Old 10-30-2008, 11:18 AM   #106  
I will do this.

Like I said yesterday, I am at school from 10am to 8pm today so I wanted to share my eating plan so I won't get fast food and for you guys to keep me accountable.

L- Turkey sandwich with baked chips
S- Apple, 100 calorie pack and laughing cow
D- Smart ones with 1 cup brown rice and extra steamed veggies (I have this at home waiting for me...)

Yay for a long day with only a 45 minute break.

I hope everyone has a good thursday!
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 11:55 AM   #107  
*insert inspiration here*

S/C/G: 286/185/130

I am in love. OMG! Maxwell is soooooooo freaking gorgeous!!! I am still on my little love sick cloud. My goodness! I was second row center and I could see his every facial expression. I swear we made eye contact at least three times. I have to marry that man...I can see that now. My friend who was all blasé about it b/c she said she was just there to see Jasmine Sullivan...yeah, whatever. When Maxwell started singing 'Fortunate' (my ALL TIME favorite Maxwell song) we both flipped out. She was shaking and crying and mess. It was this point when he was singing 'Till the cops come knocking' and all those panties and bras were flying at the stage when he had his back to us. But then he turned around and me and my friend's mouths both dropped open. At that moment, he was the most beautiful creature ever created. I am sooooo in love. I screamed so much last night, I'm hoarse. He said he's coming back to Oakland next year...I am so there! Down front. I want a hug next time. If I can, I'm going to pull him off the stage and drag him to the alter.

Weight wise, I haven't stepped foot on the scale in three weeks and I noticed how much better I feel. I mean, I haven't been eating super well or super bad or working out super much or lazing it, which means, I'm probably the same and I don't need to see that. When the scale doesn't move, it is discouraging and it does screw up my whole day (week, month...) so, I'm not weighing this week either. I'm going to be super good next week and then I'll finally be on the scale again.

Be back later...have to actually make my money now...
caligirl98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 11:58 AM   #108  
Feelin' Sassafrassy

S/C/G: 317/271/165

Height: 6'0''

I get to see my boyfriend tonight. Yay! We are going to be able to go out tomorrow for my birthday. Oh this weekend is going to be good afterall.
Bee20nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 12:00 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

I don't know if I can do personals. Maybe next week! This thread goes so fast and school has been crazy.

However, I do want to say:

Heather I agree I cannot believe someone would say that about your pictures. It is your wedding and your pictures and its none of their business. I honestly have had run-ins with so many rude people lately.. I don't think people realize how critical they are.

I'm down a pound! I drank 3 MGD 64's last night which made me in turn eat 2 peices of cheese bread that my bf bought when I got home. So.. optimistically I think maybe I lost more? Doubtful but I can dream. I ran 6 miles yesterday and I'm pretty sore so I'm gonna make time to stretch between writing this aweful paper I'm about to start! Have a great day girls
kelli32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 12:17 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

Cali- I'm so glad you had fun last night with Maxwell. He is fine... and 2nd row seats, too? Dang girl that's awesome! I say next time he comes to town jump up on stage.... just kidding, that would not be good to get kicked out of the concert.

So this morning I got up felt refreshed, but still alittle tired. I put on make up everyday, not much but some. Today I did my eye shadow on my eyes, and wore some earings and everybody, including the hater girls, keep telling me how pretty I look today. AND, I just FEEL good. I refuse to get stressed about all the things I'm committed to, I'm going to be happy no matter what. There's this really cute guy at work that we always flirt with each other, everyday, well, he got something stuck in his hand today. Since I'm the unofficial first aid person, I had to hold his hand and get it out. We were very close and it felt nice to be close to a man, Lord knows it's been a long time for me to even be next to a man. It was nice..... so I kinda feel like I'm on my own cloud 9 this morning.
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 01:12 PM   #111  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Taylor86 - Yay for your healthy lunch. Those everyday choices are the ones that really count in the longrun!Sounds like you've got your own willpower chica!

RHTS - Thats exciting you've got your deposit down and no turning back Your braver than I am lol.

Bee20nine - Doesn't it make you feel so good to help someone else out. Karma is going to be on your side now

HeatherMcG - I always tell my clients that their wedding photos are the story of their two families coming together. They are your first family hierloom. You sound like a confident woman... wouldn't you hate to miss a big peice of the story just because other people can't keep their opinions to themselves? You choose your pics girly, and have fun!

leighish - I get the exact same thing. I have since I was a child. I was diagnosed with too much adrenaline. The chemical imbalance makes you get light headed and sometimes lose vision for a few seconds. The docs told me to eat saltines and drink lots of water everyday that when you get enough water in your system it can counteract it naturally. Hope you get to feeling better.

Tara - Sounds like you are off to a great start! Keep it up...

HWGA - What a nice message last night. I am proud of your too girly. Way to take some time out for yourself... Thats awesome about all the compliments. Doesn't it just feel good?

Blcarter84 - MOving can be so stressful. I am a big believer in fate and things happening in the way they were intended too. I bet in 2 months you won't even remember being this stressed and will be just loving your life!

bekk0 - back away from the reeses lol, good girl!

caligirl98 - "drag him off stage and pull him to the altar" your so cute, thats the best line lol.

kelli32 - Yay on your 6 miles...

As for me:

Yesterday went very well eating wise. I had a deficit of 421 calories. I did not go workout as I had a ton of errands to do. All of which I accomplished thank you very much.

Today I woke up and put a pair of dress slacks on that are usually kinda tight at the top. NOT TODAY! They feel loose around my thighs and I am on cloud nine. TTOM is gone so I think some water weight has left as well. I can't wait to weigh again. DH and I are planning a date night out of town for tomorrow then I am going to see my family on Sat for my bro's birthday.

I am also going SHOPPING YAY! I need some new sweaters now that Fall is in rare form and things are getting chilly. I am super excited because when I was in Paris on honeymoon I bought the entire countries supply of french cashmere scarves. Well during the summer its way to hot to wear them as accessories, but now I can. Im a dork huh?
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 01:57 PM   #112  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Height: 5'3"

Wow, you ladies are rocking the weekly thread like its going outta style!

Today is another **** day, we are triple booked all afternoon! This makes my life very difficult. Also I feel like I'm not sleeping well, I've been having crazy vivid dreams and nightmares that I think are caused by my zoloft or my trazadone.

I am .25 lbs away from my halloween goal, so I'm being super super good today. I know when I'm on vacay I'm going to gain weight, especially the last weekend of it since I'm going to be in Anchorage with my birthday twin partyin it up, and she's in the food and beverage business and used to work at several really good foodie places. She's got all our meals planned for the weekend, and we are staying in a super fine hotel, the Capt Cook. Can't wait!

Taylor: I will hold you accountable, stay on plan, you deserve it!

Cali: I love Maxwell, you are going to have to fight me for him. But I have to warn you, I don't need a weapon because I am one (chuck norris). LMAO! Hope your vocal cords recover, and how many bra's and panties did you throw at him again?

HWGA: You are the best motivator. When I don't feel like working out I always ask myself "what would heather do?" Lol, WWHD? She'd freaking work out! And so I go and work out. I'm glad you feel fabulous today, because you ARE FABULOUS. I feel pretty damn good myself today, my co-worker told me I'm looking mighty slim and I too put on my face this morning.

Leighish: doth my eyes deceive me? are you in oneder-land? Congratulations!
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 02:21 PM   #113  

Ghost- WWHD? Oh my gooness, I have heard everything now! Seriously, that was the best compliment ever! I really appreciate it. Me and my friend have this joke saying that we should have a button with a thumbs up sign. When we are not doing good, we would turn it so the thumb is facing down but when we feel good we can turn it up. So you've just "turned my button." lol We both are fabulous I must say! Isn't it funny how putting on our face just makes the day better? Not to mention compliments.

Taylor- I too will hold you accountable. I'm so glad that you are on here and not quitting! That's awesome that you are planning your meals, no excuses! You're pretty much the bomb girl!

Stephanie- It does feel great to have compliments. You're not a dork, I call that very smart! Paris.... that sounds fabulous. I've never been to Europe but always wanted to go.

Kell- 6 miles? You are my hero!!!

Bee- Happy Bday girl! Going out with BF is going to be so much for you!

Remember- I'm so excited for you! How much does the surgery cost?

Heather- I would say forget them! You look fabulous in your wedding pictures so don't worry about it. They're just haters.

Cali & Ghost- Am I going to have to referee? Don't worry while y'all are fighting over him, I'll be walking away with him. Just kidding!
Old 10-30-2008, 02:36 PM   #114  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Oh for the love of eff, we all like each other WAY too much, this thread is killing me.

ghost:
Ethnobotany? That may be the most random thing I've ever heard. Badass, though. I always wished I'd taken more painting courses, but I wound up absorbing myself in the wonderful world of digital art.... I took every Photoshop, Illustrator, Web Design, Video-editing course my school had to offer.
That's also really awesome about having a kind of cultural background to draw on. Unless I want to draw on Canadian cultural stereotypes and pull a Marcel-Duchamp-esque ready-made of a hockey stick and call it something like "In advance of inappropriate penetration" for the sake of shock value.

Steph:
Yeah, I think there was just a little miscommunication. Thanks though.
And yeah... I think you're right about my mom and her issues with my moving to Ireland. Just when my mom does entirely the wrong thing, she makes up for it though. She called me today and went on a short rant about how she knows that whatever I choose will be the right thing, and that she knows that I'll make things work. And that she's proud of me, and she thinks she'd forgotten to tell me all that the day before. (she had, lol.)
Ahh, parents.

What are those websites? Self and such? ?:?
Congrats on the pants being loose!

Caligirl:
Oooh, entertaining! I've always wanted to write. Wanted to, but not having put quite enough energy into the task, really.
Any chance of getting a short-sentence synopsis, or no?

Iconised Ghost:
Defo wouldn't get any money back for it. I wound up dropping it. Hopefully it was the right decision.
..and YAY marathon stuff!

Taylor:
Well done with the Subway! No matter how good I felt like I was being by not going to McDonald's or some other fast food place... I tended to ruin it by having a foot-long pizza sub. 700 calories, ahoy!

And I don't think that's dorky at all. I've met guys online before. Comes with the territory of spending half of my chubby adolescence on the internet. Huzzah. And even though I met my current boyfriend in a night club... let's be honest, half of our friggin' relationship has had to be online anyhow, thanks to the miracle that is the Atlantic Ocean. *makes a sour face*

So what's up with the fiance? When are you two moving to be together? Which country? Irishboy is all about the raising of the family in Ireland, and has made this pretty obvious. I'd miss Canada horribly if that happened, not to mention my family... but I refuse to stress about that all now.

RHTS:
Thanks darling. You're right, she shouldn't compare me to him.. but she never really does, she never says it, I just feel like she's thinking it, ya know? But.. go up a few posts and read what I wrote to Steph. My mom called today and made up for it.

Bee:
Augh, your story just reminds me of how many times I got my car stuck in snow banks last year. I am beyond petrified. I hate winter sometimes.

Heather:
Oooh, yay!! And what a fantastic approach, honey! Don't stress about the wedding photos where you don't look supermodelesque, everyone always has bad photos of themselves. You enjoy those pictures, because they're of YOUR special day, and you deserve to love them!!
AND I WANNA SEE!

Leighish:
Hm. Yeah. Sometimes when I stand up and walk across my room, I get light-headed, and fleeting (crazy) tunnel vision. I've googled, and it just said it happens occasionally when blood drains too quickly from one area... I don't know that it's anything to be concerned about unless it's REALLY affecting you. Is it long-term light-headedness?

Tara:
Well done you!!
Lol, it baffles me that it can be someone's first STRICT diet in their 20s. Product of being a female and having yo-yo dieted all my life, I suppose! That's great that your bf is joining in tho.

BlCarter:
Maybe it is like a movie. But this is just the beginning, where the main character has a few stresses on her plate.. moving out and starting a new life! I think it's a great time for you to be single, what with all the changes that you're making. Wait and see... I bet the pieces of your life will start to fall into place without you even noticing it... and one day you'll wake up and realise that you're truly and genuinely happy.
...I've been watching too many feel-good movies.

All of you should watch the movie "Under the Tuscan Sun." DO IT.

Bekko:
I love that you just threw out a Reese's Cup and read the forums. You're adorable, and I'm proud of you!!

Elwing:
Sometimes when my boyfriend says things, I stare at him blankly for a moment in complete incomprehension. And vice versa. Cheers to cultural differences.

It took me a long moment to realise that when you said you'd eaten ice, you meant icing.. like cake icing... not just.. frozen water.

Hm. When you say your waist, which part of your stomach do you measure, out of curiosity? I am rocking the most insanely pear-shaped body in existence... so about 7 cm under my bust I'm like 81 cm (32 inches) around... but around my belly-button/hips I'm a good ol' 99 cm (39 inches).

HWGA:
LOVE those days when you're feeling pretty! Totally makes you wanna keep going on the OP-front. I bet you look completely gorgey.

AND AS FOR ME...
I love today. I dropped that class for the sake of my sanity, and that means that Thursdays are mine. No 8:30 am stress weighing on the back of my mind, no mind-bogglingly ridiculous essay due, and no more inane lectures and readings. (For that class. )

I weighed in at 156 this morning and felt elated. Last night I turned down freshly baked cookies, and opted to keep my hands busy (and not shovelling food in my mouth) by knitting a scarf for my bf's sister for Christmas while I watched So You Think You Can Dance (Canada) and America's Next Top Model. It worked, and the scarf looks badass.

I got a txt from my boyfriend saying that the package that I sent him on September 4th was apparently waiting at home for him. This... totally thrills me, because I love giving presents. Holy ****, though, Canada Post. 4-6 weeks my ***, try nearly 8.
He fell in love with Kraft Macaroni in Cheese (Known simply as "Kraft Dinner" in Canada) while he was here, asserting in a surprised tone, "Well, this is lovely," after his first bite. Let me tell you, only an IRISH straight, 23 year-old male can get away with calling something lovely and not raise eyebrows.
So, in this package I threw a couple of boxes of Kraft Dinner, an Oh Henry bar (his favourite soccer player is named Thierry Henry, and he was thrilled to see the chocolate bar in our stores here), two t-shirts I bought him (many of his own have holes in them, or lude stupid sayings like, "An awkward morning beats a boring night"... I know. I found me a winner. ), a Canada flag, and an HIV Giant Microbe (stuffed microbes of various illnesses ... I made him go get tested, and it became a bit of a drama--- he acted like a child, and insisted he was going to have HIV and die, and he'd rather not know.) (He got tested. He didn't. Shock.) (I wrote in the letter in the box that instead of getting all paranoid when he thought of "HIV" I hoped from now on, he'd think of his new furry little friend. )
So anyhow, I chucked all that in a box along with directions on how to make Kraft Dinner. (Brilliantly enough, he didn't strain the noodles when he once tried to make it while I was at work, choosing instead to pour the cheese mix into the water the noodles had cooked in, effectively making himself cheesy soup...)

I want him to txt me and tell me if he's opened it yet!!!

I went to get my car emissions-tested today and there were a couple of 20-something guys painting the outside of the garage. I felt pretty good today, put on a bright red button-up shirt that's been too tight or just-right back and forth over the years, and found it buttons up tight, but fits well. I complimented it with a pair of bright red heels. As I walked into the garage to drop off my keys, one of the guys painting wolf-whistled at me.

I don't care how degrading some women would find that. It made me feel damned good.

Last edited by Jelbb; 10-30-2008 at 02:38 PM.
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 02:42 PM   #115  

I'm mad busy, but this is obviously VERY serious...

HWGA/Ghost: you guys don't have a chance! Maxwell made eye contact with me at least three times! Fate! We are meant to be together...as soon as he meets me.

Ghost: I kept my drawers on, thank you very much! I wasn't throwing panties and bras…I was ducking. Nearly lost an ear when I got blindsided by a wicked underwire, I tell you. He was he-larry-us...He'd pick up the bra, throw it over his shoulder and keep on singing.

Ok, really, back to work...
Old 10-30-2008, 02:51 PM   #116  
I'm a khaleesi!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here we go again View Post
Cali & Ghost- Am I going to have to referee? Don't worry while y'all are fighting over him, I'll be walking away with him. Just kidding!
Those are fighting words!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelbb View Post
Oh for the love of eff, we all like each other WAY too much, this thread is killing me.

ghost:
Ethnobotany? That may be the most random thing I've ever heard. Badass, though. I always wished I'd taken more painting courses, but I wound up absorbing myself in the wonderful world of digital art.... I took every Photoshop, Illustrator, Web Design, Video-editing course my school had to offer.
That's also really awesome about having a kind of cultural background to draw on. Unless I want to draw on Canadian cultural stereotypes and pull a Marcel-Duchamp-esque ready-made of a hockey stick and call it something like "In advance of inappropriate penetration" for the sake of shock value.
I have a bumper sticker on my truck that says "Artists are here to disturb the peace" so embrace your cultural hockey heritage. Seriously though, when I think about hockey I think about Jaque "the cock" Laraque from the Love Guru...lmao!
Old 10-30-2008, 02:54 PM   #117  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelbb View Post

Iconised Ghost:
Defo wouldn't get any money back for it. I wound up dropping it. Hopefully it was the right decision.
..and YAY marathon stuff!
I got a free bagel! And an adidas try top etc. But a bagel!
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 03:19 PM   #118  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost View Post
Those are fighting words!

I have a bumper sticker on my truck that says "Artists are here to disturb the peace" so embrace your cultural hockey heritage. Seriously though, when I think about hockey I think about Jaque "the cock" Laraque from the Love Guru...lmao!
Ghost/ Cali- Well, then I say "bring it on Cledus", you better check my records, I'm deep in the streets! lol

Oh, I saw the Love Guru, that's so funny you bring that up. I don't think I can ever look at JT the same again.....

Cali- I'm sorry you almost got your ear ripped off by a crazy bra.... but you know what? y'all can keep Maxwell, I'll take my pick from the other fine gentlemen....
Old 10-30-2008, 03:53 PM   #119  

Guh, has this thread always moved so fast or, was I better at keeping up in younger day…you know, back when I was 24.

Leigh: Oh goodness, you are in onederland. Congrats Woman! If I ever hit onderland…oh well, I would probably celebrate with some Chinese Food…so I hope you didn’t do that.

Taylor: LOL! I was thinking how it would be so cool if there was a 3FC State somewhere that we could all converge on so that we could come together and hug, and cry and eat low fat snacks together. I can’t really watch anything with ghost because I live alone and I start to get paranoid when the apartment settles. There is just so much comfort my teddy bear can offer.

Yes, I still have a teddy bear…that isn’t a problem is it?

HWGA: I love ‘pretty days’. The problem is, when I’m feeling mad cute, I feel like I get…ok, this super shallow…but yeah, when I feel cute, I feel like I get less guy attention. But when I’m feeling mad busted and disgusted, it’s like, they are really into me. I don’t get it.

Ahh flirting with cute guys…I miss that. My flirting techniques had deserted me in recent years. Must find them soon, or I’m going to become the cat lady with a parakeet to keep me company on those extra lonely days.

Stephanie: I’m serious. That man betta watch out! LOL! Oooh, there is nothing better than fitting into something that use to didn’t fit. I always have to conduct a happy dance after I get into said clothing…you know, to make sure I can move around comfortably.

Ghost: I’m jealous! My vacation is still…counting….is still 7 and a half weeks away. I cannot wait. The first thing I’m going to do is sleep three days straight. OMG! I couldn’t imagine it being dark for longer than 12 hours at a time. Goodness! It would also annoy me for it to be day light longer than 12 hours at a time too. You know, if you’re looking for places to move without snow, there is always Cali. LOL! And you can bring your boy candy with you, please.

Jelbb: You are a dedicated person…I’m trying to estimate exactly how long it took you to do all of those personals…I’m writing a spoofy type, horror, mystery, drama, romance type dealy. If I’m lucky, it won’t be 50,000 words worth of crap. I’m entering the one I did last year into a contest. If I doesn’t win, I’ll start shopping that one around for an agent. My life dream is to be published…and a size eight, and to wear a mini skirt and to visit Italy…

Speaking of weird slightly off confidence boosters…ok we’ll call them delivery man #1 and #2. Now, #1 comes in, is old enough to be my father (I call his type a Rufus, old men who like young sexy thangs like myself. LOL! *shudder*) so I’m trying to sign the little thingy and he’s all like, “You’re not married? Fiancée?” I was like no. And he was like, “Well, you can sign your name and write your number down.” So not happening. When I tried to give him the thing, he wouldn’t take it, talking about, “You forgot your number.” Eventually I got him to leave. Thirty minutes later, #2 comes in…#2, I’ve met before, he was the one who picked up my laptop when it had to go for repairs some two months ago. Haven’t seen him since. #2 is cute and tallish. #2 starts smiling as soon as he sees me and is all, “Did you get your laptop back?” I’m thinking, he remembers?!?! So I had to sign for the package and my signature is illegible so I always have to tell the delivery guys what is says so they can enter it into the system. So I tell him my name and he looks me up and down still smiling like and says, “Yeah, I remember your name.” So he stares, and I wait and wait and freaking wait thinking, “Ask me for my number already!!!!” He nods, says, “I’ll see you later,” which isn’t true since that delivery company hardly ever comes to our company. *grumble* Why couldn’t #2 be as bold as #1?

I really don’t get guys. I remember asking a guy friend, why do guys stare and smile but don’t ask for a number when they are obviously interested? And he says how guys aren’t sure if we (the female) is interested and they don’t want to be rejected. Guh! Are they waiting for a divine sign from the heavens above? Do I have to wear a sign across my chest that says ‘yes, I’m interested, fear not and ask me for my number.’?

Sorry, I have no idea where that rant came from.
Old 10-30-2008, 04:22 PM   #120  
I'm a khaleesi!!

I just tell them I am attracted to them. and I ask for their number. I'm not afraid to put it out there that I'm interested, because how else will they know. When I was in high school, all my best friends were guys, and they told me they hate it that guys are supposed to do all the first moves. They endorse flirting. So, flirt.

Last edited by ghost; 10-30-2008 at 04:23 PM.