Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 01:24 PM   #211  

S/C/G: 250/see ticket/140

Height: 5'5

Hey y'all!

nagazim: Good luck! I hope it works itself out for you soon...mother nature can be so tricky. Hopefully it's just a fluke TOM thing!

wannaskip: Hopefully the odd behavior is just a one time thing and your wooshiness goes back to normal in a few days.

I've been sick with a head cold for the last few days, and I've been stuffing my face with all the juice, water, chicken soup and crackers I could eat. Woke up this morning and weighed myself on a whim...and I'm down to 240.8!!! So close I could SPIT!
Old 08-28-2013, 02:37 PM   #212  
Momof4

S/C/G: 317/*ticker*/198

Height: 5'6"

I agree with the letting go of retained fluid when I wasn't exercising. It's just frustrating. Remind me why I need to exercise, hehehe! I have been looking into getting a heart rate monitor. Several people on my fb use them and love taking pictures of their 800 calories burned throughout the day stuff, so I've bent to peer pressure and want one too. I mentioned it in a group I'm in on fb about wanting one and one of the girls is giving me hers! She's just like that though, very sweet and very giving. She said she was putting it into a yard sale but would ship it to me It's the Polar FT7. I'm pretty excited!

Today's weight was 249.0 which is better than yesterday but not as good as Sunday. I'm slightly bummed but just want the losses to continue. I really felt like my body was responding so well to the whole foods way and exercising just screwed that all up. Oh well, it's gotta come off eventually, right?!

Sue - I know how you feel. I'm so tired of the stalling/gaining/losing. It's making my head spin. Good luck that your whoosh continues this week!

Panda - you're soooooo close! Congrats on the loss, though being sick is no fun.
Old 08-28-2013, 03:00 PM   #213  
Momof4

For us gainers and losers: http://choose2befit.com/2009/09/11/w...a-new-program/
Old 08-29-2013, 11:35 AM   #214  
Starting out Huge

S/C/G: 255/244.8/125

Height: 5'2"

Good morning my community of like-bodied chicas! I hope you're all having an awesome Thursday so far. I had to check in because in a total shock, I was 244.8 today making it a full 10.2 pounds down since I started! I am so excited and also scared to gain it all back so you can bet I'm going to do what I can to keep that scale going down. I love being on the lower end of the 240's even if it's just barely.

I stalled out with my super low carb and had to eat some regular food and suddenly I'm losing weight again. It makes me feel like maybe I don't know squat about my body...it's a total mystery.
Old 08-29-2013, 01:59 PM   #215  
Momof4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjmelwel View Post
... It makes me feel like maybe I don't know squat about my body...it's a total mystery.
I feel the same way. After thinking my body was going to go bonkers no matter what plan I'm on, I finally had a post TOM whoosh. 246.6 this morning which is a new low in 3 years. (every low I get is a new low now but I'm going to celebrate every one of them!) 237 is starting to feel attainable! Come on mini goal #3!
Old 08-29-2013, 10:22 PM   #216  

Not gonna lie, I stepped on the scale, briefly saw 241.something flicker across the screen, and jumped off really quick. Not weighing until I feel lighter than 240 again lol.
Old 08-30-2013, 12:01 AM   #217  
Momof4

I have a question that seems silly to me but I can't really find anything on Dr. Google.

Do any of you set a target for calories to burn per day? I've never really thought about it but I'm getting a Polar FT7 heart rate monitor in the mail any day now and I'm wondering if I should have a target for exercise per day. I think I average around 300+ but I'm not sure how great that really is when the girl on my fb keeps posting 800+ cals burned during her run. Maybe I'm shooting low? Does it even matter? I think it will be fun to have the HRM a see it right there on my wrist in all it's flashy glory (plus it's a free gadget) but I'm not sure if it's going to be a fun new tool or just something else to make me stress over another number.

Do any of you have a target number of calories to burn?
Old 08-30-2013, 11:40 AM   #218  

So I bit the bullet and weighed myself this morning [despite knowing all about the carne guisada w/cheese tacos and small soda I had at midnight last night]...

243.6 [faints]

>

It's okay, though. I went on the binge because I'm starting South Beach Diet today, and everything in those tacos and soda is banned in Phase One [I might have panicked lol]. It was my "last meal", so to speak lol.

Here's to a new day and healthy diet.
Old 08-30-2013, 03:31 PM   #219  
Momof4

Good luck with South Beach, Panda!!

Still at 246.6 today. I'll take it. I'm still slowly weeding out dairy. I love cheese I just ordered nutritional yeast which is supposed to be a pretty good butter and cheese substitute. We'll see.

TGIF!
Old 08-31-2013, 08:04 AM   #220  
Nothing is impossible

S/C/G: 296/Ticker/150

Height: 5' 5"

I weighted yesterday because of a food filled weekend coming up and wanted to have the low true weight instead of one with water weight. 241!!!! Almost out of here!

Nagazim~ as for the calories for exercise 3500 calories equals 1 pound. So if you burn 500 calories a day then you in theory will lose one pound a week. Find out what you calorie intake would be to maintain your current weight and then subtract what the amount of calories you eat in a day and then to that add the calories you burn in exercise. Example:

My maintenance calorie amount is 2000. I eat about 1400 a day. Thats a deficit of 600 but then if I walk a mile thats 100 calories burned. So thats 700 calories a day that I am burning. That gives me about 1.4 pounds lost in a week. If that doesn't make any sense, (Its kinda hard to explain) Google BMR calculator, it might be easier to understand from them. Good luck
Old 08-31-2013, 09:47 AM   #221  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Nagazim.. I love the graphics you find! and the article!

I hope that everyone is going to or is having a very nice 3 day Holiday weekend (US) and if you have to work.. that the clients and co-workers are nice and kind and happy too!

Weight wise... still at 244 even after doing the Beer only for dinner... So I guess my body is just stuck.... I never thought I would spend more than 6 weeks in the 240's and it looks like I will have a few more... Each decade takes longer and longer to get thru. hmmm maybe a hair cut? (good for at least 1/2 lb as my thick hair is down the middle of my back and way too long hhhmmmm lol) Maybe I just need to get my Keister off the chair more often and walk more times during the week than I have....

PATIENCE... Word of the month for me in August... SEPTEMBER I want a different word to live that is more possitive!

HHMMM Anyone have a good word to post for September??!!! Just asking as I could use one!
Old 08-31-2013, 12:41 PM   #222  

wannaskipandlaugh: I don't know about you, but my word for September is going to be KICKASS. lol

Woke up this morning after one day on SBD...back down to 241.8. I'll take it! I cheated yesterday and had waaaaay to much cheese and a handful of Sour Patch Kids so I wasn't sure what to expect today...definitely not to go back down two pounds! Anyways, I'm excited about tomorrow's weigh in...it'll be the first for September, I'll have spent an entire day on plan today, and I wanna start the new month off with a BANG! So excited
Old 08-31-2013, 09:17 PM   #223  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

Back in the 240s. I feel like I've gained so much weight. But it wasn't really that much.
Old 09-01-2013, 11:05 AM   #224  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Well... I am getting closer to my low of last week... Down to 243.5... I hope that I will sweat off extra water today... Trim Trim Trim the palm trees and bushes and swim at my parents after taking care of their animals.... ahhhh Tho they are buttoned up tight for Hurricane season.. I am going to drag a chair over with me to soak up the sun and snooze maybe!

PANDA .. KICKA** it is for September!!!

Happy Day to all! and Hello Daimere... I hope your stay is very short lived as you head on back down to 230-220 thread! (Take us with you!!! Pleaseeeeeee! )

Last edited by wannaskipandlaugh; 09-01-2013 at 11:07 AM.
Old 09-01-2013, 02:39 PM   #225  
Momof4

SouthernBell - thanks for the tips. I think I was doing what I normally do and trying to overthink it all. DH sat me down (like only he knows how to) and made my brain chill out so I would relax.

I just obsess over wanting a number to attain. I don't know why I do that. It's why calorie counting works so well for me though. Even eating 100% whole foods, I still need to track my calories. I'll lose control without it.

Sue - Congrats on the reloss. I seriously hate relosing almost as much as I hate the fat in the first place. Constantly wondering WHY DID I LET MYSELF GET HERE, and now having to stay here longer than I wanted is aggravating! Hopefully your yard work and swimming will result in a nice whoosh on outta here (TAKE ME PLEASE!)

Panda- Congrats on SBD working out! I hope you continue to have a lot of success with it!

Daimere - Welcome aboard! Don't stay long

AFM: Today is my usual measurement day. Since we had church and a pot luck to prepare for, I didn't have the time this AM. I did weigh and was bummed that it's up a little 247.4 though I did eat salsa and blue corn chips last night before bed so that could be the culprit. I've done excellently with my exercise this week and plan to continue. I can't wait for my heart rate monitor to come it! It's going to make it a lot more fun (I think). I was very proud of myself since we did have the church pot luck today. This months theme was finger foods and I made a healthy shredded veggie wrap with hummus. Everyone loved it and kept asking me for the recipe (which I don't have since it just sounded good and I didn't measure my veggies out precisely). I also got "wow, I can tell you've lost weight" comments It was a good day!
Closed Thread