Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2005, 07:33 PM   #46  
RNY 3/1/06

Height: 5'2" and shrinking

Hello All,
I didn't disappear again--just thought maybe I should. I had a good first week, but it has been downhill (maybe uphill would be a better description) since then. I've gained back what I lost & am really having a tough time motivating myself. I've decided that Monday would be the "get serious again" day. That way I can enjoy my weekend with my hubbie (at least Sunday afternoon & evening).

Tammy, if I had known it was your birthday on mothers day, I would have shouted Happy Birthday to you when I went by the 127 turnoff on my way from OH to IN.

I have had some great news in the last couple weeks. My daughter has decided to move to IN. She lives near Duluth MN. Her company is doing some reorganizing & she & her employees would be moved to a different business unit (at the same location). She was pretty sure that she wouldn't be happy in that area, so decided to move closer to me. She is 26, but we are really close & enjoy being together, so it is really good news. I don't think she will have any problems finding a job here. Now if I could just find a job for my husband in IN, I have a little family unit again. He has applied & is on the 3rd or 4th round of the selection process now.

So what is this talk about meeting in St. Louis? I must have missed that when I was sulking about my weight gain. I think I have a mental block that triggers when I get close to 240--that says STOP! I just never seem to get below that mark.
Old 05-13-2005, 09:26 PM   #47  
Thursday Lady

Hi Loodie,
It wasn't St Louis, it was New Orleans. I went there for a short vacation and thought we'd all have a ball there.
(I don't know if it will ever come true but it would be fun for us all to meet in person.) It's great that your daughter will be near you. I hope your husband can find something there, also.
Old 05-13-2005, 09:50 PM   #48  

Tina, our neighbor never did anything with her leaves in the fall. She now has a lovely (NOT!!!) backyard. About half of the grass is dead, because the leaves were never cleaned up. Between our houses is a section with different flowers and bushes. It belongs to her, but she never cleaned up the leaves around them. It looks awful. I was out there last week trying to clean it up a little because it makes our yard look bad too. She has only lived there a couple years. The older couple before her took excellent care of the yard and the house. She doesn't do anything. Someone else does the mowing. I could probably count on one hand how many times I've seen her outside. She's a couple years older than me.

We still have the principal.
We still don't know what we are teaching next year. We'd like to start going through things if we have to switch rooms. The administration is not being very professional about all of this.

I have started a box of things to bring home to put in a garage sale this summer.

We went to Red Lobster tonight. Yummy! I had a certificate for my birthday, so we used that. Still expensive especially since Tim hasn't eaten off of the kid's menu in years!!!!

Tina, when you get tired of your yard, you can help me with mine. Actually, I wish my neighbor would get someone to help her.
Old 05-16-2005, 10:46 PM   #49  
Thursday Lady

Hi, I hope everyone had a good Monday. I took it easy. Larry gave me his cold, the dear guy. I had that horrible yucky feeling all day. So, I just took it easy.
Tammy, it sounds like you have one strange neighbor
Red Lobster, yum. I know how much you like that place.
Mimi and Sis, how were y'alls weekends?
Susan, was your Walk too emotional?
Old 05-16-2005, 10:57 PM   #50  
Susan

Howdy,
Hope everyone is doing well. The walk was nice and emotional. It felt good because for 3.2 miles I walked and never thought about being tired. I know Seamus was helping me along.

Tina, get well soon!
Tammy, you know Red Lobster is one of my favorite places.
Mimi, are you working a bunch this week?
Loodie, we are glad you're back.
Old 05-17-2005, 11:15 AM   #51  
Susan

I feel like I'm starting to spin out of control!!! I was on a roll before I went to San Antonio. I know that I have a week to get it all back in control and then I'll have 2 weeks of things that will tempt me to eat (of course being with my family)
Old 05-17-2005, 11:30 AM   #52  
Thursday Lady

Okay, to all those feeling like they are "spinning out of control"---
We can do this!!!!! Today is the day. Take it one day at a time. Don't think too far ahead or it'll scare you. That's the way I usually try to deal with my weight.
Old 05-17-2005, 05:34 PM   #53  
Vegan Fat Chick

Hey all. Well I'm looking forward to Thursday's meeting (#4 for me!)
I am doing really really bad with the exercise, but I am trying not to panic. I think honestly, I am putting off the exercise until I stop losing...which is a bad approach but...

Last night I cooked all through Raymond and CSI So I have three healthy 5-6 pt. dinner dishes ready for me for the week. Other than that not much to update on...really hoping for another loss on Thurs to keep me motivated!
Old 05-17-2005, 09:18 PM   #54  
Susan

How did everyone do today? I didn't exercise but I did manage to do pretty well with my food. Did I tell ya'll my new favorite food is orange or yellow bell peppers? I eat them plain. I hope to have a better day tomorrow and will exercise. I know we can do this!!!!
Old 05-18-2005, 09:55 AM   #55  
Thursday Lady

Default Anyone see Oprah yesterday?

It's Wednesday and I hope everyone is okay.

Did anyone see Oprah yesterday? She had author, Mireille Guiliano, on there. She's written a book, French Women Don't Get Fat . It says French women can eat what they want and still stay thin. It's something about savouring your food while you eat it and using small portions. I think the small portions is what does it. Plus, she says that they walk everywhere in France--no gyms needed. I took it with a grain of salt.
I sure don't intend to spend the money on the book but might read it at the bookstore.
That's my news for the morning. Anyone else?????
Old 05-18-2005, 12:09 PM   #56  

I was told by a very special person about your group, can I join? I have decided I am going back to WW tonight, even though I got out my old books and started this morning. Yesterday was my birthday and this is MY present to myself. Thanks Sue for being such great motivation to me. (I am Susan's "little sister'' and very proud of it.

-Amy

Last edited by Little Sis; 05-18-2005 at 12:14 PM.
Old 05-18-2005, 12:18 PM   #57  
Thursday Lady

Welcome, Amy!
You certainly can join us. You have a great sister.
Good luck tonight. The program now is simple to follow.
BTW, Happy Birthday.
Tina
Old 05-18-2005, 02:49 PM   #58  
Susan

Hey, That's my baby sister!!!!! I'm so proud of her and love her dearly!!! We can do this!! Welcome to a GREAT group!
Old 05-18-2005, 09:43 PM   #59  

Welcome to Amy! My birthday was on the 8th. Should we have a party?

Meeting after school today. The superintendent and principal were there to tell us what we will be teaching next year. Instead of meeting with individual teachers, we were all in one room and they projected the names and grades on a screen. There are 4 of us at second grade right now. Only one of us will be there next year. I am going to 4th grade, my team teacher is going to 8th grade, and the other teacher is going to 5th. People are NOT happy. I think it was the administrations way to say that they can do what they want, and we can't do anything about it.

I can't wait for school to be out.
I didn't even get papers out to grade tonight. I'll just grade them tomorrow sometime.
Old 05-18-2005, 09:52 PM   #60  
Susan

Howdy,

How was everyone's day? Mine was uneventful. I went to exercise and that was the most exciting thing I did today.

Amy, how ws your meeting? I'm so proud of you for going tonight. We can do this!

Tammy, that is horrible to find out about the changes in a meeting! How do you feel about 4th grade? I wish they would get rid of your prinicpal!!!

Tina, I saw that Oprah you were talking about. Eat 3 bites of something, you got to be kidding!!! I've never eatten 3 bites of anything.
Closed Thread