Old 06-20-2014, 11:43 AM   #181  
On my way to -70

S/C/G: 202/192/132lbs

Height: 5'4''

Don't be jealous of my donuts. I was up yet 4 more ounces, bouncing back to the 170s. Yesterday I had a pretty good day food-wise and physical activity-wise, but my daughters woke up in the middle of the night, and then I couldn't go back to sleep because my stomach felt really empty; I decided to get up and snack a bit to make the pain go away. It did, and eventually I fell back asleep, but that middle of the night snack made my weight go up this morning because I didn't give my body a proper break from food.

I'm not giving up, but I'm feeling very disappointed in myself for not trying hard enough to stay on track. I'll keep trying today.

Last edited by Paulitens; 06-20-2014 at 11:45 AM.
Paulitens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 11:47 AM   #182  
Deal Witch

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/160

Height: 5'2"

Paulitens - Don't be too hard on yourself! You need a few extra calories now anyway! You've done really well and you are continuing to do well even with the bambino on board now. :-)

I'm 181 today - that water weight is coming off YAY! Wedding is in two days!
Llilith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 01:33 PM   #183  
Getting my life back

S/C/G: 192.2/ticker/120

Height: 5'

Llilith You look so different in those pictures! Amazing, truly! It's also a great accomplishment that your daughter graduated college! I just graduated last month from mine! WHEW! Feels great!

lotsakids Treadmill sounds like a serious pain. I'm glad mine isn't so bad, it's actually great. I can plug my iphone in and run the "C25K" app along with music and I'll blast the music while I run. I hate running outdoors, during the day it is far too Hot, and at night is too scary, I just hear horror stories in the Denver area, no thank you. I can't imagine if my treadmill stopped going fast, would really suck.

Paulitens At least you'll get back on track, like what Lilith said. I remember so many time when I screwed up the diet by eating 1 cookie or something, then deciding "I'll just start tomorrow, better enjoy today!" And then eat EVERYTHING, then the next day, same story. Or "I'll start Monday... I'll start... on the 1st" etc. Now, we screw up, we accept that, and try harder THAT day that moment.

I gained a lb and was back at 190 yesterday morning. I was really down about it, but I remembered why I'm doing this and that eating right and exercising makes me feel better. So I told myself that the lb was nothing, maybe food or water weight. I weighed myself this morning and back to 188.6! Loss! It was clearly water weight or a food baby of some sort. Hurrah! I'm glad I didn't let me get down too much. Before when I would lose weight, I would lose 5lbs or more, then gain, and then fall apart, especially if the gain stuck around or no drop happened. I'm not doing that again! I can't do it anymore, even if I don't lose, at least I won't get bigger.
kurisitaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 01:11 AM   #184  

S/C/G: 227/Ticker/130

Height: 5'1

hi Everyone! Can I join? I've been stuck in the 185-190 range the last month and I am SO annoyed and frustrated. Name is Cal!
Calbeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 11:41 AM   #185  
Deal Witch

Kuri - congrats on your graduation and for not letting the one pound gain derail you. For me, that's what is different this time - staying on track even amidst the challenges.

Calbeslim - welcome! I hear you about being a little stuck. I've lost the same five pounds for about two months now. Keep going! It will come off - and you can hang with us while it does ��

I'm 180.6 today - so close to the 179 I want for the wedding tomorrow. Yay for getting rid of that water weight. No more jerky for me for awhile!

Yesterday I tried on my dress with the shaper I plan to where and I was really happy. I didn't feel critical at all, just thought "wow, you look kickas$!" That's new for me. I'm excited for the wedding and not feeling bad about my appearance at all. In the past this kind of event would come up and I'd be beating myself up cause I'd never lost the weight I promised myself I would.

This month markes one year since I've been on this healthy journey! I guess that qualifies as a lifestyle change even ��

82 pounds lost = 328 sticks of butter! Woohoo. Maybe you guys want to post up how much you've lost so far and we can find how much we've lost in comparable weight. Maybe we've lost a small elephant altogether haha.

Last edited by Llilith; 06-21-2014 at 11:52 AM.
Old 06-21-2014, 12:11 PM   #186  
Getting my life back

Calbeslim Of course you can join! Welcome to the group, I just joined a few days ago. Hopefully no one will be stuck here too long!

Llilith: I've only list 4 lbs so far, but I also started (for maybe the millionth time) about 2 weeks ago. 4lbs in 2 weeks, pretty awesome.

How much does an approximate wedding cost? I just got engaged about a week ago and we decided to get married in August or September of 2015. I have a large family, he has a decent sized family + our friends = about 75 people. I can afford a decent sized wedding, but I'm just curious about approximate prices so I can start setting a realistic budget. The venue I absolutely love (a Winery / Vineyard that my fiance and I went to together about a year ago) is available for weddings and I LOVE the idea of getting married at a winery or vineyard. Of course, I'm not set on anything. The only thing for certain is it will be next year, in the fall, in Denver (Or right outside of Denver), approximately 75 people, and we won't be married in a church. What prices can I expect? I am shopping around for venue's so I can reserve one ASAP and not have to stress about that at all. Most require a deposit. I'm just curious from anyone else's experience, if anyone has darling ideas, ideas on how to save money. I'm not against making my own place settings, crafting is fun, and saving money for the honey moon is even more fun!

We're planning on a Honey moon in Greece. ^0^ I'm very excited about that! Also, best thing, if I lose 1lb per week on average, by the time of my wedding I could be only 10lbs away from goal! I could probably kill those ten lbs (and any wedding and Greece Gain) by New Years of 2016!
Old 06-21-2014, 03:16 PM   #187  

Lilith, Oh my god!!!! 82 lbs?? Congratulations!!! That is magnificent and thanks for amplifying it even more with those sticks of butter ! craziness.

So far have Lost 41 lbs!

Kurisitaru hello! yes! I hope we get out of here.

And congrats for getting engaged ahhh! I'd love to hear about this too, I'm not engaged or married (yet! bf and I have been talking about it but not now maybe 4-5 years haha) so I have no input, but would love to hear about it! Kuri, do share with us as the planning goes on I love to hear about it.

GREECE IS A FANTASTIC HONEYMOON PLACE!! Funny cause I totally want a destination wedding and Greece is it. Honeymoon would be fantastic for you!
Old 06-22-2014, 11:49 AM   #188  
On my way to -70

Lilith -- I know I shouldn't be too hard on myself, but I'm only 11 weeks pregnant; my baby's an inch long, I don't really HAVE to put on weight yet. I must do that in the next two trimesters. I'm really frustrated that the "visits" have influenced our eating habits so much. The other day they went out and left my family and I alone for the evening; I made us our good ol' dinners (different for each member of the family; I know it sounds crazy but it's what fits our dietary needs and that's SO out the window when my MIL volunteers to cook one meal to suit everyone... which doesn't, really). Anyway... I'm feeling a bit down in the whole diet department, and I'm not feeling pretty. I just feel stagnant and frustrated. This morning the scale was between 169.8-170.0 even after I had two great days yesterday and the day before. I'm not looking forward to tomorrow's weight in.

I liked the 80 lbs of butter! LOL. I looked for 40 lbs of bread or something (since bread is my big downfall) but I couldn't find any decent picture.

Kurisitaru -- congratulations on your engagement! I'm sorry I have no idea about wedding costs; I got married a while ago and not here in the States. Greece sounds wonderful! We have been wishing to go to Greece for our 10th anniversary since forever. That would be next year and I highly doubt it will happen but we keep on dreaming!
Old 06-22-2014, 05:17 PM   #189  
Getting my life back

Paulitens Awe! I didn't know you were pregnant! That's so darling! Congrats. It must be even more hard to lose weight when you're pregnant. You should feel beautiful, even if you gain weight, you should feel it. You've lost 40 which is awesome, and you're about to have a baby!

Calbeslim 41lbs is awesome. I just started 16 days ago (according to MFP) so I have a while to match that. Almost a year if I do it right! Congrats! You may have to tell your Boyfriend what you want if you're tired of talking, if your in no rush, then no worries. I pretty much did the proposal with my Fiance. In fact... I kind of proposed 3x. He almost died of a heart virus earlier this year, so when he was all drugged up and I was all emotional, I asked him if he wanted to get married. He was drugged up and was like "Yeah... yeah... marriage... we should... HEY! Don't ask me that when I can't think!" Which was cute. I didn't ask again until he went back to the ICU a month later and was back in critical. I told him again I wanted to marry him, that he had to live and then spend the rest of his life with me, he didn't respond. After he was released for a while, we went to walk our dog and I brought it up again, told him about how he never answered when I asked if he wanted to get married, and he told me he didn't think I was serious. So I said "Do I need to get down on one knee or something?" He just laughed and kept walking. Then FINALLY a week after that, he took me to a mystery dinner party and when we got home, he told me I was beautiful, wonderful, and that he did want to marry me. YAY! Finally!

I'll certainly let everyone know about prices. I don't have a ring yet as my Fiance knows me far too well and thought I would want to pick out the ring I would wear for the rest of my life. All he knew was white gold and the main stone couldn't be a diamond (as I'm not a fan). Looks like I'll be getting a sapphire with diamond trillions on the side on white gold! Very lovely. Will take 6-8 weeks. I went for smaller gems as I wanted to save more money for Greece! May have to make the wedding smaller as well, really want the Greece to happen!
Old 06-22-2014, 05:42 PM   #190  

omg Kurisitaru, that is so heart felt! I am glad it worked out.Is he better now? may you two live long happy lives together! how long have you two been together? And who is doing most of the planning? You and him? Or mostly you?

As for the ring you guys going ring shopping? i totally know what you mean though, my bf got me a promise ring but only after we both went shopping for it because we both have the same particular taste. So we both had to agree on it haha. For your ring 6-8 weeks to get it made? EEE thisis so exciting love listneing to this. I say if GReece is a definite must the wedding has to be small which is fine. Close friends and family. Then go to Greece. Then if you want have a bigger just dinner reception for the rest after.
Old 06-22-2014, 07:38 PM   #191  
Getting my life back

He is better. They're aren't 100% What's wrong with him. We started dating 2 years ago (when we met). 6 months after we started dating, he started having weird health issues. The doctors can't seem to figure out what is going on. He's doing better now though, but it seems like things happen at random, he'll be fine for months, then suddenly we're at the ER or ICU. The doctors have him more stable this time, and are confident they have a better idea. I want him to live a looooong time, and it seems like it should be ok.

We went ring shopping! It's getting made, takes them a while, apparently I'm picky and didn't want any of the rings they had, finally I found a mesh of rings I liked. So, we go it designed. Very exciting. Of course, I'll probably do most the planning. Steve is really "I could care less, whatever makes you happy" kind of guy. Which can be a tad annoying. He tells me if I need him to do something, to tell him. So, I told him to start filling out paper work for passports. XD

A promise ring is sweet! 5 years? You should tell him you want to be engaged! That would be sweet, we could bounce wedding ideas back and forth!
Old 06-23-2014, 12:07 AM   #192  
On my way to -70

Kurisitaru -- It's crazy, because with my second baby I felt stunning throughout. I was almost at my highest weight (in the 190s), when I got pregnant and I didn't gain much weight so I felt amazing. With this one I have my good days and my bad days. Today I felt ugly even though I received many compliments at church. I'm not showing and I haven't announced it publicly to friends so people just assume I'm not pregnant and I'm looking good. But today I didn't feel it.

Tomorrow's weight in is going to be miserable but hopefully this week I'll get back on track. I'll start by going back to omelettes for breakfast instead of whole wheat pancakes.
Old 06-23-2014, 11:03 AM   #193  
On my way to -70

Well, in today's weight in I found out I was pretty much what I expected: up a pound. So this week I'm 169.6.

And eliminated the whole wheat pancake I have in the morning, replaced it for a two-egg sweet omelette and a whole wheat toast (less carbs than the pancake), with peanut butter and sugar free jelly. I'll stick to my healthy eating this week and hope to see a change.

Old 06-23-2014, 12:20 PM   #194  
Deal Witch

kuri - wedding costs can vary so much, depends on how casual or fancy and how many guests. My daughter had about 80 guests and a buffet dinner with the ceremony and the reception at the same venue was about $5000. But it really depends on what you want and how you want it to be. Greece sounds like an awesome honeymoon place!! My husband and I did a very small wedding, so we'd have more to spend for our honeymoon in Hawaii. I think it was a great choice. :-)

Paulitens - I love bread too dammit! Don't be too hard on yourself. I'd focus on being healthy and feeling good if I were you. You are conscious of not overdoing it which is a really good thing - and you will do just fine. Really, just worry about being healthy and getting exercise - the rest will fall into place. It's a whole different ballgame when you are creating life LOL.

So… my daughter is MARRIED! The wedding was so wonderful. I will post some pictures when the photographer has them ready. :-) I felt so great walking her down the aisle feeling healthy and beautiful.

I didn't weight myself on the day of the wedding, cause I didn't want any negative thoughts. I was 180.6 on Saturday though, so 179 may have been true on Sunday. LOL. .

I also didn't weight myself today, since I had quite a bit of wine and I know I'm retaining some water. We'll see what the scale says tomorrow. I figure I deserved that wedding cake too. But I danced a lot. That's good exercise and it felt great! My ex husband was there and it was pretty great to be 80 pounds lighter. He copped a little feel during family photos @@ jerk. But whatever - sucks to be him. His new wife is 6 years younger than me but she has some really hard miles if you know what I mean - she looks at least five years older. That's mean - but I can't resist gloating a little. The photographer agreed with me when I joked that I'd 'upgraded' with my now hubby haha.
Old 06-23-2014, 01:14 PM   #195  
On my way to -70

Lilith -- Congratulations on becoming the mother of the bride!! Is this your first child getting married? Share pictures with us!! I bet you all looked stunning!

About the weight situation... consciously I know that what you're telling me is the right thing to do, I'm just having a hard time keeping things healthy. I mean, when those cravings hit all my "conscious healthy eating" is out the window! LOL All my splurges last week were crazy unhealthy and it's my fault. I think last night I had this ah-ha moment in which I realized that cravings are all psychological, and that being pregnant does not change that fact, and being pregnant does not change the fact that I, my mind, has control over it like it has in the past months before I got pregnant. You know what I mean? Our minds are powerful little things. I have done a great job in the past controlling my cravings and my crazy appetites, but for some reason I thought I'd be excused just because I was pregnant and started to slowly give in to unhealthy foods. Well, no, I'm not. I'm not excused. Maybe once in a while in my third trimester but not quite yet. So here I am, making these little realizations and hoping that they'll stick and that my mind continues to have conscious control over my cravings.

Last edited by Paulitens; 06-23-2014 at 01:15 PM.