Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 06:25 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 263/171.0/132

Height: 5'6

Stella - What kind of tri is it? Full sprint, Olympic, or other distance?

Taylor - I'm glad you're following your dreams! I think you'll be much happier in the long run.

Jenny - **** yeah to being on plan and competitive You can do it.

Maddie - Congrats on the study abroad! Will you be in Copenhagen or the main land? I've always wanted to go to Denmark, I have a good friend there. It'll be cool cause you'll be able to bike everywhere and in a proper bike lane too!
Old 05-14-2010, 09:33 PM   #107  
I will do this.

I went to my last English class and oh, today wasn't good with the food either.

Tomorrow? A 12 mile hike and getting back to it.

I want this. I will do this.

Last edited by Taylor86; 05-14-2010 at 09:33 PM.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:16 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

Ugh...I ate too much today. I went 52 calories over my goal and I can tell too. I feel horrible...definitely not hungry though...just full and fat feeling. Eating less is soooo much better for you. No more!
Old 05-14-2010, 10:26 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 228/158/148

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgregg View Post
Ugh...I ate too much today. I went 52 calories over my goal and I can tell too. I feel horrible...definitely not hungry though...just full and fat feeling. Eating less is soooo much better for you. No more!
52 calories is nothing to be worried about. Just a 10 minute walk will burn that off =)
Old 05-14-2010, 11:41 PM   #110  
I will do this.

Before:

After

Before

After

Last edited by Taylor86; 05-15-2010 at 12:04 AM.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:57 PM   #111  
bex

S/C/G: 260.5/207/150

Work sucks. I am hungover. Lol.

How is everyone?
Old 05-15-2010, 08:51 AM   #112  

S/C/G: 285/195/175

Great pics Taylor!!! You look fantastic and you certainly don't look like your 206 lbs (if thats going by your ticker....)!! You look way smaller!!! Great work lady!
Old 05-15-2010, 08:53 AM   #113  
Samantha417

Hey everyone!! Looks like everyone is doing well from skimming...there's too much to read!!

I'm down to 143.8 yesterday, so my oopsie week is coming off FOR GOOD! My arms don't hurt anymore, so I worked on my back, chest, and triceps yesterday. That's all I really need to work on anyway for my upper body so that's good!

My mom went to target the other day and told me that they have so many cute shirts, sun dresses, and bathing suits. When I got home, I tried on my bikinis that haven't been worn in 2-3 years, and they fit!!! I'm still flabby, but that will be worked on every day, and it's enough that I can handle wearing a bikini to the beach and only be insecure about my paleness, not paleness and flab.

I'm gonna head off to the gym soon, just ate breakfast so I'm waiting an hour. Have a great day everyone!

Old 05-15-2010, 09:42 AM   #114  
Sammi

S/C/G: 243.5/201.5/149

Height: 5'5''

Ugh. I got like 2 hours of sleep last night. I went to bed at 3 and couldn't sleep so I called my boy who was still awake and then went to sleep at 4-ish kinda. Then at 6am some stupid jerk in my building sounded like he was bounding pool balls on his friggen tile floor or something. 7am my roomie got up. 8am movers came and moved my roomie's large furniture and stuff.

Now I can't fall back to sleep.
Old 05-15-2010, 11:48 AM   #115  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Happy Saturday!

Aliquot...I didn't get to sleep until around 2:30 myself...I decided to sleep on the couch as to not wake up the hubby, but he came in the livingroom around 4 or so and asked me why I was sleeping on the couch...haha...so I got on up then and went to bed.

Samantha...yay for bikinis!!

Taylor...great pics!! Thanks for sharing! And I agree with JennyG, you look smaller. I know when I was around 200 I still had the muffin top stomach thing going on. I just cannot get rid of it.

mojo...I know it's not too much to worry about but it was just the way my body was feeling...I usually eat about 200 calories under my goal and my body just was not used to the extra food...plus, the food I did eat wasn't all that healthy...fried chinese. Thanks for the encouragement though!

Chele...I'm sorry that the money was taken. So, are you going to have to pay out of pocket for it? When I was a student in high school I was raising money for some club and somebody stole all the money I had raised...I think it was about $40 too. I was so upset and crying and didn't know what I was going to do. It all worked out, needless to say, but still I was kinda disappointed because I knew everyone that was in the class.

JennyG...yay! for staying on plan while at work!! That's awesome! Good for you!

Even though I went over my calorie goal yesterday, I still managed to lose a pound. I am going to try really hard to stay OP this weekend. One of my friends wants to go to the Buffalo Park today. It's going to be hot and muggy and I can already hear my husband complaining. Anyway, I don't know if we are going to go or not...we are supposed to be expecting rain today, but as of right now the sun is shining it's butt off.
My son came in my room this morning to wake me up and asked, "Mama, when are we going to have a baby?" Where in the world did that come from!!?? For some reason, he has his head set that we are not a family without 2 kids...he wants a sister. haha! I told him that a baby sister would take away his toys and get in his stuff and mess up everything that he had put together. LOL! It didn't work.
Old 05-15-2010, 12:44 PM   #116  
Mary

S/C/G: 225/190/125

Height: 5'2" Age: 22

Taylor - You look great, congrats!! And that is wonderful that you're taking charge of your education and career like that!

Graduates - Congrats!!!!!

Haley - 100. You are awesome, lady Congrats!!!!

Aliquot - I'm sorry to hear about your friends :C That really sucks when people don't think about others like that, I hope everything's ok!

Maddie - That's so exciting about your work study! Denmark sounds really exciting

Chele - Awww, I hope they can find out who took it!

Workout champs - I'm trying to glug down as much water as I can a day (so much easier with my water bottle than with a regular glass lol) but I'm still showing weird fluctuations on the scale. Am I working myself too hard?

My hike was awesome the other day, I can't wait to go back! Except I definitely need different shoes to do it in, I found some on Amazon for a good price that I might get. The only thing is that I'm still up up up on the scale! Urgh, so frustrating :C But I drank last night at a friend's birthday celebration and we had sushi twice this week. So I guess that plus the apparent 5,000+ calories I burned exercising this week (spinning + 7 hours of hiking + kickboxing + bedroom tumbles) equate to retention.

I don't know if I'm working out too much or too hard or what but I need to figure this out :C (And I hope that's not the case because I love love love spinning and I'm looking forward to lots more hiking this summer now that I've found this park). I made up a weekly schedule for myself that includes calories allowances and a workout schedule. Monday and Saturday are yoga/stretching/low impact days, Tuesday Thursday and Sunday are spinning days, and Wednesday and Friday are kickboxing days. I'm trying not to go below 1400 calories on low impact days and not above 1800 calories on high impact days. Each day has a different calorie allowance for zigzagging. I hope it works!

I have one more week off from classes and this week my goal is to be OP with my new schedule. I do have a Phillies game Tuesday night but I will only be drinking water and no hot dogs or nachos or ice cream at the park!
Old 05-15-2010, 01:51 PM   #117  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Taylor ~ Your pictures are awesome!!! You definitely look great. You also look so much like a friend of mine from college (especially in your before pictures) that it's kinda spooky

sgregg & Platform ~ At this point, I'm pretty sure it's a lost cause regarding the money. I probably don't have to pay for it out of pocket, but I feel partly like it's my fault, so I'll probably just bring in the $40 on Monday. The teacher next to me offered to donate $20 of it since she knows how stressed out I was about it yesterday. And people wonder why I don't bring anything with me to school. I don't even bring my license with me (I live .25 miles from work). A student stole my eyeglasses one of my first years teaching there, so I don't trust anyone/anything. Unfortunately, I must have let my guard down yesterday.

I have so much stuff to do today....laundry mainly since I've been putting it off for over a week now LOL But the sun is finally out and it's finally getting warmer again, so I am more tempted to hang out outside than do chores!
Old 05-15-2010, 02:14 PM   #118  
Mary

S/C/G: 225/190/125

Height: 5'2" Age: 22

Chele - That really sucks about the money :C

I think I may be a situational eater. I find that I rarely eat because I'm upset or whatever anymore, but more along the lines of "We're at a baseball game I should eat a hot dog and get ice cream" or "We're out to dinner I should get a treat since I never eat here" or "There's left over sweet potato fries from my sister's lunch and I never get those so I should eat those".

The last one happened today, but luckily after about 6 fries I was able to stop myself and realize what I was doing. I put the fries back for someone else to have. I think a lot of this situational eating/hoarding of leftovers comes from my childhood of hoarding food (which I am sadly watching my young cousin go through) because I was told I couldn't have it.

Now I'm eating a yummy salad instead with craisins and almonds and drinking my water bottle, which has nice cold green tea brewed in it.
Old 05-15-2010, 05:23 PM   #119  
I will do this.

OH gosh girls. Thank you so much. I know that I would not get this far without you.

At 206 I am a size 12 (which is what the black pants are in the last picture) but I *DO* have a muffin top...only mine is my lower stomach. And it's bad. I might need skin removal when everything is said and done.

So I am in trouble. Today, after being two days off plan I was gonna get back on. And I did. Breakfast was okay, lunch was smooth and even went for an hour walk.

Then my dad called. He is gonna have a BBQ tonight and make his FAMOUS ribs...we are talking marinated in beer with sides of homemade corn bread, corn, salad....OMG you get the point. He is very healthy so these are very rare....and my fiance' is going...he even just went to get a few six packs to have a few drinks before we go.

*GULP* Okay, I am gonna go. I am going to enjoy myself. I am gonna eat ribs and drink beer.

TOMORROW I will get back on track.

3 days of celebration after finals is enough. I have enjoyed myself and eaten some great foods but I am ready to get some more of this weight off!!!

Jenny Thank you so much! I weight 206 and I am at a size 12. I am hoping to be 160 and size 9/10. My muffin top is on the bottom half so I hid it easily.

Sam I love your skin!! So perfect and you are so very pretty. I am sure you will rock a bikini

sgregg Thank you for the comment. Kids are so cute! Think you'll have another?

plat I LOVE hiking! And it sure does burn the calories! I am gonna try zigzagging...let me know how that goes for you. I am interested to see how it works for me. Good job on the hoarding food. I did that too and I still must work on it. How do you handle it when you tell yourself you can't have something? I struggle.

chele Oh how funny that I look like a college friend!! tee hee

Old 05-15-2010, 06:58 PM   #120  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Just popping in to say Taylor you are looking great Congrats to the grads! And everyone else, well done for still sticking in there. Also, I hate the IRD >.< They are always after my money which they arent entitled to and going around changing my tax codebehind my back! Grr!
Closed Thread