Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2001, 05:17 PM   #1  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

This is the SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIP
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-THURSDAY RECIPE DAY
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FITNESS

Please visit our NEWLY UPDATED BIO BOARD where you can learn more about everyone who is on this board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//Forum55/HTML/000082.html

Please make sure you post your BIO on the NEWEST VERSION of our BIO BOARD everyone!!!!

Our FEBRUARY 2001 RECIPE BOARD can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//Forum55/HTML/000107.html

We have FOUR NEW INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//Forum55/HTML/000053.html

THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//Forum55/HTML/000054.html

THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//Forum55/HTML/000055.html

MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//Forum55/HTML/000078.html

We also now have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//Forum55/HTML/000106.html

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit REPLY NOT POST then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. Also, when the board gets to the 2nd & 3rd page, sometimes it may take a little longer for your message to appear, you can refresh your browser, or wait, but it will show up! If you need to edit your reply, just click on the pen and paper icon on top of your reply and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME!
Old 01-29-2001, 05:20 PM   #2  

GOOD MONDAY MORNING EVERYONE!

It's a new week and almost the end of the month! Where does the time go so quickly???

Today is MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY and here's my contribution:

Little Choices, Big Results

If presented with the choice, would you choose to be healthy, wealthy, secure in your relationships, happy and fulfilled, or would you choose a life filled with illness, poverty and despair? That's an easy decision. Anyone would choose the first alternative without even thinking about it.

In fact, you do have that choice. It isn't usually presented to you in such a momentous way, and it never comes as a single choice. Rather, the quality and direction of your life depend upon the many, many choices you make, moment after moment, day after day, which build on one another to fashion the reality of your world.

The little choices you make, the ones that seem not to matter much, soon add up to produce big results. They directly affect the life you live. Over the course of every day, you're presented with an overwhelming number of choices. As you make these choices, keep yourself clearly focused on where you want your life to go. Make the appropriate choices, one by one, day after day, and you will be headed powerfully in the direction of your own choosing.

-- Ralph Marston

Gotta go get ready to take Michael to school then come back and get my morning walk in. I'll check in with you all later.

Have a wonderful SB Monday and a great week!

Debbie
194/too early to WI/129
Old 01-29-2001, 06:59 PM   #3  

Morning!!!!! Still been busy and nothing earth shattering has happened in my life sooo i havn't been boring you!!!!! LOL
The SuperBowl was excited(i thought!) We went to a little get together before the game-mostly drank coffee but had to try one of the little treats I MADE!!! I just can't say NO! There was another treat there that was SB legal you all have probably seen this she too triscuts covered with salsa and then melted shredded cheddar and some other white cheese with sliced black olives over it! It was Yummy!!! kinda like mock nachos! I ate the real nachos last night when will i learn!!! They where the baked type (trying to be good even weighed out a portion!) I ended up with a tummy ache!!! When will i learn!! I do love Paul Newman Salas!!!!! and his light dressings check them out! Enough about food!
Motivation Monday-When i first started this journey to healthy living I got on the internet and went to weight loss web pages. To see others before and after pictures and see their loss helped me alot-if they could do it i can!!!! I still look at different ones now and then!!! Now i want to make a site! LOL I think this can help me to keep the weight off-I won't want to let others down!! LOL ONe site i found recently is www.leanandstrong.com/ls.html if you go to transfer librarays and click on transform gallery you can see some people who have had alot of sucess with weights! I was excited to see it because i am starting to lift some light weights today!!!! Yeah! I can't wait! LOL
Deb-congrats on the 139!! you know your body its all down for now right!! I wish i had you will power you sound like you had a great week end.
Melf-I am sure you will hit that size 12 and then you will say hey I can do this! You will be a 10! Its funny what a number can do to your head!! I guess we should just make little goals and not worry about numbers!! LOL NOT! I can't get Ezicals bread for less than 3 bucks here lucky you!
Frog-Don't ya hate when your stuff gets to big! I love some of my pants and they are getting huge!!!! Its a love hate thing i think!! We all know that scale is not the only way to measure our weight loss!! I have a pair of Kakis that i am debating if i should put them in the dryer, but i don't think that will shrink them enough!!! I am thinking summer here myself! New clothes!! Maybe we should start a clothes exchange! LOL
Also sometimes we can use those times when people don't notice our weight loss to our advantage! That has happened to me before! (after losing 50 lbs!! someone said "you've lost weight! DER!!!!) When people don't notice i think its because they wish it was them or in my case i think they think that i am going to gain it back anyway why compliment her! LOL anyway you didn't sound to upset about it!!!! Keep it up next time you see her you'll be down more maybe she will notice! LOL
CMD-hope the heats fixed!
Gotta goooooo weight time! wish me luck!!1
Old 01-29-2001, 07:16 PM   #4  

Good Morning everyone. I ran into Debi on another board and she invited me here. She said you were a great supportive group of women. I love this way of eating and feel best when I am 100% on this plan. Don't we all. I lost 25 pounds eating this way and would like to lose another 25 to 40. We will see how it all goes. I do watch my calories to some degree....most days. I find I still need to do that but I am 43 and the old metabolism just isn't what it used to be.

i live in Minnesota and we are expecting 8 inches of snow before tomorrow ends. I have a treadmill I use in the winter for exercise. But I love to walk outside.

I have some easy recipes that I have modified for this way of eating and will try to post some of them soon.

------------------
Hope you don't find the pounds I've lost.
Old 01-29-2001, 07:44 PM   #5  

Good morning!

First of all.... welcome to the newbies!! You'll find a happy, healthy haven here. Good support group,and good friends.

I've posted the weekly total for weigh ins.... lookin' good!!!

Yesterday I went into town (12 miles one way) to buy a space heater for the bathroom. I ended up buying two because our house is kinda big (2000 sq ft) and it was VERY COLD! When I walked in the house, the first thing I noticed was WARMTH!!! While I was gone the heater guy had come. $125 for 10 minutes of work. A valve needed replacing. I didn't care about the money. I figured I'd spend more than that on the electricity for the space heaters.

I'm running behind this morning. I have to train a new employee today so I'm a bit apprehensive. When I asked the supervisor if she had computer skills, he said, "SOME" I hope she's bright, and easy to get along with.....

Have a wonderful, healthy day!

Connie
Old 01-29-2001, 10:10 PM   #6  

Well, I am back on here. Back on track, back on Sugar Busters. I hate to say it, but I fell off the wagon quite a few times, mainly due to laziness and not feeling well. But that is not an excuse... but it was mine.

I spoke to my husband yesterday and we agreed that we will start again with SB and make sure we stick to it as much as we can. Good. I hate feeling the way I do and all because I was so lazy and wanted 'convenience food'. Yuck.

Anyway, I am back on track, had some coffee this morning with yucky sweet'n'low. I needed some caffeine though because I was about to fall asleep at my desk! Bad, bad, bad

So, today for lunch I will have a turkey sandwich on Whole Wheat Bread. For dinner I am not sure.

Deb: I love the idea about making a site where you can read which foods you can buy in the store, that would make it sooo much easier for me too. Also, I would love it if people would say 'where' they got it. i.e. Wal-Mart, Cub Foods or whatever else... that makes it a little easier to find... just like Uncle Sam cereal.

Anyway, I am back and hope I can hang in there until my body adjusts again.
Old 01-30-2001, 01:57 AM   #7  

GOOD AFTERNOON ALL

Unexeciting day down here, ran errands-you'd think my house would be spotless with all this free time I have - NOT!

Got my 4.5 miles in today, despite some weird pain in my food. It's exactly where I broke it about 15 years ago.

I am logging my foods on the FITDAY.COM site today. I have really come to realize I desperately need to start taking a multi-vitamin! There is an area on the site that you click on called REPORTS, then on that page, you see the NUTRIENT REQUIREMENTS and you click on that. This shows you what the RDA is for nutrients and how many you've taken in by entering what you've eaten for the day - let me tell you, I NEED HELP! I am lacking in just about everything. The only thing I've met so far is NIACIN.

RHROO, your days sounds as exciting as mine! The triscuit thingies sound good, though I'm sorry to hear you got sick from the nachos. Next time, why not try making your own with some WW tortillas. I checked out that site, some good pics of people who've taken control of their bodies. Looks like most are doing BFL. Did you see the 9 week picture of this women named VAL, what a difference!

DONNA, WELCOME TO THE BOARD!! I'm sure you will feel right at home on here, all the gals are wonderful!! So true about feeling good and being on plan 100%. I too keep track of my caloric intake, I think it definitely helps. Minnesota, home of that wonderful Mall of the Americas! Would you believe, I went there once, just to go shopping! When I lose all my weight I plan on hitting the mall in Edmonton!!!! Again, welcome to the board

JOY, glad to hear your heater is working again, darn that you have to go back and return the heaters though. Hopefully, I'll be able to post on the WIW board this week, didn't want to screw up totals last week.

CATSRULE, glad to see you back on the board, and back on track. When you are having a hard time, just get on the board-I really believe the more you are on here the more you are apt to stay on track. Thanks for your input on the new board.

RIZZI posted this, though it got onto the wrong board. Wanted to get it over here. Here is her post:

Rizzi
Chick-let posted 01-29-2001 02:06 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is my first Motitvational Monday with you all, thanks to Deb I am extremely lucky to have so many people sharing their insights. I am going full speed a head with SB and I thank you all for your motivation. Here is a quote from Dahli Lama:
"Share your knowledge. It's a way to achieve immortality."
Thanks for sharing!
Rizzi

RIZZI, I see you too are from Florida - where?? We have a lot of gals (me included) on this board from the Sunshine State

Well, BIGORANGE, GATORGAL & I are looking forward to our Saturday meeting this weekend. I'll be sure to take pictures!!! Of course, not being able to post for over 24 hours is going to be a killer! Eli and I are planning on having dinner in Marco Island at one of our fav. restaurants as an early Valentines Day dinner

I'll check in with you all later - Michael just got home with the good news he got all "A's" on his mid-terms - that makes a Mother proud

Debbie
194/139.5/129

Old 01-30-2001, 03:47 AM   #8  

Hi All

I'm happy to be a part of the SB. I'm doing pretty good so far! Just started on the plan on saturday. Any hints would be helpful )

Wish you all luck!
Old 01-30-2001, 06:23 AM   #9  

Oh this can't be true!!! I came home from a hard day in prison, only to find that no one had posted....... what's up with that????

Hellooooooooooooooo!!!

I need you!!!!

Hugs,
Connie
Old 01-30-2001, 06:29 AM   #10  

Motivational Monday Evening:

Here are my contributions to the cause. They are quotes from George Sheehan, a wise man who was a very quotable runner.

A quote that I hope will motivate those who are not exercising to get up and move their body's:
"Most people live nowhere near their limits. They settle for an accelerated aging, an early and precipitous fall. They give aging a bad name."

For those of us who need a shot in the arm:
"There will never be a day when we won't need dedication, discipline, energy and the feeling that we can change things for the better."

I ran 3 miles with hubby and our fur child this morning. Had a bit of a stressful day at work and was glad to have the calm and peace that comes after a morning run to help keep me grounded.

Deb - I loved the quote of 'Little Choices, Big Results' that is what SB is all about and certainly the best way to change a bad habit to a good one. DId you have a pain in your food or your foot? Where is the pain? On the underside? Pleas be careful not to over-do it with a sore paw! Hooray for Michael and his excellent mid-term grades. You must be sooo proud!

Cathy H - We are all hear to support one another. Tell us a little about yourself and what you beleive your needs to be and I bet you will get lots of assistance from the folks here. Welcome to our SB board!

Rhroo - thanks for the tip on the lean and strong site. Plan to check it out later. You are right about baggy pants being a good way to show a loss! I plan to take the pants that I really care about to have them altered, as I too have tried the "shrink" method and it's not working. How can anyone not notice a 50# loss?

Donna 125 - Welcome to the Cool SB Board! We love newbies and want to help and want to hear your thoughts. You live in one of my favorite states. I have visited Minnesota on 3 occasions and have found Minnesotans to be among the friendliest people in the nation! I love cold weather but have never been able to visit there in the winter! It's great that you've lost 25 #s already. We are similar in that I've lost almost 20 and want to lose another 40. Welcome!

CMD - glad your heater is repaired. Nothing like heating and air conditioning to work like it's supposed to!

Catsrule - I encourage you to look at my motivational quote regarding discipline as a possible source of inspiration. Glad that you have your hubby to participate with you in this WOE. Mine does a little so-so and via eating what I prepare. If you like to have your coffee sweetened, like I do, I suggest that you try the Splenda packets. They aren't bitter like the pink stuff and don't leave an after taste like the blue can. Welcome Back!

Is there anyone else who is a Survivor Nut? I guess that's all for now. Tired after an early morning and a stressful day.

Peace,
Frog

------------------
190/170.5/130
(19.5 down, 40.5 to go)
"Unleash Your Feet!"

[This message has been edited by Frog Lover (edited 01-29-2001).]
Old 01-30-2001, 06:55 AM   #11  

Hi, newbie to this board. Just ordered Sugar Busters today and bid on Sugar Bust on ebay.

My question is that I have noticed that people do eat sweet potatoes on this WOE. Why is that. I thought they would be as bad as white potatoes. I really like sweet potatoes, though rarely eat them. How much can you have? I think I read you could have a half of cup and they should be boiled, not baked?

I have so many questions about this way of eating and can't wait for my books to come. Thanks for any advice you can give me.

Debi (I put my bio on the bio page)

[This message has been edited by ebabe1955 (edited 01-29-2001).]

Old 01-30-2001, 07:40 AM   #12  

Hi Everyone

Here is my moitvational thought for the day:

" The secret of success resides in your daily routine."

Today, I was thrown out of my routine and had a Whopper Jr. w/cheese and mozzarella sticks! I couldn't believe I did that! It has been 13 months since I ate something so bad for me So my key here is that as much as you can stay in a routine the better. And when you fall off the wagon (like I did) get right back into the normal routine!

Hi to all the newbies. I usually try to respond to as many people as I can but the last couple of weeks have been brutal for me at work. Tomorrow I have a BIG meeting that I am responsible for and everyone from our Regional office and throughout the state will be there. So I have to run but know I am thinking about everyone.

Deb: Thanks for starting the walking board. Our power went out on top of everything else and I couldn't get on the computer this morning...boy my hair looked awful all day without a blow dryer! It's back on now thank goodness.

222/139/140

Old 01-30-2001, 07:45 AM   #13  
Little Engine That Could

RIZZI--What town do you live in? We Fla gals want to know if you are close to us.

Well, I lost 3/4 lb. last week. I was very happy about that. I hope I will keep up an average of a lb. a week.

Catsrule--Welcome back. Actually, I love your handle. I have 2 cats one who is very independent and lets up pet her sometime. The other is a big baby and meows to come in and get petted. He meows if we don't sit down so he can jump on our lap and pet him the instant he wants it. A pitiful baby!
Hope you have success now that you've hopped on the SB bandwagon again.

Old 01-30-2001, 07:54 AM   #14  

hi all!
tried to be sooo good today and a buddy brought over pizza. will try again tomorrow. this is hard work, but i KNOW i've got to JUST DO IT!
so...here is my quote for all of us that sneaked a nibble during the super bowl:
"Tis a lesson you should heed:
Try, try, try again.
If at first you don't succeed,
Try, try, try again.”
--W.E. Hickson, Try and Try again

Deb…I love the motivational messages you post! Who is Ralph Marston? He is very wise!
I need to go plan some lunch for tomorrow. Ya’ll have a fabulous week! I’m not as busy this week so I hope I can keep up with you all better…it helps keep me going in the right direction!

Grace

[This message has been edited by missgrace (edited 01-29-2001).]
Old 01-30-2001, 08:08 AM   #15  

Oh...Beachfan, i am loving the green tea! is there any special kind or brand i should use?
thanks! Grace
Closed Thread