Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 03:41 AM   #61  
I Will do this....

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/165

Height: 5ft 7

Morning
Star - Thanks for the tips about the antibiotics. My feeling is that they have messed up my delicate system ! I umped and ahhed about whether to take them, but I was so sick on holiday and really needed to get rid of the infection. I still feel really under the weather, and am considering going to the doctors, but clearly don't want any more antibiotics
Love2b- You are awesome - I truly admire that you went back and checked everyone's posts.
Anyway, down 1.5 to 153.1- back to goal and feeling a little happier
Hope everyone has a good day.
Sam x
Old 08-16-2011, 07:03 AM   #62  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

I went to bed early last night and slept well. I'm so glad about that. The scale is up this morning. It could be from TTOM trying to start and not from a reaction from dinner. I'll see how the day goes.

Calories for yesterday: 1440 +

Weigh In: 146.2 (TTOM)

Up: 1.2
Old 08-16-2011, 08:13 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

Good morning everyone. I've come to the realization that I will never to personals the way some of you manage to do them. Such dedication! I'm thinking that I might just be the friend who is always there but usually fails to individually recognize what everyone is doing. You could call my "real life" friends to confirm this . . .

I was the same again this AM - 172.6. I have slowed down considerably in recent weeks, and I'm frustrated. Before anyone tells me to just hang in there, I know that's what I have to do. For the first time since January, though, this process has gotten "real." I'm not sure if i can clear that up. I started losing at the rate of about 3 pounds a week for 10 weeks and then slowed down to about 2.5 for 20 weeks. It was pretty easy, actually. It didn't seem like I had done much to accomplish it. But now it's in the fractions and seems harder. More like I'm actually having to work hard at it. But I still had a whoosh recently, so I should be OK with this. I guess that's what I meant in my post a day or so ago when I said I felt like I was more in a maintenance mode right now. That's probably not a bad thing, either, for a while. I have a long "staycation" of sorts coming up, though, and know I need to at least stay even for those 10 days or I'll be upset with myself.

Stop. Stop right now. You are doing fine. You've done well since January. Take the advice you give to others and apply it to yourself.

OK - I'm done talking to myself. Hope everyone has a great day.

And I'm confused as to what "AF" is. Rennie said it to me, and in the very next post, Eclipse used it. Help!

Diana - hope the nuts didn't do any damage.

Mandy - I don't have allergies but know how miserable it is to get "smoked up" even just sitting around a campfire sometimes, so I hope and pray it gets better soon.

JamieSue - take care of yourself.

LGW - if you don't mind my asking - what do you do that requires 28 hour shifts? Nurse? Doctor? Fireman? (Firefighter? LOL)

To all of you - I love being in this boat with all of you - thanks for the support and friendship. Have a wonderful Tuesday.

Lin
Old 08-16-2011, 09:25 AM   #64  
LGW
#justfortoday

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'

Start May 15 - 238
June 15 - 229 (-9 total wt loss)
July 15 - 222.4 (-15.6 total wt loss)
Aug 15 - 217.6 (-20.2 total wt loss)

Next mini goal: 209-213 by Sept 15
LONG-TERM GOAL: NEVER SEE 220 again

8/1 - no WI
8/2 - 218.2 (+0.4)
8/3 - 219.6 (+1.4)
8/4 - 220.2 (+0.6)
8/5 - no WI
8/6 - 216.8 (-3.4)
8/7 - 215.2 (-1.6)
8/8 - 216.6 (+1.4)
8/9 - no WI
8/10 - 217.4 (+0.8)
8/11 - 218.6 (+1.2)
8/12 - 218.6 (+0.0)
8/13 - no WI
8/14 - 216.2 (-2.4)
8/15 - 217.8 (+1.6)
8/16 - 217.0 (-0.8) woo hoo...I'm excited

Off to the hospital for another 28...B/L/D packed and ready to go...no WI tomorrow...no coffee/creamer tonight...I will do either diet DEW or pepsi max per Koonfyoozed request

Last edited by LGW; 08-16-2011 at 09:26 AM.
Old 08-16-2011, 09:32 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 200/193/140

Height: 5'5

Good morning ladies *singsong voice* I don't know why I'm so chipper this morning because I've been up since 4:45 for my early morning conference call with Singapore. I stayed the same this morning, but I'm okay with that because I was POP yesterday, and my WI was earlier than usual this morning and (TMI alert) before any sort of movement. So it's all good.

Rennie I surprised myself with the oatmeal bar, I actually didn't mind it at all. It's not my favourite thing in the world, but definitely better than eating oatmeal itself. I have the Maple and Brown Sugar flavour and it was a bit sweet so I'm thinking it's a good way to satisfy me when I have a sweet tooth, but I'll need a cup of tea to go with it
Old 08-16-2011, 09:52 AM   #66  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: Started SB 12/18/09 334/-/?

Height: 5'6"

Morning Everyone

up 1 lb to 178.2 Oh.well..flucate on then

Rennie,I've said it before and i must say it again..You are the Queen of personals that was so nice of you to go back an support everyone bless your heart glad you had a nice time.May your Cousin rest in peace you're back,will get back focused and that's that.Thank you

Jami,hope you feel ok this morning.you're a trooper and glad everyone helped you.It was/still is hard for me too but everyday it gets better and better.

Angie,hope things aren't too bad w/the cottage.Thank God y'all had just left.

You're doing great Lin,for me,i just had to accept were I am now,that i won't lose a lot of weight each month any more cause I'm so close to where my body wants to settle and make that mental shift..Knowing that i won't lose more than 5 lbs a month now,no matter how hard i push myself.

I had/have to consider do i want to (can i sustain my new lifestyle) eat less than I'm already eating? do i/can i work any harder? No!! I've pushed/still pushing as hard as i can. I'm just settling into eating healthy for life cause that's what it's all about anyway and finding new ways to challenge myself and if i lose any weight after all that then fine.When i stall out completely then that's that.

BBL...

Last edited by OnaMi; 08-16-2011 at 10:03 AM.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:10 AM   #67  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

My reward for taking my butt to the gym instead of the taking my mouth for doughnuts or fried pies? Today I am down 1.4. My zumba buddies are all having lunch at a Mexican place and I'm not sure if I want to go or not. I have been there and the food is yummy, but I can't think of a single truly food plan friendly thing on their menu.

Ona - I am starting to get the grasp of that, but I still have to talk myself through it sometimes when the scale goes up by a pound or more. It helps me to come here and say that I want to go off plan out of frustration, but I'm not going to and to tell y'all what I'm going to do instead of whatever off plan nonsense I'm wanting. Maybe it makes me feel as if I've made the commitment to the group, not just myself, I dunno, but it definitely helps.

Vixsin - I was having trouble getting all of my water in for a while so I set up system for myself. I found myself drinking too many diet sodas instead of water, so what I did was tell myself that I was not allowed to have the diet soda until I had a certain amount of water. I allowed a diet soda with lunch if I had half my day's water in and another with dinner if I had already made my water goal for the day. Maybe something similar could help you get your water in?

Gale - That is awesome! Congrats on having a successful weekend. I have finally gotten them pretty well under control, but weekends were the hardest part for me to tame as well.

Jami - I am lovin that you are in this challenge thing. It sounds awesome. I know you are going to do well. It sounds like your first workout was wonderfully horrible! You lived through it though, and that means you can live through the next and the next and... You go!

Mandy - I'm sorry about the sinus infection, but now that you know and have meds it will hopefully be gone soon.

Lin - I love your post yesterday. You're right, this thread is full of really awesome losers (including those currently in maintenance). Being part of this group is very helpful to me. I'm sad for you missing your DD, but I'm glad you had a great week with her and that your niece's wedding went so well (even if you've made me want to have these cake ball things). As for the way you are feeling today, I am having the same issues. It was so easy for me in the beginning and I never really understood the people who said it was hard. I believed them and felt bad for them, but I didn't really get it. Since about February or so it has been hard and slow for me and now I get it. I try to focus not just on the scale or even my tape measure. I try to also focus on the new things I can do, I set lots of workout related goals. Right now I am working on being able to do 10 double burpees in a row, 50 push-ups, and unassisted pull-ups. Also, AF = 'Aunt Flow', same as TOM.

StarGetsFit - I beg to differ! I think every pound is something to about! Congrats on making your body listen.

Diana - that is is a legume thing and almonds and pecans don't count!

Rennie - I'm glad to see you back. Sometimes going off plan is beneficial to us, mentally if not physically. The important thing is making sure you don't stay off plan. You are back on track and since you have no regrets, you won't be beating yourself up over it which is never helpful. The elliptical probably took me 2 weeks to be able to handle the thing for even 5 minutes, and that was with giving it a shot every single day and sometimes twice a day. After that initial 5 minutes the minutes became easier to add. And I must say that you are an awesome awesome threadmate for going back and trying to hit everything you missed while you were away. more
Old 08-16-2011, 10:59 AM   #68  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning All!

Good news! I got all of my water in yesterday and then some!!! I was very proud of that! I also got a workout in yesterday! I hopped on the treadmill for 10 mins of walking and 10 mins of jogging. It felt good!!! I actually was feeling sore a couple of hours later. I also got about 30 mins of dancing in last night.

I was only down .4 this morning. Im confident that I'm holding onto some major water. I'm really sore today. I'm going to try some of Bob Harper's strength training tonight.

I'm taking a break from doing my food journal electronically. I am needing to go back to old school right now and I've gone back to writing it down. That has really helped my mood today and helped to keep me focused. I have my whole day planned out and I feel SUPER confident!!

Thanks to you all for the continued amazing support!!!

I'll check back later.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:05 AM   #69  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Rox: thanks for the tip about the water. For me, if I don't fill my water bottle as soon as I get up and get started, I don't get enough. As long as I get things going in the morning, I usually get enough through the day. I was too busy living this weekend to remember my water.

Ona: You're doing great! So dedicated!!! I love it!

Kukkie: I love the perky today!!! That made me smile.

LGW: I love your post today! I needed that reminder as well. My losses have also slowed. I am learning to cut myself some slack too. We can do it together!

Diana:

Starbrite:
Old 08-16-2011, 11:09 AM   #70  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

hey guys.... i've been thinkin about this for a while, and i think i'm going to take a week's vacation away from the stress of losing weight.

between my ankle injury, my sinus infection, all the meds i'm taking, and getting ready to move... it's just an added stressor that i feel like i don't need to try to handle. i'm not gonna go crazy, but i won't be counting everything that passes through my lips, and i will get back on track counting religiously once i get to SC and settled. i'm not worried about a small gain. even 7 pounds of honeymoon gain only took 2 weeks to shed.

i'll still check in, but i'll be staying away from my scale.
Old 08-16-2011, 12:03 PM   #71  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

Im back in full effect! I have been under the weather and not feeling good and before that was on vacation and had a ball! Its time to get back rolling so I want August to be a good month. Good luck everyone I would love to get down to 225 I have been gaining weight.

August:
1 233
2 233
3 231.2
4 229.4 been having great days eating on plan!
8 228.4 *shouldershrugs* I expected a gain but Ill take it
9 230.0
10 228.0 not sure but I wi using my works scale as well and got the same
11 231.2 not sure whats going on ive been working out and weight training again but i have been eating on plan....something will give
12 230.0
15 233 im just all over the place
16 232.2
Old 08-16-2011, 12:23 PM   #72  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Good Morning

Jami, my friend HUGE to ya, you could never be a failure, YOU are and will be a SUCCESS. You are doing this thing. Hope you rested well and feel a better this morning

Thanks LGW since I have been on my journey this time around the caffeine makes me tired. I didn't notice it until last month so I had started doing the decaf thing then. You are doing great I'm sure when your schedule calms down (less busy/more rest) you will have a few great whooshes Huh the pictures that I have taken that I actually thought I looked half way descent in, uh uh uh ... somebody should have told me the truth Good job on the .8 down

Mandy I like the taste Pepsi Max but takes me days to drink one. I'm not big on soda at all like I use to be, guess that's a good thing Mandy enjoy your break,

Thanks starbrite, May we/I call you Sam? It's a shame what antibiotics do to a woman's body . Don't put off going to the doctor if you feel you need to go back, you don't want to make matters worse. Get your yogurt though

Diana hope your day goes well. Sorry about the gain

Lin AF is Aunt Flow (TOM) I thought that's what you were talking about, sorry. I have lots of time on my hands so it's easy for me to sit and do personals. Most of you work (I think). The kids don't go back to school until after Labor Day and my volunteer time doesn't really kick in until October. I'm sure someone on here will be able to help you through this stage on your journey. I feel like I'm stuck also but unlike you I haven't been doing like I'm supposed to ... hope you get it all figured out soon

Kukkie not TMI at all I have a TMI for ya' since eating all of the crap I ate in NC, I have had a BM everyday. I usually only do that when TOM is here. ok done What brand was it? Going to Walmart later so I will look for it. Nothing beats a failure but a try and a healthy try, gotta try it

Thanks Ona I did good yesterday eating wise, but no exercise. Hope to do a little better today ... as you ALL have said one day at a time, slow and steady wins the race. Hopefully I can get close to my Thanksgiving goal of 150. I have two more family gatherings and a cookout with an old friend next weekend so we shall see.

Thanks Roxy good job on the 1.4lbs gone I'm gonna try my elliptical everyday starting today (hopefully) and let you know how I'm doing. I hope to be able to stay on for at least 2-3 minutes

Vixsin good job on the .4 down, your water intake and exercise yesterday I enjoyed journaling when I was doing it, now I'm just lazy ... and I also don't plan anymore. Have a great day!

Matilda good job on the .8 down

OK now me I am down 3.6lbs to 180.4. Like Kukkie I weighed in much earlier than normal at 4:20am but like I told someone yesterday I keep a log in the bathroom. I got up and weighed again at 8:35 and weighed 179.2 so I on my way down to where I was thank goodness.

I'm gonna eat lunch and then hopefully exercise. See you all later
Old 08-16-2011, 12:46 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 200/193/140

Height: 5'5

Thanks Vixsin and guess what I have the most fabulous news that I shouldn't share until tomorrow, but I'm just so excited and you were my biggest supporter when I made this decision, soooo tomorrow marks my 11 month smoke-free quit date, which should kinda of depress me, because that 11 months means I could have been at goal by now, but I'm not depressed because I'm just too damn happy with myself. This is the longest I've ever gone, I am so impressed with myself Now to apply the same commitment to weight loss!

Rennie i'm glad to hear you've been so regular! Oatmeal-to-Go bar is Quaker - High Fibre. Let me know what you end up getting!
Old 08-16-2011, 08:20 PM   #74  
Shooting Star

S/C/G: 261.2/245.8/199

Height: 5'7.5"

July 05, 2011: Weigh In: 261.2
July 31, 2011: Weigh In: 250.8
Total Loss For July, 2011: 10.4 pounds

31: 250.8
01: Oot
02: Oot
03: Oot
04: Oot
05: 247.6
06: 247
07: 246.8
08: 249.6
09: 249.4
10: 248.6
11: 249.0
12: 249
13: 247.4
14: 247.6
15: 246.6
16: 247.8

And back I bounce. Stupid body.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:22 PM   #75  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone! I tried coming on here earlier but the forums was down. My mouth seems worse today. I really don't know what that means, if anything.

Mandy When are you moving to Columbia?

Starbrite I would continue with the antibiotics. You won't be on them too many days. Congrats on the 1.5 pounds!

Linjber Hi

LGW Congrats on the .8.

Kukkie No change is good!

Ona Hi

Fitgirlygirl Congrats on the 1.4 pounds!

Vixsin Congrats on the workout and .4.

Matilda Hi

Rennie Congrats on getting rid of that water weight!
Closed Thread