Old 07-16-2014, 12:18 PM   #286  

Quick question Where do you get those cool scales?
FatCat123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 01:25 PM   #287  

S/C/G: 272/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

179.4 today hoping to stay in the 170's this time
lotsakids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 03:57 PM   #288  
Getting my life back

S/C/G: 192.2/ticker/120

Height: 5'

xRiotGirl I'm glad I wasn't the only one that felt that way. It really felt like "Ima let you finish, but Beyonce had the best single of all time!" moment.

BAH! I'm over it. I did day 2 of the Shred, and my legs hurt like ****. Need more stretching.

Frances123
Noice to see you as well. You can post in both threads. We certainly wouldn't mind! I personally, while I do enjoy chatting with everyone, want to move through the threads... I feel like it's a motivation thing. To catch up with my friends, and to spur them on as well. Like a party once you all get there!

lotsakids I have no idea what your insurance issue is like, but the tests I had run on my issues (started with horrid acid reflux) were "free" to me. My insurance covered it 100%. They ran a lot of test. The medication they gave me was a $5 co-pay. I just have to wait for the new insurance to kick in for the next tests. I would check with your insurance provider to see, it's amazing what they cover and don't. And... I wouldn't mess with the gall bladder, can be dangerous. I hope you do better.

Congrats on the drop! I hope it sticks as well!

FatCat123 Hey there! I've gained weight from starting exercise before, it usually drops off after a few days. (And I mean DROPS). A couple of questions so I can see if I can help you.

1) What diet are you doing? (Calorie counting, Atkins, IP, Paleo, etc?)
2) What's your water intake like.
3) Can you tell me how many calories you intake a day?
4) How are you tracking your food?
5) By "cheat" do you mean once a week you eat a heft binge meal? Or do you mean that you take one little bite of chocolate on a rare occasion?

Technically, you can lose weight without exercise. It's basically calories in, calories out. As long as you are consuming less calories than you burn, you will lose weight. Exercise, WOE, support groups, therapy, apps are all just tools to make it easier, and healthier (both mental and physical). I personally exercise for stress and health. I would advise to not over do it and burn yourself out. Also, if you skip a day of exercise, don't beat yourself up. Same with diet, one day of cheating doesn't mean it's over. Never give up!

Also, the tickers in our signatures are added in the "userCP" section. I do believe you need 20 posts and be a member for 20 days, in order to have one. (It's to avoid people that are spamming from adding links to their sigs).

Anyway, some links for your ticker issue:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/anno...questions.html
http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/
kurisitaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 11:55 PM   #289  
Getting my life back

Ugh, I went overboard with honey, pb and an english muffin. I'll have to work it off and be extra careful tomorrow.

I've been craving sweets lately, I think I'll head to the store tomorrow to buy some cantaloupe, that's sweet, right? Maybe some dark chocolate, a little bit won't hurt.
Old 07-17-2014, 12:19 AM   #290  

S/C/G: 217.6/153.2/140

Height: 5'5

A small NSV today...So, I finally caved and bought new work clothes. I was trying to hold out because I'm not really into throwing my money away, but after weeks of hiking my pants up every 60 seconds, it was just time.

People were laying the compliments on today! I felt awesome! Plus, I looked dang good. I really didn't realize I had become so much smaller. Anyway, that's all! It made me happy.
xRiotGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 07:27 AM   #291  

xRiotGirl - love it!! new clothes have that butterfly effect and I'm glad you got to feel the love )

Kuristaru - Im feeling a lot better, if it acts up again I will go to the doctor

180 straight up today, oh well. Dinner was cauliflower crust pizza so a bit more sodium than I needed, but oh so good.
Old 07-18-2014, 02:05 PM   #292  
Getting my life back

xRiotGirl YAY for shopping. I have no long legged pants at the moment, because they have all gotten torn thighs (My thighs rub and wear out pants like no one's business), or the butts got a whole in them. I have 2 skirts that fit me and one pair of shorts. Other than that it's work out clothes... lots...

I haven't gone shopping, because shopping sucks when you're fat. Last time I tried, I literally had a girl forcefully let me know that their store WOULD NOT have anything in my size. Other stores all ignored me like I was the plague and treated the thin girls fine and dandy. I walked into an H&M store and when the clerk greeted me like a human and mentioned their sale, I almost cried. I wanted to hug her and thank her for noticing me... again though, nothing in my size. I refuse to shop at Wall Mart as well, so the places someone my size can shop are a bit pricey and I don't want to buy a pair of jeans for $70 only to not fit them in hopefully a few months. So I'm not shopping until I can fit a size 14. I'm determined... -.-

Of course, I may need to give in at some point.... but I am avoiding it.
Old 07-18-2014, 03:52 PM   #293  

179.0 today and a 5 mile walk outside.
Old 07-18-2014, 03:57 PM   #294  

S/C/G: 220/182/159

Height: 5'3"

Default Ohh! Ohhh! Pick me!

I need this to be a part of this conversation! Went from 220 down to 175, then up again over 180. 182 today. I NEEEEEED to get back below 180. Eventually hope to be 159! Just south of 160! I've got this!
NoXcuses4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 05:11 PM   #295  
"Evolution Required"

S/C/G: 250/Ticker/150

Height: 5'8

Hey Ladies!

My first post here, so excited!! I weighed in at 187 today, and I am counting down to 75lbs lost--12lbs left . Proud of myself! Most of you probably don't know me, but I know most of you . I always stalk the thread below the one I am in, so I have been reading a lot of posts from more than a few of you for months. So yeah, feels like I already know you guys! Happy to be a part of such a great group !!!!
MarliQQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 05:27 PM   #296  

S/C/G: 217.6/153.2/140

Height: 5'5

kurisitaru - That's basically when I replaced mine, now that I'm in a 14. But I still plan to lose another 40 pounds or so within the next year, so it was still really hard knowing that I'm going to be replacing them, again. -.- People suggest thrift shops but...I just like buying new clothes..lol

lotsakids - Sounds great! Keep it up!

NoXcuses4Me - You got this. Bumps are bumps, we all hit them. I think it's okay to gain a little weight here and there -- natural, even. We're in this thing for a lifetime, so the way I see it is as long as you lose it eventually, and don't gain it and keep it, it's okay! You're gonna lose it again.

MarliQQ - Welcomeeeee! I'm sure the lurking helps to motivate, too! 75 pounds, that is one AMAZING milestone. I know you aren't there quite yet, but I still want to congratulate you!!

Welp, the other day I just had to have pizza. It was like 3AM, I was laying in bed trying to fall asleep, and all I could think about was gooey melty pizza. So...I ordered one. And ate three slices (the triangles, not the squares!) And then for breakfast, I had another. And THEN for lunch I had McDonald's and THEN (!!!) I ate dinner out. And now I miss being able to feel good about my diet by the end of the day 'cause right now I feel so out of whack. I mean, it's only like 2 days, but still. I'm about to go spend the weekend in the city with my sister which means I won't be in full control of my meals like normal-- I'm just going to have to try and sway towards the healthy! But also, staying over by her always feels like a vacation, which always makes me want to take a 'diet' break. So I am also going to have to fight myself. Wish me luck.
xRiotGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 08:45 PM   #297  
On my way to -70

S/C/G: 202/192/132lbs

Height: 5'4''

Hello ladies! Still hanging in there... My eating has been crazy but I refuse to say that I have fallen off the wagon (even if that is exactly what my wacky eating this week was). I don't fall off the wagon. The wagon is always there, it's my life, I might become derailed eating awfully like I did this week, but I never lose sight of what's good for me and of what I should be doing. I won't quit getting back on track and I won't quit trying.

This week was just a crazy hiccup. And tomorrow (thank goodness) the... ahem... "visits" are finally over.

And next week my bro will be coming over! I don't know when though, it's a surprise.

That excites me to no end! It's always fun to look forward to visits but when you live so far from the people you grew up with, it becomes magical. They bring a bit of what you always knew as home with them. The presents (hehe!), the smell in their clothes, the way they speak, the heavy accent, the facial expressions... it takes you back to something so deep and so dear! I can't wait to see him.

Also he eats little, and he's aware of my efforts to have a healthy lifestyle so it will be 100% up to me to get back on track while he visits, with the occasional exceptions to celebrate his visit from Argentina.

I am so, so excited! I can't barely contain myself!

Last edited by Paulitens; 07-18-2014 at 08:50 PM.
Paulitens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 09:43 AM   #298  

Height: 5'7"

Don't be too hard on yourself, XRiotGirl! We've all been there. The important thing is that you stopped and you're back on track now! Good luck on your upcoming trip!

Paulitens - Hooray for a happy visit!

I've got a trip of my own coming up - a 4-day trip away to celebrate our anniversary. Prime opportunity for unhealthy behavior, so I'm packing this trip full of city walks, nature hikes, and ocean swimming. Fingers crossed for a fun trip WITH a loss after!
Frances123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 12:05 PM   #299  
On my way to -70

S/C/G: 202/192/132lbs

Height: 5'4''

Thank you, Frances! Seriously... I SO needed this happy visit after the month and a half of an imposed visit.

I can't wait to go grocery shopping and buy healthy foods again, and not have to cook whatever we can afford for 8 people (yeah, it's only 6 but they both eat dinner for two).

I was 176. something this morning... but things will go down to normal in the following weeks.

Last edited by Paulitens; 07-19-2014 at 12:06 PM.
Paulitens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 02:32 PM   #300  
"Evolution Required"

S/C/G: 250/Ticker/150

Height: 5'8

xRiotGirl Pizza is one of my guilty pleasures, and it probably always will, so I understand . So here is some for the weekend.

Paulitens If you had my brother over it would be like the visitors never left . My brother comes to see me only when he is hungry and he raids the fridge like a 6'4 bear. Sometimes he is just called over to eat the excess leftovers.
MarliQQ is offline   Reply With Quote