Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2013, 01:20 AM   #256  
Nothing is impossible

S/C/G: 296/Ticker/150

Height: 5' 5"

Weighed in yesterday and was 240.5, really sooooo close. Next week I will be out of here for sure!! Just easing myself into the next group slowly!
Old 09-08-2013, 11:03 AM   #257  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

I really hate typing a LONG post and POOF it disappears... musta hit the backspace key tooooo much sigh.. (My day in a nutshell)

I want to say Hello and Welcome Donna!
'
and Beloved... I wish I knew what was happening to me.... I was so happy yesterday... The whoosh Fairy visited me and blessed me with a nice (lowest on this 8 month journey so far) weight of 242.5... and I was so oooooo happy and then today.. WONK on the head... back up to 245 and I did not eat more than 1325 calories... so no reason ( and I did not even have my cheat frozen snack size Snickers.. oh Halloween candy is Bad Bad Bad in my life)... I have been in the 240's for almost 8 weeks and TOO LONG... Something is going on in my body and I do not know what. I do not eat more than 1500 calories like forever (I think I had 2 cheat days in May for my Birthday and 1 with a friend 6 weeks ago and had bread and fries )... Maybe its my age.... I do walk every day... I have stopped walking outside as its in the mid 80's at 8-9 pm when I walk and I drip so much and feel miserable... so I walk inside my house.. (I have a path of 110 steps set out for 1 round trip that I do 50 x's - 2+ miles).. so I have no Rhyme or Reason for what my bod is doing... I am so glad that I have a doctors apt on the 23rd... and will get my thyroid checked out and hope that that is the cause.. if not... I might have to change my diet to No Salt (6 week Body makeover) as that worked for me 5 years ago.. but I like my plan as I can live on it forever... sigh....

Just a bad bad bad day for me today and I am so sorry I am putting this out there... I hope that you all are having the exact opposite kind of day than I... I wish that that is so!

I don't want to give in and say that I will inhabit this thread for the next 10 people who come in and go.. .I want to be one of those people moving on welcoming you all to the next one... In the mean time... I do enjoy all your company! and please wave as you pass me by! LOLOLOL Maybe I'll hang onto your coattails to be dragged along with you on the downward journey!

SMILE Today Gotta Believe! Believe Believe...
Old 09-08-2013, 09:04 PM   #258  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

I still have days till my official weigh in day but the scale is being very nice to me!

I worked and worked and worked yesterday to reach 10k on my day off. It's so hard! Cause on my nights off, I'm sedentary. But I can get 8k-10k on work days. I've been coming home and making myself finish the 10k. But I really wanted to reach it cause I ate over my calories and usually I can get 400k with exercise/steps.
Old 09-08-2013, 09:36 PM   #259  
DonnaNoble Has Been Saved

S/C/G: 245/239/137

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBell02 View Post
Weighed in yesterday and was 240.5, really sooooo close. Next week I will be out of here for sure!! Just easing myself into the next group slowly!
Good for you! Keep up the good work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannaskipandlaugh View Post
I really hate typing a LONG post and POOF it disappears... musta hit the backspace key tooooo much sigh.. (My day in a nutshell)

I want to say Hello and Welcome Donna!
'
and Beloved... I wish I knew what was happening to me.... I was so happy yesterday... The whoosh Fairy visited me and blessed me with a nice (lowest on this 8 month journey so far) weight of 242.5... and I was so oooooo happy and then today.. WONK on the head... back up to 245 and I did not eat more than 1325 calories... so no reason ( and I did not even have my cheat frozen snack size Snickers.. oh Halloween candy is Bad Bad Bad in my life)... I have been in the 240's for almost 8 weeks and TOO LONG... Something is going on in my body and I do not know what. I do not eat more than 1500 calories like forever (I think I had 2 cheat days in May for my Birthday and 1 with a friend 6 weeks ago and had bread and fries )... Maybe its my age.... I do walk every day... I have stopped walking outside as its in the mid 80's at 8-9 pm when I walk and I drip so much and feel miserable... so I walk inside my house.. (I have a path of 110 steps set out for 1 round trip that I do 50 x's - 2+ miles).. so I have no Rhyme or Reason for what my bod is doing... I am so glad that I have a doctors apt on the 23rd... and will get my thyroid checked out and hope that that is the cause.. if not... I might have to change my diet to No Salt (6 week Body makeover) as that worked for me 5 years ago.. but I like my plan as I can live on it forever... sigh....

Just a bad bad bad day for me today and I am so sorry I am putting this out there... I hope that you all are having the exact opposite kind of day than I... I wish that that is so!

I don't want to give in and say that I will inhabit this thread for the next 10 people who come in and go.. .I want to be one of those people moving on welcoming you all to the next one... In the mean time... I do enjoy all your company! and please wave as you pass me by! LOLOLOL Maybe I'll hang onto your coattails to be dragged along with you on the downward journey!

SMILE Today Gotta Believe! Believe Believe...
Thanks for the welcome.

In my years of dieting, one thing I've learned is that when the scale isn't moving the way you think it should, you should took a close, hard look at things. Are you logging and accounting for every little lick and taste? How much water are you drinking? Hidden sodium that may make you retain water? A 2.5 gain over night really sounds like water retention to me, so you may need to really look at your diet and see what's causing it. I'm super sensitive to sodium, so even if I eat within my points and do everything right, a salty dinner will see a big gain for me even if there's just no possible way on earth I over ate. I'm currently in a pattern where I'm eating pre-cooked chicken sausages for lunch (two Amy's organic chicken sausages are five points and when paired with a nice, big honey crisp apple, I'm full until dinner time). But, I know there will probably come a point where the sodium in the sausage will be problematic and I'll have to cut back. For now, I'm pounding the water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daimere View Post
I still have days till my official weigh in day but the scale is being very nice to me!

I worked and worked and worked yesterday to reach 10k on my day off. It's so hard! Cause on my nights off, I'm sedentary. But I can get 8k-10k on work days. I've been coming home and making myself finish the 10k. But I really wanted to reach it cause I ate over my calories and usually I can get 400k with exercise/steps.

Congrats on getting your 10k steps! I really need to charge my fitbit!

I had a good day. The scale was up 1.5 pounds this morning after last night's dinner out with my husband. I expected it, it's okay and I moved on. Today was a good day, food wise (even if I did sneak in a salted caramel mocha with whipped cream--I counted for it, so it's all good). I made a yummy omelet this morning (1 egg plus 2 egg whites with chorizo (just 1 oz. it's very pointy), onions and queso blanco (.5 oz). With my coffee, I didn't even need lunch. I got my elliptical time in this morning and was really busy all day.

We had a super healthy dinner (roasted chicken, broccoli and red skin potatoes mashed with just a little butter. 2 tbsp for 6 servings).

Hope everyone has a super Monday! Good luck!! <--I like this guy
Old 09-08-2013, 09:55 PM   #260  
Hooping my Life Away

Quote:
Congrats on getting your 10k steps! I really need to charge my fitbit!
I had to pull it out and it's actually malfunctioning. I should have the One sometime this week. Got it for $50. I figured it was an absolute. It gives me much more motivation to be active. I mean it was eye opening how active I had to be last night to make up for not working! Boo!
Old 09-09-2013, 04:33 PM   #261  
Momof4

S/C/G: 317/*ticker*/198

Height: 5'6"

Welcome aboard DonnaNoble! (I'm guessing it's a Dr. Who side kick?) I've just started watching Dr. Who so I'm only 3/4 through the first season and I love Rose (forgive me if I'm way off)

SouthernBell02 - WAY TO GO!!!!!

Sue - I'm so sorry about the consistent stall. My Aunt is going through the same thing. She's 62 and I'm trying to get her in to have her thyroid checked out too. I really hope your dr can give you some idea as to what your next steps should be so you can get on out of here Though I may be hanging back with you :/ You've done soooo well and I love your attitude! Just keep swimmin', Sue!

Speaking of a fitbit, I'd never even heard of them until the other night. I'm curious if I should make it my birthday request for this year. My husband is so stoked on my health turn around he'd probably get it for me now lol! (I may be a little spoiled )

I'm still sitting at 244.4 today. Hopefully it's due to the salty thins last night. Sundays are harder for me since we automatically go out to eat with my parents after church every week. So even though I order healthy options, I'm not cooking it so it's not as healthy as I'd like.

A group of ladies from my church has begun walking together this week. We've made it two days so far and next is scheduled for Wednesday. I'm really enjoying the exercise with other people minus the gym expense!

Do any of you have someone in your life that you just want to "save" from obesity? I feel this way about my mom. And no matter how many times she has talked to me about weight loss, my success just seems to make her angry. I don't understand it. My mom has been overweight for the majority of my life. I can remember when I was 10 she lost 70 lbs. But only kept it off about a year and slowly put it back on. She's pretty short too. My dad gets upset with her. I don't think he means to come across as "you're my wife and you're fat!" but he's really just upset that she has health problems and he's scared she'll die. But instead of showing compassion and a desire to see 70 yrs together, he just sounds angry and mad at her fatness.

I'm trying. I really am. Last night we were set to walk with the church ladies and she last minute decided she just wants to go home instead. My husband told her "if you let yourself, you'll always have an excuse." Which was a little harsh, but it's very true for her in most areas of her life.

Anyhoo, I'm not doing so well with hitting my calorie allowances. I've ended up under 5 days in a row and myfitnesspal is yelling at me in red letters. So I'm incorporating more snacks. The problem is with eating so well, I'm not hungry in between meals. And I worry if I make myself snack, I'll lose control and mess up my loss. (and still yet under eating can mess up my loss!) Why can't losing weight be easy?!

Last edited by Nagazim; 09-09-2013 at 04:37 PM.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:05 PM   #262  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagazim View Post
Welcome aboard DonnaNoble! (I'm guessing it's a Dr. Who side kick?) I've just started watching Dr. Who so I'm only 3/4 through the first season and I love Rose (forgive me if I'm way off)

SouthernBell02 - WAY TO GO!!!!!

Sue - I'm so sorry about the consistent stall. My Aunt is going through the same thing. She's 62 and I'm trying to get her in to have her thyroid checked out too. I really hope your dr can give you some idea as to what your next steps should be so you can get on out of here Though I may be hanging back with you :/ You've done soooo well and I love your attitude! Just keep swimmin', Sue!

Speaking of a fitbit, I'd never even heard of them until the other night. I'm curious if I should make it my birthday request for this year. My husband is so stoked on my health turn around he'd probably get it for me now lol! (I may be a little spoiled )

I'm still sitting at 244.4 today. Hopefully it's due to the salty thins last night. Sundays are harder for me since we automatically go out to eat with my parents after church every week. So even though I order healthy options, I'm not cooking it so it's not as healthy as I'd like.

A group of ladies from my church has begun walking together this week. We've made it two days so far and next is scheduled for Wednesday. I'm really enjoying the exercise with other people minus the gym expense!

Do any of you have someone in your life that you just want to "save" from obesity? I feel this way about my mom. And no matter how many times she has talked to me about weight loss, my success just seems to make her angry. I don't understand it. My mom has been overweight for the majority of my life. I can remember when I was 10 she lost 70 lbs. But only kept it off about a year and slowly put it back on. She's pretty short too. My dad gets upset with her. I don't think he means to come across as "you're my wife and you're fat!" but he's really just upset that she has health problems and he's scared she'll die. But instead of showing compassion and a desire to see 70 yrs together, he just sounds angry and mad at her fatness.

I'm trying. I really am. Last night we were set to walk with the church ladies and she last minute decided she just wants to go home instead. My husband told her "if you let yourself, you'll always have an excuse." Which was a little harsh, but it's very true for her in most areas of her life.

Anyhoo, I'm not doing so well with hitting my calorie allowances. I've ended up under 5 days in a row and myfitnesspal is yelling at me in red letters. So I'm incorporating more snacks. The problem is with eating so well, I'm not hungry in between meals. And I worry if I make myself snack, I'll lose control and mess up my loss. (and still yet under eating can mess up my loss!) Why can't losing weight be easy?!
If it was easy, we wouldn't be here.

I don't think your husband was harsh with your Mom. I think he was honest. He's right. There's always an excuse. I bet a lot of us on this forum are champion excuse makers. There comes a point where you have to stop accepting the excuses from yourself, but you're the only one who can do it.

Found out today that my beloved Salted caramel mocha is 8 points, even if I have it with non-fat milk and no whipped cream. That will have to be a rare treat. I went back to my grande non fat iced caramel macchiato today (just 5 points). Also, the brand of chicken sausages I bought are 8 points for 2, so it's just been "argh" all over the place today.

Then the kids brought out the honey pretzels. Thankfully (?) I didn't feel good so I skipped dinner. I need to find fifteen minutes to get on the elliptical (my goal for this week) but storms are pushing my little girls' showers late and I'm not sure I'll fit it in.

I'm feeling a little off the rails even though I know I"m not.

The scale was down to 240.5 today. Just one pound of extra baggage from a good dinner Saturday night.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:00 PM   #263  
Hooping my Life Away

I cannot wait till official weigh in day (tomorrow). I am pretty sure that I will get some good news scale wise. It's amazing how you can eat under 2000 calories just by eating the serving sizes (and absolutely no eating out).
Old 09-10-2013, 08:11 AM   #264  

S/C/G: 280/see ticker/155

Height: 5' 7"

Well I'm finally here but I've been so busy I haven't had a chance to post. Hopefully I won't be here too long and will be down I the next decade. I too had stalled on my weght loss in the 250s but now its falling off (knock on wood). I have been downing the seven day challenge from the game just dance on the wii. I do it with my daughter every morning. We started week 2 yesterday. It's so fun that it almost doesn't seem like excerise, almost.

I had a huge NSV yesterday. My doctor has taken me off my blood pressure meds. So happy.I was on them for about 9 mths. I think it really made me rrealize that the weight was affecting my health. I had also asked her to put me on a wait list (approx 3 yrs long) for surgery back in may. Since I really don't want it, it has given me motivation as well. I told her yesterday that if I get to a point that I no longer qualify to have the surgery for her not to tell me she has taken me off the list.

Anyway good luck to us all. Happy shedding
Old 09-10-2013, 08:27 AM   #265  
Sue finding inner song

Welcome Ainslie ! and I have a feeling you are not going to stay here long!

Nagazim.. Thank you for your kind words.. and something shifted last night.... I just feel different.. So hoping that that means the body is going to be cooperative! .... Age does change things... and yes Donna... I think I need to cut out some of my salt as I do eat too much of it in the food I eat. That would help a great deal!

Oh... I just feel better today (maybe it was the 5K walk I did outside last night - first time outside in almost 2 months as it has been oppresive here in South Florida)... The sky was awesome.!!!!

Down to 244 and 1 time it said 241.5... but I am not taking lowest numbers anymore.. doing the constant high nos... but I know I feel lighter...

HUGS TO ALL! Lets go to the next thread by next week .. How does that sound??
Old 09-10-2013, 08:34 AM   #266  

S/C/G: 280/278/180

It's great to see you here Ainslie Congrats on your NSV. I don't take BP meds anymore either.
I was 246.4 this morning and haven't gotten back to the 245.8 that I was 2 days ago, but I'm still hanging in there. I want to say I've lost 50 lbs, but I've got to get to 245 first. I will get there.

Last edited by Only Believe; 09-10-2013 at 08:35 AM.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:47 PM   #267  
Momof4

S/C/G: 317/*ticker*/198

Height: 5'6"

Good afternoon all!

Donna - I think I feel off the rails most of the time Congratulations on your loss!

ainslie - Awesome job on the no more bp meds! It's amazing what a little weight loss can do! Way to go!

Sue - I have a daily battle with my scale because there's always one really amazing low number then I get 1 lb higher than the original probably "true" weight number. It drives me batty since my heart skips a beat over that low. I hope that different feeling you have is all the positive vibes we've been sending your way!

Only Believe - 50 lbs loss is right in your grasp! I'm sure you'll hit it again in the next few days!

AFM: I'm aggravated that since I hit my calorie limit yesterday the scale bounced between 244.8 and 245.6. I don't like either weight. The ONLY processed foods still in this house are organic, no preservative added snacky type foods. I had a peanut butter/honey sandwich and berries after dinner to get enough calories and now I just feel angry over the gain. Since I didn't want the snack but felt like I had to since I had under 1000 calories for the day.

I may need to go back to only weighing once a week.

Do you normally eat all of your exercise calories back? I don't but maybe I should be. I just don't want to stall out when I know this weight wants to leave my body. There is a healthy person trapped under all this fluff.

Last edited by Nagazim; 09-10-2013 at 02:52 PM.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:14 PM   #268  

Good luck tomorrow, Daimere!

Ainslie-Getting off BP medication is HUGE! YAY!

I hate the bouncing number game, Sue. It kills me. I have a good scale and at least once a week I'm threatening to throw it away because if the wind blows in a different direction I gain four pounds.

OnlyBelieve, you're so close! I hope you see 245 soon so you can claim your 50 pounds gone!

Nagazim, I think how to fuel you body is such a personal thing. In theory it seems so simple. What I'm doing is eating when I'm hungry and not eating when I'm not. I'm trying to create good habits and I feel like I've already spend too much time eating when I wasn't hungry (but for a million different reasons, usually none of them related to hunger at all). It's so frustrating, I know. I do think, though, you have to be sure to give your body time to change on whatever plan you're falling. You've cut out all processed food, which is amazing. It may take time for you to see a change in your weight due to making that change. It's so hard to be patient when you just want to be at goal already.

Today, Mr. Scale was my friend and showed me back at 239.5 again. Dh and I went out for breakfast his morning (It had a lot of points, but I counted them, halved what I ate and conserved for the rest of the day). I've been a little snacky this evening, so I've gone through more points than I like, but I feel okay. I just need to try to get some more water in.

I also hit the elliptical this afternoon. I skipped it yesterday. I felt bad about it, but, well, no excuses. I didn't want to so I didn't. I knew I had to get on track today, so even though time was tight and I was worried about having enough time, I got it in. What I REALLY need to do is be up early enough in the morning to get in the exercise and a shower before I take the little girls to school.

Pasta dinner with friends tomorrow night and dd2's birthday is Thursday. All of this food before weigh in ! I have a plan for tomorrow (I'm bringing the salad. I'm dong an Olive Garden knock off, but halving the dressing), but Thursday is still up in the air.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:33 PM   #269  
Hooping my Life Away

So i'm officially out of this decade. Today is official weigh in day and I'm at 236.2.

Quote:
Do you normally eat all of your exercise calories back?
Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. It depends. Most days I try not to. But if I burned a crazy amount of calories, I might. But if it happens to help me "not be over" my calories, I'll exercise more (like I did on Saturday to make up for going over a few hundred but I still didn't help it all). When I was doing 30DS, I think I did some.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:56 PM   #270  
Sue finding inner song

Yeah to you Daimere!!!!! WOOHOO.. break open that door so we all can come in ! Very happy for you...

and off of Blood Pressure meds you all?! Well that is a massive NSV I am thinking!!!

and you are right Nagazim... I was getting alot of good vibes and kind words from you all and how can I not feel better with you all?! No way I can stay down!

Looking forward to tomorrow for us all and may we ALL have a lower scale reading or at least a GOOD body feeling day!!

]HUGS all!
Closed Thread