't looked into the calories, but it couldn't be THAT bad right? I also had another glass of chocolate milk at dinner.

THATS ALL! YAY!

Last edited by spiritualflow; 05-10-2012 at 08:33 PM.
Old 05-11-2012, 12:00 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 252/230/165

Height: 5'9

I want to join as well. Better late than never, right? My weight has been pretty stagnant but I've been eating like crazy lately. I stopped working out for the month of finals and restarted again. Taking time off=difficult to start but I'll get through it. My goal is to get to 170 by August 13 and then keep going from there. It doesn't seem like a lot for the large amount of time but it would put me into the healthy weight category and I'm kind of awful at weightloss. Mostly because I love food. Too much. Particularly, when I'm home for the summer (I'm doing a federal clerkship in the hometown so living with the fam) and have all kinds of goodies in the house. Oh well...I suppose its up to me to decide what I want more: fab publix walnut fudge brownies (Oh lawd...) or smoking hot bod. Anywho, luck to all
glittergation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 11:27 AM   #41  
Start Date: May.19 .0011

S/C/G: 217/213/149

Height: 5'5"

Can I still join?
I'm going into my fourth year of college this year and will have level I fieldwork starting shortly after the year starts that I will DEF want to be in shape for, and then my level II starts the following semester. Gonna be a busy year and don't want to be in a fat suit while doing being that busy!
I'd love to lose around 30 lbs by school time (Heck I'd be happy with 15-17 lbs).
rockbanjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 12:14 PM   #42  
Mommy of 3 Boys!

S/C/G: 245/173.6/164

Height: 5'8"

I would like to join also!! I am not going to school BUT my son is going to Kindergarten in September and my husbands birthday is at the end of September so by school start I would LOVE to be 175!! Its a bit of a stretch but with summer here and a LOT of activity I know I can do it
Blcarter84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 03:13 PM   #43  

Blcarter84, glittergation, rockbanjo - It's never too late! welcome

I haven't been exercising I will today, probably as soon as I'm done this post. Yesterday I ate cereal 2 times, and some home made fries. Today so far... I've eaten an apple... I'm waiting for my mom to come back from the store with food lol. I'm having trouble being motivated to exercise, because I don't want anybody to see me do it. If my mom sees me, then she will either say stuff like "WOW YOUR LOSING WEIGHT" or just blab to her friends, and then her friends will come back saying "how's the diet" and I REALLY HATE THAT. I'll try to get over it, but it's pretty frustrating actually.
Old 05-12-2012, 03:56 PM   #44  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Atarimae "Drinking League" would be rough! Just try to keep your daytime choices in check and leave yourself some wiggle room.

As far as the scale goes... I weigh multiple times a day. I'd wonder about it all day if I didn't, so I just go with it. It helps me get used to daily fluctuations and not feel panicky about weighing. I have a calendar on the back of the bathroom door and I write my weights on it every time I weigh. It's good to look back and see patterns between time of day/food intake etc. I know when I can expect a blip now, based on past experience, and it doesn't freak me out when it happens.

spiritualflow
Good job not drinking the Koolaid! haha. Get some more veggies in your diet, now! You're not eating any at all . I'm glad you're enjoying your job!

IF is Intermittent Fasting. I only eat between the hours of 5pm and 10pm. I found that I was forcing food during the day and still overeating at night... and gaining weight. I'm not even hungry during the day, so it didn't make sense to do that to myself. I found the IF community and life has been so much less stressful! No more night guilt... cause that's when I eat all my calories! It's not for everyone, but I love it!

glittergation You can do this! It IS all about choices. Life is hard, avoiding temptation is hard, being overweight is hard... I guess you have to pick your hard, right? You won't regret NOT eating a brownie tomorrow... but you will regret it when you step on the scale, if you do eat it! It's just not worth it.

rockbanjo You can do it!! Best of luck with your studies.

Blcarter84Good luck!! You can do it!

I am SO tired!! I let my kids stay up too late last night. 8pm... haha they're used to going to bed at 6. It was a bad BAD choice. I got to bed after midnight and then my 4 year old was up at THREE!! I feel like death warmed over. I had to run over to my CSA pickup site at 6 and tried to lay down once we got home but the kids were running around screaming and waking me up every 5 minutes. I finally got off the couch around 9 and had plans to go to the gym, but I just couldn't muster it. My oldest was having a major attitude and I didn't think he'd fare well in child care... so we went out and swam in the pool for a while. I've fed them lunch and they're stir crazy and I just don't feel like I can do a single thing. I'm toast. We have a function tonight and I'm dreading it. I just want to go to bed!!!! I'm never letting them stay up again!!! They're overtired and cranky now, too. *sigh*

In better news... I saw 167 on the scale, briefly, this morning. I won't call it until I see it again... but considering I'm PMSy, it's a good sign of things to come! I usually retain a lot of water around this time. Excited to see what kind of woosh I get once AF is gone!

Food yesterday was Coffee, Almonds with coconut milk; grilled cauliflower with bacon, garlic, and cheese; salad with tomatoes and oil and vinegar, chicken with a bit of hummus, and a piece of 99% cocoa chocolate.

Keep up the good work everyone!
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 04:10 PM   #45  

Hey ValRock - Wow I've never heard of that until now! It's pretty interesting though. I don't usually overeat though, so I wouldn't probably benefit from it, but it's still very interesting!

On another note,

I just finished working out! I just started Julian Michaels "Ripped in 30". I'm not sure if I am going to stick with it as my only program, but it was good! I of course did the first week video, and considering how out of shape I am, it wasn't absolutely terrible! I did most of the exercises, I only skipped one because I'm on a hard wood floor, and a carpet which I'm technically allergic to, but once I get a mat I will definitely add it to the mix. I was REALLY tired towards the end, so maybe the last 10 minutes weren't as good as the first 20, but I DEFINITELY feel its within my limit, which is good!! My mom just came back, so I'm going to make some food. Hope you all have a good day!