Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2001, 11:10 AM   #16  
Teacher chick

Hi there, and yes I am lurking. It's been a rough week for me, medically. I dropped a kidney stone and the IV fluids and medication caused a 4 pound gain. While doing the ct-scan for it, they found a mass in my pelvis, which appears to be the one that I had surgically removed 3 years ago growing back. They aren't sure what to do for it. Then I woke up with a stiff neck and now can't turn my head even an inch to the right. Even sitting at the computer hurts. And to top it off, school begins for me in two and a half weeks! I won't even go into the problems with hubby's disability company who think he is faking or something and challenge even the doctor's letters that say he is permantly disabled at this point. It's always something, I guess. I haven't really been posting this week because I don't have much to post that is positive.

But I am lurking!
Old 08-02-2001, 11:38 AM   #17  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Judy - Don't just lurk, come and let out whatever you need to express......you should know by now that it doesn't have to be WW related at all times. Right now you need to vent and you also need people to talk to about what you're going through with your husband and now YOUR physical ailments. Please email me or post here but DON'T not write at all. Even if you feel like you're rambling on....(like I usually do).....then do it. Sometimes we just need to ramble and I know that for me, writing/typing out what I'm feeling inside is a heck of alot easier than verbally expressing it. So come and type, type, type if you can.
Love ya,
~Pamela~

Last edited by PJ; 08-02-2001 at 11:41 AM.
Old 08-02-2001, 05:50 PM   #18  
Teacher chick

Hey PJ and everyone, I should have waited a few hours before my last post. The good news is that the mass they found isn't a mass at all. They just called. It's a part of my cervix that was left in after my hysterectomy, to keep stuff from falling down. I'm so thrilled. Now, about the other stuff... it suddenly doesn't seem so scary.

YIPEE!
Old 08-02-2001, 08:29 PM   #19  
Is is spring yet??

Hi Everyone!

Thought I would post tonite - instead of just lurking! Its nice to see some of the old owls around!! Did I see Michelle K? - I believe I did on thread #14 (the old MLK5460).

Michelle - I hope you are doing ok! Come back and post more - I noticed you got rid of MLK5460 on AOL (my newsletter keeps coming back to me saying that is not a valid AOL name). Do you want me to send you my newsletter to another email? Just let me know. I hope the baby is doing ok!! Any new pics? He is so adorable

Emmy - Thanks so much for the info on that A and N store. I will check it out - I have never heard of it here - but who knows! I appreciate your help!!

PJ - You have the best stories girl!! Sorry about all your craziness with your old barn - but it sounds like you have a good barn now - and I hear you are going to be a grandmother! CONGRATS!! Missy is knocked up - who knew! And I hear that Miss Jackie is up in "my neck of the woods" in Martha's Vineyard - what part? I bet she is having a blast - its a great place to go - I went for the first time last year. We had fun! She sure is growing up - and Little Billy is getting big too.

Ally - I am not sure if I introduced myself to you - but I am Tara - one of the "older owls" (I am not an "original" though - I joined in Feb 99) and I lurk mostly nowadays. This thread slows down too much for me at times - I needed more support. But I like to check in every now and then!

Penny - Is it hot enough for you up here? How are you doing girl? I hope OA is working out ok.

Judy - HEY GIRL!!! Good to see you! Glad to hear your tests came back ok! Enjoy the rest of your summer - its almost over - unfortunately!

Brenda - Sounds like you are doing well with WW! Good for you!! Keep up the good work.

I got an email from Setina - she is sick AGAIN! She says "Hello" and she will get back here as soon as she can. I worry so much about her!

I have to run - I need to re-fill my water bottle. I am doing good OP wise - I did have a small gain the other nite - but I know why and I am back on program 100%. I will check in again soon!!

Tara
Old 08-02-2001, 08:31 PM   #20  
Is is spring yet??

Default How could I forget....

Candice - You post the nicest pictures! I love your garden - you really have a green thumb - don't you!

PJ - I heard about the storm down in Florida - I hope you guys don't get it!

Bye!

Tara
Old 08-02-2001, 08:57 PM   #21  

Default Update on my Boss!!

I forgot to tell you guys how things turned out at work, sorry! The next day we went in and my boss was fine, in a really good mood. One reason is she didn't have to do the pages all over like she thought, she just did a correction on the next ledger entry and referred it back to the one on June 12 and fixed it that way. I did find out though that Theresa was the one who did the miscellaneous debit memo and Janet was the one who entered it into the book so it was them and not me. It is easy to make a mistake like that though so I am glad they didn't get in trouble. My boss did get into a problem with Andy though who WAS our Aviation Production Manager and he left the company, I don't know if he was fired or quit, he got back from the oshkosh seminar on monday and today we all found out he was gone, He was there for a long time too and was a high paid employee, it is quite a shock, he was very nice.

Well after work today I went to the gym and did an hour long kickboxing class for the second time, it was very hard but I did it and didn't keel over from a heart attack, almost did though
I did good with my eating today too, back on track!!

Emmy, ofcourse I knew you were there, I could just FEEL your presence. You know we have always had that connection so you know you cant hide Hey, atleast you are drinking the water, now take the next step whatever you decide that is, count points, journal, exercise, whatever.

Tara, soooo good to see you again, I have missed you around here.

Setina, gosh girl, feel better soon. Love Ya YFF!!!!!!!

PJ, let us know how you fared the storm as soon as you can.

Judygal, thank goodness the mass was nothing, when I read the beginning of your post, my heart went right down to my stomach.
Now, let's just get that neck better, I know how painful that can be.

Alley, hey there girl! Thanks for the encouragement, I really appreciate it. Sounds like your whole family is being very supportive of your weight loss efforts, that is fantastic.

Penny, is it hot enough for you???? LOL, gosh I feel like I am melting, thank goodness we have a strong air conditioner at work but boy when I walked outside today, WHAM it hit me hard and I am still sweating.

Okay now, where are all the other owls? Come out, Come out wherever you are.

See ya all later
Bren
Old 08-02-2001, 10:50 PM   #22  
Happy Member

Judy--
Whew! I was so glad to read your 2nd post!! Hey y'all know now how I can ramble. Please don't think you can't!!! Like PJ said, it's what were all on the boards for, even if it doesn't directly have to do with the weight loss....to give and get support!!

PJ--
LOVED your idiots thread...especially the guy who mailed the police the PIC of his ticket $$. ROFL!!
So, I guess things worked out OK (so far) in the stormy weather?

Brenda--
WOW! Like I've told you before, I really admire your drive to get to that gym and work out! Kickboxing classes make my walking sound like....well.....walking.

Tara--
HI again...I think we've been "introduced" before. I know I've only been here on the Nightowls for a short time, but I've been a 3FC-er since 10-99 and I've "seen" you around!

Well, I think I'm gonna stroll into the chat room again tonight. I don't feel sleepy right now....and I AM a nightowl, don't 'cha know!!
Ally
Old 08-04-2001, 09:16 AM   #23  

Default Couldn't post for a few days...

Wow...you guys are just posting up a storm

PJ, did you get that rain? Congrates on a preggie horse!

Emmy..good t se you pop in you litle lurker!

Hi Judy glad you are ok, did you see on the new agout those people wheo were treated for cancer and nerver had it! Scarey stuff

Tara..good to see you too!

Penny..hot and humid here too!

Bren..you are doing good..the scale is moving in the right direction even if it is slow.

Ally..called that number and I know what store carries it so now I just have to go there!LOL I always bought that years ago for my kids cause it was lower in everything. Don't know why I auit buying it.....Hummmmmmmmmm..changed stores I guess.

What is Fluffernutter????????????

Here is a pic of me doing laundry!
Old 08-04-2001, 05:03 PM   #24  
Teacher chick

Ally, Bren, Pammie, Candice, Tara, and Candice...... hi from "way too hot" St. Louis. Thanks you guys for helping me get through the medical scare this week.

The good news of course it that I do not have anything growing in me that shouldn't be there!

The bad news is I put on 4 (count em... 4) freakin pounds this week from the IV fluids, the meds and all that jazz. Needless to say, I had hit my 10% and now I have 4 lbs to go to hit it again! Sheesh!!

Hey Pamela, what's new with your kids and Bill? Is he still out of town a lot?

Candice.... what is fluffernutter?????? Oh my gosh girlfriend.... it's peanut butter with (instead of jelly) marshmellow cream (called fluff I think... you get it in the bakine aisle) on bread. It's the bomb as my kids say! (that's good!)

Ally, I also love the diet coke. Unfortunately, I can't drink it anymore because the sweetner in it gave me worse headaches. I am not at all interested in lemon in there, just like you. Sounds gross, but knowing me, I'll check it out anyway!

Bren.... kickboxing class, huh? I haven't tried that one. Let me know how it goes.

Tara... you are right..... summer is almost over. I go back on the 20th. That so bites. Tell Setina I miss her. She knows that I know what she's dealing with, with those darn headaches.

Penny, how long have been riding horses? I think I'd like to fly across a field on a horse with my long blonde hair flowing behind me! The only thing is, I have short curly dark hair and if I actually got ON the horse, I'd probably have to tape my breasts down so they don't fly up and hit me in the face!!!!! Seriously, it's so much fun to read your and Pamela's posts about the horses.

Emmy, I can relate to your wanting a pony as a child. I remember the tv show Romper Room (does anyone know what I'm talking about???) and they had horse heads on broom sticks. I had one of those but that was the closest thing to a horse I've ever had.

Have a good weekend y'all!
Old 08-04-2001, 05:48 PM   #25  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Judy - Oh my God!!!!!!!

"It's the bomb as my kids say! (that's good!)"

That's the exact thing my kids say.....I guess "their language" travels quicly from state to state.
As for Romper Room.....YES!!!!!! And thank you soooooooo much for reminding me of my age JUDY!!!!!!!!!!!! AGGGGHHHHHHH. Of course we old farts remember Romper Room.....well, maybe only us COOL ole farts that is...heh-heh.
And Judy - I have to correct you on one little detail. A "Fluff" as you put it is a flatulent act the body does when it reacts to eating beans or broccoli, etc. FLUFFERNUTTER is the marshmallow that is "THE BOMB" when it's made with a pb sandwich.

Candice - There is NO WAY that's you doing laundry....I've seen your pictures and your butt is no where NEAR that.......now MY A*...er, butt looks like that ....... but YOURS?????? Not a chance.

Gotta go...it's starting to thunder again and Bill and I had a yard sale today and then re-mulched the front yard. He's knocking on the window now to get me out there.
See ya all later.
Old 08-05-2001, 12:25 AM   #26  
Teacher chick

LOL PAM! I stand corrected! Here's another blast from our past... do you remember Wonderama on tv when we were about 5 or so? The host was Sonny Fox.
Old 08-05-2001, 08:21 AM   #27  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Default ~Good Morning~

Judy - You mean the guy with the blonde, blonde hair and BANGS???? LOL....yes, I remember that one too. I think we should start a thread with all of the TV shows we can remember from the late 50's - the 60's. LOL.....I know I'll remember SEVERAL ....... hundred!!!!!! heh-heh. It makes me happy to see you in such good spirits my Judygal. I'm still coming for a visit one of these days.......and sooner than later. Watch out! Here comes Pammy!

As for my being on program for the past couple of days. Well, like my last post regarding being OP....I'm still so, so and it showed on the scale this morning. I'm STUCK. Haven't gained but haven't lost and that's not where I want to be after tha last time I weighed myself. I know I had a loss, I could feel it in the waist of my tighter clothers but then a couple of days ago we had chinese food and I LOVE steamed dumplings. The dumplings aren't too bad but the Teriyaki sauce really blew me up and then I had eggdrop soup last night. YES, YES and YES again, I'm swollen like a watermelon. I've always said salt doesn't have much of an effect on me??? Well, I take it back!!!!!!!! My fingers look like Flintstone feet and my face is puffy this morning around my eyes. Now THAT'S swollen for ME. So, it's back on track today. Especially since it's Sunday...what better day than a holy day to get back on track to being a good girl and I've GOT to stop smoking. I can't even call myself a "social smoker" anymore. For the past week, I've been a bonafied (sp?) smooooooker! I am going to put my best effert forward today to STOP! Nuf said.
Quit Smoking
Stay OP
I think that's enough to get started....heh-heh.

Jackie comes home TOMORROW!!!!!! Yey!!! I miss the little stinker soooo much. I can't wait to hold her in my arms and squeeze and mush her up. I have an important Dr's appt. related to my case that I CANNOT miss so Bill is taking the day off to pick her up around 10am or so and my appt. is at 12 noon. No way I'd make it back here on time and he's just as excited to see his daughter as Li'l Billy and I are. It's been 10 days. Her little brother really misses her ALOT...it's so cute when he talks about her.

I'll catch you later.....hello to all you missing OWLS out there.......

Hugs to you all,
~Pamela~

Last edited by PJ; 08-05-2001 at 08:29 AM.
Old 08-05-2001, 12:17 PM   #28  

Question what is it

what is the night owl group i work night shift does that count
Old 08-05-2001, 10:14 PM   #29  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Welcome Jenn - Way back when........about 3 years ago when the 3fc site was just starting out......we were digruntled WW site members......well, a few of us. Then we came over to here when Brenda told us about it and since WE were also working Moms and what not......the name NIGHT OWLS just stuck. I don't remember who came up with the name but I'll bet it was Brenda.
Anyway, most of us have been together for the average of one year and "OLDIES" that were here from the beginning are Brenda, Judy, PJ (me), Setina, MJ (missing in action), and a few others I think. The rest joined about 2 years ago and then we've got some new ones this year as well. All together there are probably about 25 of us ..... some pop in from time to time.....some just lerk until we "whip em" out of hiding. Heh-heh...
Then there's the ones like myself who aren't around for a week or so.....then when I DO show up......you can't shup me up!
So, welcome to the NIGHT OWLS.......we support eachother in our battle of the bulge....or maintaining ........ or whatever we need support in on any given day. Many of us talk about our personal lives and we all help eachother out when we can and try to give eachother a "lift" if needed. You're more than welcome to lerk and see if we're the kind of support you need and if not...that's fine too. Glad you stopped by and maybe .......if you'd like....you can tell us a little about yourself.
Hope you're having a good night..........Sweet dreams to the rest of you. Now that Li'l Billy has finally gone to sleep...I'm sneaking up to Walmart to get him his boots for the barn....you know, the black ones that are %100 waterproof so he can walk through the mud and muck.......YUCK!!!!!!
Night all,
~Pamela~
Old 08-05-2001, 10:36 PM   #30  
Teacher chick

Jennie... welcome to the nightowls. I am one of the originals but am famous for having headaches (along with Setina) that keep me from posting for periods of time.

Pammy, I WAS ON Wonderama. We (the kids in the neighborhood) won tickets for having a Jerry Lewis telethon carnival in my back yard. I remember riding the Long Island Railroad to get there. I also remember cheating during the simon says game and it was caught on camera! Oh btw: great picture!
Closed Thread