Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2002, 09:53 AM   #1  
Is is spring yet??

Red face Night Owls #37

Hello

I just wanted to get a new thread started! I will be back in a few minutes to post

Tara
Old 03-05-2002, 09:55 AM   #2  
Is is spring yet??

This was posted by Julie this morning on thread #36 - I didn't want you all to miss it!!

Hey Bren,

It sure must be hard for you not to yell at your daughter and tell her to get her butt to the doctor. She doesn't realize how important early pre-natal care is. Bug her if you must

This has actually been the warmest winter with the least amount of snow for Wisconsin. The ski hills had to make their own snow just to get people
there. Now I'm sure that we will have snow through June

Not sure how many of you go to a WW meeting, but this weeks topic is wonderful. I did my first meeting last night and the members really got into
it. Meetin topic: Persistence. How many of you feel you are persistent with your weight loss efforts?

You all have a great day.

Julie
Old 03-05-2002, 11:02 AM   #3  

Hi There,

PJ, thanks for being such a good friend, you are always there for me. Actually I threatened to go down there. I said to her, do I have to come down there and take you to the doctor, she said no. I said well I will do that for you if it will help but she won't budge.

Julie, believe me I didn't yell at here but I gave it to her with both barrels. I let her know that I am disappointed in her and worried. I told her if this is the way she is taking care of the baby now, I am afraid how she will care for it after. I said if she does this after the birth, the child will be taken away from her. She just DOESN'T GET IT!! I can't do anything to budge her so I am backing off before it causes us not to speak anymore.

Judygal, where are you girlfriend?? Ditto for Emmy.

See Ya
Bren
Old 03-05-2002, 01:32 PM   #4  
Is is spring yet??

Hello again

Its been busy here today - but that is good - keeps me out of trouble! Being busy makes me not snack as much either - another good thing!!

I have had a really good OP week - I am hoping for a good loss tomorrow nite at WW. Wish me luck!

Julie - I am going to love topic this week - since I am very persistent with my weight loss efforts. I try to be anyway! Now if my body would just LET GO of some fat I would be all set!!

Did I tell you all I started working out again? Small steps is all I am taking at this point - but I have the Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds tapes and I am doing the 1 mile. My goal is 3-4x a week. I have done it twice this week and will do it tonite.

Gotta run my sister is on the phone....

Tara
Old 03-05-2002, 07:28 PM   #5  
I'm on my way!

BOO!

Just thought I would pop in and scare you all!

I've been lurking occassionally....but not posting...been eating out of control and bustin' the old jeans!

I got layed off from work a few weeks ago....I am working a temporary job right now but that will end this week. I think I will just collect for a bit and take my time looking for something else. The good thing is now I will be able to get out there and walk and do my exercise. Its tough when you work and have to take care of a family...the time flies by and before you know it it is time for bed!

Maybe I will be able to rejoin WW again during the day.

Ok I babbled enough for now...I will have to go back and read the threads to catch up on everyone. I like the idea of having Julie here so we can get the info on the meetings when we can't attend...and to have the support!

Has anyone heard from Setina?

Catch up to you all later!

Michelle
Old 03-05-2002, 09:56 PM   #6  

Question

Hello,

I would like to join your group. I was a member about 2 years ago. I cannot remember my user name. I am a single mom in NJ. I am a second year nursing student. I graduate in May. I am joining WW on Wednesday. I am 180????lbs. I started the nursing program at around 160lbs. I will be starting yoga at the local YMCA on Friday. The kids (I have two, Seth and Sarah) have swim lessons on Tuesday and Wednesday for 1/2 hour each. While they are at their lesson my plan is to walk on the treadmill for twenty minutes.

I will be honest. I may not be able to post everyday. I am aiming at everyother day. I think that is managable. I hope to get to know you all very well. I remember the group to be a very friendly group will a lot of support for one another.

Thank You,
Sheila
Old 03-06-2002, 06:41 AM   #7  
SJR
Just stick with it!!

Hi all,

Thank you all for the great welcome. Yes, Tara, I did post on the 199 thread. I think I started on the 250 thread and worked my way down. In 1999, those threads were booming, but have dwindled (or at least when I was on them ). I don't always have a whole lot to say, but I love reading everyone else's posts and ideas.

I had a stomach bug on Monday. Started the whole vomiting, etc. thing at 1am Monday morning and had my last visit to the bathroom at 6pm that night. Sure cleaned out my system!! Should help on the scales tonight, but not sure that's the way I would want to lose every week. You'd think after 9 months of morning sickness for both of my kids, it would be second nature to me, NOT!!!! Am feeling better today, but still not wanting a lot in my stomach.

Tara - I live about 2 1/2 hours from Boston. Well, sometimes only 2 hours if my hubby drives .

Have to get dressed for work. Will check in after my meeting tonight.

Sheri
Old 03-06-2002, 11:20 AM   #8  
Is is spring yet??

Hello Just peeking in while I have a minute.

We have a few posts at the end of #36 from today - you all might want to go and check out.

I have to run - but i will be back!

Tara
Old 03-06-2002, 04:05 PM   #9  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Hey Bren - Expect a call from me tonight. K? You too Setina...see ya later. Sorry, can't help it.

Last edited by PJ; 03-06-2002 at 04:11 PM.
Old 03-07-2002, 06:47 AM   #10  

Hey Tara, thanks for keeping me updated on this new thread....ya know me and computers I too love the Leslie Sansone tapes but what I have found, about a year ago is the Body Flex exercise. Now I have to tell you all, it is rather strange and I don't do it when the family is around, but the inches really do come off. I was able to tell in just a few weeks after starting.

Pamela- good to hear that you are persistent. When it comes to our weight loss, we need to be persistent with many things so that the weight comes off. It take a while but sooner or later.....

Bren- Maybe your daughter will come around. Does she want to be pregnant? Is she happy about it? Boy I wish I could talk to her or AT HER.

Michelle- Sometimes we all get that eating out of control thing, it happens sometimes to me also. What we need to do is learn the self-talk method. When we are in our eating binging mode, we have to stop and ask ourselves, are we hungry, or what is eating at us? We need to learn all over again when our body needs nutrition and when we are eating just because. Not an easy thing to do I agree, but talking to ourselves really works. Next time this happens say HALT to yourself. A few weeks ago I had members write this down and told them to put it where the fun food is kept. When they see this, it will make them think twice about over-eating.

Sheila - Welcome to the group. That is ok if you don't post everyday, we will love to hear from you.

Ok so I have blabed on and on here, better let you go.

Julie
Old 03-07-2002, 06:52 AM   #11  
SJR
Just stick with it!!

Well, as predicted, the stomach bug worked wonders and I was down 3.6lbs last night. Now I just need to behave this week, journal, and get in some exercise, and hopefully keep it off!

Setina - where are you?? you said you'd come back and post!! Missed you too.

Julie - I loved the meeting last night. It really hit home. Guess after almost 4 years at working on this I must be persistent (just not always effective!. ) Our leader also gave us a daily journal checklist that I haven't seen before. Am going to try and shrink it on the copier so it is the size of my journal and work on it each week.

Well, off to work.

Hope everyone has a super day.
Sheri
Old 03-07-2002, 08:20 AM   #12  

Got a cat bite on my finger and it is very painful to type or do anything with it! Long story..........

Hi Sheri and Shelia....newbies I think?

Eating ok..been baking again..those WW turtle cookies(2pts) are Yummmmmmmmmmmmy! DH loves them..good thing it only makes 24! I was shopping last week after my Dr. appt and was hungry and didn't want to stop for food so I dug into my groceries and had a 2 pt sandwich and a v-8!....and of course my water! I found some high fiber 1 pt whole wheat buns...Kroger brand!

Hi Julie, SueBee, pj, Tara,Bren, Setina, Michelle and Michelle we do have two here now right? Anyone hear from Susan?
Old 03-07-2002, 08:22 AM   #13  

Why won't this site let you use gif attachements anymore??????????
Old 03-07-2002, 11:13 AM   #14  

Default Hi There!!

How is everyone doing? I am still a bit off track but working on getting back on program. I can't believe I fell off, I was doing so well staying on program, 0h well happens to the best of us.

Candice, I don't know why you can't use gif files anymore here, I haven't tried. I will do a post to Suzanne in the moderator forum and see what is going on.

Tara, hi there girl, what you been up to?

Sheri, wow girl you are really doing great. I am sorry that you got sick though but glad you are feeling better.

Hi Julie, yes she wants the baby even though it wasn't planned, she is just pig-headed and just doesn't have a clue. I hope she can handle being a mom. I have my doubts. I think grammy will have to come to the rescue quite often.

PJ, I didn't hear from you last night. I will be home tonight though, after 7 or so but tomorrow night I will be out with Steve. Just call when you get a chance. Sunday I will be home on and off.

Sheila, hi there!! Glad to have you in the nest. Don't worry about how often you can post, just come when you can. I disappear from time to time but always know where home is. Anyway, welcome

Julie, hi there! I know you are having a hard time, so am I. Just try to take it one step at a time and it should slowly fall into place. You can do it!!

Well back to work.

Later
Bren
Old 03-07-2002, 03:29 PM   #15  
Is is spring yet??

Just a quick post......(I am so busy here!)

We can't add attachments for the time being. Suzanne had a thread all about it up at the top in the News forum (whatever its called). Go check it out! That function will be back

(us moderators can still do it though - for some reason)

I will be back when I have some extra time to post more!

Tara
Closed Thread