Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2013, 08:35 AM   #151  

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9

Good morning!

I got up at 6 to go for my run/walk drills before it got to hot and pretty much stumbled out without weighing so no scale news today. tomorrow I am sure I will see an awful sodium bounce...

Last night we ended up eating out a Dennys :s I did better than I would have in the past, had I stuck to my veggie burger and fruit I would have been right at calories, but we gave into an appetizer as well so I was 800 over Still within maintenance though so thats not too too bad.

Sad thing is the food really wasn't great, not worth the calories or the money honestly. That'll teach me to cheat at a place that is only mediocre.

Since I didn't go horrible over hopefully some of my exercise the last few days and next few days will easily cover it so it won't do too much harm.
Old 08-11-2013, 08:46 AM   #152  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Good Morning all!

Pixikat... It sound like you did good tho just ordering the Veggieburger and fruit.. and someone musta wanted the appetizer and I swear our "EGO's" say.. oh I can have alittle??! silly little voice in our heads!... But yes with your exercising.... you got it covered Good for you!

slimjem! Sounds like you are getting everything organized and are on a mission! yeah!!!

I still have pain and inflamation on my upper left shoulder area and now have an inflamed bone? in my upper right throat area... Its really weird... its like the bone double in size (That tip of the bone in your throat area)..so back to Ibuprofen so the pain will ease and hopefully the swelling.. so gonna pack on the water weight again.. oh well.. its not calories and so that eases my mind and does not frustrate me .......

I wish you all a Glorious Day! Lots of laughter and smiles!!
Old 08-11-2013, 10:49 AM   #153  

your bone is swollen?? thats odd, never heard of a bone being swollen. If you have insurance I'd recommend seeing a doctor if possible, could be something else.
Old 08-11-2013, 11:29 AM   #154  
Sue finding inner song

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnkrckpixikat View Post
your bone is swollen?? thats odd, never heard of a bone being swollen. If you have insurance I'd recommend seeing a doctor if possible, could be something else.
Thank you Pixikat.... I had just started a new job in April and finally my insurance starts 8/15 (small company I work for)... On Friday if it is still swollen (and hurts) I am going to call and get an appointment or see someone at a clinic... It just happened last night - where it swelled up... I wonder if I have a virus and its moving around (started in my upper back and now to the front) Just weird as I feel well otherwise LOL Thank you for your concern I appreciate it very much!

Last edited by wannaskipandlaugh; 08-11-2013 at 11:30 AM.
Old 08-11-2013, 05:18 PM   #155  
apple to apple core

S/C/G: 275/215/175

Height: 5'7"

Hi guys!

I appear to be hovering in the very high 230s, but I'm not ready to move to the new thread yet

I went "over" my target daily calories yesterday by a little yesterday... first time since I started counting, ack! I had a collision between my diet and social etiquette. What happened was, late yesterday afternoon my husband said we were invited to go look at a new house build of a friend of his. What I wasn't informed of was that when we got there, we were expected to be dinner guests - the only dinner guests. It was pretty casual. Our mutual children all played together and they had ordered pizza (lawd.) The hard part was that the wife and I chatted it up while she spent about 20 minutes finely chopping up a bunch of ingredients for a homemade dip (lawd again) that was served with some delicious but calorie laden pita crisp things (oh lawd I give up.) I felt like it would have offended her if I didn't eat the dip after she spent so long preparing it!! I ended up having water, the smallest slice of cheese pizza I could find, 6 pita crips, and about 2 tablespoons of dip. I was eating blind, amg! I feel silly making a big drama out of it, but you all are the only people I can tell, lol. I'm so grateful for 3FC. When I got home I figured out all of the calories after the fact. It was not a total disaster. I ended up maybe 100-200 calories over. I swear I'm going to start packing celery in a cooler when we socialize. Or a bag of baked chips.

Slimjem , congratulations on your 2 lbs drop, that is awesome!!

pnkrckpixikat , great job on surviving Denny's, lol, I would have done MUCH worse, believe me. You showed a lot of restraint, appetizer or not. My weaknesses there are fries and gravy to dip them in, plus any form/version of a patty melt. You are so right though; if I am going to go over, I want it to be for some truly delicious food. I have to say the homemade dip I ate last night was stupendous. I found the recipe online, and I will be making it myself, soon.

Llilith , ikr I need to get with the program with mah phone apps and stuff. I have a problem though. I am just at that age where I need reading glasses to comfortably spend a lot of time reading stuff on my phone. I don't wear glasses all the time though; it's a pain to sort of hunt down reading glasses all over the house. I prob just need to break down and get some stylish glasses for real. I have a love/hate relationship with my phone for that reason, lol.
Old 08-11-2013, 08:38 PM   #156  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooWicky View Post
plus any form/version of a patty melt.
omg that is what I used to ALWAYS get when I was little. My mom would take us to Dennys for dinner and late night studying, I would always get a patty melt, shake, and seasoned fries lol They stopped 'officially' making the patty melt. But often if you ask for it they can make it on sourdough since they don't have rye... believe me it was sooo tempting to order that lol
Old 08-12-2013, 08:31 AM   #157  
Sue finding inner song

Good Morning and Happy Monday all....

I wish my swelling and pain would go away! I am thinking positively that it will!.. It has too.... I don't have time to be not well only Healthy! yep!!!

So where is Punkrocksong? Where are you? Did you get into the 230's already? Hope you are doing well have enjoying your day!
Old 08-12-2013, 10:07 AM   #158  

Up a little more, hopefully lots of water today will flush it all off :s

Hope you all have a great day!
Old 08-12-2013, 11:07 AM   #159  
Deal Witch

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/160

Height: 5'2"

Thanks for the booze responses. I know the calories DO count, but I wonder if most people count them - you guys are doing it, which is great. I just don't because I don't think I could stay on track if I had to do that too. But, it's working, so I won't fix it if it isn't broken LOL. I do find that a glass of wine with dinner lowers my blood sugar a bit - which is nice. What I'm really proud of is that the times I drink I am not letting myself get out of control with eating - which is super easy when buzzed.

Slimjem - you go girl! Yay for no excuses and two pounds down!! For me, that no excuses mindset is the hardest part.

Pnk - you did good for Denny's! And it's cool that you exercise enough to offset the mini splurge!

TooWicky - you did great! Sometimes you just gotta go with the flow and figure it out later. I find that I'm learning enough counting calories that I usually have a good idea of what stuff is gonna cost me - at least roughly. Only 100-200 calories over? That's really good, and you didn't offend your hostess - double bonus! I know what you mean about reading the phone. I am 45 and starting to have trouble with this myself. I'm dreading the day when the dr says "bifocals" but I know it's coming.

Wanna - Wow, that sounds painful and just plain frustrating, not to know what is going on. Glad your insurance starts soon! I hope it gets better quick.

So this weekend hubby and I went to an outdoor concert (Michael Franti). It was my first outdoor concert ever and I had so much fun! I must have danced for an hour straight. I was DRENCHED in sweat - so much that my hair was wet like I just had a shower LOL. But it was exhilarating and I felt so great. Losing this 25 pounds has made me feel so much better - like I can move and look sexy again. It helps that my hubby is the best at making me feel beautiful no matter what my weight is, but inside I felt different you know? Someone can tell you over and over that you are pretty or sexy or whatever, but until you feel it inside it doesn't really hit home - at least for me. I felt beautiful and alive. What a great night.

Last edited by Llilith; 08-12-2013 at 11:09 AM.
Old 08-12-2013, 11:34 AM   #160  

S/C/G: 263/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Morning everyone!! There's so much activity on here when I miss a couple days! Hope y'all had a good weekend!

Pnkrckpixikat, thanks so much for your advice on the other thread about what to order at the mexican! I shared chicken fajitas and pinto beans with a friend who is also watching her weight and said no to the melted cheese my friends like to order as a side for pouring over their burritos (that was tough!) - I'm sure it was the first time I've ever said no to cheese!! It's a shame you didn't enjoy your Dennys, it sucks when that happens.

It's pretty hot her e too when I go for a walk, still around 88 at 9pm but I don't have time in the mornings. You're so motivated to go at 7am!! I also do pilates and I think when I feel a bit more stretchy I'll start yoga too. It sounds like they really liked you at the interview if they're looking for another position, good luck with that! I love your reasoning about dyeing your hair different colors! What color is it now?

Llilith I think that an average of 3lbs a week is fine. I've read a lot of posts on the phentermine forum and the people on there can lose amounts like 5lbs in 4 days and think this is normal. Then they stall and get disheartened because it can be so up and down. For your head and your body, steady is best believe me! I'm sure your doc will be pleased with you! We all are anyways!!!

For the booze question, like TooWicky I'm more pen and paper than apps but I do keep track of everything. I've never been a big drinker but when I do drink it's mainly red wine, with a bit of ice in the summer - I'm no wine expert obviously! I think it's about 125-150 per glass, depends on the glass I guess. It helps me that it has iron in it too as I was getting dizzy spells before and lack of iron can be a reason.

Also TooWicky, I completely know what you mean about feeling you need to be polite and eat things at other peoples houses. Their generosity is lovely and I feel rude to say no, but I would panic too!

bg124 well done for exercising on your TOM, mines up soon. Not looking forward to that!

Sue, sorry to hear about your shoulder pain, but lovely to see how positive you are! Wishing you lots of laughter and smiles right back, and a quick recovery!

Well, I am pleased to report I still lost 3lbs this week so I'm down to 244 from 247. I hope to be closer to 240 next week but I still have a couple weeks in this thread to look forward to!

Have a great week everyone!
Old 08-12-2013, 01:19 PM   #161  

Lilith The concert sounds fun! dancing is such great exercise

Jenny - your welcome for the advice and congrats on following it! It is one thing to KNOW what to order, and another thing to manage to do it so good job! and double good job on avoiding the queso, I love the stuff, idk if i could have been so strong ETA: does pilates require less flexibility? I only am trying the yoga because my grandmother took me a couple times when I was 12 or 13 so I knew what to expect from the videos. I am only really using as something to stretch out after my strength days but it seems half the stuff I can't do lol

Sue- since your insurance starts on the 15th maybe call and schedule an appointment (especially if standard physicals are covered 100% as some insurances do) even if your bone or whatever it is feels better a physical is always a good thing to do. and when you are scheduling you can mention it and they might have some advice.

Last edited by pnkrckpixikat; 08-12-2013 at 01:21 PM.
Old 08-13-2013, 08:33 AM   #162  
Sue finding inner song

Hello all.... Had a fever yesterday and today I feel much better... Still swollen (Lymph glands I think) and the pain is moving again (went from back to front and now moving to the side SO WEIRD! like a bug) But I do feel better!! Thank you as it must have been all your wonderful hugs of get wellness words!!

Having a fever is a water loser too... (LOL ) I am finally down to 246.5... so going back to the correct direction..

Pixikat.. I hope your up scale reading came back down! You are just moving so fast on the downward slide! YAY !

Jenny 3 lbs down WOWOOWOWOWOWOWO!!! Great for you! Hoot Hoot!!!
Lillith.. What a great thing... an outdoor concert and that you feel just better inside too for all the lb loss you have have! Well that just makes the soul sing!!!!!! I LOVE that feeling and am trying to find it every day!! HUGS to you!! and enjoy and keep feeling that way..

I send love to you all as you all keep me motivated and going when I don't want too... THANK YOU! Have a truly GREAT Day!
Old 08-13-2013, 09:55 AM   #163  
apple to apple core

S/C/G: 275/215/175

Height: 5'7"

Hi guys

I have SO enjoyed my time on this thread... best support ever, I mean that! My official weekly weigh-in was this morning and I'm solidly in the 230s at 237 lbs., so time for me to move on to the 220s/230s thread. I increased my calories slightly mid-week, but still lost 3 lbs from last week. I guess I get to increase my caloric intake a bit more, yay, no complaints about that!! I had quite a busy week with some extra work hours (I work retail and it has been uber busy with back to school shopping.) There is a ton of walking, lifting, sorting, folding, hanging, etc. at my job. I think I *actually* expended some energy this week, lol. I'm usually very sedentary.

Old habits die hard:

I sometimes still find myself standing in front of the pantry, staring at food for no apparent reason. What. am. I. doing. lol.

I play World of Warcraft and I still sometimes reach for the phantom bowl of potato chips or snacks while raiding. What. am. I. doing. lol.

I feel like I have made good friends here Hope to see everyone on the next thread very soon!! Onward and downward. Until then, see you around the forums
Old 08-13-2013, 10:18 AM   #164  

awww congrats toowicky hopefully I will see you in that thread before you exit it!

sue glad to hear you are feeling a bit better, it is weird that it is movie around like that.

Scale is coming back down, hopefully tomorrow it'll be back at my ticker weight or lower today is strength training which equals soreness which equals water in the muscles so we shall see
Old 08-13-2013, 08:20 PM   #165  

S/C/G: 270/270/160

Height: 5'5

I have been super busy this week with kids going back to school. I am down two more pounds this week to 243.2 and hoping by labor day to be in the 230 thread.
Too wicky- Congrats and I hope to be joining you in a couple of weeks.
Sue I hope you feel better soon. Yuck to have the flu in the summer
jenny b- congrats on your pound loss. Lots of weight moving downward.
Bg- welcome to the group!
punkrock- where are you girl!
Everybody else hope we have a slimming week!

Last edited by cleancowgirl; 08-13-2013 at 08:25 PM.
Closed Thread