Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 08:17 AM   #76  

Unhappy

I am doing better than I thought I would. I never made it to my meeting last week do to a conflict with the meeting time, but I went on and started by myself. I have been on WW several times before and quit, but NOT THIS time. My meeting is on Wednesday night, so I will let ya'll know how it goes.

Sue, how did the outfit shopping go? It is so nice to have a working cell phone again. I wish I were going to Al.

-Amy

Last edited by Little Sis; 05-24-2005 at 08:57 AM.
Old 05-24-2005, 09:21 AM   #77  
Thursday Lady

Default Our Photo Thread needs you

I thought I'd post this on both threads-----
If you are new members---we have a Thursday Photo thread. It's at the top of the WW Weigh-Ins and Countdowns division. Please post a picture so we can think of your face when we're writing.
If you have any questions or problems, please feel free to send me a Personal Message and I'll help.
For any other members---please post a picture or post a current one.
Thanks,
Tina
Old 05-24-2005, 10:30 AM   #78  
Susan

Howdy,
Hope everyone is doing good! It's been a couple of scorching days here. We jumped right into summer!

Tina, I told Amy to email you her picture since you are the expert at it.
Tammy, I agree with Tina, DON"T OVER DO IT!!!!
Amy, I looked at that outfit but didn't buy it. I'm going to try again today when I'm in a little better mood. I'll let you know. Glad your phone is working too.

We are all looking of something to wear to the wedding which is in 10 days. Amy and I both hate to shop so that doesn't make it fun. I guess if I was a size 8 it would be all different.
Old 05-24-2005, 01:37 PM   #79  

My blood pressure is on the low side of normal today. I have spent most of the day sleeping. I think the stress from school is really kicking up the fibromyalgia. Gosh I don't like this stuff.

We just got pictures back from prom night. There is one of Tim, Bob, and I. I think I'll wait for a better picture to post. That one has my hair and shirt blowing and my jeans are baggy. lol Baggy is a good thing though, right?
Old 05-24-2005, 09:30 PM   #80  
Thursday Lady

Check out the photo thread. See one of our new members, Amy.
Old 05-24-2005, 09:41 PM   #81  
Susan

Tina, thanks for putting Amy's picture up. I told her that you were the expert at doing it.

I've decided that I'm going to go naked to the wedding. I can't seem to find anything to wear..... Now isn't that a lovely mental picture I'm sure my brother would love it!
Old 05-24-2005, 09:44 PM   #82  
Thursday Lady

Susan, what a nut you are.
I understand about not finding clothes. There just aren't many good-looking dresses anymore.
Keep looking. You don't want to streak the wedding.
Old 05-25-2005, 08:17 AM   #83  

Heaven help us if she wears her B-day suit.
Old 05-25-2005, 12:17 PM   #84  
GoddessInclined

Default A not-so-good week....

...I've been kind of slacking and lazy about journaling this week, and so haven't been as careful. Ugh...plus it's "green pill week" if you KWIM.

So I *could* use that as an excuse, but I'll be honest and say I've been lazy. However, I *am* going to use the "bloating card" as an excuse to skip the scale this week, but I'll be good and attend my meeting.

Today, though, I'm being good. My local deli just introduced really good healthy entrees in their "to go" section, and the one I grabbed seems to be almost all Core, only 200 calories and 6 grams of fat, so should be around....3-4 pts? Oh, and lots of fiber, too.....whoot!

goddess just posted her photo in the photo thread
Old 05-25-2005, 12:18 PM   #85  
Thursday Lady

Default There's a new photo on that thread

Hi all,
Jody has just put her photo on the Thursday Photo thread. Be sure to go look. It's a great one!
It is soooooo hot down in TX. Surely I've sweated off some calories today by going outside.

Does anyone have a WW approved recipe for macoroni salad? A cousin used to make it with real mayo, celery, onion, etc. I can't find it. It would be a pain having to change everything anyway. (Do I sound lazy today. he..he..)
Tina
Old 05-26-2005, 10:26 PM   #86  
Thursday Lady

happy Thursday
It's quiet around here today.
I'm still wondering if anyone has a good mac salad recipe. I'd love to have one.
Old 05-26-2005, 10:35 PM   #87  

I had some pasta salad the other night that was delicious, but I have no idea who made it. It was a carry-in for an Emmaus Gathering. If I had that recipe, I'd pass it on to you, but I am SURE that it wasn't low-cal, low-fat, low-anything. lol

5 days of school.

I was so excited this week. I got on the scales the other day. I was down a pound! I thought WOO HOO, I'll get to move my butterfly on Thursday. Wrong. Today I was up a couple pounds. I think my body does stuff like that on Thursdays to start my day off wrong.

Nice to put faces with the new gals!!
Old 05-28-2005, 10:00 AM   #88  
Thursday Lady

Happy Saturday all.
Tammy, you're crazy about your weight and Thursdays. (I've thought that before, too.) Almost the end of school.. Yahooo!!!!!! I'm so happy for ya.
Sis, I'm sorry you didn't get that new job. Is there another place? How's your daughter doing? Does she have lots of summer plans?

Does anyone have special plans for this weekend?
We are staying around the house and goofing off as much as possible. Yesterday I bought lots of bonelss chicken breasts to put on the grill. I splurged and got part of a brisket to cook in the oven. Now, I just have to resist making a big dessert. or even a small one..

Let's talk.
Old 05-28-2005, 09:38 PM   #89  

I'm glad I'm not the only one that has felt that way about the scales!

Went to the first graduation party today. 2 more tomorrow. Then more next weekend.
Actually the first one was on my birthday. It was my niece's college graduation party.

Tim and I were talking today about grilling out. With our crazy schedules, things should be somewhat easier when school is out. We have a gas grill and a charcoal grill. Bob loves the charcoal grill, but the gas grill is so much faster and easier. Hmm. Shish kabobs just came to mind. That will have to be one of the meals that we have soon.

Worked in the yard for a while today. Tim was mowing and kept an eye on me. After I worked for a while, he convinced me to come in and take a nap before we went to the grad. party. I'm glad that I did.
Old 05-29-2005, 12:29 AM   #90  
RNY 3/1/06

Height: 5'2" and shrinking

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to pop in to let you know that I am dropping out. You are a great group & some of you have been here every time I tried to diet again. This dieting is not working for me right now so am going to stop weighing and measuring & just cut down on portions to see how that goes. You never know, I may be back after awhile.

Thanks for all the support over the years, though. Good Luck with your own individual journeys.
Closed Thread