Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2001, 11:05 AM   #1  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

This is the SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIP
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-THURSDAY RECIPE DAY
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FITNESS

Please visit our NEWLY UPDATED BIO BOARD where you can learn more about everyone who is on this board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//Forum55/HTML/000082.html

Please make sure you post your BIO on the NEWEST VERSION of our BIO BOARD everyone!!!!

Our FEBRUARY 2001 RECIPE BOARD can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//Forum55/HTML/000107.html

We have FOUR NEW INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//Forum55/HTML/000053.html

THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//Forum55/HTML/000054.html

THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//Forum55/HTML/000055.html

MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//Forum55/HTML/000078.html

We also now have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//Forum55/HTML/000127.html

WANT TO POST YOUR WEEKLY WEIGHT LOSS INFO and BE COUNTED in our weekly totals of pounds lost?? Go to the WEEKLY WEIGH IN BOARD BELOW to post your stats!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//Forum55/HTML/000128.html

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit REPLY NOT POST then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. Also, when the board gets to the 2nd & 3rd page, sometimes it may take a little longer for your message to appear, you can refresh your browser, or wait, but it will show up! If you need to edit your reply, just click on the pen and paper icon on top of your reply and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME!
Old 02-19-2001, 12:52 PM   #2  

Hi everyone! I haven't been on in the last couple of days. I have been out of control the last couple of days. I WILL BE BACK on track tomorrow. My uncle called me Saturday to let my mother and I know that my grandmother died. Rather than saying much I tend to eat my feelings away.

Anyway, tomorrow is a new day and I will do better. Thanks for being here.

Cheri
278/276/145
Indianapolis, IN

My AOL Instant Messenger name is ShryStreet
Old 02-19-2001, 06:24 PM   #3  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Good Monday Morning Everyone!

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!!!

Nothing exciting to talk about on my end, still sick, that's about as exciting as I have been for the past week.

TODAY IS MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY and here's my contribution:

ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT

In an instant your attitude can change, when you decide to change it. It requires no money, no technical skill or knowledge, no preparation, no physical strength. You don't need anyone else's consent or assistance. It is free and easy and quickly accomplished.
When your attitude is holding you back, when it is making you miserable, when it is working against your efforts, change it. Just change it. Realize that a positive perspective will add value to any situation, and it costs you nothing. In fact, it pays to be positive. You can then clearly see opportunity, and you can see how to capitalize on it. You'll engender the support, respect and admiration of others. You'll be getting things done rather than worrying about how things are.

Your attitude is one of the most powerful tools available to you. You can control and direct it, and it can change the world for you. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain by being positive right now, no matter what is going on. Take a moment to inject yourself with a winning attitude. It will steadily lead you to a winning reality.

-- Ralph Marston

CHERI, our condolences to you and your family during this time. I'm sure you'll be back on track soon enough

IAMAP, sorry you won't be able to join us again. If there is any way you could change your schedule, let us know.

PLEASE MARK YOUR CALENDAR FOR THURSDAY NIGHT AT 9:30PM EST for the weekly scheduled chat. I know it's not condusive for everyone to be there, but for those of you who can, please try to come and chat!!!

I'll check in with you all later, I'm going back to bed

Have a great week!!!!

Debbie
194/135/129
Miami, FL

[This message has been edited by Debelli (edited 02-19-2001).]
Old 02-19-2001, 07:16 PM   #4  

Good Morning everyone! Well I have today off because it is President's Day! Back to work tomorrow. It will be good for me I'm sure.

CHERI~ My prayers are with you and your family. I know exactly what you are going through. God Bless You~

I went to Anderson's yesterday and they carry 70% Chocolate. Not bad! I won't keep too much of it around. I figure I'll only need it once a month or so. They do carry the sweet potato chips. I didn't purchase them too expensive. Maybe at a later time.

Well DH and I have some shopping to do so I'll check in later.

Happy Monday to everyone..

Cathy in Ohio
Old 02-19-2001, 07:17 PM   #5  

Good Morning Wonderful Losers!!!

I'm wide awake on a holiday, at 5 a.m. YUCK!! Deb told me to go back to bed, and I just might do that.

I tried a new recipe yesterday, for Rice Flour Cookies. YUMMY! I'm going to post it today. It makes 24 cookies, with 49 calories each.

Off to try to find some motivation to share.

------------------
Healthy Hugs,
Connie
251.5/240.5/150
Janesville CA (an itty bitty town 80 miles NW of Reno NV)
Old 02-19-2001, 07:50 PM   #6  

Good morning all...
So glad to have a day off! Hubby has the day off also

I had a hellish day yesterday...although if I put it in perspective, it wasn't so bad. It involved too much driving and bickering. ANYWAY..i was forced to eat white bread. We were supposed to stop and eat but my aunt insisted we eat at her house when we got there. She had beef noodle soup with carrots!!! (I just ate the broth), Sloppy Joes (which I don't like), and pizza made with one of those premade crusts. I had to have a slice b/c I was STARVING!!!! This contributed to my pissy mood. I put it all behind me and I'm feeling a bit better today.

The AOL instant message program is pretty cool. I'll have to limit myself or I'll be chatting the night away!!

Cathy and Cheri...so sorry to hear of the death of your respective grandparents. I know its difficult. On one hand you know they have lived a long life and if they were sick you don't want them to suffer but on the other hand it breaks your heart. It gets better with time, but life is never quite the same.

DEB...still sick?? It can't last much longer. Hope you feel better soon. At least you were able to enjoy the family get together. Those cholesterol numbers sound good! I should have mine checked but I don't really want to know as it was high about five years ago....I will make an appointment though. Esp. since I've been doing SB.

JOY....what a wonderful idea! I used to have the Master Cook program. THat is a great way to figure out the nutrional info. Thanks for volunteering! How's that wrist feeling?

MELF...are you feeling any better? On days when I feel depressed and sorry for myself I usually just let myself wallow in it for awhile...that's part of life!! I know things will turn around soon. Just like I know the sun comes up no matter what!!

ELLIE...how did you weekend go with Coleman's birthday and the guests?? Since I had my near cookie breakdown, I am afraid to bake anything! I have to get the carob chips so I can try your cookies.

QUILTER...hiya! Did you tell your DH how much we had in common??!! I put you on my AOL list. Has your friend gotten anymore news regarding her cancer? It will be a long journey but research shows that ppl with a positive attitude and good support system do better. Easier said (the attitude part) than done. Cancer used to equal death, but it is NOT like that anymore, thank goodness. It still stinks. Give your friend lots of hugs

amseraphim...going off the wagon is bound to happen..we're human. Doesn't it feel good to get back to SB though? I think I might start carrying emergency legal food with me when I go somewhere so I'm not forced to eat something I shouldn't. I'm going crazy!

gloryb...nice to see you again!

To anyone I missed...hello hello hello. I'm off to get on the treadmill. BBL

Ashley

------------------
Poconos, PA
Fitday Journal
http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=overcome
Old 02-19-2001, 08:08 PM   #7  
***ORANGE CHICK***

DEB WAIT!!!! This is gross, but I have to ask...unless your mucus is another color except clear, the antibiotics WON'T HELP....

MORNING EVERYONE,

ANOTHER MONDAY>>>>>ANOTHER FOUR DAYS UNTIL THE WEEKEND!!!! Can't wait...

Everyone have a good day, I'll converse after I get home.
Old 02-19-2001, 08:38 PM   #8  
viv

Happy &*(^%-in Monday everyone!

I am not in a good mood! I know 5 people who are in tropical climates, but I am here, having to take the kids to hockey and deal with the cold. DH can never get off February break - he is in television and February is the most important rating period of the year, so no one is cut loose. I hate that!

Also - girly question here...Anyone who is taking BCP - do you ever have breakthrough bleeding? I'm on week 3 of my pack and have never had this before, spotting yesterday, today and cramping? :confused: That's never happened before, and I wonder if it is impacting...

MY WEIGHT!! It seems to be up a pound or two. I have been soooo gooooood except that Friday Sweet Potato Chip binge (gues they're off the list....). Or would that have shown up now? Help! Someone make me feel better - I've been doing so well and the scale has been going DOWN - this AM it was up and I don't do well with that...

HELP!

Sorry, not your typical cheery Viv today...

I kept up with ALL the posts over the weekend but just can't get the time TO post....

But...

Cheri and Cathy - I am so sorry about your grandparents. I never knew my Dad's (Holocaust), and my mom's died when I was just 12. So you are so fortunate to have known them when you are adults. I am sure you both appreciated them so much....

Debbie - Carob is totally Okay? Also, tried to look in food info boards, etc., re: agave nectar, which I found. I was trying to figure out the conversion when subsitituting for honey? Can ya point me in the right direction please! Wow - 135! That is awesome. It's interesting watching your weight go down, down down down....hopefully I'm right behind ya!

Ashley - It was nice chattin' with ya last nite. I have to be careful with IM too, as I went to bed WAY too late and am paying for it now!

Everyone else - I am so grateful for this wonderful support. Hope to cheer up a bit...just don't know how long it will take!

Viv
146/??/128
Simsbury, CT
Old 02-19-2001, 08:52 PM   #9  
viv

Ashley and I discussed this last nite, we both leaned towards the same conclusion but I need it sanctioned please...

Which types of bagel are legal? Pumpernickel and rye? Whole grain (isn';t there sugar in those?). These with a bit of cream cheese are such a great on the run breakfast, would really help me out in Disney!

Let me know and thanks!

Viv
Old 02-19-2001, 09:56 PM   #10  
viv

Sorry - I had to add this. I found this via the Sweet Talk boards and thought it was kinda interesting - letters from Leighton Steward to Michael MOntignac -something different, if you all haen't already discovered it....
http://www.ericahouse.com/montignac/bustind.html

Viv
Old 02-20-2001, 12:34 AM   #11  

Good Morning Ladies

This is a new day, and today i'm determind to get back on my time schedule. I really feel that if I go by a later time schedule for eating that I won't get the craving that I've been experienceing:O Hope this helps.

Deb: I'm so sorry to hear that your still feeling ill. But on the other hand it is exciting to hear that your down to 135. Wow girl. and that's the hard way. but please get well soon. We all you

Cathy,&Cheri, I so very sorry for your loss. I do know what your going through and have been in the same spot. I'll keep you in my prayers this is a hard time for you and your families. take care and God Bless.

Orange: How you doing girl I alway love hearing from you. I love reading your post there always so full of whats going on. I wish i could be that interesting. some time we'll have to have a chat put me on your buddy list and if you ever see me on im me.

Overcome: I love the way you tell it like it is. Boy you really get right to the point and man I think that we all get ticked now and then and it's great to be able to express it and have a great support group that understands.

Joy: the cook book sounds like a great idea, you really are a busy lady.

Well It's getting sunny here today so I need to get busy outside. were expecting rain tomorrow so I need to get busy before that happens. Love to all Glory
Old 02-20-2001, 05:10 AM   #12  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

Evening,
Just a short note to Cathy...AIM won't let me add your name. It says there are invalid characters?

BOB
SW FLA
Old 02-20-2001, 05:38 AM   #13  

I had the same problem with Cathy's AIM name.

------------------
Healthy Hugs,
Connie
251.5/240.5/150
Old 02-20-2001, 05:51 AM   #14  

Thanks for all the input on my cookbook idea! It will take some time, but I hope to be able to get it together. It will be very simple, but have our favorite recipes. I'm going to go through all the recipe boards, and try some of them, and if there are any that anyone wants in the book in particular, just let me know which board it's on.

Deb... I did get back to sleep this a.m., for 3 hours. I also called my doctor .... did you??? LOL!

Regarding my wrist.... yesterday I noticed that my thumb and index finger had gone to sleep. And they didn't wake up. I called the ER, and they told me to either come in or wait till my doctor was available. Figured I'd save the ER fee (podunk ER). So I called my doctor and left a message on his answering machine. He called me back a couple hours later, and told me to take the splint off (there goes a pound or two), and loosen the bandages, and give it 24 hours. I haven't noticed much difference, but I'll give it some more time!!!! It does hurt more without the splint support, but it will be nice to wash my hair!!!!

Still haven't posted that Rice Cookie Recipe.... but I will.... we made gravy with brown rice flour today..... DON'T.... tasted okay, just had a gritty texture.... and the dog didn't like it.

Off to finish a game of Scrabble.

------------------
Healthy Hugs,
Connie
251.5/240.5/150
Old 02-20-2001, 07:18 AM   #15  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

EVENING AGAIN

SO, WHERE IS EVERY BUDDY??? When the SUPER CHICK is down for the "cluck", everyone is supposed to come out and play!!

I just made the most delicious green beans!!
Had them with a grilled pork chop and baked sweet potato! YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

I'm getting ready to recline...good show on tonight...BOSTON PUBLIC...100 CENTRE STREET,
I could go on and on...Looks like everyone is already reclined anyway...

OH..by the way...DEB, in response to your suggestion to go to FRESH MARKET...YOU KNOW HOW DIFFICULT IT IS FOR ME TO keep MYSELF from BUYING THEIR PIMENTO CHEESE!!! YUMMMMMMM
BUT, my Mother has now told me that I have to pick some up for her, so I'll have to put a padlock on my cooler bag!!!! They do have some GREAT SOURDOUGH BREAD too...oh ****, everything they have is GOOD!!!

QUILTER: I heard today that TRADER JOE'S is checking out the Columbus area...isn't that about two hours away from you? OH MY GAWD!!!
KROGERS AND TRADER JOE'S....

NITE NITE

------------------
I'M NOT FAT....JUST FLUFFY! DON'T JUDGE ME TILL YOU'VE WALKED A MILE IN MY SHOES!!!!

[This message has been edited by THE BIG ORANGE BABE (edited 02-19-2001).]

[This message has been edited by THE BIG ORANGE BABE (edited 02-19-2001).]
Closed Thread