Old 10-29-2008, 11:34 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 212/Ticker!/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelbb View Post
I'm also having a panic attack as to whether or not to drop this class that I'm in right now. I got a 50% on the midterm, I hate the prof, and I sleep through half the lectures. She just assigned a HUGELY ridiculous research paper that will take up half my life, and I can't fathom doing well on. Should I drop it for the sake of my other grades? If I get completely terrible grade, it might affect my getting into teacher's college in the future if I decide to ever do that. But, If I drop it now, I have to take THREE courses next summer while I'm in Ireland, maybe 4 if I can't handle having SIX courses next semester...
Augh, I need an opinion really badly, what do you guys think? I have to decide before tomorrow...

Now, I don't want to tell you, "this is what you should do," because I have no clue the full gravity of the situation, nor do I want to be responsible for the outcome if it goes bad. But, this is my perspective: When I was in college, I don't know how many times I dropped courses because I couldn't stand the prof and it was really pulling my grades down. Do I regret dropping those courses? No - not at all. They made me totaly miserable and I ultimately decided that staying sane to focus on my other courses and get through college with a decent GPA and into the College of Education was far more important than any lousy prof. I had faith that everything would work out in the end and I would be able to fit everything in one way or another. And it did work out. Once, when I dropped one of those courses, I decided to try a religion course instead. I loved it so much, I ended up changing my major spring of my junior year, totally dropped my english and education majors, and managed to complete the Religion major in 3 semesters. Was it easy? No, I had never been more challenged in my entire education. But I had finally found what I loved and that made it worth it. And none of the profs sucked. That helped, too.

My point is this: "When life goes to tinker toys, the queen can be sacrificed." I don't remember who said it, but it basically means that when your life is crazy and insane, sometimes you have to let go of the things that seem huge and important at the time, but in the end, it may be the best thing that has ever happened to you. If you take an extra course in Ireland, it may change your life! It is a huge leap of faith...but that's what faith is all about. To quote a sign I read once, when you take that leap of faith, you have to trust that either someone will be there to catch you, or that you will be given wings and taught how to fly.
heidelene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 12:02 PM   #77  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Ok girlies I was out of commission yesterday life just got crazy hectic so I am going to pick up on personal replies just from todays postings...

Tara - Thats awesome that the boyfriend is going to do it with you. It can be really nice to have someone else along for the ride. I can totally relate to the happiness about your divorce being final. Mine was a bear to go through as well. You should have a divorce party lol...

Jessica - I would drop it. Sounds like it is a lose lose situation and you just have to pick the lesser of two evils...I would have thought dry ribs would have been exactly that. Ugh I hate spending money on food you don't even want. Its like a slap in the face after trying to be soooo good with researching ahead of time...

RHTS - You know your usually so good. Its not like every other day half your calories are from binge drinking jk. You deserve some slack!

HWGA - Take some me time for sure. You do deserve it.. that is too funny about your dream!

heidelene - "when you take that leap of faith, you have to trust that either someone will be there to catch you, or that you will be given wings and taught how to fly." - what a wonderful quote!

As for me:

Yesterday I was a superstar. I completely rocked it! I was soooo productive. I managed to get a big chunk of my new ad campaign taken care of for two different projects, get a proposal and packing structure in place for my newborn photography, eat like a health food princess all day and went to the gym for a run. Then when I got home I finished another wedding, burned it to disk and got it all ready to be mailed out today. I had a deficit of 327 calories which is awesome. Oh and did I mention that yesterday was weigh in day and I came in at 143.6 which is 1 lb down from last week... I am so doing my happy dance this morning.

Today needs to be another productive day... I love to run but I haven't for a long time. My legs are a big wobbly from yesterday so I know cardio in the conventional using your legs for most of it sense isn't going to work. My gym does have a lap pool and there is always weight training. Which do you girls think would be more beneficial to me at this point? I can use all the suggestions I can get...
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 12:20 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

Height: 5'3"

I'm off to my training/meeting this afternoon. Then off to dinner with my friends! I've already looked at the menu and am going to have pasta arrabiata (which is basically a spicy tomato sauce.) I had a light lunch (no breakfast, I slept in for a chang). I can't wait.

All I hope is that I don't get lost of the way to the resturant. I don't know my way around toronto all that well....

Have a good afternoon ladies.
shantroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 12:30 PM   #79  
*insert inspiration here*

S/C/G: 286/185/130

Well, I can't sit around and just eat candy...makes me sick so having a ton in the house shouldn't affect me too much. I usually have a bag of fun size milky ways around for that pesky sweet tooth. However, I bought the candy I was craving...remember that snickers I was going to give a toe up for? Yeah, bought about three bags of those. I'll probably eat wayyyyy too much candy on Saturday and then be sick of it.

LOL! no, I'm not giving any of my candy away. I wait all year to be able to buy that much candy and not look like a pig.

I am running on about 3 hours of sleep right now...woke up at 2am and couldn't get back to sleep…was up eating cereal and watching the Cosby Show at like 4am. I have my Maxwell concert tonight...who the **** throws a concert in the middle of damn week? Jeez! But yeah, so I'm going to be mad tired tonight and I have to be up at 6 am and I probably won't even get into the house until like 1am (we have to go eat apparently) Don't think I'm going to be able to squeeze in a workout tonight, so I plan to run around the ware house all day and keep saying “busy, busy, busy!” so I look all dedicated and mess.
caligirl98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 12:47 PM   #80  
Feelin' Sassafrassy

S/C/G: 317/271/165

Height: 6'0''

I and another good workout this week, and I went 3 times this week. Yay!

I was dissappointed that my birthday was sorta crummy, but such as life and we dont always get what we want.

I "cheated" today and had a small piece of the birthday cake my sister bought me. It was gross but I felt bad that I didn't want it because I knew it was going to be a bad cake. I don't like the icing they put on it, and the cake tasted sorta stale. However, my sister bought it and I didn't want to be selfish.

I hope I get to have good cake this weekend though, and I get to see my boyfriend. His dad was in a serious work accident monday and it threw our plans completely in the trashcan. However, the situation is still serious but the outlook is getting brighter. Here's better things for today.
Bee20nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 12:57 PM   #81  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

this morning I weighed in at my samhain goal weight...again, so I guess that five lbs gain on the scale yesterday was just some kind of parallel universe invading my personal space.

Today and until friday is **** week at my office. Three visiting providers, TONS of patients and I am the appointment logistics person. Not fun. It causese me great anxiety. But, I leave on friday for vacay...so its worth it!

HWGA: Glad you are going to take some you time. YOU deserve it. I had wacked dreams last night too, I dreamed I was working all night long and that my office was super busy. then I woke up and had to do it all over again. I own a thong, but I've never worn it longer the it takes to put it on, look at my dimpled *** in the mirror and know its not happening. Never considered wearing it while riding my bike though...

Cali: I'm like you, I buy candy pretty much once a year at halloween or right after when its all on sale and then I horde it all year long. I use halloween candy as stocking stuffers. I'm not a big sweet tooth person though. And yes, in the summer some parts of alaska are light 24 hours a day, but not for 6 months, maybe two months tops, and in the winter in the northern part of the state the sun sets in early november and they don't see it again for a few months. AND ITS COLD! lol. Where I live in the summer the sun does set, but only for a few hours and we always have at least a smidgen of day light in the winter, we are pretty far south.

Taylor: Glad you are feeling good being back on plan. I notice that when I eat crappy I feel lethargic.
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 01:54 PM   #82  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Taylor:
Kudos on making the little changes that you know are necessary. Sometimes it's better to just know that you've chosen better than you once would have than to count calories obsessively or beat yourself up over the little things.
That's badass that your fiance is from overseas as well. How did you meet?

Shanny:
Eeep, your computer okay??

Meredith:
I feel your pain midterm-styling. Right now is STRESS season for the masses. Not fun. Good luck in all the evils that are thrown your way!

Vday:
How's getting to the gym been going?? As expected, I slept in this morning when I'd intended to get up and go... *kicks self*

Reese's PB cereal? That's like temptation waiting to happen. Pull an Elwing and pour some water into it before you throw it out.

Chele:
Man, you need to live in Canada. We have a brand called Lululemon that is AMAZING. It's yoga workout clothes, BUT... they have these amazing stretchy comfy pants that are pin-striped, and look like dress pants. No one but me knows how friggin comfortable I am in them... and they'll continue to fit for a while while I lose weight!

ghost:
It's one thing to have a biochemistry major try to sympathize with you... but entirely another to have someone who's actually been in fine arts. Thanks, I appreciate it. A lot of people just don't understand how stressful being an art major really can be...
And yeah, the cry was probably necessary to gain back a bit of my sanity.
If you're not into sculpture much, what's your medium of choice?

Misstravel:
I'm the outcast. I've still got about 4 days to go until mine.

Heather:
It's always a good day when a pre-pubescent child doesn't try to hit you.

Elwing!
Well done, honey! I always have this wonderful sense of pride in myself when I destroy something that would otherwise without a doubt wind up in my stomach and on my hips.
Dish detergent works well too.

Kelli:
The well-I-went-a-little-off-plan-why-not-just-have...? is pretty common, I think... what *I* tend to do is about eighty times more stupid. When I lose a good amount of weight and feel really proud of myself, I'm like, "Well, look at all the weight I've lost, a good fast-food meal and some chips won't undo it all..." It's like a reward for my being good that screws me right over!!

Cali:
What's nanowrimo??

DRose:
When's the American election again? Soon, right? I'll Google it when I'm done here... I find it very entertaining that politics is a banned topic on this site. I wonder if my post would get deleted if I went any more in-depth here.

And... HEY! Congrats on those jeans!!! It's a pain when one pair's too big and the other's too small, but... it's great that you're so teensy in your old pair now! In just 8 weeks, GO YOU!

SHANNY YOU'RE AN HOUR AWAY FROM ME. (Yeh, that's all I had to say...)

Taylor, again:
When I eat crap food... greasy, salty, or a ton of carbs... I always want to eat more. It's not even necessarily that I'm not full, it's just that I want MORE despite being full, lol. When I eat healthily, when my stomach is stuffed and I'd added a giant cup of steamed veggies to whatever I was eating, when I'm finished... I'm finished.

Tara:
Congrats on those papers being all finished and done with! It must be such a relief to have that divorce be finalized!

RHTS:
Ehhh. Sometimes you don't even realize how much you're drinking... it's a baaad calorie-ruiner.

HWGA:
Hahaha, that's an awesome dream. I'm willing to bet that the wedgie had something to do with the thong dream.
...I had a weird dream last night too. I dreamt that I was at some kind of... random summer camp or something... and for some reason I was wandering around without a top on... and then the other chicas there were all gossiping about me and everyone suddenly hated me. I woke up feeling insanely unpopular and really embarrassed. :s
I think I'm gonna drop the class. More info below...

Heidelene:
Thanks for your opinion darling. I really appreciate it. I think I probably am gonna drop it... the problem is that I'm worried I'm creating more stress for myself in the long-run... I can't pick up another course at this point, so I'm just down another credit that I have to take in the future. =/

Stephanie:
*crowns you the healthfood princess* Well done, you!
That chick whose site I went to, by the by... she said she'd never been to 3FC before, and wasn't sure who you were, lol. Potentially the wrong person? Eep!

Bee20nine:
Sorry that your birthday sucksed. Mine wasn't too fantastic this past year either. *makes a face* May next year's birthdays be better for both of us!

Cali:
Have fun at your concert!

I think I'm going to drop my course. I called my mom to let her know. She was not pleased. I tend to do this fairly often, take 4 courses instead of 5... it makes my life easier and less stressful, and I don't... tend to hate... everything... But she doesn't see it as making my life easier and happier. She sees it in terms of the money that I'm wasting.

She also touched on the fact that she's upset that I don't have a game plan as to what I'm going to do when I graduate, and thinks I should go to teacher's college, despite my deciding I don't want to be a teacher.

She also mentioned that she thinks that taking an extra semester abroad when I move to Ireland is a bad idea because I won't be able to focus on my courses.

She thinks that my boyfriend is messing me up, and he's ruining my future just a bit with this whole... me potentially moving to Ireland thing.

My brother set a bad precedent by finishing high school, doing college in two years, and getting a career less than a month whereas I don't know what I'm going to do with my life.

I feel like sh!t now. Thanks mom.

Last edited by Jelbb; 10-29-2008 at 02:00 PM.
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 02:10 PM   #83  
I'm a khaleesi!!

Jelbb: my mediums of choice are painting: acrylic and oil, printmaking, oil pastel, and every once in a while I'll get a wild hair up my arse and play around with screen printing t-shirts and snarky logos onto various things. I'm also learning the ancient unangan art of bentwood hat making which is technically a 3-d art, and I'm teaching a course at the university next semester on painting the bentwood hats both traditionally and in a contemporary context. Most of my painting focuses on traditional themes, designs and values of my culture, I am Unanagan which is Alaskan Native from the Aleutians. I was a fine art major with a double minor in anthropology and ethnobotany.
Old 10-29-2008, 02:31 PM   #84  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

shantroy - Have a great time at dinner!

caligirl98 - Your too funny about proclaiming your not giving your candy out hehe. Have fun at your concert....

Bee20nine - Well you were just being polite right? Jk birthday cake happens, its what you do after that counts

ghost - oooh vacation on Friday! Awesome... Going anywhere fun?

Jelbb - The girl who used to post on here was name Maja Swiderska.... I think her username was trnsfrmnrplce. Holly is someone I came across on the net. She and I do not formally know each other I think she is one of my myspace friends (which doesnt mean much lol). Sounds like we had a miscommunication. That would be a tough act to follow having your brother just speed through the process. Moms are always afraid to lose their babies. OFCOURSE she doesnt want you moving to Ireland, and sees the bf as the reason. Therefore HE is messing up HER thought of what your plans should look like. When you find the one and you end up getting married or settling down they become such a permanent part of your life, just like a mom or a dad. But until then everyone else sees them as temporary.

OK so I have decided on weight training. I've been scouring self.com and shape.com and think I have put together a little plan for myself... This is how I USED to be. Focused, driven taking my workouts as 'me' time.
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 02:44 PM   #85  
*insert inspiration here*

S/C/G: 286/185/130

Jelbb: nanowrimo is national novel writing month...all of November, I have 30 days to complete a 50,000 word novel.

www.nanowrimo.org

Yep, I'm a writing fanatic and since I don't seem to have enough on my plate, I'll throw in trying to write a novel in a month. That should keep me busy. LOL!

Hmmm, did I mention that I'll probably go trick-or-treating? ;-)
caligirl98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 03:49 PM   #86  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Jelbb- I wouldnt drop the course, mostly because of the money. At this stage of the game you are probably not going to get your money back for it. I would stay in it, not put a lot of effort into, and see what happens. If you pass, great you dont have to pay to do it again, and if you fail then you end up doing it again (or not) which would have been the case even if you had dropped it. This is just based on what happens at my uni with people dropping courses too late and not getting their money back
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 04:25 PM   #87  
I'm a khaleesi!!

I have a new favorite low cal food. Kikkoman instant shiro miso soup. LOVE! 35 cals per packet.
Old 10-29-2008, 04:50 PM   #88  
I will do this.

So I had subway for lunch! A 6 inch on whole wheat with turkey, no cheese, mustard and a ton of veggies with baked chips and a diet coke. Much better than my usual choice of a foot long italian (the one with all the meat) cheese, mayo, oil...etc and kettle chips. Yay for small things.

This is only a quick little up date on my nice lunch. I was super happy I made a better choice.

HWGA I get hungry quickly after breakfast too. This is what I have...maybe you can try it if it fits in your diet. 2 slices of turkey bacon (40 calories) 1 egg (70) 1/2 a laughing cow (18?) and 2 slices of light bread (90) with a total of 218 calories for breakfast. I know that may seem like alot of cals for breakfast but I need them to start my day off right. So I usually toast the bread and put the laughing cow on it and then make a sandwich with the egg and turkey bacon. It's amazing and really keeps me full with all that protein and complex carbs.

---I will do more personals later!!! 3FC is my guilt pleasure and I will be back on after my rehearsal!
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 05:04 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

I was able to get my final moved, so I scheduled my tummy tuck/breast lift for December 17. I paid the deposit so there is no turning back now. It seems like everything is happening so fast. But I’m really excited about it.

HWGA – That is a weird dream, especially since you don’t own a thong or bike. I hate when I have them and can’t figure out why.

Jelbb – Only you can know whether or not it is right but I would see first, if you can take it pass/no pass rather then dropping it otherwise I would say yes if you really think it will screw up your other classes and your gpa then drop it. Your parents shouldn’t compare you to your brother everyone is different.

Stephanie – That is great that you are rocking things out. Keep up the great work and continue to show us your great pictures.

Shan – Enjoy eating out. That is great that you are planning ahead.

Cali – Wow that is a lot of candy. That is an interesting theory of how to do it. I wish I could do something like that but I can’t keep candy otherwise I will eat all of it.

Bee – I hope everything gets better. Try and enjoy your birthday cake, hopefully the one this weekend is better then the other.

Ghost – I hope that the things aren’t too busy at work.

Taylor – it is the small victories that get us though this. Keep up the good work.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 07:40 PM   #90  
I will do this.

So tomorrow I am at school from 10am to 9pm.. Holy Cow! This would usually lead me to go to a fast food place (in my mind subway is not fast food, but ya know..not home made..) however, I have made both my lunch and dinner and put them in the fridge so there no excuse not to bring them with me tomorrow! W00t!

I have exactly made it back to the gym as I would have liked to, but for the next three weeks (and my fellow drama girls can relate) are **** WEEKS. These are the weeks of dress rehearsal and performances and that means I won't have time to do anything let alone breathe. My goal is to avoid all fast food and junk food that maybe provided during said **** week and if I do go out to eat with the cast ordering the best option possible for me on the menu. Oh, and avoid drinking with cast members (until the cast party - of course.)

Remember How exciting for you! If you have any question about plastic surgery let me know - I have had 2 breast reductions.

Jelb I know this may sound dorky - but I met him on myspace. He had always wanted to study law in the states and since I go to the college in Colorado that he wanted to go to for his general education he messaged me to ask how I liked it. Several hundred dollars in phone bills and 6 months later we met and a year later we got engaged! As for your class - I agree with remember - is there any way you can pass/no pass it?

ghost Those sound awesome! But are they high in sodium? I also love miso soup!

Bee Great job on making it to the gym three times this week! It's a good week if I can make it once....and I don't think a small piece of cake is cheating...I call that life. If you had sat down with a pint of ice cream and 2 pieces of cake...now that's a problem! Awesome self control, sister!

shantroy Have fun at dinner! It's great you looked at the menu before hand that's awesome planning...I wish all places had their menu online!

Steph WOW! It does look like you are being productive! Wanna send some of that will power over here? I am currently avoiding homework...

HWGA OOoo that is a crazy dream! Did you eat anything spicy before you went to bed? That always happens to me when I eat spicy food before I sleep. And you ME time sounds AMAZING!..I have forgotten what that is...You should take a bubble bath!!!

Last edited by Taylor86; 10-29-2008 at 08:45 PM.
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote