Old 06-23-2014, 04:11 PM   #196  

S/C/G: 217.6/153.2/140

Height: 5'5

Oh gosh, I've missed a lot. I check in here once I hit the 180's and then my personal life swallowed me whole, so I haven't really been back with any updates OR been here to see your updates! Well, my latest weigh in put me at 185, halfway out! And then I took a 4 day vacation. I'll be weighing in sometime in the next few days, not sure how soon I want to take that plunge, and then I'll have the result of how much I've gained back hehe.

Hope everyone is having a nice start to their summer!
xRiotGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 08:06 PM   #197  

S/C/G: 272/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

It seems like forever since I last posted. My computer is having issues or my internet is so I keep getting failure to connect issues. Then I get frustrated and stop trying LOL. Today i weighed in at 181.0- I didn't believe it (and it was after my walk cuz I had to get out early before the rain could stop me) so it was probably a little lower than it should have been. Surprising since yesterday was Sunday and Sunday is always hard. I will try to post over the next couple of weeks but I can't guarantee anything. We are leaving this week for Florida to do our bible quiz competition and usually wifi is not included in the hotel (it is a nice resort so nothing is free )

Welcome Cal!!

Llilith - I can't wait to see the wedding pictures! Congrats!

Xriotgirl - yeah sometime life does get right in the way doesn't it?
lotsakids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 11:41 PM   #198  
apple to apple core

S/C/G: 275/215/175

Height: 5'7"

Hello everyone! I've been away from the board for a while, but I have had a regain so I'm back I am back over 200 lbs., so I won't be in this group, but I wanted to stop by and say hi to some wonderful ladies that were my threadmates a few months ago you know who y'all are! You all look awesome and WELL DONE on your continued weight loss!! I enjoyed reading all the updates and everyone looks super in the new photos. The slippery slope is indeed real, unfortunately, lol, but other than going off the rails diet-wise, life has been happy, I have no complaints. My main motivation to arrest my weight gain is that I am in size 16 pants and XL shirts, and the next stop is the Women's Plus Size department. I was so thrilled to leave that department behind, I'm not eager to go back. See you around the boards and best of luck
TooWicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 12:19 PM   #199  

TooWicky!! You should stay here, or at least check in here. This is the best group to be in.

I got a tease this morning, scale said 178.8 - I knew it wasnt right so I moved the scale a bit and got 181.2. Still a good number for me.
Old 06-24-2014, 02:34 PM   #200  
On my way to -70

S/C/G: 202/192/132lbs

Height: 5'4''

Today I was down two ounces; I was 169.4. Getting back on track feels AWESOME. I hope to be 168 again next week.
Paulitens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 05:12 PM   #201  

S/C/G: 227/Ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Hello! Riotgirl I am at 185 too and have been for a month it's been so frustrating Idl how to get out. I am taking a 6 day vacation hahaha. I need a break from work.

Kuri, Haha! We are waiting 4-5 more years for various reasons, one our career, two making more moneyyy we live in Manhattan not great buying a house or raising kids here and three, we talk a lot about it, and we want to but there's no rush. Eithr way I'll still bounce wedding ideas off of you so I can create my wedding planner book for when my time comes haha!

Hello everyone else!! I have to read the new replies, wrote this two days ago!
Calbeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 12:25 PM   #202  
On my way to -70

Down four more ounces. I was 169.0 this morning, even though I did not get to work out yesterday. On the up-side, though, I had a huge NSV yesterday when my DH brought pizza home not realizing that it would put me in a foul mood. He apologized profusely for his mistake. Again, mishaps like these don't happen when it's just the four of us without "visits."
Old 06-25-2014, 01:06 PM   #203  

179.0 today, it won't stay I'm sure but it sure was good to see it! Packing today, I'm going to see a bunch of people that I have not seen in a year. Should be fun Actually this coming week is the most stressful one of the year for me but once the quizzing is done its fun and I can relax.
Old 06-25-2014, 02:19 PM   #204  
Deal Witch

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/160

Height: 5'2"

Hi Everyone!

I am 183 today - up and down again. But I drank a bit at the wedding and now I have a cold so I've been feeling a little extra munchy. I always get extra hungry when I have a cold, not sure why.

TooWicky - sit down right here with us!! Don't you go anywhere. I'm so glad to see you - and I'm proud of you for reeling the gain in before it got out of hand. You GOT THIS!

Here are some pics from the wedding!! I was so happy to feel pretty during the event and to see the pictures after and not be ashamed of myself. It's an amazing feeling!

Llilith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 02:48 PM   #205  
Getting my life back

S/C/G: 192.2/ticker/120

Height: 5'

Paulitens. I had a friend that got pregnant and she gained weight in her face mostly at first. (She was always fairly thin). She didn't look pregnant, just looked like she was putting on weight. So she bought a lot of cheap shirts that said things like "Baby on board" or "Does this baby make me look fat?" People in class were suddenly like ... wait you're pregnant? She said it helped her self esteem.
Good for you though, sticking it out and eating healthy this week.

Llilith Ugh... you're ex husband copped a feel? And he's married, and you're married? That seems so wrong, like... you'd want to slap him wrong. I'm glad you lost weight and looked great for him, but how dare he touch you inappropriately. It seems like an "ownership" thing when men do that. Then again... I've dealt with far too many sick men to be able to laugh off something like that. There are plenty of good men out there, but ones that "Cop a feel" are NOT good men. I'm glad he's an ex and I'm glad you upgraded! Congrats to your daughter. you look GREAT in those pictures. Clearly you are very happy.

I have a family that would kill if they weren't all invited, so I'm guessing 70 people at mine. I really love this vineyard... but we'll see about the costs. I think I'm going to check budgets first, how much parents are willing to drop into the bucket how much my fiance and I are willing to drop into the bucket and go from there. I think I'll start with prices of Greece, then what's left over, I'll see about the wedding. XD

I'm trying really hard to lose weight and it's hard. My fiance is into buying all this good food I can't eat, like ice cream. My sister is living with us right now as she can't find a place to live (she's been here for a while) and she's depressed. So, she's been buying cookies, and chips, and ALWAYS wants to go out to eat. When I say "I'm not going out, I'm on a diet...." she gets pouty and just says things like "I just... want to go out, I'm soooo depressed. I feel like I can't go to your home." Which makes me feel guilty, but I CAN'T give in to that, I want to lose weight. So I just offer to cook her something. I can't exactly hang out either, since I'm studying for CPA exams which I'm behind on! I told her and my fiance I need to do this, my Fiance gets it, but my sister seems a little too self involved to realize that this is something that matters to me. I also am sick of cooking for everyone when I need to study, then the dishes get left there and I'm like... "F-you people. I cook, then I have to clean then I have to study?!" My fiance is currently having some health issues, but when he is able he always does the laundry, he does his share of dishes, and he attempted to mow the lawn but then the poor guy got so dizzy he got sick and I kicked him off that chore until he's doing better. My sister... I have to beg for help and all I want to shout is "YOU LIVE HERE FOR FREE, and you can't do dishes? Or clean? Like... COME ON!" She just falls back on depression, and wanting to kill her self. Maybe I'm a tad bit of an enabler and I certainly understand why she's depressed. My fiance and I have done nothing but try to be helpful. I've given her rides to look at apartments, I've given her rides to and from work if there is a bus issue. I've held her money in a savings for deposit, pet deposit +1 month of rent (as she has a spending issue and is, for some reason, scared of getting her own savings account). My fiance is nothing but kind and has allowed her to move in her cat, which has been the most destructive thing. I just want her to find her own place soon. Then I can visit her and not put up with her. I do get depression is hard (been there) and I know this is selfish, but I don't have time to deal with her depression, not when I've dealt with it and fed it for so long. I've gotten to the point where I just started telling her how I feel. IF she complains about money, I'll tell her she chose to work retail, if she wants to get a cert or degree, I'll help her with financial aid, if she wants to stick in retail, then she will NEVER have a lot of money. She's making that choice. If she complains about weight, I'll remind her that I've repeatedly told her she's free to use my work out area and treadmill. That I always cook (and sometimes Steve will) healthy meals that's she is more than welcome to eat from. That we have so many healthy snacks, and that she is choosing to eat Cheetos and pies. Every complaint she has had I've heard, I have solutions, she doesn't want them, she wants to be babied and I'm done doing that.

I did not mean to vent that long about it.

Last edited by kurisitaru; 06-25-2014 at 02:52 PM.
kurisitaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 03:57 PM   #206  
On my way to -70

Lotsakids -- Look at you! Even if you don't stay in the 170s sneak peaks are great! Congratulations!!

Lilith -- you do look amazing and you should love your daughter's wedding pictures! Your daughter is stunning, too; her gown is beautiful.

Kurisitaru -- That sort of happened to me when I was pregnant with my first baby. After working so hard during the school year and not having time to visit anyone, my husband took me around to visit some of his good old friends in the summer. We had to hint to one of his friends several times that I was pregnant because she didn't notice, and she even said "I didn't say anything because I thought you were just fat!" (nice first impression, huh?).

I am sorry to hear about your sister and how difficult it is to live with her, Kurisitaru. Those are major curve balls that make our dieting a lot harder. I'm kind of on the same boat with my in-laws living in our place temporarily and having ZERO healthy eating habits. It's seriously gotten to the point where I have to hide my healthy food so the slob of my FIL won't eat it, and politely refuse to eat my MIL's dinners hoping she won't get offended and think I'm being stuck up. It's still hard, though, to say no to a nice homemade cheeseburger, or to the homemade chocolate chip cookies she bakes with my oldest daughter. The thing is, I could make our kind of healthy dinners for them too, but I know that they wouldn't satisfy them, so I let my MIL cook every other day or so. It is a struggle to live with people who have their own issues, or don't support your lifestyle. It's a struggle to live with people who don't normally belong in our household. You have your routines with your fiance, you do things in a certain way, and a third party just throws that routine out of whack. I wish I had some words of wisdom to share with you, but I don't really have any other than I know how it feels, and it sucks. Just hang in there.

Last edited by Paulitens; 06-25-2014 at 03:58 PM.
Old 06-25-2014, 07:47 PM   #207  
Getting my life back

S/C/G: 192.2/ticker/120

Height: 5'

I totally understand the living situation. Have you told your in laws that you are trying to lose weight? That helped me when I told Steve I wanted to. He's been nice about it and encouraging, as well as, when he does cook, he'll make sure to either separate the bad ingredients (like cheese) or tell me the calories before I dig in. If you tell them that you want to be healthy for the baby, and for you, then maybe they would understand? If you have or if it isn't working, white lies? "Ugh... burgers make me nauseous right now, I think I'll have some fruit instead." Sure it's lying, but it's avoiding conflict and it's an easy out, it's also a lie that won't hurt anyone. If you aren't comfortable with that, then count the days until they leave?! I wish I could help more.
I told my sister, and while she plays the "I'm so depressed card" a lot, at least she doesn't push it too much. I've told her I could help with therapy or mentioned free group meetings, she seems to want to be depressed. I know she'll be better once she finds a place to live. I'm just hoping it's soon.
kurisitaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 07:55 PM   #208  

S/C/G: 187/187/150

Height: 5'2

I'm just starting out on this forum. I can't wait to be in the 170s club!!!
pink95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 10:08 PM   #209  
On my way to -70

Welcome to 3FatChicks, pink 95! You'll love it here.

Kurisitaru -- Oh, they know. They can't stop talking about how impressed they are with my weight loss, yet they do little/nothing to support it unless we're on top of them asking them not to buy junk, to buy fruit, to put away any "fun" foods they buy, etc. I'm basically just counting the days till they leave. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the free babysitting and other things they've done around the house (like my MIL is a master gardener and has fixed our backyards, or my FIL has fixed my bike). I appreciate those little things a lot but not having the house to myself and not being in control of my eating routines 100% really bugs me. So I'm trying to develop my patience and just wait. And pick and choose what to eat from what my MIL cooks.
Old 06-26-2014, 03:29 PM   #210  
~Shannon

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in

I can't remember when I last posted but I've been trucking through the 180s at a nice speed. My goal for June is to reach 181.8 and I am a pound over today so we shall see.....
Shannonsnail is offline   Reply With Quote