Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 08:38 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

Jess ~ Thanks for the advice!!!! I have had bad knees for the majority of my life, so I don't think the running is what is causing the pain. It might not be helping, but still LOL Off to read that article now.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:49 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 285/195/175

Chele - I added you to gchat :P
Old 05-13-2010, 11:25 PM   #93  
I will do this.

So I finished my finals this evening and have not made good choices since the moment I finished them.

aaaannnd tomorrow is a new day >.<

Damn chinese and wine.
Old 05-14-2010, 07:02 AM   #94  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Taylor - don't sweat it! Everyone deserves a little finals celebration. You're going to kick today in it's butt

My bed is the most comfortable thing in the whole world and it is just mean that I have to get up.
Old 05-14-2010, 07:25 AM   #95  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

its always mean when you have to get up! And its weird, because its my bedtime now
Old 05-14-2010, 07:31 AM   #96  

Girls! It's Friday!!! And I'm on day one of my biggest loser weight loss challenge, AND its treat day at work....so cross your fingers!! lol - I think I'll be fine, I am used to temptation and can totally resist! As I did yesterday, with a humungoid chocolate cake...mmm....anyways!

Hope you all have a fantastic Friday!!

PS - Stella, I completely agree on the bed comment! aaaaahh, how I'd love to just crawl back in it...work clothes and all lol!
Old 05-14-2010, 08:49 AM   #97  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

HAPPY FRIDAY LOVES!!!!!

Too much to go back and comment on. I was MIA yesterday because I had to go to a funeral (long story, everything is okay... just a weird day)....

My scale is a dirty, filthy, lying wh*re....

I'm having a bit of an issue preparing for the weekend. I would love some suggestions girls because I really need them right now. This weekend is my bff's little bro's graduation party which means BEER/drinking galore. I really don't NEED to drink excessively, but truth be told I WANT to have fun hanging out with my friends and playing beer pong and whatever else. So the decision I have to make is whether or not I want to be UP again for another week... or if I want to be DOWN this week (although, again, my scale and I are arch enemies at the moment). So what do I do?

My therapist was pointing out that there is ALWAYS going to be an excuse, an occasion... which is true. She suggested ONE beer and then when I get down to 175 having a planned diversion.

I'm just frustrated.

And to whomever said that when they work out one day its cool and the next their legs are killing them - I find that if I eat a banana before I go to the gym it really helps. I have had those same issues and when I started making sure I added extra potasium I didn't notice as much of an issue.
Old 05-14-2010, 09:11 AM   #98  
Brighter than the moon!

I'm also with Feral - although I've started to have a banana as part of my breakfast instead of before the gym and it really helps with the leg cramps. Also HYDRATE!

So I went to Dunkin Donuts this morning and godd*mn am I in a great mood. I swear, they put crack in their coffee.

I have a fun 48 hours planned - work, then gym, then meeting up with my friend Jessie to head into Baltimore for our friend Lauren's birthday party. Then I'm sleeping at Jess's house because we're going to make a garden for her tomorrow. Which means tons of shoveling and moving dirt. I was originally staying at my place tonight to go spinning at 8 tomorrow morning, then I thought "Jennierose, there is NO need to do that to your body."

Speaking of no need to do things to my body...my work friend keeps suggesting that I do a tri-athalon in September. The biggest problem with this is that I don't have a bike, but that can be rectified. I'm actually seriously considering this, and I hate him for it.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:35 AM   #99  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Good morning, all...

stella....the dunkin donuts comment was too funny!...haha! Enjoy your weekend! I need you to come here and do some gardening for me.

Ferel...I am not good at giving advice, but I can tell you right now that if it were me I would probably drink excessively and then feel bad the next week because of it. So, it's probably better to just not drink a lot...like your therapist said, just have one. I think you will feel so much better about yourself and the weekend you accomplished.

JennyG...goodluck fighting temptation today!

Taylor86...you are right...today is a new day!

Chele615...sounds like you had a great workout...keep up the good work!

Maddie...yay on the 2 minute run!! I can barely last 30 seconds! Good for you!

My scale is being weird, it is driving me nuts! Yes, it is digital and yes, it wants to say a different number every time. However, if I make sure I'm standing exactly in the same spot when I weigh, then it gives me the same number twice. So, I'm having to pay more attention to where I'm standing now. That frustrates me...haha! Anyway, I'm down some more and happy about that. Now, if I can just survive over the weekend I'll be good. I took my son out of daycare yesterday. So, now if I want to go to the gym, he will be going with me. He is 5 so he can behave on his own pretty well, but still it's the fact that I have to take him. I'm selfish like that...ha!! Anyway, I will more than likely not go and end up just doing more stuff around the house or maybe a exercise dvd. Ok, I'm just rambling now. I need to eat some breakfast.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:08 AM   #100  
Brighter than the moon!

Sgregg - its like my favorite thing in the whole world. Its just really really bad.

And I hate that about digital scales, and I have to be so disciplined...
Old 05-14-2010, 11:36 AM   #101  
I will do this.

Thanks for the support girls.

I woke up and made my normal breakfast (green tea, oatmeal and an egg white) but HOLY **** I feel like someone hit me in the head with a brick, shoved it down my throat and now it is sitting in my stomach.

WHEN *shakes fist* WHEN will I learn that my body does not like adult beverages and fried chinese food.

I feel like poop.

Now I must drink lots of water.

The reason it happened. I always believe I do something like that is because I am emotional about something

The story (in short form)

I was a double major in English and Theatre with a secondary education minor. I was doing this because I was always told "You will never make money in theatre" "You should have a back up plan..." etc etc

So I picked something that I liked but never really loved. Not that I don't want to teach but I love theatre.

I had this teacher this semester who gave me three undeserved F's. I went into her after the first one and told her that there must be a communication problem as this grade does not represent me as a student. I re-wrote it and she gave me a C. The next time she flunked me and told me that she only gives out one re-write a semester. I even went to the head of the department and they just shrugged their shoulder. Oh well.

I didn't really care. I had no passion to fight it or to stand up for my work and I wondered why. This is not like me. I am pretty fiery and passionate about things I love. Ah, wait. I do not love this subject. Do I really want to teach and inspire children to love a subject that I don't really love? No. What do I love? Theatre.

Fast forward. I had to have a come to Jesus meeting with my Dad telling him I am following my dream and going to get my MFA in Acting and that this will also allow me to teach at a college level. Awesome. He was not so pleased with me.

Having lost 54 pounds already I feel like I can do anything. I CAN follow my dreams and anything is possible.

So last night I completed my last final as an English major before dropping it, continuing my Theatre major and picking a Philosophy minor.

I finally have the courage to follow my dreams and that scared me a little bit last night and I binged and drank too much.

On the bright side: I actually shared my lemon chicken with Chris, I only had one glass of wine at home (there was more at the bar) instead of the whole bottle and I was aware of why I did what I did.

*sigh*

Girls - thank you so much for listening.

Last edited by Taylor86; 05-14-2010 at 11:37 AM.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:58 AM   #102  
Brighter than the moon!

Taylor - you are AMAZING for realizing that and following your dream. I am so proud of you and way to be an inspiration.

I think I'm signing up for that triathlon. Sigh.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:19 PM   #103  
It'll all be worth it...

S/C/G: 245/Ticker/120

TGIF everyone!!

Taylor86: Congrats on finishing your finals! You must be relieved they're over!

JennyG: My fingers are crossed for you!! You can do it!

Feral: That was me talking about the gym and burning legs. Thanks for the tip! I will definitely be trying that tomorrow!
I know how you feel about special events. I can be doing really well for weeks or months and then a special event will come along and I will want nothing more then to eat, drink and be merry! Which is hard. You don't want to feel like the healthy choices you are making are hindering you from enjoying yourself. Your therapist makes a good point there will always be something. But you have to decide for yourself whether you'll drink as much as you want and be up or the same on the scales or whether you wont drink at all or just a little. Weigh up the pro's and con's (i'm all about the pro con lists!) and see how you feel after.

sgregg: thanks! I think the only motivation I had to do it was that I was sandwhiched between two very pretty boys who were running for 30 mins or something crazy, I can't even imagine that!!
My scales is weird like yours. That or I'm just weird. But I try to weigh myself in the same place. I'm convinced that it changes when it's in different places!!

Well I couldn't be happier that it's friday! this week was loooooooong. It started to feel like it may never end! But the weekend is here which means cute shop boy is working again! I spend way to much money in that shop because I tend to make up stupid reasons for why I "need" something just so I can see him. mmmm. I don't know his name. Haven't plucked up the courage for that yet but I do make a point of asking him things so that I can look at him longer! Gosh I'm so pathetic but it makes my weekend a little brighter!!!
Finished my fourth workout of the week. Eliptical was better today. Legs were fine but man my feet were in pain. I don't get what I'm doing wrong...maybe it's my shoes...I'll look into that. Also not having huge amounts of joy with the treadmill. I know that it's more beneficial to have it on an incline but when I do I fall all over the place....so I end up holding on (siniest of all sins) and I start to feel like it's defeating the purpose...
On a non-diet non-exercise note, I applied for a semester of work and study in Denmark and I got a call this morning to say I had been accepted! YAY!! strangly enough the first thing that came to mind when asking questions was.... "is there a gym" Apparently there is so it's aaaall good Anyway that's my exciting news!
Have exams starting on Monday so I have to go study now and non-stop for the next 2 days

I'll come back to chat though
Old 05-14-2010, 05:50 PM   #104  

I DID IT!! I had the most perfectest on plan day I had in a long time!! I did not give into temptation and I sat in the staff room for break and lunch! Yay me!! I don't have time to write personals, but thank you ladies for the support!

happy friday ladies!
Old 05-14-2010, 06:01 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

I am so upset!!! Today was such an awful day at work. I was put in charge of collecting for the "Sunshine Fund" from the other special education teachers. The money was due in the office this afternoon. I had it in my bag since there was money involved, and I didn't want it to get stolen. I work at a high school and there are lots of teenagers with sticky fingers.

Anyway, I went to grab the folder out of my bag at the end of the second to last block so that I could return it to the main office and I realized that it was not there. I searched my entire room/desk and had to go to the office and report it. They called down the students that were in my room around the time that I last saw it and when I noticed it missing. One of the girls refused to have her purse searched and it turned into this huge ordeal, with the three administrators and the school resource officer. At the end of it, the girl said that I could search her bag, but it had to be me. There was a small swiss pocket knife in her purse that she realized she had and didn't want anyone to find.....which was found and she's been suspended for five days, but she didn't have the money. None of the girls did. So either someone else took it or the one who took it stashed it somewhere else. So, now I'm out $40 since I feel guilty about it being stolen. I'm more upset that it was other people's money and not just mine.

It just hurts me that one of my students would steal from me. But I went to the gym and did the elliptical for an hour to get the stress out.
Closed Thread