Old 06-17-2014, 10:21 AM   #166  
Deal Witch

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/160

Height: 5'2"

Paulitens - woo freaking hoo! That is amazing, congrats on keeping the girls while you are losing, too. I was thinking the NSV was going to be that you put those sales girls out of their misery LMAO. Maybe you need to check out a different store next time? You've graduated from Lane Bryant!! I heard Soma has some really nice bras - better than Victoria's Secret. They are expensive but, like you said, good support is worth the extra $$. But if you still do Lane Bryant in the future, we always have coupons for online shopping there at my work. http://www.fatwallet.com/Lane-Bryant-coupons/

OMG that slideshow!!! You look amazing. It is so great to see your progress lined out like that isn't it?? You have come so far. It looks like the same thing happened to you, that happened to me - I was so happy when my chest was bigger than my tummy LOL.

Scarlet - I love bra shopping now! Your trip is coming up, nice! I hope you guys have a great time.

Paulitens - I'm glad you are feeling better! Yay for being back to your five miles!

Well, I'm kinda sucking it up. I am 186 this morning. . That's up from 182.4 on Friday. WTF? Well, I know WTF - my husband made beef jerky (my daughter requested THAT for a graduation present LOL - what can I say, he makes good jerky and she loves it!). It's VERY salty and I ate a bunch of it on Saturday and Sunday. I don't think the salt would cause that much weight gain though, so I think it may be some vacation pounds that are catching up with me. I don't know why but they have to go. I readjusted my calorie budget to 1300 and I am drinking a ton of water today. It's a new day.

The wedding is in 6 days, and I'm a little ashamed that I haven't made my goal for that. I need to dump this water (if that is what it is!) so I don't feel bloated then.

Last edited by Llilith; 06-17-2014 at 10:24 AM.
Llilith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 11:45 AM   #167  
On my way to -70

S/C/G: 202/192/132lbs

Height: 5'4''

Lilith - Beef jerky is the best and the worst into one food. It's so good but, hello water retention! When I went out of whack upon finding out I was pregnant, I felt like having jerky and boy did I pay dearly for it! I gained two lbs that week. One went away really fast because it was water, but still.

Thank you for the nice words ladies! I feel great, and I feel that this is just a sneak peak of better things to come! I do wish my boobs got smaller, though. LOL. People (men) think that because you have big boobs they have the right to look at them.

I was 169.6 again this morning; I always bounce back to last week's weight on Tuesdays. Crazy.
Paulitens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 11:51 AM   #168  
Deal Witch

Paulitens - if they are looking too close, just turn real fast and knock em out with them LOLOLOL
Old 06-17-2014, 12:30 PM   #169  
Getting my life back

S/C/G: 192.2/ticker/120

Height: 5'

Hello Ladies! I just escaped the 190s thread! I'm hoping I have a short stay in this thread, but certainly long enough to get to know everyone!
kurisitaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 11:11 PM   #170  

S/C/G: 272/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

this day is almost over and I just got in here, been getting an error message all day. I was 182.4 this morning, I expect it will bump up a little but it was a nice number! Our power was out all morning because of thunder storms, and more coming in tonight. Had to walk on the treadmill today, 5 miles.
lotsakids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 11:13 PM   #171  
On my way to -70

Lilith -- no kidding! LOL

Welcome to our humble thread, Kurisitaru! You can stay all you want. I'm in the 160s and I'm not leaving until my ladies leave. I just like hanging out with them here.

Lotsakids -- you're so close to the 170s!!! Congratulations!!

Today my FIL wanted to treat us to pizza for dinner and although I never say no to pizza (especially now that all I seem to crave are carbs), I went with a Caesar salad. I'm very proud of myself.

Last edited by Paulitens; 06-17-2014 at 11:14 PM.
Old 06-17-2014, 11:35 PM   #172  
Getting my life back

I'm a treadmill person as well. I'm doing the C25K and I seem to do better on the treadmill because I can do it indoors with AC/fan, I can set a speed and keep it, I can blast music (ear buds or headset seems to wiggle free when I run) and I don't feel like people are watching and/or judging me. I just go to my little room and can run. It's nice. So far, I go 1-2 miles. I'm on week 2 for the C25K, I'm happy I'm doing it.
Old 06-18-2014, 01:26 PM   #173  
Deal Witch

Hi Kurisitaru - welcome!! That's so cool you can do that long on the treadmill. Great exercise!

lotsakids - wow nice, 182.4 - go YOU! :-)

Paulitens - that's crazy cool willpower! Good for you!!

So, I was right about the salt from the jerky - I'm down 3 pounds from yesterday - so it must have been water. 183 on the dot today.

My weight loss buddy at work and I are really struggling lately with staying on track. So, yesterday we decided we'd email each other our food logs every day for a week or so. It really helped me already. I was a little over at the end of the day - and something about knowing I'd have to be super accountable made me work extra hard. I got out the stationary bike and worked off the over calories. Win!! I also resisted a second portion at dinner, because it was top of mind that someone would be looking at my progress in the morning.

My daughter's wedding is in 4 days! I really want to be under 180 again.

Last edited by Llilith; 06-18-2014 at 01:26 PM.
Old 06-18-2014, 03:42 PM   #174  
Getting my life back

Lilith: Weight loss buddies are always good. It does help you be more accountable. My Fiance is helpful because he's great when I'm doing good, so supportive, and when I want to cheat, I think of how he'll be sad for me. He's lost a lot of weight himself (and currently can't lose more do to a medical issue, but will hopefully be able to exercise again soon). Good luck getting under 180 for the wedding! 4 days, but you can do it!

I ran yesterday again, and I did great! It's starting to be less painfull and I actually am starting to WANT to run. Like, I get excited about it. I use to be freaked out or just would picture the pain of it, now I'm like "I want to go for a run, I need a break from studying."

I'm also studying for CPA exams (4 really tough exams for accounting, think "bar" for lawyers = CPA for accountants). It's rough, pass rates are low, and I'm starting to stress. I'm glad I started running, as I honestly think it's helping. I've also been going to Starbucks to study, (less distracting) and been ordering Green tea with NOTHING in it! BOOM! I use to feel I needed a latte (particularly the white chocolate with peppermint) when I was stressed and so far, only green tea or iced coffee. It feels good, and made me realize this is totally doable on the long term.
Old 06-18-2014, 06:07 PM   #175  

yeah, I knew it wouldn't stay LOL! This morning 185. Why? Who knows but I did 5 miles of Leslie Sansone today. Hoping to get outside for my walk again, it is a peaceful quiet time for me.

Llilith - you can do it.

Kurisitar - welcome to the 180's

Paulitens aww shucks you are so nice to wait for us.
Old 06-19-2014, 11:22 AM   #176  
Deal Witch

kurisitaru - Wow you have a lot going on - it's cool that you can get through stress now without extra calories!! That's a big accomplishment. And, wanting to run? YAY! I don't run but I feel that way about may daily exercise routine too. Sometimes my body just says "hey, it's time to MOVE". That never used to happen to me.

lotsakids - what is Leslie Sansone? Maybe it's water from muscle you are building with all that walking! Thanks for the encouragement - I'm giving it a good try!

Paulitens - yeah, I'm glad you are hanging around. I like our little group. :-)

So, 182 today - more water is leaving YAY! I was putting up pics from my daughter's college graduation last weekend and saw the ones from my youngest daughter's HS graduation last year. WOW, the contrast is stunning from last year to this.

The first pic below is June 2013, the second one is June 2014:
Old 06-19-2014, 02:03 PM   #177  

Lilith: Wow Wow Wow, what a difference! Love it! Leslie Sansone does the walk at home dvd's you can find some of the walks online. Saves me when it is too whatever to go walking outside. I spent the winter here doing either doing a Leslie dvd or walking on the treadmill.

Kurisitaru: good for you running on the treadmill, mine is wonky and shuts off if I push it past 3.8 mph and to have it that high I have to have the elevation set to 7 or 8. As a new treadmill is NOT in the budget I have to baby mine Its great that you have a fitness partner too. I have a face book page of my friends and we all post what we've done for the day. Its a little less anonymous than 3FC but very motivating.

Today I am at 183.4 so headed back down I hope!
Old 06-19-2014, 02:22 PM   #178  
Deal Witch

lotsakids - Thanks! I never knew such a thing existed as walk at home dvd - very cool. I'm gonna check them out.
Old 06-19-2014, 02:23 PM   #179  
On my way to -70

Lilith you look amazing! And you're beautiful.

Lotsakids -- of course I'll wait for y'all! I love hanging out with you!

Yesterday my eating was all over the place so I stopped counting. It went from Caesar salad-eating, to a berry sundae, a few sips of Sprite, to two donuts and cookies. Yes. Bad. I had craved donuts for a long time so I thought "Eh, since I already spoiled my calorie budget with that sundae, might as well make this my splurge day and then go back to normal tomorrow." And today I'm back to the saddle, and the damage was only 2 more ounces than yesterday (169.8).
Old 06-19-2014, 02:26 PM   #180  
Deal Witch

Paulitens - thanks very much :-) I'm jealous of your donuts - I LOVE me some donuts! Good for you getting back on track. Remember the days when one screwed up day would mean you stopped the plan altogether (I sure do! - glad I'm past that and you are too, if you ever did it.)