Old 02-25-2011, 04:03 AM   #106  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Just popping in for a quick update cos I am absolutely dead on my feet. Did 2 days of internship this week and 3 days of uni, which doesnt sound like a lot but it is when you're used to 20 hr weeks, which never start earlier than midday and where you know what you're doing and how to do your job I found it hard to turn off the psychologist when I got home. But it seemed to go well and I'm looking forward to next week where I get into my internship more full time. Eating and exercising was tough this week so I've planned out next week better and I think I'll be ok. My feet are so sore, I have blisters that are all risen and sore and huge on the bottoms of my feet and my ankles are either rubbed raw or nice slightly infected blisters lol. Great for a duathlon on Sunday!

JM- good luck for the job interview! I know it sounds dumb, but try to relax At least you are aware of your eating, thats the first step towards changing it. Your travel arrangements sound nuts! How come no one can come pick you up? Maybe you could car pool with people who finish the shift at the same time as you? When you know/trust them of course

indi- omg i do that ALL THE TIME and lose my personals. Sometimes I go as far as to copy what ive typed just in case lol. So frustrating! Happy weekend!

kawaii- did you end up staying way late?

Fatpants-Sounds overwhelming Hope its a bit clearer in the morning, and remember you can always bounce ideas off us

krampus- i like your spontaneity Your salad sounds interesting too! Do those things actually go well together? Or is it just your own concoction that might not suit everyone? I like cheese and apple so im thinking strawberries, hmm why not

rainbow- hope your dinner/evening plans are working out ok And im really glad that all your boyfriend stuff worked out. Remember, NOT drinking is always an option My bf has never drunk, and I pretty much gave it up when I started trying to lose weight and to be honest, I havent missed it at all. In fact, I find it really odd now when people are like "im going out but im going to find it hard not to drink". I guess its when you're kinda umming and ahhing about whether to or not that makes it hard, whereas I didnt really think about it, I was just like "food is more delicious than any alcohol!" xD

Arrrg my blisters are throbbing with the antiseptic cream now so I might call it a day Have good naps!
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 06:12 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

indiblue, i hate when that happens!!! thanks for the advice! unfortunately, since this is more about a money thing than a diet thing, considering the price of food here (1.50$ for an apple? 5$ for a carton of like 12 strawberries??), it'd be pricier than just buying normal food...

JMfan, good luck with the interview! shame about the getting home part, but i'm sure you can work it out... too bad about the cake! moving on!!

icon, welcome to the real world! didn't stay too late... about 20min later than normal! not like anything exciting was waiting for me at home though.. lol.

omg, BREAKING NEWS!! i worked out!!! lol. it's been like a month since my half-assed attempt (which lasted 3 days) at working out again, and since december since i worked out regularly. i did 30DS and am attempting the whole thing again, but i'll try to do it all in one month. maaaan, it was hard!! i think i was already panting two minutes in! so out of shape!

my friend is still awol, but i mailed some guys i know asking if they wanted to go out tomorrow... we'll see what happens! oh and the diet shake plan got postponed to tomorrow cuz i realized i had some green beans in the fridge that were gonna go to waste if i didn't eat them, so i ate that and soup. kind of at a loss of what to do with myself for the rest of the night now though. lol.
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 06:45 AM   #108  

S/C/G: 134/126/under 124

Height: 5'2.5

Icon sorry for the hurt feet! Yikes, I hope you get relief soon. Good luck with the duathlon... what is that by the way?

Kawaii oh my gosh that's so expensive! I forgot how expensive Japan is. I have never been there, only passed through the Tokyo airport, but I remember even there is sooo expensive. Good luck with the diet shakes! And yay for green beans and working out

JM best wishes for the job interview and for the commute. Hopefully one of your future potential coworkers lives near you and you can carpool?
indiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 08:26 AM   #109  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

Kawaii – hmm yea I want to go shopping lol. Sorry about your friend I know how you feel though people always do that to me. Then the moment I decide forget it I have more important things to worry about then your problems they get pissed.

Rainbow – Thank you and I always am =) I love having positive people around me too, unfortunately most people are miserable here…yet they brag about the money they make…geezz

Krampus - I’m jealous of your weather it’s -27 here and I’m pretty sure in the -30s with the windshield.

JM – Good luck with your interview…maybe you can jog walk home to get there faster and It’ll take less than 30 minutes? If you don’t live in a too bad of an area I wouldn’t stress much about it, but keep something on you just in case.

==
ITS FRIDAY! I canceled with my trainer my back still hurts and I really don’t want to be lifting crap and then something else happens. Especially with the workout she gives me this time around, maybe I lifted the weight wrong? Or maybe I’m suppose to hurt? I’ve never had a sore lower back before though so I have no clue haha. Two more sleeps and it’s weigh in time!
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 10:15 AM   #110  

S/C/G: 189/138.0/130

Height: 5'6"

Happy Friday!

MiZ - Thanks for the advice, he's been initiating the texting so I think I'm safe there, I'm just worried I'll have run out of topics by tonight.I'm really hoping your soreness is just the good type - it would suck to have pulled something. Maybe stretch today or do some light yoga?

Krampus
- You stole my nice weather! We're usually in the mid 60s Fahrenheit here, but tonight it's supposed to snow on the mountain passes and possibly down to 500' above sea level, which is almost unheard of here. I eat a similar salad to yours, just a different cheese - I use feta and add pine nuts, it's delicious.

Kawaii - I'm with Rainbow on the shakes -they don't do well replacing your largest meal. If dinner is that for you try replacing breakfast or making your lunch the largest meal. I'd also do it every other day so that you don't get into "routine" and want to break from it.

Icon - take care of your feet, girl!!! I have the same trouble with turning off my work brain when I get home. We all speak in jargon and codes at work and one of my housemates does too, so we'll stand there speaking cop and it drives my other housemate nuts.

Rainbow
- I hope your night went well I bet your outfit was stylin' too. I'm glad your former co-worker cheered you up. I always find positive people can keep me afloat when I'm sinking in to a funk.

T-6 hours or so until the date. I'm more anxious than I thought I'd be. I might go buy something cute to wear that's also warm so I'm not shivering all over the place. It doesn't help that I'm still fighting the cold of doom. Oh well, I think it will go well.
fromthebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 11:56 AM   #111  
No Excuses

S/C/G: 169.8/159/135

Height: 5'4

Well I had a good time last night with my sister and school was really fun! We learned the Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale (WAIS) which is the best IQ test out there. We all took turns taking a part of it. My sister and I went to another Japanese steakhouse like place, she really likes them. I was really good and didn't over eat, but I bought her a cookie cake so I had a slice of that. I think I went over calorie because of the cookie.

My weight this morning is back down to 166.8 but not back down to pre-TOM 166.2 GRR! It's near the end, so maybe early next week I'll be back down or lower since I've been good all week except yesterday *crosses fingers*

fromthebox Good luck with your date tonight!! What are you guys doing?

MiZ It's FRIDAY! YES! That's probably a good idea to rest today. Maybe put a heating pad on your back?

kawaii Holy crap! You look like 20 to me! Do you have any other food besides the shakes? It doesn't seem like you should starve yourself. That friend doesn't really sound like a friend in my opinion. She sounds like she takes advantage of you. I hope you still get to go out

rainbow I have a hard time drinking my water too. I was a hard core Diet Pepsi addict. I'm trying to switch to water with lemon.

Icon What sort of shoes were you wearing? They sound painful. Good luck on the duathlon!
luposlipaphobia87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 12:20 PM   #112  
Lifes a Journey

Fromthebox – I’m sure you’ll do just fine hopefully he’s funny and can make you laugh most of the night and since you’ve both been texting quite a bit the nervousness of a first date should be pretty good for now.

Lupo- Good luck I’m sure you’ll be back down in your weight in no time!

===
So I decided to do dinner with my friend he bought me something so I was like fine we’ll still go out for dinner. But then I got really excited because I have this Silk Red dress that I bought in 08 that I really want to wear out. So I’m going to go out tonight and by a cute pair of shoes and nail polish. I’m going to be very over dressed but I want people to pay attention to me!!! So I’m going to make myself all up! Which is weird because I never do I’m such a tom boy but who cares tonight I’m going to be super girly and be super beautiful because I’m wonderful! Lol…
Old 02-25-2011, 01:16 PM   #113  
No Excuses

S/C/G: 169.8/159/135

Height: 5'4

Miz Ooo take pictures!!! I love getting dressed up. I like doing hair and makeup, let me know if you need any ideas. Sounds like a very sexy dress!
luposlipaphobia87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 01:33 PM   #114  
Lifes a Journey

Quote:
Originally Posted by luposlipaphobia87 View Post
Miz Ooo take pictures!!! I love getting dressed up. I like doing hair and makeup, let me know if you need any ideas. Sounds like a very sexy dress!
I totally need eye makeup ideas!!!
Old 02-25-2011, 01:53 PM   #115  
Newbie Nurse

S/C/G: 285/250/281

Height: 5'9"

MiZ-Thanks! I'll try to jog it out. Hopefully most of the snow is cleared from the sidewalks on the way. Darn Michigan and it's weather. After they say I'm hired, I'm immediately buying pepper spray. Downtown Detroit doesn't bother me during the day but anytime after dark, I get nervous. My neighborhood is pretty safe though

Last edited by JMfan; 02-25-2011 at 01:54 PM.
JMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 02:32 PM   #116  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Gotta run around doing lots of things today, going to go clean my parents house, then off to meet someone for lunch, then dropping my bike off for the duathlon gosh. Then home for a nap? Maybe I can rope my bf into doing the washing xD

miz- i want pictures of your dress too!

lupo- they were lovely shoes They were pastal pink with a slight heal Just gotta vaselin them I think and let the skin on my ankles go nice and hard xD Who had the highest IQ?

fromthebox- your poor other flat mate! Once i came home and was talking to my bf and he was complaining about some friend of his and I was like "why do you think he was acting that way" and my bf was just like O_o dont psychologise me! How was the date?

miz- back pains tricky. I think if it feels like muscular pain or sore when you do things you were doing with your trainer, like lifting or bending, and its a gradual pain then its probably ok. If its like a sudden stabbing pain then it might be something else. I dunno, just what i go by Either way its important to stay active, so make sure you at least walk etc!

indi- my feet feel better! After a night with antiseptic on them, they are nice and gooey now :P So just airing them out...the duathlon is tomorrow, its a 1.5km run, 10km bike, 3.5km run. Which sounds managable but that last 3.5km run just kills you! Its surprisingly tricky.

kawaii- the real world is too hard, I want to go back to uni I think it'll get easier once I have less "omgcanidothisjob whereisthephotocopier howdoibookpatients whereamidoingthateducationprogramme???"
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 04:56 PM   #117  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

I didn't drink! But did have a bit of an eating fail...didn't think there would be food out so made a choice of a quick burger (chicken) around 5.40 after work...and then we ended up at a Japanese restaurant and I was still hungry so I ordered some beef tataki and steamed dumplings...and then about 2 hours later I failed - CHEESEBURGER. Oh dear. Ended up just over 1700 calories for the day...so not a huge failure...but but but I'm STILL 64kg/141 pounds on the scale and not too happy about it.

On a positive note, one of my boyfriend and I's friends, who was very drunk but anyway, couldn't stop singing my praises and just telling me how proud he was of me and what an awesome achievement I've made in my weightloss and how amazing I look. So that was nice.

Anyway I'm sorry for the lack of personals again, I'm just on my way out to help my boyfriend buy some pants for work and I am going to try to find a black skirt I think. And underwear - I just realised I haven't bought ANY underwear in over a year .. bizarre considering the weight loss.
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 06:20 PM   #118  
sugar is the devil

Miz I like watching this chick's videos on youtube for eye makeup application. She's been on there for years and I find her stuff to be pretty good. On MAC's website, they have some tutorials on there as well for make up application. I'd check that out too! http://www.youtube.com/user/panacea81.

So last time I weighed myself on my scale, I was 183.? lbs. This morning, I was 178.2lbs. So I dropped 5 lbs... I kinda wish it was more but it is what it is. I mean, it was my first month back trying to attempt weight loss again... so first month exercising and first month changing my diet. I know what to improve on for this month and I'm pretty motivated. I want the $10G damn it!

Last edited by SweetScrumptious; 02-25-2011 at 06:20 PM.
SweetScrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 06:36 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 192.6/ticker/150

Height: 5'6.5

Hey ladies! I've been lurking in this thread so I decided to finally write something. I'm down from 148.8 last week to 147.6 this morning. I'm very pleased with that. Today, I had a wonderful day, I went to the beach because it was upper 70s here, I deserved it after my super stressful/hard week with nursing school. I only have 8 weeks left of nursing school until I graduate! I'm super excited/nervous. Tonight a bunch of us are going out and I just know its going to be one of those nights- excessive alcohol and probably junk food! Im okay with that though because gosh darn it I deserve it! Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Samantha Daisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 08:43 PM   #120  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

indiblue, japan's not so bad, but there are a few things that are ridiculously overpriced... fruits, transport, and club entry fees!!! lol.

MiZ, yeah, i mailed her again and she's being all wishy-washy. now i'm thinking that if she does decide she wants to come, i'll tell her i have other plans. urgh. ooh, yay pretty dress!! you should do a dark smokey eye, i think!

fromthebox, let us know about the date! we'll see what happens with the shakes... although replacing the breakfast would be kinda dumb for me cuz i already don't eat much at breakfast...

lupos, she's not taking advantage, she just got major issues. like she mailed back last night that she was having a self-esteem slump and that's why she didn't wanna go. *sigh* i don't get it at all. that girl has the worst self-esteem of anyone i know, and she is SO SKINNY!! she's not a gorgeous beauty, but she cleans up real nice when she makes an effort... i know now she's thinking if she goes out with me i will "steal all the men from her" *sigh*
she seems to think i'm like the most confident person in the world and men always go to me... wtf? this is really funny to me... i'm like "me? confident? haha", well maybe a bit more than i used to be, but i'm still riddled with issues. all i say is "fake it til you make it!!" lol. but she can't get it... *sigh* anyways... oh and thanks for saying i look 20! haha, i don't think i look that young, but i know i look freakishly younger than my age. people always ask me if i'm a student here. lol.

icon, have fun today! i think i'm gonna try to get a nap in too! lol.

rainbow, oh, yay for compliments and not drinking! but girl, get thee to the underwear shop, right now!!

jellybelly, welcome! man, beach sounds awesome... although it was 16C yesterday out here which was awesome too!! i wonder if i'll ever be confident enough to show my fat-as$ on a japanese beach over here come summer... hmm... could be a goal!!

ok morning all! it's the weekend here! and guess what, scale said 75.0!! which mean my ticker lies no more! yay! from now on, it can be real and true weight-loss! i am not allowed a single failiure for the next 3 weeks in order to reach my graduation goal! so you guys need to be on me like hawks!! lol.

don't have much to do today, except cleaning my flat (blergh) and maybe go buy coffee, and maybe a nap. lol. before getting ready to go out, haha.

wishing everyone a good saturday!! xxx
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote